Author Topic: Supreme - "Candyland"  (Read 57025 times)

GardenSkater77

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1071
Re: Supreme - "Candyland"
« Reply #270 on: October 25, 2019, 08:23:40 AM »
I read something where Bill said he was trying to bring back the feel of mid 90s skateboarding.

I’m not getting that feeling.

I think that this is all an elaborate troll at this point.

The skating is so entertaining though that I will rewatch a few more times and there is the NADC rub.

« Last Edit: October 25, 2019, 08:26:17 AM by GardenSkater77 »

S.

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 70
    • Fotos avatar image
« Reply #271 on: October 25, 2019, 09:05:22 AM »
-fat bill and dill are peter pans. Can't relate to adults their own age so they just hang out with children.
-the filming was lazy and sold as artistic.
-supreme is a corporate brad disguised as a core brand. If these kids weren't getting hooked up, none of them could afford this shit, even the guys getting paid.
-tyshawn is good, really good, not great. (hot take)
-you will never see an actual skateboarder wearing supreme, only mall kids or their team riders.
-supreme team is like a costume party
I don't want a bunch of generic looking skateboarders, but these guys look like try hards.

I agree with you, but Tyshawn is great! I wish he filmed more with other filmers.
I felt that the vibe of the video was a little better than the vibe of the last video. Blessed: We are cooler than you and you may only join the party if you buy all our shit. (Even then you will never be as cool as we are). Candyland: We are all very cool and you weirdo might also be cool, even though the shit we do is still way cooler than everything you do.

conqueso

« Reply #272 on: October 25, 2019, 09:08:51 AM »
its the most successful association scheme of our time

switch inward flip was fire tho

Rockin Robbin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 427
« Reply #273 on: October 25, 2019, 09:17:05 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Lol at this cut

[close]

ha, good eyes
[close]
Hilarious. There’s always a ton of these in his videos and it’s funny to see the types of things he thinks are worth it to include with roll up cuts like a random girl walking by or something. He always tries to sync them up and they’re always easy to notice haha.
Regardless, this video was so rad.
[close]

Yeah rad video but there were so many of these shitty cuts throughout the video. Such a sloppy and uninspired way to edit the footage

At least hide the cut behind the tree. You know, like any other editor would've done.
"Bake me a pie of love" - Steve Winwood

baggy spandex

« Reply #274 on: October 25, 2019, 10:27:40 AM »
Fellas, fellas: Candyland

Good catch.

I've watched the last ollie to hill bomb at .25 speed repeatedly for the last 30 minutes. Dude had about 5 opportunities where he could've been straight annihilated.

That lady’s shopping cart getting stuck that he has to dodge immediately followed by the dude charging him at the crosswalk? Crazy.

Little Debbie

« Reply #275 on: October 25, 2019, 10:47:21 AM »
Bill should tell Johnny to get the full frame angle while he gets the zoomed in. even Johnny has to be cringing at some of these clips.

video definitely felt like a strange montage, colors are even more fucked up and harsh (shows how good of a job the colorist for Blessed did)

versacekid420

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1260
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #276 on: October 25, 2019, 10:59:28 AM »
Slo mo bails and easy drop down mannys were so weak. Gx crew saved the video from being a complete waste and even that’s questionable.
so you could switch Ollie up and over that rail to fakie manual and drop down 3 times? Ok lol

HyenaChaser

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 226
« Reply #277 on: October 25, 2019, 11:01:45 AM »
Was I not supposed to like that?
You know I thought these forums were a for skating not discussing fetishes

VHS ERA

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 211
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #278 on: October 25, 2019, 11:11:44 AM »
Damn didn’t know TJ had a sw inward heel like that.

Better filming would have shown how much extra distance he cleared the set by. Definitely could have cleared a handful more steps.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2019, 11:40:36 AM by VHS ERA »

Pappy Jones

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 155
« Reply #279 on: October 25, 2019, 11:29:56 AM »
what was with the trans stuff in the video?
As far as I saw there was only one trans skater with one clip in the whole video. As for the couple on the street, that’s just how the world be. Especially when you’re in bigger cities where people feel more comfortable being open.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2019, 11:56:51 AM by Pappy Jones »

cricketclub

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 511
« Reply #280 on: October 25, 2019, 12:08:43 PM »
Damn good video. I'm not gonna act like I didn't talk shit on the filming while I watched it but hey, it's Bill's style now and the skating was amazing. 

Attention filmers: please don't try to film like this.
Handsome debonair fella, Got the Mellow Yellow bezel, Black rims on the Phantom same color Dr. Pepper.

curbslayer

• Rep: 9
  • How dose the board stick to their feet ?
« Reply #281 on: October 25, 2019, 12:10:40 PM »
wish there would have been a few more zooms. like closer like real close so i could see the laces on the shoes better. that is what matters to me.

VHS ERA

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #282 on: October 25, 2019, 12:17:49 PM »
Tyshawn needs to tell bill he’s not doing anymore street gaps unless he pulls that zoom back.

Francis Xavier

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2251
« Reply #283 on: October 25, 2019, 12:31:22 PM »
There was great skating in this,I think...Bill's filming takes a couple rewatches to actually see whats going on for me. Kader rules though!

Damn I left my bubbler at my parents house

VHS ERA

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #284 on: October 25, 2019, 12:36:07 PM »
I don’t usually care about anything the ginger kid does but that half cab manual shit was pretty wavy

pbj

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 24
« Reply #285 on: October 25, 2019, 01:02:56 PM »
really enjoyed this a lot more upon my second watch..

