Author Topic: New Balance # containment thread  (Read 798718 times)

Troubadour26, Atiba Applebum and 12 Guests are viewing this topic.

uesty

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 95
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: New Balance # containment thread
« Reply #2250 on: August 23, 2020, 09:51:53 AM »
Wheat/black 1010’s?

YUP and hi top 440s, both coming beginning of 2021. don't have pics cause i accidentally deleted the catalogue :/

Frank

• Mods
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1430
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #2251 on: August 23, 2020, 09:59:09 AM »
sick colorway. i feel like i want every pair of 1010s i see. 440 hi sounds like the perfect blazer mid replacement for me.

jakeumms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1341
  • Runnin through the house with a pickle in my mouth
« Reply #2252 on: August 23, 2020, 01:22:56 PM »
Yo 440 HIs sound like a good idea. Is that what you been hinting about @rothdigga ?
them cats are out getting mashed up to jungle, he's out mashing up jungle cats. it's just not gonna work.

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1042
  • Slap's Resident Sneakerhead
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #2253 on: August 23, 2020, 08:09:22 PM »
Expand Quote
Wheat/black 1010’s?

[close]

YUP and hi top 440s, both coming beginning of 2021. don't have pics cause i accidentally deleted the catalogue :/

I’m in. Reminds of the 2 or 3 pairs of the wheat/black 533’s I had skated.
Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.
Tate is one of the best posters that's not me

Paperclip20

• Rep: 137
  • Please send symmetrical board information
« Reply #2254 on: August 24, 2020, 04:23:00 AM »
Expand Quote
Wheat/black 1010’s?

[close]

You better not be joking about those hi top 440's. That sounds like the perfect shoe.

jay_nev

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #2255 on: August 24, 2020, 05:41:05 AM »
ankle collar really low on the 440 as it is now, I wonder how the collar and stitching and padding will go - same with tongue.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 248
« Reply #2256 on: August 24, 2020, 05:54:08 AM »
1010 just a hair under $100 on zappos

uesty

• Rep: 95
« Reply #2257 on: August 24, 2020, 08:29:11 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Wheat/black 1010’s?

[close]

[close]

You better not be joking about those hi top 440's. That sounds like the perfect shoe.

i wouldn't fib to my fellow pals, 2 colorways and they're both dreamy

devourthehours

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Rep: 51
  • I spit more rhymes than a lazy susan
« Reply #2258 on: August 24, 2020, 08:36:56 AM »
Muska 1010 colorway incoming?

Esmith5488

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 400
« Reply #2259 on: August 24, 2020, 09:13:58 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Wheat/black 1010’s?

[close]

[close]

How did you like the 533’s? Always wanted them but was always too afraid to pull the trigger due to not knowing that sizing

Crap

• Rep: 77
« Reply #2260 on: August 24, 2020, 10:48:29 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Wheat/black 1010’s?

[close]

[close]

[close]

i wouldn't fib to my fellow pals, 2 colorways and they're both dreamy

Was dying to see it when I heard 'high top cupsole.' I hated the sole on the 440 (too much drop from heel to toe, and too thin in the forefoot), so my balloon is hereby deflated.

AlexOlsonsDashiki

• Rep: 39
« Reply #2261 on: August 24, 2020, 10:57:31 AM »
440s are honestly perfect for my foot so that sucks to hear they dont work for you.

The more I see the tiago shoe the more I like it. I wish my local stocked NB so I could try em out. Not convinced I could rock em the same way he does
Every time the McRib comes out I buy it. I don't even like the damn things.

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2262 on: August 24, 2020, 11:09:24 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Wheat/black 1010’s?

[close]

[close]

[close]
How did you like the 533’s? Always wanted them but was always too afraid to pull the trigger due to not knowing that sizing

Perfect. It was the only NB shoe I skated for like 2 years, that and the 533 V2. Yeah, the sizing was a little off for sure. Especially in the early black box days.

The 533 had it all. Good grips, good right out the box and a nice toe shape. Too bad discontinued, but PJ still must have a stash of them and still skated them.
Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.

