Author Topic: New Balance # containment thread  (Read 798831 times)

dunc

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 54
Re: New Balance # containment thread
« Reply #6900 on: September 21, 2023, 08:08:41 PM »
They laughed when I told my friends that I was going to be a comedian.....well they are not laughing now!

dunc

They laughed when I told my friends that I was going to be a comedian.....well they are not laughing now!

dunc

« Reply #6902 on: September 21, 2023, 08:18:25 PM »
On third thought.  How about give Tom 440 v2 and keep the old one in the line up. Just improve sole.

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 247
« Reply #6903 on: September 21, 2023, 08:21:21 PM »
On third thought.  How about give Tom 440 v2 and keep the old one in the line up. Just improve sole.

So, either give him ugly shoes or give him the equivalent of a Janoski High Tape which isn’t a pro model at all?

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1308
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #6904 on: September 21, 2023, 08:58:48 PM »
Expand Quote
I've come to peace with most nb models having the standard N branding but that Knox shoe realllly made me wish they made an exception with that model. That upper would look very good to me without a logo.
[close]

With the black one I feel if the N used the smoother material as the outline and suede in the middle it would blend really well. It often stands out too much due to the material and colors of the outline and main N. This is where the new 440 will be interesting because it actually blends decently well on that blue proto that is floating around but could do any which way.
Although I didn't like all the changes in that new 440 photo, I agree about the logo. It could have almost gone bigger to reach both the bottom and top of the upper. Makes the N look more like a design element to the shoe than a logo slapped on the side.

Nike and Adidas shoes while branded heavily, have logos that are lines and arches, which can be disguised as a design rather than branding.

I can even go deeper off the rocker and venture to say the Cariuma logo is more well integrated into the shoes than New Balance. The companies obviously shit and maybe so is the logo. But it looks more at home on a shoe than a letter N.

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 30
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #6905 on: September 21, 2023, 10:23:02 PM »
Wanted to wait till Xmas for new shoes but there is no way those Reynolds 480 are going to by available by then :(
Any suggestion where to find them in US 8 in the EU? I was able to find them only in 8.5 on SkateDeluxe and even tho I usually wear 8.5 in 808 for what I read 8 would be a good fit.
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

rikki

• Rep: 302

jakeumms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1341
  • Runnin through the house with a pickle in my mouth
them cats are out getting mashed up to jungle, he's out mashing up jungle cats. it's just not gonna work.

arrbee

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 438
« Reply #6908 on: September 22, 2023, 05:00:44 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

So, either give him ugly shoes or give him the equivalent of a Janoski High Tape which isn’t a pro model at all?

To be fair thats what Nike did to Grant with the GT Blazer
Quote from: DaveFuck
youre fucking FRIED if you think im gonna listen to dan corrigan talk about cariuma

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #6909 on: September 22, 2023, 05:03:37 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Sure, but I don’t recall the shoe existing in the skate line prior.  CK1 also had a pro model that was a sb version of an existing model

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 862
« Reply #6910 on: September 22, 2023, 05:22:37 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

Sure, but I don’t recall the shoe existing in the skate line prior.  CK1 also had a pro model that was a sb version of an existing model
There were blazer highs and lows and bruins then the gt was meant to be kinda the blazer low and bruin combined and the first ones sole had a much thinner forefoot than heel. Then they returned the original blazers for a couple years (and a rubber toe version to replace the CK) then brought the gt back again briefly before updating it to the version we have now. It was always the dominant blazer low version when available either way.
Since it's new balance maybe it would be better to compare with what they did with the 255 and artos pro shoe

OhioGuy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 51
« Reply #6911 on: September 22, 2023, 05:43:33 AM »
I'm already waiting for the Black/White 480s. Has it been announced if new pairs will drop monthly?

Mongo Lloyd

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 168
« Reply #6912 on: September 22, 2023, 06:01:48 AM »
440 v2 is a rare miss for NB. The redesign looks disjointed.
Do you get deja vu, huh?

Ok

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1115
« Reply #6913 on: September 22, 2023, 10:51:54 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]
There were blazer highs and lows and bruins then the gt was meant to be kinda the blazer low and bruin combined and the first ones sole had a much thinner forefoot than heel. Then they returned the original blazers for a couple years (and a rubber toe version to replace the CK) then brought the gt back again briefly before updating it to the version we have now. It was always the dominant blazer low version when available either way.
Since it's new balance maybe it would be better to compare with what they did with the 255 and artos pro shoe

i’d skate that cory shoe rn, for certain

rothdigga

• Rep: 585
« Reply #6914 on: September 22, 2023, 12:42:20 PM »
I'm already waiting for the Black/White 480s. Has it been announced if new pairs will drop monthly?
Not technically announced but yes, you can expect a monthly drop of the 480's for the next few months.  You guys already got the sneak preview from the colorway card that we put out, sounds like the black/white white/black pack will be well received. 

arrbee

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 438
« Reply #6915 on: September 22, 2023, 12:52:15 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Not technically announced but yes, you can expect a monthly drop of the 480's for the next few months.  You guys already got the sneak preview from the colorway card that we put out, sounds like the black/white white/black pack will be well received.

