Author Topic: Post UPCOMING/RECENT shoe releases thread  (Read 8709783 times)

douchenozzle and 4 Guests are viewing this topic.

oyolar

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 385
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Post UPCOMING/RECENT shoe releases thread
« Reply #46770 on: October 26, 2022, 10:02:28 PM »
I am. I’m a big Emerica fan in that the shoes I like, I really like and I’ve been able to find at least one model for the past few years I’m stoked on.

eSK3

« Reply #46771 on: October 27, 2022, 04:12:57 AM »
who the fuck is rooting for Sole Tech in 2022

At this point I’ve given up.

kneebone

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 355
« Reply #46772 on: October 27, 2022, 04:50:35 AM »
I think SoleTech jacks up the prices on their website because they realize that no one should/would pay the full retail price. All the SoleTech sites bombard you with you a 20% discount code when you visit, and subsequent purchases are 15% off.
$124 becomes $99, which is more appropriate for that shoe. I’d be interested to see what they retail for at CCS or the big Z

IpathCats

« Reply #46773 on: October 27, 2022, 05:18:14 AM »
Expand Quote
https://etnies.com/collections/mens-shoes/products/estrella-red-white-4102000147-616

How the hell did this shoe make it to market?  It looks like a bargain-bin Fila shoe you’d find on sale for $19.99 at TJ Maxx (except you’re paying $123.99 for it).  I’d love to see Sole Tech prosper but I don’t understand who the market is for the majority of their shoes…
[close]

“We have Supra Ellingtons at home”

gnar'd lol perfect

the video of shecks explaining this shoe popped up on my youtube and I watched it. at one point he explains the functionality of the mandala on the tread and I let out an audible groan. Was so fucking cringe.

He swears this shoe is made to be extremely durable, but I doubt it with sole techs recent level of quality. Their shoes are overpriced and made like shit.

I would love to see $100-$120 purposed built, long lasting skate shoes.

I'm not holding my breath for sole tech to show me them though.

edit: @5:50

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 135
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #46774 on: October 27, 2022, 05:37:31 AM »
I am. I’m a big Emerica fan in that the shoes I like, I really like and I’ve been able to find at least one model for the past few years I’m stoked on.
this! if you haven’t skated spanly g6s, you’re missing out! Also the eS swift 1.5 outsole is a really good cup and anyone who has skated Michelin joslins will vouch for them

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

Shuh

• Rep: 4
« Reply #46775 on: October 27, 2022, 06:54:58 AM »
who the fuck is rooting for Sole Tech in 2022

Me i guess im planing to get Etnies Crank for my motorcycle riding and i still mess with Emericas

MikeX

• Rep: 8
« Reply #46776 on: October 27, 2022, 07:28:21 AM »
Agreed, Emerica makes solid shoes

Curbyourenthusiasm

• Rep: 17
« Reply #46777 on: October 27, 2022, 07:45:06 AM »

Pretty good still pic of Alexis' pro shoe in the second slide here.

LebowskisRug

« Reply #46778 on: October 27, 2022, 07:47:10 AM »
I disagree- the Slip Cups were horrible. Upper wasn't very tight around the heel ankle and they looked rather potato shape. Was really disappointed in the fit and I've had Winos before too. The forefoot and padding seemed to follow the older shoe designs of just putting lots of dense foam in the midsole, which seems pretty far behind how many companies build cup midsoles now.

On the other hand I see a decent amount of Etnies in the wild and people have nothing but good things to say.

Let's not forget DC as well. They dropped Wes' shoe which sold well and looked normal. Their cups are oddly bulky and cheap looking, but at least aren't insanely expensive. The Metric looks like an Axion knock-off and I met a dude yesterday who was skating them and said the durability has been terrible.

