Author Topic: Supreme - "Candyland"  (Read 57021 times)

os89

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1182
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Re: Supreme - "Candyland"
« Reply #330 on: October 26, 2019, 05:17:54 AM »
Sorry for interjecting one more criticism about the filming, but after getting my Thrasher in the mail today and seeing this photo, I got even more mad at Bill's filming. Think how epic of a shot it would be zoomed out at first showing all these bystanders watching with the security guard giving him one last try. Instead he does his same old shitty filming and doesn't capture the bigger picture. Whatever, rad trick from Kader with so much pressure and short ride up.

Seriously god damn. The photo even would look better without his dumbass in it.

DarthDingusMaximus

« Reply #331 on: October 26, 2019, 05:47:17 AM »
I tried to like the Supreme videos out of sheer curiosity but I have a lot of the same complaints as you guys do, zoomed unnecessary shots of randoms faces and crowd reactions and minor quibbles to boot.

I get Bill's Harmony Korine type of Kid's vibe in his videos and to me it seems very played out. a good example of well filmed and superior filming is Pyramid Country videos clip after clip of rad skating yeah maybe some fruity visuals of random nonskating stuff but it fits with the brands aesthetic, Raw skating and back to back skating not a circle jerk of cheers afterwards hugging.

Bill's technique of catching that NYC street over the shoulder camcorder vibe is only tasteful with a rough intro such as Zero videos or something that's blurry and cleaned up when someone skates, and for fucks sake STOP FILMING OTHERS FACES!!!!! & FEET you are a goddamned creep!!!

radcunt

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 503
    • FARTPISS DOGCUM avatar image
« Reply #332 on: October 26, 2019, 05:52:55 AM »
This cunt needs to stop thinking he’s making Kids 2 and just get good shots.

arrbee

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 438
« Reply #333 on: October 26, 2019, 06:14:04 AM »
Sometimes I feel like Bill bought a camera and couldn't afford the lens so he just tries to convince the squad long lens is better. Then forgets he doesn't have a lens and stands in the spot you should film fisheye from. Then tells everyone "No lets not check it out right now, we can check the clips later at the hotel" and then never shows them the clips later.
Quote from: DaveFuck
youre fucking FRIED if you think im gonna listen to dan corrigan talk about cariuma

know_your_role

• Rep: 10
« Reply #334 on: October 26, 2019, 06:33:09 AM »
agreed he kooked the shot, but the claustrophobia from the zoomed in shot of kader battling the rail was so fucking good. a shame the spaz forgot to zoom out!

VHS ERA

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 211
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #335 on: October 26, 2019, 07:00:58 AM »
agreed he kooked the shot, but the claustrophobia from the zoomed in shot of kader battling the rail was so fucking good. a shame the spaz forgot to zoom out!

True, when I watched it Kaders boardslide was not one of the shots I was mad at, but seeing that photo now we legit had no idea how big that rail was.

moneen

• Rep: -41
« Reply #336 on: October 26, 2019, 07:36:38 AM »
the mall grab run up was fucking sick

DGKALIS

• Rep: 533
« Reply #337 on: October 26, 2019, 07:51:22 AM »
I love it. I Love Bill's filming. Love the video's.
I remember him filming some random stuff back at Love. All long lens zoomed lines. Nothing for video parts, just some cool stuff. He used to have short edits with some of that stuff in there.
Its totally different from everything else that comes out.
I like seeing the expressions.... the foot set ups, all that. There is a lot i like about it.

waltercronkite

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 179
« Reply #338 on: October 26, 2019, 07:59:08 AM »
I remember him filming some random stuff back at Love. All long lens zoomed lines. Nothing for video parts, just some cool stuff. He used to have short edits with some of that stuff in there.
I like seeing the expressions.... the foot set ups, all that. There is a lot i like about it.

Ya would you like gino’s yeah right filmed like that or is a filmer’s style becoming more important than the skaters?

stephop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -388
« Reply #339 on: October 26, 2019, 07:59:27 AM »
Expand Quote
Sorry for interjecting one more criticism about the filming, but after getting my Thrasher in the mail today and seeing this photo, I got even more mad at Bill's filming. Think how epic of a shot it would be zoomed out at first showing all these bystanders watching with the security guard giving him one last try. Instead he does his same old shitty filming and doesn't capture the bigger picture. Whatever, rad trick from Kader with so much pressure and short ride up.

[close]

Seriously god damn. The photo even would look better without his dumbass in it.

Shit is an embarrassment. Tayshawn's inward heel is incredible..also filmed like total shit..

Nicki

« Reply #340 on: October 26, 2019, 07:59:41 AM »
Supreme x Derelicte.

So hot right now.

radcunt

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 503
    • FARTPISS DOGCUM avatar image
« Reply #341 on: October 26, 2019, 08:26:35 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

True, when I watched it Kaders boardslide was not one of the shots I was mad at, but seeing that photo now we legit had no idea how big that rail was.

In the vid it really stood out as why they were making a big deal out of a pretty stock rail.

Then I saw the thrasher shot.

FROTHY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 373
« Reply #342 on: October 26, 2019, 08:52:32 AM »

DGKALIS

« Reply #343 on: October 26, 2019, 08:54:15 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Ya would you like gino’s yeah right filmed like that or is a filmer’s style becoming more important than the skaters?

Why compare? Gino's part was dope. If it was filmed and presented in Bill's style.. it could have been equally as dope. I don't know... Gino is so ill, however his skating is presented is going to be fire imho.

