Author Topic: New Balance # containment thread  (Read 798756 times)

rikki

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 302
Re: New Balance # containment thread
« Reply #8040 on: December 13, 2023, 11:39:44 PM »
Oh man I've got like 4 pairs of NB#'s still on ice, yet feeling really irrational with regards to my bank account here right now looking at those photos.

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 30
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #8041 on: December 14, 2023, 12:23:16 AM »
Oh man I've got like 4 pairs of NB#'s still on ice, yet feeling really irrational with regards to my bank account here right now looking at those photos.
Same here brother. I have on ice a pair of 808, 480 BOS and 600. Obviously I want V2 and Smurf 600.
Fuck...
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

MOE SYZLAK

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 836
  • "I never got to taste cantaloupe"
    • Cassette Skate Shop avatar image
« Reply #8042 on: December 14, 2023, 07:49:39 AM »
God those white/ Tan 600s go so hard.
The updated 440 looks great as well.
I gotta take a break from buying shoes but damn that’s really hard these days..

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 861
« Reply #8043 on: December 14, 2023, 08:29:41 AM »
Some new 1010's and 600's

Why do these look so tall? The toe is bumped up so far above the sole it looks like a safety shoe.

New version of 440 looks pretty nice but why not call it like a 442 or something if it's been updated/improved

Pastasash

• Rep: 76
« Reply #8044 on: December 14, 2023, 08:39:42 AM »

[/quote]

New version of 440 looks pretty nice but why not call it like a 442 or something if it's been updated/improved
[/quote]

Cus historically that is what New Balance has always done with new iterations of their models, mostly with the runners and lifestyle shoes like the 860 and 990, they're on like version 16 of the 860 runner and version 6 of the 990. Makes sense for their style and I like it.

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #8045 on: December 14, 2023, 08:50:25 AM »

[/quote]

Cus historically that is what New Balance has always done with new iterations of their models, mostly with the runners and lifestyle shoes like the 860 and 990, they're on like version 16 of the 860 runner and version 6 of the 990. Makes sense for their style and I like it.
[/quote]
Ah I see. I just thought it looked different enough to be a new thing like when pj and arto got their pro shoes that were upgraded team shoes. Guess changing numbers all the time will eventually lead to problems down the line too

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #8046 on: December 14, 2023, 09:10:42 AM »

MOE SYZLAK

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 836
  • "I never got to taste cantaloupe"
    • Cassette Skate Shop avatar image
« Reply #8047 on: December 14, 2023, 09:22:23 AM »

God damnit, spoke too soon… will 100% pick these up!

OhioGuy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 51
« Reply #8048 on: December 14, 2023, 09:52:05 AM »
Can't do vulcs, but those look dope.

arrbee

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 438
« Reply #8049 on: December 14, 2023, 10:01:45 AM »
Liked the V2 CW but it makes me wonder why NB# never goes for "classic" CW when dropping new shoes. That being said I'd probably get the green ones because I want to be like Tyler Surrey

There is a very classic CW 440v2 coming in the spring.
Quote from: DaveFuck
youre fucking FRIED if you think im gonna listen to dan corrigan talk about cariuma

MonsPubis

• Rep: 20
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #8050 on: December 14, 2023, 10:09:50 AM »

DarkPools

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 478
« Reply #8051 on: December 14, 2023, 11:02:37 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

[/quote]
Ah I see. I just thought it looked different enough to be a new thing like when pj and arto got their pro shoes that were upgraded team shoes. Guess changing numbers all the time will eventually lead to problems down the line too
[/quote]

There's definitely not enough different on the 440 V2 to be a different number than 440. Visually speaking, not too much has changed between 440 v1 and v2. I understand that's an opinion of mine, but that's also sourced directly from NB# designers stating most of the changes were internal and a couple minor on the outside, so it still LOOKS like the 440 we all know/like.

Only 2 real noticeable differences are: slightly bigger N and a straight medial seam instead of a waved one on the side. The shoe looks almost exactly the same, otherwise. It's similar to the Joslin Pro and the Josl1n: same shoe, just an updated successor.

I couldn't do 440, sadly. I tried low and high. Too thin, hard, and boxy feeling.  Maybe the v2s will fit better for me?
Super Champion Fun Zone

mini greek

• Rep: 32
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #8052 on: December 14, 2023, 04:29:47 PM »
Damn NB is really putting my wallet in a chokehold these days. All those new 600 colorways look so good, I can't even decide which one is my favorite. That 1010 in the white with black accents reminds me of the Poets collab and is one of the best 1010 colorways yet. And the 440v2 looks a lot better with the slightly smaller N than what we've seen before. I wonder if NB actually listened to our feedback in this thread and implemented that? Either way, I like it a lot more now.

Also curious to see what other 480 high colorways are coming down the line so I can decide if I want to drop the money on them now or later...
Its the same size N as in the photos leaked before, we haven't changed it.
Get litty.....

Mongo Lloyd

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 168
« Reply #8053 on: December 14, 2023, 06:30:11 PM »
You know what, I’ve had a change of heart on the 440 v2’s.

They look excellent in those newer photos.
Do you get deja vu, huh?

wax poetic

• Rep: 44
  • fuck it, I'll stir the pot
« Reply #8054 on: December 14, 2023, 07:18:42 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
Why do these look so tall? The toe is bumped up so far above the sole it looks like a safety shoe.