Royce Lopez

• Rep: 8
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #46779 on: October 27, 2022, 09:36:52 AM »

They look a bit like weapons,I’m down

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 385
« Reply #46780 on: October 27, 2022, 02:02:05 PM »
I disagree- the Slip Cups were horrible. Upper wasn't very tight around the heel ankle and they looked rather potato shape. Was really disappointed in the fit and I've had Winos before too. The forefoot and padding seemed to follow the older shoe designs of just putting lots of dense foam in the midsole, which seems pretty far behind how many companies build cup midsoles now.

On the other hand I see a decent amount of Etnies in the wild and people have nothing but good things to say.

Let's not forget DC as well. They dropped Wes' shoe which sold well and looked normal. Their cups are oddly bulky and cheap looking, but at least aren't insanely expensive. The Metric looks like an Axion knock-off and I met a dude yesterday who was skating them and said the durability has been terrible.

Crazy. I love my slip cups

DarkPools

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 478
« Reply #46781 on: October 27, 2022, 02:41:42 PM »
I am regularly confused by people claiming sole tech makes shit quality shoes in 2022. Objectively speaking, they're near the top of the list for durability and performance.

Any cupsole with Michelin or G6 foam are some of the best shoes made.  They're far better than many models the big corporations spit out. NB#  contends with them, however.

Spanky G6, Wino Slip Cup G6, Gamma G6, KSL G6, Reynolds G6, Marana, Joslin, etc. are all quality shoes.

Es' best include Quattro, Silo SC, Accel Slim Plus, Swift 1.5.

The SC sole and the Swift outsole models are the only ones worth buying. Those are actually solid. I'm skating a pair of Silo SC right now. Great flick, durable so far, comfortable with an insole swap, and solid grip (could be a bit better)

As for pricing, it's fucked up why the jacked em up but other companies only did $5-10 increases at best. Not disagreeing there. You can complain about pricing but complaining about quality doesn't make sense since the quality is definitely there on the right models.
Super Champion Fun Zone

MOE SYZLAK

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 832
  • "I never got to taste cantaloupe"
    • Cassette Skate Shop avatar image
« Reply #46782 on: October 27, 2022, 02:51:00 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

They look a bit like weapons,I’m down
Will be copping

rosemaryBB

• Rep: 33
« Reply #46783 on: October 27, 2022, 03:06:59 PM »
a crucial factor has been missing from this soletech discourse which is that 90% of their shoes look like dogshit

chris.

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 184
« Reply #46784 on: October 27, 2022, 03:26:57 PM »
Not for nothing but my KSLs are great and the Swift 1.5 I had earlier this year were great. I also will only buy Soletech if I find em under like $40, but my experience is that they’re always solid.

I a super excited about the Alexis shoe.

DarkPools

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 478
« Reply #46785 on: October 27, 2022, 04:16:02 PM »
a crucial factor has been missing from this soletech discourse which is that 90% of their shoes look like dogshit

That is straight up not true though. You're telling me that Adidas, Cons, and Nike aren't more than 50% dogshit by comparison.

All the models I just mentioned  on the previous page are good looking models and the rest from all three brands are pretty standard/inoffensive. 30% of each brand are probably actual dogshit.

Again, hate on them for fiscal and business practice choices you don't agree with but to disagree that a majority of sole tech are visually pleasing and function well is dumb
Super Champion Fun Zone

hillbilly shifty

• Rep: 46
« Reply #46786 on: October 27, 2022, 07:10:16 PM »

FROTHY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 373
« Reply #46787 on: October 27, 2022, 08:54:28 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

That is straight up not true though. You're telling me that Adidas, Cons, and Nike aren't more than 50% dogshit by comparison.

All the models I just mentioned  on the previous page are good looking models and the rest from all three brands are pretty standard/inoffensive. 30% of each brand are probably actual dogshit.

Again, hate on them for fiscal and business practice choices you don't agree with but to disagree that a majority of sole tech are visually pleasing and function well is dumb
Honestly, etnies have been making exactly what I want in a skate shoe with their cupsoles, but I haven’t owned a single pair in my 22 years of skating because can’t get past the pacsun vibe I associate them with. Then I get a giant etnies sheckler poster in my thrasher today. Like, fuck, can you just make the tiniest effort to be appealing or tasteful?