IanBZHD

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 55
« Reply #2263 on: August 24, 2020, 11:28:10 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Wheat/black 1010’s?

[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]

Perfect. It was the only NB shoe I skated for like 2 years, that and the 533 V2. Yeah, the sizing was a little off for sure. Especially in the early black box days.

The 533 had it all. Good grips, good right out the box and a nice toe shape. Too bad discontinued, but PJ still must have a stash of them and still skated them.
Update for people on the fence about the Tiago 1010.
It fits TTS and is basically broken in right away, although mine has gotten comfier after a few wears.
Toebox looks a little wide looking down, but still majorly kickflippable and not a crazy point like Converse.
They are NOT bulky. I just skated some Superstar ADVs that felt much bigger.
The sole is thin but seems to have a good amount of protection, which comes from the sole unit not the removable insole.
Will probably updated once I skate them, but it's a rarity that I have no issues with pain/pinching/heel slip and these seem to be working for me.

Second Division

• Rep: 8
« Reply #2264 on: August 24, 2020, 11:32:24 AM »
New Tiago colorways from his story

jay_nev

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #2265 on: August 24, 2020, 11:34:38 AM »
New Tiago colorways from his story

posted a few posts above you

surprised no tan/black in there. not sure i like that grey/red liner pair

rothdigga

• Rep: 584
« Reply #2266 on: August 24, 2020, 11:45:27 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Wheat/black 1010’s?

[close]

[close]

I can confirm that this is not a joke...I can't confirm that it's the perfect shoe but I sure hope it is for you. 

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2267 on: August 24, 2020, 03:36:55 PM »

DaCeLeRyMaN

• Rep: -12
« Reply #2268 on: August 24, 2020, 09:27:45 PM »
Anyone have a review of the 1010s yet?

l1ll1ll1

• Rep: 56
« Reply #2269 on: August 25, 2020, 02:44:00 AM »

So far really good. Fit TTS, heel sits tight, front is little wider but not as uncontrolled "roomy" as Vans His (which I can't skate in, because they are toooo wide for me). Sole feels stiffer than Busenitz, but at the same time I got more boardfeel. Only thing that is a bit annoying is that the fabric that is right underneath my ankle (where the inner + outer part of the shoe meet) is not as sturdy and broke already on both shoes (l + r). Nothing another person could spot when they see me wearing them, but I'm a bit worried how they will hold up there.
Small but important detail for me: Laces hold up really good and don't untie themselves/aren't as slippery as other brands.
Another detail: The white colorway just looks so good on plain black grip.

Crap

• Rep: 77
« Reply #2270 on: August 25, 2020, 05:03:13 AM »

I haven't skated in them yet, so I can't give a full review, but I can give first impressions/fit information:

- they fit just a little bit long. Not enough that everyone has to go down half a size, but if you're usually in between sizes; I'd go with the smaller one
- Sole is fairly stiff out of the box, but feels like it will break in and flex well where you want it to, but stay stable everywhere else
- Not as cushy as I expected for a late-90's inspired skate shoe. They feel comfortable and supportive, but not the 'walking on a cloud' feeling you might expect
- Heel lock is good if you get the right size. The pods in the heel are nice, but if the shoe fits too long, they won't do their job. Try them on before buying if you can.
- Wider toebox, but I do find them a bit narrow right at the widest part of my foot (where the toes meet the foot), as described in my post on 'weird fit issues' earlier in this thread. I'm still breaking mine in in this spot, but I think they'll be good once I can get them stretched out
- I wear orthotics, and was able to remove the stock insole and put my orthotics in without messing up the fit, so you should be able to use aftermarket insoles in them if you want to.
- They appear to be a very good quality shoe overall - materials feel good, no random threads or glue or anything anywhere, triple stitching in high wear areas - they're not cheap, but they do really feel like you're getting something for that extra money

Esmith5488

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2271 on: August 25, 2020, 06:06:36 AM »
Has anyone thrown aftermarket insoles in any of their NB’s. Thinking a throwing a set of footprints in my 306’s

Paperclip20

« Reply #2272 on: August 25, 2020, 06:18:55 AM »

So far i've skated about 10 hours in mine. I got the black pair.