MexicanSpaniard

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 694
  • S&H
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #344 on: October 26, 2019, 09:06:50 AM »
I assume everyone in this has kyle walker torey pudwill whirly bird arms and nobody wants to see that, I understand the zoom ins now

VHS ERA

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 211
« Reply #345 on: October 26, 2019, 10:01:32 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

In the vid it really stood out as why they were making a big deal out of a pretty stock rail.

I hope Beagle was hiding in the bushes and puts a better angle in Baker 4

cheetahsheets

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -581
« Reply #346 on: October 26, 2019, 10:03:17 AM »
Fucking loved it. I love Bill’s style personally 99% of the time. It has this like basketball mixtape/rap mixtape kind of feel to it, idk how to describe it, but it’s like a mixtape for skating, that’s how I think of Bill’s style. Sometimes it works great, sometimes it’s not the best way to film a trick, but he’s gotta have some kind of cohesion or else what’s the first thing u slaptards will say, omg why did they blend two different camera styles in one video, it’s giving me a headache stop. Like at the end of the day he’s got a style and y’all all know u would rather have a full length be a cohesive style so quit playing. The only trick that I legit think was butchered by his style was the Kader boardslide, I actually LOVED bills approach to the GX guys. They all looked really good with his filming.

Also want to say, all the non GX supreme dudes fucking brought it. Every SP, TJ, Aiden, Ben, etc. clip were fucking fire.

Big Cat Clan ain’t nothin to fuck with

“Big Money
Big Cars
We living like Superstars”
TK 3:16

BacksideWallride

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -30
« Reply #347 on: October 26, 2019, 10:09:51 AM »

Dammit there goes my attempt to reach out to Fat Bill's friends to stage an intervention for his addiction to the zoom button. Kalis you're an enabler!

BacksideWallride

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -30
« Reply #348 on: October 26, 2019, 10:13:44 AM »
And holy fuck that photo! Why would you cut the crowd out? Crowds forming around a battle are so interesting to see their reactions. It should have been filmed like this:

waltercronkite

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 179
« Reply #349 on: October 26, 2019, 10:56:16 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Why compare? Gino's part was dope. If it was filmed and presented in Bill's style.. it could have been equally as dope. I don't know... Gino is so ill, however his skating is presented is going to be fire imho.

I compare because Gino had a style so good that it wouldn’t translate if you only filmed his feet and because of it skateboarding would be missing out on a treasure. Fat bill films some very stylish kids and he’s taking their style out of the equation by filming only faces and feet.

Tyroneshoelaces

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -601
  • who knows
« Reply #350 on: October 26, 2019, 10:57:56 AM »
My first time not agreeing with the GOAT DGKalis.  We wouldnt even have any idea Gino has such an ill style and "a certain lean" if he was filmed like this.

Fuck Bill
where is home?

dooley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 39
« Reply #351 on: October 26, 2019, 11:41:31 AM »
His style of filming is simply bad, but he's delusional and thinks it's groundbreaking/artistic. When he hears this, it only throws more fat on the Fat Bill fire, though.

Whatever, free video and I ain't ever buying their dumb shit. The GX dudes made it better. Bill is a creep.

Sick Duck

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 94
« Reply #352 on: October 26, 2019, 11:45:45 AM »
Really hard to watch. A tragic

dooley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 39
« Reply #353 on: October 26, 2019, 11:53:22 AM »
-fat bill and dill are peter pans. Can't relate to adults their own age so they just hang out with children.
-the filming was lazy and sold as artistic.
-supreme is a corporate brad disguised as a core brand. If these kids weren't getting hooked up, none of them could afford this shit, even the guys getting paid.
-tyshawn is good, really good, not great. (hot take)
-you will never see an actual skateboarder wearing supreme, only mall kids or their team riders.
-supreme team is like a costume party
I don't want a bunch of generic looking skateboarders, but these guys look like try hards.
This. Heavy notes.

jstankalwara

• Rep: -13
« Reply #354 on: October 26, 2019, 11:55:33 AM »
Just wanna say dgkalis has one of the best nollie front 180s in the game

silvertone_spacemachine

• Rep: 63
« Reply #355 on: October 26, 2019, 12:16:49 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

I hope Beagle was hiding in the bushes and puts a better angle in Baker 4

ihatejulio

• Mods
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1124
« Reply #356 on: October 26, 2019, 12:28:43 PM »

ShyLow

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 57
« Reply #357 on: October 26, 2019, 12:33:48 PM »

Brief aside to say how fucking sick this board graphic is at 23:35

DGKALIS

« Reply #358 on: October 26, 2019, 12:58:29 PM »
My first time not agreeing with the GOAT DGKalis.  We wouldnt even have any idea Gino has such an ill style and "a certain lean" if he was filmed like this.

Fuck Bill

that lean though.... damn.

cheetahsheets

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -581
« Reply #359 on: October 26, 2019, 01:21:55 PM »
And holy fuck that photo! Why would you cut the crowd out? Crowds forming around a battle are so interesting to see their reactions. It should have been filmed like this:

When I was thinking about how this should have been filmed, this is exactly what I had in mind after seeing the photo. The cover shot to that thrasher and the photo of kader boardsliding that rail are eerily similar.

Big Cat Clan ain’t nothin to fuck with

“Big Money
Big Cars
We living like Superstars”
TK 3:16