Roth, what is the long term plan for the 480? Should we expect more colors after this run? And will those runs have more availability? Or are we destined to head down the dunk route with the 480?
Quote from: DaveFuck
youre fucking FRIED if you think im gonna listen to dan corrigan talk about cariuma

input

• Rep: 4
« Reply #6916 on: September 22, 2023, 02:17:20 PM »

Just thought i should re-post this so folks dont have to scroll back to find it. Personally really dig the colourways of the last 3 shoes in that lineup.

While on the 480 topic, I've actually had some heel rub/blistering issues with my blue 480s, im wondering if models like the reynolds might be better for me in that regard due to the change in material (aka non-leather interior around the heel)?

OhioGuy

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #6917 on: September 22, 2023, 02:29:53 PM »

Just thought i should re-post this so folks dont have to scroll back to find it. Personally really dig the colourways of the last 3 shoes in that lineup.

While on the 480 topic, I've actually had some heel rub/blistering issues with my blue 480s, im wondering if models like the reynolds might be better for me in that regard due to the change in material (aka non-leather interior around the heel)?
The Reynolds have more padding in the heels. So the fit is a little more snug.

Big Baby Jesus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 266
    • Suciu avatar image
« Reply #6918 on: September 22, 2023, 02:45:01 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Are future releases coming with a leather or fabric inner heel?
flat spotted 3 times in 2 weeks, other than that awesome wheels

Baby is gonna be raised by Max and Cyrus

OhioGuy

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #6919 on: September 22, 2023, 02:49:44 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

No idea. But I wouldn't be surprised if the Reynold's are the best since they're the only signature ones.

Crabby_Bastard

• Rep: 55
« Reply #6920 on: September 22, 2023, 03:22:02 PM »
I have the blue and the Reynolds 480. This is the first time I preferred the leather type material to the fabric on the inside of the heel. Lots of heel slip with the Reynolds. Zero with the blue. Different experiences for different feet I guess.
How much for an order of ribs?

iw0

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 505
« Reply #6921 on: September 22, 2023, 03:54:36 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

one could assume it's colorway dependent

flintstagram

• Rep: 84
« Reply #6922 on: September 22, 2023, 04:51:38 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Man, my wife is gonna be so bummed on me when I end up with almost all of these 480s!

In the grand scheme of things she actually doesn’t give a shit, but she will have to give me some (very warranted) grief about the sheer amount of shoes I will have at that point though. I have a problem, and nb# pumping out shoes I love isn’t doing me any favors.

fineslime

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 144
« Reply #6923 on: September 22, 2023, 05:43:59 PM »

not a numeric shoe, but I found these NB Roavs at a thrift store today in near mint condition (there's some slight fraying on one of the toes) for $20. I didn't look up the price until after I purchased them, but they're listed at $85 on the NB website! This isn't typically the type of shoe I'd go for but it's ultra comfortable. Form fitting without feeling cramped. I've only had one other pair of New Balance and it was the 210, also not a numeric. I skated them and even though they weren't nb#, they were basically a skate shoe and skated great. tore through them pretty quickly, but they were canvas and that's to be expected. I was really happy with that shoe too.

I may be team new balance from here on out.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2023, 07:58:28 AM by fineslime »

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #6924 on: September 22, 2023, 09:31:12 PM »
Jeff Mikuts IG stories looks like they feature Reynolds in another 440.2 colorway

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 30
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #6925 on: September 22, 2023, 11:23:00 PM »
Jeff Mikuts IG stories looks like they feature Reynolds in another 440.2 colorway
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

Crap

• Rep: 77
« Reply #6926 on: September 23, 2023, 04:27:16 AM »
Were the Reynolds 480’s supposed to come with these dark brown laces in the box (last slide)?

Mine didn’t have them, but I’m wondering if someone swiped the extra set at the shop. I might stick a black pair in there - something about light laces in a dark shoe doesn’t quite look right to me. Everyone is right, though - the shoes are extremely sick.

Murge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 427
« Reply #6927 on: September 23, 2023, 06:32:41 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I take back what I said

apport

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 294
« Reply #6928 on: September 23, 2023, 06:40:07 AM »
Were the Reynolds 480’s supposed to come with these dark brown laces in the box (last slide)?

Mine didn’t have them, but I’m wondering if someone swiped the extra set at the shop. I might stick a black pair in there - something about light laces in a dark shoe doesn’t quite look right to me. Everyone is right, though - the shoes are extremely sick.
i’m in the same boat, basically. i got the brown laces and was going to do the swap but my daughter ripped the bag off the shoe and i have no idea where they are now.

uesty

• Rep: 95
« Reply #6929 on: September 23, 2023, 07:06:09 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

pretty sure this colorway is Q2 of 2024  8)