YungJugg

• Rep: 229
« Reply #46788 on: October 27, 2022, 09:12:32 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
Honestly, etnies have been making exactly what I want in a skate shoe with their cupsoles, but I haven’t owned a single pair in my 22 years of skating because can’t get past the pacsun vibe I associate them with. Then I get a giant etnies sheckler poster in my thrasher today. Like, fuck, can you just make the tiniest effort to be appealing or tasteful?

when i got the Tyshawn issue thrasher and saw there was a poster included, the inner child in me was stoked to rip a blown up subway kickflip out the mag.

then I open it up and it’s a Sheckler ad

hobochimp

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 277
« Reply #46789 on: October 28, 2022, 12:54:51 AM »

Timberland Half Cabs

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 856
« Reply #46790 on: October 28, 2022, 01:25:06 AM »
Ok the half cabs dead now. No shoe is fully protected but at least the halfcab sort of wasn't involved in too much novelty shit. Altho I think there was a rollerblade company half cab earlier this year but at least you could still skate it

notinternetfamous

• Rep: 313
  • Watch PURGATORY - the Sproul video
« Reply #46791 on: October 28, 2022, 07:12:21 AM »
i wouldn't cop but i think they chose really nice colors for that collab

kneebone

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 355
« Reply #46792 on: October 28, 2022, 08:15:21 AM »
seems weird for that to come out right after the Humidity collab. Who needs more than one non-skateable all-weather halfcab? (who needs even one?)

sk84gay

• Rep: -24
« Reply #46793 on: October 28, 2022, 08:50:04 AM »
Don't we all want a never ending supply of VF Corp X VF Corp projects

iw0

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 504
« Reply #46794 on: October 28, 2022, 09:10:28 AM »
Ok the half cabs dead now. No shoe is fully protected but at least the halfcab sort of wasn't involved in too much novelty shit. Altho I think there was a rollerblade company half cab earlier this year but at least you could still skate it

commander jameson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
« Reply #46795 on: October 28, 2022, 09:27:21 AM »
I am regularly confused by people claiming sole tech makes shit quality shoes in 2022. Objectively speaking, they're near the top of the list for durability and performance.

Any cupsole with Michelin or G6 foam are some of the best shoes made.  They're far better than many models the big corporations spit out. NB#  contends with them, however.

Spanky G6, Wino Slip Cup G6, Gamma G6, KSL G6, Reynolds G6, Marana, Joslin, etc. are all quality shoes.

Es' best include Quattro, Silo SC, Accel Slim Plus, Swift 1.5.

The SC sole and the Swift outsole models are the only ones worth buying. Those are actually solid. I'm skating a pair of Silo SC right now. Great flick, durable so far, comfortable with an insole swap, and solid grip (could be a bit better)

As for pricing, it's fucked up why the jacked em up but other companies only did $5-10 increases at best. Not disagreeing there. You can complain about pricing but complaining about quality doesn't make sense since the quality is definitely there on the right models.

To all above mentioned models Soletech is still producing Accel OG which is one of the best cupsole shoes out.
I admit that they might be bit bulky for some people.

Watson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2252
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #46796 on: October 28, 2022, 09:51:10 AM »
The Timbo Cab is fucking sick and I'm gonna buy it.

bongboarder420

• Rep: 60
« Reply #46797 on: October 28, 2022, 10:49:58 AM »
Saw these timb half cabs on Depop

https://depop.app.link/lPQUPUs2uub

lemonchicken91

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 242
« Reply #46798 on: October 28, 2022, 11:21:15 AM »
The Timbo Cab is fucking sick and I'm gonna buy it.

no, i live in an efficiency by myself and work in middle management like you, loser

concerned_parent

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 283
« Reply #46799 on: October 28, 2022, 12:59:03 PM »
could you imagine if they did this collab by just putting that shoe on a normal white outsole

we would actually like it
good come sausage