Author Topic: Supreme - "Candyland"  (Read 57018 times)

Snow in Florida

Re: upcoming Supreme video
« Reply #30 on: October 19, 2019, 09:19:22 PM »
The skating will be really fucking good but everyone on here will shit on it because Ben K bad and Fat Bill is pedo etc

Cosme

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 507
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #31 on: October 20, 2019, 07:05:57 AM »
Expand Quote
my partner was born, raised around skaters in SF and has never heard anyone refer to embarcadero as "EMB" what's with that
[close]

Justin Herman Plaza forever.

Embarcadero is the name of the area
EMB was the name of the crew (Embarko's Most Blunted)

Swithflip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -748
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #32 on: October 20, 2019, 09:24:06 AM »
Every supreme video is weak and boring,  but slap hype makes it cool.

Louie showed to all which I aways thought about supreme/FA...only Hype.

Dwyck

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 150
  • Harley-Davidson Ironwing
« Reply #33 on: October 20, 2019, 09:28:33 AM »
The skating will be really fucking good but everyone on here will shit on it because Ben K bad and Fat Bill is pedo etc

"ah I hate kevin because he smokes weed a thing i didn't mind about mike plumb 5 years ago. i hate sage because he said racism was bad and that made me feel guilty. sp reminds  me of dylan but not because he's good but bc he's skinny which makes me sad. caleb board too small and he's on stussy why he film with bill!!"

that last one i do earnestly think about
Regular stance is a mental disorder defined by the DSM-5

puff daddy

• Rep: -13
  • all we do is watch mtv cribs
« Reply #34 on: October 20, 2019, 09:38:05 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

"ah I hate kevin because he smokes weed a thing i didn't mind about mike plumb 5 years ago. i hate sage because he said racism was bad and that made me feel guilty. sp reminds  me of dylan but not because he's good but bc he's skinny which makes me sad. caleb board too small and he's on stussy why he film with bill!!"

that last one i do earnestly think about

caleb isnt on stussy anymore

honey island

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 640
« Reply #35 on: October 20, 2019, 11:29:32 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Reese is out because he talked about it on the Nine Club. Rob Welsh is gonna be the manager.
[close]

He got preemptively fired for giving details on the nine club? That’s pretty harsh.
[close]

Is this true? How fucking stupid is that if so.
[close]

Yeah, this is lame.

i mean he leaked details, and a bunch of articles popped up the next day drawing attention to it, which supreme didn't want.

imagine blowing a 6 figure income because of talking to christ roberts and roger bagley

The Ghost of Lenny Kirk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -146
« Reply #36 on: October 20, 2019, 02:03:41 PM »
...rob welsh feels like a better fit, tbh. i wonder how ftc feels about this tho.

alonelikeastone

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 90
  • 608z.
    • Meh. avatar image
« Reply #37 on: October 20, 2019, 03:08:44 PM »
He is out 100%. Why I’m unsure. I do find it funny the Berrics does not this yet.

Madam, I'm Adam

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1378
« Reply #38 on: October 20, 2019, 06:04:30 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Reese is out because he talked about it on the Nine Club. Rob Welsh is gonna be the manager.
[close]

He got preemptively fired for giving details on the nine club? That’s pretty harsh.
[close]

[close]

Yeah, this is lame.
[close]

i mean he leaked details, and a bunch of articles popped up the next day drawing attention to it, which supreme didn't want.

imagine blowing a 6 figure income because of talking to christ roberts and roger bagley

Unless a non-disclosure agreement was clearly discussed with Reese, or at the very least he was sat down and told what he should and shouldn't do, and he willfully ignored the guidelines - then they went way too fucking far.

I may be mistaken, but I'm pretty sure news of the SF store was public before he had that interview as well. So in that case, why treat one of skateboarding's legends so crudely? I re-listened to it and all he said was it's opening in the fall, and it's on Market St., and he's been training at different stores. Is that worth being fired over?

