Author Topic: Oskis New Truck Brand  (Read 140110 times)

Ok

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1113
Re: Oskis New Truck Brand
« Reply #1680 on: April 25, 2024, 07:26:37 PM »
How pitted looking are they (i.e., Royals)? They seem like they are, but less so.

i can’t wait to do the mental gymnastics required to convince myself that a 55mm tall, loose truck, is what i need

rikki

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 292
« Reply #1681 on: April 25, 2024, 10:14:21 PM »
Expand Quote
How pitted looking are they (i.e., Royals)? They seem like they are, but less so.
[close]

i can’t wait to do the mental gymnastics required to convince myself that a 55mm tall, loose truck, is what i need

Become old/jaded enough to only skate slappies and you'll probably get there.

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 712
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #1682 on: April 26, 2024, 12:12:04 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Skated mine before work but got rained out.
Never skated the old Lurpiv trucks and had minimal expectations but was blown away. Love the turn and response. Bushings felt solid with no pinch or sticking. The grind is amazing, so smooth and fast. I popped a few front shoves and a kickflip before the rain and the pop felt decent.
Excited to see how these feel in the coming sessions.
[close]

do they feel super tall?
i appreciate the look.
for me, my utmost truck quality, is the pop
[close]

They are now lower than the OGs. I don’t remember exactly the actual hight (but I think it’s the same as Aces at 53mm). That was one of the main changes that Pontus told me about a few months ago…

Ok I found the text… he said they are lower about 3/4mm now, and are the same height as Indy. It actually makes sense cause I had the OGs and those shits felt super tall, almost like riding Indies with riserpads.

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

hiljentaa

• Rep: 317
« Reply #1683 on: April 26, 2024, 03:13:56 AM »
They look cool, and I really dig the how the baseplate/pivot nubbin/hanger face meet.

slapattack

• Rep: 14
« Reply #1684 on: April 26, 2024, 04:10:40 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Never skated the old Lurpiv trucks and had minimal expectations but was blown away. Love the turn and response. Bushings felt solid with no pinch or sticking. The grind is amazing, so smooth and fast. I popped a few front shoves and a kickflip before the rain and the pop felt decent.
[close]

do they feel super tall?
i appreciate the look.
[close]

They are now lower than the OGs. I don’t remember exactly the actual hight (but I think it’s the same as Aces at 53mm). That was one of the main changes that Pontus told me about a few months ago…
[close]

Ok I found the text… he said they are lower about 3/4mm now, and are the same height as Indy. It actually makes sense cause I had the OGs and those shits felt super tall, almost like riding Indies with riserpads.

If they were originally 55mm I cant imagine them now being 52mm tall, thats thunder height. I have the gen 1s and would prefer them to be lower (53.5 would be ideal) but that seems drastic.

Rick Trapasso

• Rep: 10
« Reply #1685 on: April 26, 2024, 04:35:48 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

do they feel super tall?
i appreciate the look.
[close]

[close]

[close]

If they were originally 55mm I cant imagine them now being 52mm tall, thats thunder height. I have the gen 1s and would prefer them to be lower (53.5 would be ideal) but that seems drastic.

Thunders are 50/49mm tall on sizes over 8in wide.

52-53.5 seems to be the new middle of the road truck height.

Gleefull508

• Rep: 22
« Reply #1686 on: April 26, 2024, 05:30:55 AM »
Im buying these for sure, Oski is the shit

144p

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1080
    • 35th Ave Skates avatar image
« Reply #1687 on: April 26, 2024, 07:19:21 AM »
By my measurements to the bottom of the axle from the deck is 55mm

Rick Trapasso

« Reply #1688 on: April 26, 2024, 08:04:18 AM »

Heightgate confirmed!

We have a conspiracy on our hands boys.

Big skate media wants to hide the true height of the new lurpivs from us.

But why? What are they covering up? Is oski a member of the deep skate?

Bongwater Mojito

• Rep: 62
« Reply #1689 on: April 26, 2024, 09:03:56 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
But why? What are they covering up? Is oski a member of the deep skate?

