Author Topic: NFG Bushings  (Read 4196 times)

LebowskisRug

Re: NFG Bushings
« Reply #60 on: May 31, 2022, 03:41:17 PM »
So a big swing and a miss- bubbles, don't get to pick your colors, and they don't actually turn as the durometer indicates. Sounds like the only bushings more disappointing than Doh-Doh's or Indy reds.

iw0

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 504
« Reply #61 on: May 31, 2022, 05:09:17 PM »
I’ve been testing them out in the makeshift Indy Lows I have on my junk board (mid hangers on forged plates).

I have the 95A barrel on the board side and the shortest 95A cone on the road side. They really are strangely loose for 95A, but when I tried the next tallest cone, they were too tight. In a low truck, I honestly don’t mind them. They have a very smooth feel, no squeaking or friction on the turn, and they definitely give you more turn than your typical low truck. Pivots are nice as well.

I don’t think I’ll try them on a high-high truck because I know I’ll hate it, but I may give these a run on my Venture 5.6s someday. I like a little extra range of motion on those.

Really wish they just stuck to the natural colored urethane, though. I like the “homemade in a garage” aesthetic, but I’m not crazy about the totally random colors.

i've had 95's in some 5.6's since they went up on the site and like them, especially compared to stock. i could see them being crazy in thunders like @Xen has experienced, so they are definitely not for everyone/every truck in their current state but that's ok. in ventures though, i've have found them to be as you said - smooth.

i had one session where i had them not return to center a few times also like xen mentioned, but that stopped after that and it's been normal since. significant improvement over stock without having to change anything else - so no flat washer or other tricks. stable when setting up, which if they weren't i'd drop them immediately.

honestly i think @Mbrimson88 has it right.

I feel like a lot of new first use bushings are almost unbearably soft with no give whatsoever, but after a few very gentle sessions around a park, carpark or on my ramp at home, they firm up significantly.

Whether or not this would also be the case for these bushings is something that people would need to test out but as said, give them a few sessions to really see if they work or they stay soft and squishy.

So a big swing and a miss- bubbles, don't get to pick your colors, and they don't actually turn as the durometer indicates. Sounds like the only bushings more disappointing than Doh-Doh's or Indy reds.

commmmme onnnnn bro, you need to chill lol. they definitely aren't anything game changing, but i do like them. personally i wouldn't say it doesn't turn as the duro indicates. for comparison,  the 95a nfg do not feel the same as 94a supercush and it's not just the 1a duro difference since 94 felt harder off the bat.

easy way to say it is that the supercush like i cranked my kp nut down real tight vs the nfg feel like a 'stock with more resistance' when leaning heel/toe

i'm curious to see how the product develops, since they seem to be going at the rollerskate demographic really hard, which is also why i think there's so little info posted about them and why they are so mix & match at the moment.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2022, 05:16:34 PM by iw0 »

Ol Nick

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 101
« Reply #62 on: June 15, 2022, 10:09:54 AM »
Wanted to update that the 90 bottom / 95 top combo I have in a set of Thunders has firmed up significantly over a couple weeks mainly just sitting in the trucks; I’ve ridden them maybe twice before last night cause of how loose they felt but I’m glad I took em out for a spin.
Feeling much closer to stock now and totally rideable. All it would take for a bushing to make me happy on Thunders is to feel close to stock but not blow out quite so fast so we’ll see how it goes.
I only skate prime numbers, so it's either 53s or 59s, feast or famine

Xen

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1010
  • too easy, we know your new handle...stop following
« Reply #63 on: June 15, 2022, 10:26:48 AM »
I've tried them again a couple of time, still to mush for me :\ However, I am still using the top bushing because it's a low.