Author Topic: London  (Read 1339 times)

eranka

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 203
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
London
« on: October 06, 2012, 05:34:26 AM »
just moved here for work purposes but i will still have some time in my hands to skate
any recommended spots except southbanks? skateshops?
and what do you do when it rains here? any indoor parks or spots?
thanks!
and if anyone is down to skate that would be great. PM!

cringe.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 414
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Re: London
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2012, 06:49:51 AM »
spots:   just explore and skate around, london isn't a city with big hub spots (except southbank) more like lots of little things dotted about, but theyre fun to push between. good places to look around are the city (as in the financial area so liverpool st, chancery lane, st pauls, bank, barbican, monument, aldgate etc), all along the southbank (not just the spot), london bridge, euston brick banks/ black banks, round oxford st theres some spots, big ben/houses of parliament, some spots to be found in holborn (lse is fun), bloomsbury (soas banks, british museum goodge st station, ucl gap spot), 3 up 6 down in pimlico, canary wharf has some crazy stuff but is a bust, elephant and castle ledges/manny pad, vauxhal + much more... but yeah as i said just have a look around theres a lot of stuff to be found, or ask people you see skating

skateshops:   slam city in neil's yard covent garden, three amigos on camden road, parlour by mile end skatepark

wet weather:   southbank, bay 66 recently done up (by ladbroke grove station), meanwhile 2 (royal oak station), carparks, whitegrounds plaza (by london bridge/tower bridge)
- other skateparks mile end, victoria park, cantelowes in camden, meanwhile 1, stockwell, harrow, mudchute, kennington (recently done up), telegraph hill

eranka

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2012, 03:12:02 PM »
wow man. thanks alot! helps alot. really appreciate it :)
skated southbank today and it was amazing. the ledges are alot more rounded then i thought they would be but its such a great place, had alot of fun.
looking forward to skate the rest of the city
thank you very much!

truthislie

• Rep: 58
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2012, 02:34:29 PM »
I visited last spring and I was blown away by the mile end skatepark. Even on the way to the skatepark there were white up/down ledges that were fun to skate. Hope I get to skate London a little again some time.

Grubby Mits

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -76
  • kim you need to leave him
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2012, 03:20:40 PM »
Yes to Mile End! My favourite park in London. It's even got an indoor section that is lit (rain/dark ahead) and a great skateshop that shows videos. If you're going to check out baysixty 6 and royal oak (10 minutes skate apart) and if the weathers dry definitely hit up meanwhile bowls inbetween them, go out of baysixty6 and straight over through the estates and take a right on the highstreet and then right again after the bridge and they are at the bottom of that road on the left (you can then just follow the river in that direction till you can get off and then skate down the road and turn right at the bottom of the hill to find royal oak under the bridge). That's a good afternoon session if you just want to skate some parks

Colin

• Rep: -1
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2012, 06:43:52 PM »
On this but a bit unrelated... I'm going to be studying in London starting in mid-January and was wondering how the weather and everything is around that time for skating. Are people still out skating then? I'm from Boston and if I get a few days outside all winter it's good, so I'm just hoping London's a bit better with the more mild climate.

I'm gonna be living in Islington. Any shops close by, good spots, etc.?

cringe.

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2012, 07:36:51 PM »
yo i live in the borough of islington too.. nice area man. weather's hit and miss, at the moment its been raining a lot but then it also dries up pretty fast too, kinda 50/50... so yeah you'll definitely get more than a few days. plus theres quite a lot of places under cover to skate that stay dry (southbank being the obvious one). i skate like 3-4 times a week probs. if u PM me nearer the time i'll list spots n shops etc but i cba right now, lots of fun stuff though, but pretty sketchy too

Blanco

• Rep: 2
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2012, 12:01:24 PM »
Islington has skateparks in Camden and Finsbury Park. There is a skate shop in Camden too called Three Amigos.

Grubby Mits

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2012, 01:48:09 PM »
yeah man islingtons a pretty nice area to live and pretty convenient to get around from, got a tube and an overground station 10 minutes apart

cringe.

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2013, 07:58:11 PM »
hey Colin i tried to reply to the PM u sent me but its sent to a different user also called colin... so i dont think i'm gna be able to message you.

if you see this email me on [email protected] and we can talk through that or something

Jive Turkey

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 93
« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2013, 10:39:38 PM »

Grubby Mits

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2013, 10:28:21 AM »
Colin check out cantelowes skatepark, shouldn't be far from you. Pretty weird layout but you get used to it and it's lit

eranka

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2013, 01:36:40 PM »
I just left london a few days ago and wanted to stop by here and say thank you for all your help!
skating london was great, fell in love with southbanks and the city is just sick.
thanks!

Colin

• Rep: -1
« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2013, 12:30:42 PM »
Quick question... went to skate southbank yesterday (friday), and it was awesome. not too crowded, and everyone there actually skated. Went today (saturday) and it was filled with kids fucking around, spray painting, smoking weed, and getting in the way.

Is it like that always on the weekend? or was this maybe just a one off situation. It's like a 30 minute skate there for me, and I'd rather go somewhere else on the weekend if that's the case.

eranka

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #14 on: January 26, 2013, 04:07:11 PM »
i know what you mean about saturdays here, usually all the little kids go at around 5-6 and the skaters start to come.. atleast thats what i noticed.
the spot and the locals there are rad, had a good time there