Fit/Finish - In my experience they were almost exactly true to size, The laces tighten up very nicely without pinching. As someone else mentioned I had zero frayed strings or anything that looked like poor quality control.

Comfort - The most comfortable skate shoe I have worn personally, I generally skate cupsoles also but usually more simple styles like the 533, 440, or Busenitz. I have had zero foot pain since skating these.

Flick - Excellent, they will not have the same type of flick as a vans shoe or something with the rubber going up high on the shoe. It is extremely consistent though. I'd compare it to the 440 or spanky g6.

Durability - I'll have to add pictures when I can but I constantly do fliptricks and they're holding up really well, The sole is holding up very nicely as well the rubber seems very durable.

Acky Jacky

« Reply #2273 on: August 25, 2020, 07:03:11 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Fit/Finish - In my experience they were almost exactly true to size, The laces tighten up very nicely without pinching. As someone else mentioned I had zero frayed strings or anything that looked like poor quality control.

Comfort - The most comfortable skate shoe I have worn personally, I generally skate cupsoles also but usually more simple styles like the 533, 440, or Busenitz. I have had zero foot pain since skating these.

Flick - Excellent, they will not have the same type of flick as a vans shoe or something with the rubber going up high on the shoe. It is extremely consistent though. I'd compare it to the 440 or spanky g6.

Durability - I'll have to add pictures when I can but I constantly do fliptricks and they're holding up really well, The sole is holding up very nicely as well the rubber seems very durable.

I love mine too. The mesh that's nearest to my kickflip area is becoming obliterated but I'd rather have the breathability  than a less skated-looking shoe. I've worn through the stitching there too, but that's bound to happen with any shoe you really enjoy skating.

Paperclip20

« Reply #2274 on: August 25, 2020, 07:45:01 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

I love mine too. The mesh that's nearest to my kickflip area is becoming obliterated but I'd rather have the breathability  than a less skated-looking shoe. I've worn through the stitching there too, but that's bound to happen with any shoe you really enjoy skating.

Yeah, I'm lucky, the way that I flick I don't hit the mesh at all even with impossibles. Agreed on the breathability

PAWL

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -67
« Reply #2275 on: August 25, 2020, 10:31:13 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Wheat/black 1010’s?

[close]

[close]

[close]
I can confirm that this is not a joke...I can't confirm that it's the perfect shoe but I sure hope it is for you.

wow.. 440 high sounds like the perfect shoe to me, as a person who converted from blazer mids to 440s
yo mike mo new age ape style high five with my reborn hand.

2008 psychedelic experience. thanks.

weon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 227
  • todo gratis todo gay
« Reply #2276 on: August 25, 2020, 10:47:56 AM »
salivating at the thought of these 440 highs

also want to try 288S but no colorways are calling my name just yet.
Lil' Wayne is more core than Jaden Smith.
Damn. Chico of Chocolate now Pyramids of Giza. What the hell is going on?

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1430
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #2277 on: August 25, 2020, 11:36:22 AM »
i just ordered some black tiagos from the nb site. my local should get the white ones and if i dig the shoe i'll get them as well. i just need new shoes badly and couldn't wait any longer, haha.

Acky Jacky

« Reply #2278 on: August 25, 2020, 12:03:06 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

Yeah, I'm lucky, the way that I flick I don't hit the mesh at all even with impossibles. Agreed on the breathability

Here's a picture for reference. It's actually pretty bad, there's nothing extra under the mesh so I probably should try and glue it or something. I'm still super happy with the shoes, and will get another pair when those new colorways come out, I just have to figure something out for the mesh *thinking emoji*.

Esmith5488

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2279 on: August 25, 2020, 01:44:37 PM »
For that situation I would put electrical tape on the inside of the shoe. I did that for the aves