Kader sure fits into the crew perfectly. with TJ all grown up and with a SOTY under his belt now, they really needed some new blood to evolve that youthful/search for identity motif they've been running since Cherry

Aidan keeps getting better and better, and a number of Kadow clips were hilarious in this given his *ahem* unique approach.

agree with whoever mentioned Warhol too, i can see a clear Warhol influence on this.

Supreme's output (at least during this decade) has had a lot to do with street culture (so I think all of the shots of the homeless and characters in SF are a given, esp given the new store) and identity, so I was excited to see this video a bit more representative of that, considering how much skateboarding has and is changing. it was great to see Beatrice and Elissa in this, and i'd like to see some more female skaters on their team in the future. given Strobeck's last insta post, i think Cher Strauberry's tricks were really memorable for me and something that I think will be remembered more vividly when looking back on this video.

versacekid420

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1260
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #286 on: October 25, 2019, 01:03:00 PM »
I’ve made a few comments about this and again I completely agree with the filming but just remember this thread from the Pussy Gangster video when all you guys are talking shit about this crew. https://www.slapmagazine.com/index.php?topic=90092.30

stephop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -388
« Reply #287 on: October 25, 2019, 01:23:11 PM »
Worse trying to actually make shit look good filming ever.. Why not film normal then just scale off the top or bottom of the person after  ::)

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 256
« Reply #288 on: October 25, 2019, 01:49:55 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Was that nik stain who hit that lady in the crosswalk and then just laughed? pretty fucked. Kader is sick but this crew is so whack haha.
[close]

Laughed? He was like "oh my god i'm sorry" and then proceeded to like get pissed off at himself from what I remember
[close]
Nah he clearly laughed and didn't apologize. I hate that shit.
[close]

Uh rewatch then, he was clearly bummed on his actions
[close]

Have you ever seen anyone laugh before ?

Jeez

His facial expression is devoid of any sort of jubilation. He’s  CLEARLY bummed on what he just did.

You’re seriously trying to make a big deal out of thin air.

Watching it after reading this debate...didn’t seem as rough on the pedestrian as I was anticipating and Nik’d reaction seemed like he was feeling the slam before anything else

Sarcasm

• Rep: -9
« Reply #289 on: October 25, 2019, 02:01:12 PM »
I watched it for two minutes then got pissed off cause the filming gave me a headache.

friendly dave

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 738
  • grinding to a halt
    • grindingtoahalt avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #290 on: October 25, 2019, 02:10:27 PM »
Can somebody post a gif, or give me the timestamp of TJ's switch inward heel? I watched the video at work yesterday, and must have missed it, and I don't want to sit through the whole thing again to catch one trick.
Because you can't kill and idea, and we will not be ruled!

the visuals are also mad visual yo
FTW

Rockin Robbin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 427
« Reply #291 on: October 25, 2019, 02:42:04 PM »
Can somebody post a gif, or give me the timestamp of TJ's switch inward heel? I watched the video at work yesterday, and must have missed it, and I don't want to sit through the whole thing again to catch one trick.

It's right there. Look. Just there. Like, right there.

You'll see it.
"Bake me a pie of love" - Steve Winwood

ShyLow

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 57
« Reply #292 on: October 25, 2019, 02:47:38 PM »
Can someone do a re-edit of just the skateboarding like they did with Blessed?

meadowsoprano

• Rep: -4
« Reply #293 on: October 25, 2019, 02:56:34 PM »

honey island

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 640
« Reply #294 on: October 25, 2019, 02:57:54 PM »
Anyone know the model of this camera?

https://imgshare.io/image/5feed86f-8728-420b-975a-225da177f9e9.vgd28

panasonic hpx170.

the zoom button is right on top where you slide your right hand in, so it's almost impossible not to use the zoom. unless your don luong, whose zoom is either broken or he gets zapped every time he goes to use it.

« Last Edit: October 25, 2019, 02:59:59 PM by honey island »

ShyLow

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 57
« Reply #295 on: October 25, 2019, 03:41:31 PM »

I would have no idea what this spot/ trick was like without the 2nd angle

coyote2425

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 128
« Reply #296 on: October 25, 2019, 03:51:09 PM »
Same filming comments, especially on TJ's street gap. No perspective, no context. Waste. And some of the "portraits," give me a fuckin' break. Reminds me of dude in "American Beauty" filming the plastic bag.

That said, sick skating. Def feels like the Kader SOTY push is upon us.

slipped_disc

• Rep: 0
« Reply #297 on: October 25, 2019, 04:21:07 PM »
Those little shits are breathing new life into EMB. And it's also cool to see the current generation be so inclusive considering EMB was previously, you know, the dickhead capital of the world.

Hot take: the "beauty in an ugly world" vibe was perfect for SF. The city is a full-on, post-apocalyptic Disneyland, yet it's still beautiful in a manic kinda way.

ohtight

• Rep: 21
« Reply #298 on: October 25, 2019, 04:27:01 PM »
Was legit loling the entire aiden/benk part, especially with the ben k board throw/mall grab run up and aiden getting sprayed in the face in slow mo.

Skating was mostly good. Sean green is fucking nuts.
zzz

Nth syd bear

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 304
« Reply #299 on: October 25, 2019, 05:43:29 PM »
Pre-teen me would loved this shit just like I did Love Child..

But I’m 38 & you grow up and so you should Bill and Dill you fucking weirdos

P.s. I love any EMB footage so hey thanks..