Deep skate sounds like finally draining the Washington pool.

Back to the original topic, had OG Lurpivs, tried them few times, did not like them too much and got scared of snapping, so sold them. No need but on the other hand good that there's some competition.

Richard Skidder

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 470
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1690 on: April 26, 2024, 01:36:10 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

do they feel super tall?
i appreciate the look.
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Thunders are 52mm for team and 51mm for forged on 148 to 151.

Rick Trapasso

« Reply #1691 on: April 26, 2024, 09:06:48 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

do they feel super tall?
i appreciate the look.
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Thunders are 52mm for team and 51mm for forged on 148 to 151.

Yea, you def right, I was looking at the wrong trucks lol.

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 961
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #1692 on: April 26, 2024, 09:21:03 PM »
Does the square part help with manuals?
I'm kinda desperate to get my first nollie FS switch Manny. Anything that helps with that would be a welcome temporary change.
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

radcunt

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 502
    • FARTPISS DOGCUM avatar image
« Reply #1693 on: April 27, 2024, 06:11:22 AM »
Gettin' G&S truck vibes.

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #1694 on: April 27, 2024, 06:33:22 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

do they feel super tall?
i appreciate the look.
[close]

[close]

[close]

That’s not what I wrote, read it again. They were over 55mm originally, probably like 57 or 58.
new version got lowered and now are the same height as Indy (55mm). That’s what he told me.

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

Lou Strux

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2226
  • The Swede is down at Venice Beach, shove off!
« Reply #1695 on: April 27, 2024, 09:24:50 AM »
It has been mentioned that these new Lurpivs are manu’d in the same factory as Ace trucks.
But WHICH Ace truck: AF1 or Classic?
One presumes the two are made in different facilities, as the two models appear to have separate/distinct characteristics (from the alloy used, to the casting & finishing processes, etc.) unless the same plant is churning out high grade product, as well as a slightly more dated product that is almost “rustic” by comparison. Not sure how likely that is, but I’ve been to China exactly zero times, so I’m swatting at shadows in the dark, so to speak, but still…
It’s got me wondering: which Ace truck are we talking about?

I wanna play you in a game of SKATE for the right to continue talking shit on me.  You think you got me?

Mongo Lloyd

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 168
« Reply #1696 on: April 27, 2024, 10:04:24 AM »
One thing that I must ask is the metal composition different than the V.1’s? I felt like those OG trucks could grind through anything.
Do you get deja vu, huh?

Xen

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1010
  • too easy, we know your new handle...stop following
« Reply #1697 on: April 27, 2024, 10:30:08 AM »
It has been mentioned that these new Lurpivs are manu’d in the same factory as Ace trucks.
One presumes the two are made in different facilities, as the two models appear to have separate/distinct characteristics (from the alloy used, to the casting & finishing processes, etc.) unless the same plant is churning out high grade product, as well as a slightly more dated product that is almost “rustic” by comparison. Not sure how likely that is, but I’ve been to China exactly zero times, so I’m swatting at shadows in the dark, so to speak, but still…

AF1 - they're presumably made in the same place as Paris trucks the fit and finish is similar.

These have that Royal pitted look to them (which some paris do), at least online; still waiting for @144p to chime in since he rode the royals as well.

I'm kinda desperate to get my first nollie FS switch Manny. Anything that helps with that would be a welcome temporary change.

Not sure what you mean? The hanger shape? Don't think any shape hanger is going to help with manuals.

The Pivot? It's only square (like the 109) above the actual pivot cavity, it's not square in the cavity and the 'bluntness/squared edge doesn't 'rest' on any part of the truck.

slapattack

« Reply #1698 on: April 27, 2024, 04:40:29 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

do they feel super tall?
i appreciate the look.
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

That’s not what I wrote, read it again. They were over 55mm originally, probably like 57 or 58.
new version got lowered and now are the same height as Indy (55mm). That’s what he told me.