And also, since Chris and Roger wait to release the interview until they verify that everything is safe to say, I don't understand how this slipped through the cracks. It's just weak b/c I respect both Reese and Supreme.

honey island

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #39 on: October 20, 2019, 06:20:47 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

Yeah, this is lame.
[close]

[close]

Unless a non-disclosure agreement was clearly discussed with Reese, or at the very least he was sat down and told what he should and shouldn't do, and he willfully ignored the guidelines - then they went way too fucking far.

I may be mistaken, but I'm pretty sure news of the SF store was public before he had that interview as well. So in that case, why treat one of skateboarding's legends so crudely? I re-listened to it and all he said was it's opening in the fall, and it's on Market St., and he's been training at different stores. Is that worth being fired over?

And also, since Chris and Roger wait to release the interview until they verify that everything is safe to say, I don't understand how this slipped through the cracks. It's just weak b/c I respect both Reese and Supreme.

well clearly he said something he shouldn't have. at that point no one from supreme had spoken about it publicly. what does being a skateboard legend have to do with it? they should give him more leeway because of what he did on a skateboard 15 years ago? i agree that it's harsh regardless, but if they have rules in place, and he broke them, well that's tough.

mattchew

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 362
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #40 on: October 20, 2019, 06:23:10 PM »
Hearty LOL at respecting Supreme, come on.
Shitting on Reese like that is par for the course.
P R E P A R E  T O  T I M E C O D E

Madam, I'm Adam

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #41 on: October 20, 2019, 06:33:11 PM »
Supreme's got deep roots in skating, that's why I respect them. They collaborate with artists as well. They donate to charity. There's reasons.

they should give him more leeway because of what he did on a skateboard 15 years ago?

It's because of pros like Reese that skateboarding retained its stylish core, and yeah, skateboarding maintains values of respect and paying dues and not being fake, so I'd assume that Reese would command some respect. But we do agree that if he willfully broke the rules, then that's the unfortunate consequence. I have no idea what kind of problems simply saying "store coming in fall" could create, though. Unless you can tell me (us).

ice nine

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -308
« Reply #42 on: October 20, 2019, 06:40:19 PM »
Expand Quote

wonder if he will push the company into a fisherman direction like he did with expedition one?
I;m sure i;m not the only dc/monster/subaru type guy here

radcunt

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 503
    • FARTPISS DOGCUM avatar image
« Reply #43 on: October 20, 2019, 07:41:25 PM »
Billys golden ticket

NoComply180

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -458
  • Objectivity police
« Reply #44 on: October 20, 2019, 08:10:20 PM »
Can’t wait for 3 minutes of actual skating stretched into 12 thanks to shit slowmo, zoom ins, and art garbage. Surely lots of it will be actual tricks too and not just random hill bombs/generic city footage

Him ah fall off building an bumboclot him legs

DannyDee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 247
« Reply #45 on: October 20, 2019, 08:36:57 PM »
Supreme's got deep roots in skating, that's why I respect them. They collaborate with artists as well. They donate to charity. There's reasons.

Expand Quote
they should give him more leeway because of what he did on a skateboard 15 years ago?
[close]

It's because of pros like Reese that skateboarding retained its stylish core, and yeah, skateboarding maintains values of respect and paying dues and not being fake, so I'd assume that Reese would command some respect. But we do agree that if he willfully broke the rules, then that's the unfortunate consequence. I have no idea what kind of problems simply saying "store coming in fall" could create, though. Unless you can tell me (us).

Do you seriously think a company that is owned by one of the world's largest private equity firms gives a shit about who Reese Forbes is and how great his EE3 part is? Sucks for Reese, but Supreme is a valued asset, and they obviously want to be careful about how they roll out the info. They don't want the info coming from a store manager and priorly great skater leaking it on some minor podcast. Any sort of expansion of a brand that valued I'm sure the investors want rolled out in a very careful manner, as to one, not damage the brand by making it look like its rapidly expanding, and two, so there isn't miscommunication.