NGL I thought the same ... "what in the moonboots popped in my head"

Those fucking smurfs though ... I wish they had went white sole to really pull it off.  Or gum because that is the best sole always.  But will still be copped

MetalAnkleMan

• Rep: 17
« Reply #8055 on: December 14, 2023, 07:21:31 PM »

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 248
« Reply #8056 on: December 14, 2023, 07:42:59 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

Those fucking smurfs though ... I wish they had went white sole to really pull it off.  Or gum because that is the best sole always.  But will still be copped

These feel like an homage to the Alexis Sablones.

Regarding the thickness, is it maybe bc that half circle part in the middle  isn’t usually white

ToySanta

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 117
« Reply #8057 on: December 14, 2023, 08:07:07 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

[close]

These feel like an homage to the Alexis Sablones.

Regarding the thickness, is it maybe bc that half circle part in the middle  isn’t usually white

And the Sablones are an homage to these, I assumed:

Anyway, the Tiago’s have a super thick sole, but it is a great colorway.

dunc

• Rep: 54
« Reply #8058 on: December 14, 2023, 08:10:49 PM »
We're NB going to improve the sole on v2? That's my only gripe with the old model. Sole never lasted that long. Always a good excuse to get more 440s though. 
They laughed when I told my friends that I was going to be a comedian.....well they are not laughing now!

OhioGuy

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #8059 on: December 14, 2023, 08:18:27 PM »
Fuck it. Decided to grab some 480 Highs. The little notch on the back makes me think they’ll be more comfortable than normal high tops.

My only hope is that NB# starts using softer leather for some shoes. The quality of the 480 BOS are better than the standard leather ones.

OhioGuy

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #8060 on: December 14, 2023, 08:34:55 PM »
Also, possibly a controversial opinion—the big N should be on most of their shoes. Looks better and less generic than the small ones. The 808s don’t work for me, but they’re easily the best looking numeric thanks to that large N 🤷🏿‍♂️

They’re look has really grown on me over the past few months.

These are gorgeous and only $54: https://www.zumiez.com/new-balance-numeric-tiago-808-white-black-skate-shoes.html

wax poetic

« Reply #8061 on: December 14, 2023, 11:06:30 PM »
I was fucking around earlier and combined a New Balance trail shoe with the Adidas Silas 1 (I couldn't get it to rotate and put mesh behind the N or close that little gap in the ollie area but not bad for an hour of fucking around) ...

Crossed these two for reference ...

Silas Pro
https://sneakernews.com/2010/10/14/adidas-skate-silas-grey-aqua-jason-voorhees/

Hierro v7
https://runrepeat.com/new-balance-fresh-foam-hierro-v-7

I'd fuck with it, especially taking my 4Runner off road or camping ... close that ollie area spot so the two panels just have a slit between them (and maybe carry that little rubber bead down between them) and put mesh behind the N and I'd probably skate it too
« Last Edit: December 14, 2023, 11:13:46 PM by wax poetic »

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 30
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #8062 on: December 14, 2023, 11:21:20 PM »
Brown and black is such a sexy combination
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

wax poetic

« Reply #8063 on: December 14, 2023, 11:23:30 PM »
Brown and black is such a sexy combination

Agree 100%

Underpressureflips

• Rep: 45
« Reply #8064 on: December 14, 2023, 11:29:44 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

It’s because the fuel cell foam is color matched to the sole. It’s usually a contrasting color, but here it looks like one big chonky boy.

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #8065 on: December 14, 2023, 11:51:18 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

It’s because the fuel cell foam is color matched to the sole. It’s usually a contrasting color, but here it looks like one big chonky boy.
Yeah maybe. Could just be this one shoe is a sample or it's a smaller size or something too. I'm looking at the tip of the toe and it goes up completely vertically for a bit before curving back but that's not how ice pictured the shape on ones ive seen before.
Less bulbous toe

DanRar009

• Rep: 56
« Reply #8066 on: December 15, 2023, 01:09:23 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]
Yeah maybe. Could just be this one shoe is a sample or it's a smaller size or something too. I'm looking at the tip of the toe and it goes up completely vertically for a bit before curving back but that's not how ice pictured the shape on ones ive seen before.
Less bulbous toe

Really hope that’s just a sample pair or something like you said because I think that’d ruin the shape if the Tiago if the toe box was made taller, one of the many things I like about the 1010 is the slim toe box

finecojeffe

• Rep: 131
    • Fine-Co avatar image
« Reply #8067 on: December 15, 2023, 05:43:11 AM »
Also, possibly a controversial opinion—the big N should be on most of their shoes. Looks better and less generic than the small ones.

Small ones look less like a logo and more like a simple typeface whereas the larger N is more stylized and actually kind of evokes movement within the shoe. I always disliked the small "N" for this reason and was not really on board with the larger one but it's definitely growing on me, but I can always appreciate a concerted effort to further design in this manner too.

Frank and Fred

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 822
« Reply #8068 on: December 15, 2023, 06:32:21 AM »
I am old and out of touch but I much prefer the small N. Doesn't bother me that much but the big N also looks harder to cut off, which I like to do one some shoes...

Paperclip20

• Rep: 137
  • Please send symmetrical board information
« Reply #8069 on: December 15, 2023, 06:57:18 AM »
Fuck it. Decided to grab some 480 Highs. The little notch on the back makes me think they’ll be more comfortable than normal high tops.

My only hope is that NB# starts using softer leather for some shoes. The quality of the 480 BOS are better than the standard leather ones.

I'm skating the 480 high right now and that cutout is such a nice feature. Makes getting the shoes off and on super easy plus a little less restrictive. Really genius design choice honestly.