Ok sorry bro but you keep spreading false information. I own and still ride the gen 1s they are 55mm tall

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #1699 on: April 27, 2024, 08:51:03 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

do they feel super tall?
i appreciate the look.
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Ok sorry bro but you keep spreading false information. I own and still ride the gen 1s they are 55mm tall

Dafuq do you think I win with lying about this?

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

CarcassToss

• Rep: 29
« Reply #1700 on: April 27, 2024, 08:59:41 PM »
Why do we assume Pontus is the source of truth when tons of pros and industry types know almost nothing about the gear they actually ride?

The originals were documented on here at 55. Pontus could say that they're made of depleted uranium and have helium filled axles if he wants but it doesn't make it true just cuz Oski is on his team and his friends have had them.

One of the old selling points was that they were high but didn't feel tippy, had crispier pop than an Indy, and held a pinch really well. If they can still do that and not fall apart then I'd be stoked.

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1582
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #1701 on: April 27, 2024, 10:31:09 PM »

AF1, Royal…Paris….all same factory I think.

I get some serious motobilt vibes….

144p

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1702 on: April 28, 2024, 07:46:02 AM »
Why do we assume Pontus is the source of truth when tons of pros and industry types know almost nothing about the gear they actually ride?

The originals were documented on here at 55. Pontus could say that they're made of depleted uranium and have helium filled axles if he wants but it doesn't make it true just cuz Oski is on his team and his friends have had them.

One of the old selling points was that they were high but didn't feel tippy, had crispier pop than an Indy, and held a pinch really well. If they can still do that and not fall apart then I'd be stoked.

Pontus helped oski with the trucks and now they’re distributed through keen(same as polar)

144p

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1703 on: April 28, 2024, 07:48:09 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

AF1 - they're presumably made in the same place as Paris trucks the fit and finish is similar.

These have that Royal pitted look to them (which some paris do), at least online; still waiting for @144p to chime in since he rode the royals as well.

Expand Quote
[close]

Not sure what you mean? The hanger shape? Don't think any shape hanger is going to help with manuals.

The Pivot? It's only square (like the 109) above the actual pivot cavity, it's not square in the cavity and the 'bluntness/squared edge doesn't 'rest' on any part of the truck.

I wasn’t sure what “pitted” meant, but they do have a similar raw/sandblasted texture as royals, I did wonder if they were from the same factory.

Eric Dolphy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 525
« Reply #1704 on: April 28, 2024, 09:24:58 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

do they feel super tall?
i appreciate the look.
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Dafuq do you think I win with lying about this?

Why you arguing with these dipshits when you could be arguing with me on the ranch
If you see offensive comments, just let it go into one eye and let it out of the other eye, no tears and not sadness or anger.

Xen

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1010
  • too easy, we know your new handle...stop following
« Reply #1705 on: April 28, 2024, 09:33:33 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

I wasn’t sure what “pitted” meant, but they do have a similar raw/sandblasted texture as royals, I did wonder if they were from the same factory.

Yeah, that 'sandblasted' non-smooth finish.

Aquatic Dinosaur

• Rep: 97
« Reply #1706 on: April 28, 2024, 03:55:43 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

Yeah, that 'sandblasted' non-smooth finish.

logjammin

• Rep: 338
« Reply #1707 on: April 28, 2024, 05:01:15 PM »
So these have an axle that goes all the way through now or...?

slapattack

« Reply #1708 on: April 28, 2024, 06:08:00 PM »

standard axle, made in china, no inverted kingpin, normal metal, still gonna buy a pair but what made them special is gone.

logjammin

• Rep: 338
« Reply #1709 on: April 29, 2024, 06:30:49 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

standard axle, made in china, no inverted kingpin, normal metal, still gonna buy a pair but what made them special is gone.

Lol rekt. Yeah, I was thinking this time around these things really have lost all hype. And yellow stock bushings? Gross. If enough people say the turn is as good or better than Ace/Indy Stage 4's then I'll definitely still try a set.