Either way, the roll out of something like this when you have backers like Supreme does is going to be extremely corporate, and two, I hope Reese lands on his feet.

shannamal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 353
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #46 on: October 20, 2019, 09:02:23 PM »
okay,

a) an NDA is almost NEVER enforceable in california. as a whole, an NDA is strict. they're parameters to what secrets you can and can't discuss regarding a business' inneer workings. an NDA is NOT just "we're looking to open a store in SF so you can't talk about that". they would have had to prove that by disclosing that information he jeopardized something.

b) what would there be an NDA about? that they're opening a store? that's not how that works. they submitted plans for approval so long ago. it's also not a secret, just like the fact that thrasher was opening a shop in SF wasn't a secret.

c) reese forbes denim dunks are very high on my shoe want list so he's good in my eyes.

i don’t think any of you are real, i think slap was invented by my mom to make me think people want to talk to me

Madam, I'm Adam

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #47 on: October 20, 2019, 09:10:15 PM »
I’m just saying that if he wasn’t aware of the boundaries, then they shouldn’t have just dumped him because he’s a well-respected legend, and everyone makes mistakes. I wish his situation would’ve been handled differently, and also that the OGs involved like Javier stuck up for him.
I’m not looking for arguments, my life is really shitty right now and the last thing I need is reprimanding on this website I love so dearly.

shannamal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 353
« Reply #48 on: October 20, 2019, 09:39:00 PM »
I’m just saying that if he wasn’t aware of the boundaries, then they shouldn’t have just dumped him because he’s a well-respected legend, and everyone makes mistakes. I wish his situation would’ve been handled differently, and also that the OGs involved like Javier stuck up for him.
I’m not looking for arguments, my life is really shitty right now and the last thing I need is reprimanding on this website I love so dearly.

for what it's worth, i agree with you. based on the 17 seconds of reading i've done in this thread, reese deserves better

i don’t think any of you are real, i think slap was invented by my mom to make me think people want to talk to me

HyenaChaser

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 226
« Reply #49 on: October 20, 2019, 10:46:07 PM »
Seems like Reese Forbes talking about a Supreme store would’ve been good for business. Then again, they’re probably not hurting for customers.
You know I thought these forums were a for skating not discussing fetishes

n0torious

• Rep: 153
« Reply #50 on: October 20, 2019, 11:02:39 PM »

DannyDee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 247
« Reply #51 on: October 21, 2019, 12:31:04 AM »
Seems like Reese Forbes talking about a Supreme store would’ve been good for business. Then again, they’re probably not hurting for customers.
Unlike most brands in the skateboarding realm, Supreme drives a significant portion of its appeal to customers due to exclusivity. So, I would think that while new investors want to rapidly expand, they know they have to do it very slowly and not make it blatantly obvious. If Supreme were to be come viewed as common or easily accessable the brand would be damaged. This is a fair bit different than most skateboarding hardgoods models, and while its common with limited edition SB releases and color-ways, almost all base models of shoes are easily accessible.

KoRnholio8

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1498
  • SkateMagArchive
    • SkateMagArchive avatar image
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #52 on: October 21, 2019, 02:23:50 AM »
so who's the furry? my money's on ben k

swordtechnique

• Rep: -56
« Reply #53 on: October 21, 2019, 04:59:45 AM »
Can't stand bill's filming

froufroufox

• Rep: 31
« Reply #54 on: October 21, 2019, 12:06:05 PM »
Nik Stain will go really fast and do a kickflip manual and then the camera will zoom into somebody's shocked face.

Madam, I'm Adam

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #55 on: October 21, 2019, 12:38:20 PM »
FWIW I asked Bill about the Reese situation and he said it’s not true, which was cool of him. I’ll go with his response. I’d rather not dwell too much more on the subject.

honey island

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #56 on: October 21, 2019, 12:47:18 PM »
Nik Stain will go really fast and do a kickflip on flat and then a manual on a sidewalk and then the camera will zoom in on nik's shocked face.

SIMPLY

• Rep: 32
« Reply #57 on: October 22, 2019, 11:16:09 AM »
Reese didn't get fired and the video is premiering tonight in SF

Manolo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 467

CBP

• Trade Count: (+2)