Author Topic: iPod vs. creative zen showdown  (Read 910 times)

nice weather

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 533
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
iPod vs. creative zen showdown
« on: September 17, 2007, 09:17:36 AM »
So my Creative Zen Vision: M broke a couple weeks back for no reason and I sent it in to where I got it and they even gave me a little more money back than I payed in the first place. I thought I'd just buy the same thing again and save myself a small fortune, because it should be way cheaper by now. But turns ot it isn't.
But Video Ipods are, so I'll probably get one of those.

Now the thing is, I have a shitty PC that never really wanted to cooperate with iTunes. Is that a problem?
I'd also like to know if it plays all kinds of videofiles the Creative Zen Vision can play, because I have to take longer trainrides every once in a while and I don't want to miss out on all the crap I watch on those rides.

From Vienna with love,
Mr. Hapredingli

bbk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 278
  • Dopeness
Re: iPod vs. creative zen showdown
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2007, 10:23:00 AM »
I like my vision: m a lot, my friend who has an iPod says he'd rather have my zen...

marty.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 224
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2007, 11:13:19 AM »
I have an ipod video and I like it alot. I guess it kinda sucks to have something so trendy, but it works well, and when I bought it there were no other mp3 players that held as much, but I don't know if that's changed since then. But if itunes won't work on your pc then i guess it doesn't really matter, since thats kinda a necessity to put songs on your ipod. I do think that some hacker/nerds have made some programs where you can add songs to your ipod without itunes, but I think that voids your warranty and may be more trouble than you want to go through. Ipods only support a certain type of video file, but there is a program called Videora that you can download that will convert your videos into ipod-compatible files.
8)

Evil Kraken from the Arctic Sea

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 288
  • Hi SlapPal!
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2007, 11:19:05 AM »
I have an ipod video and I like it alot. I guess it kinda sucks to have something so trendy, but it works well, and when I bought it there were no other mp3 players that held as much, but I don't know if that's changed since then. But if itunes won't work on your pc then i guess it doesn't really matter, since thats kinda a necessity to put songs on your ipod. I do think that some hacker/nerds have made some programs where you can add songs to your ipod without itunes, but I think that voids your warranty and may be more trouble than you want to go through. Ipods only support a certain type of video file, but there is a program called Videora that you can download that will convert your videos into ipod-compatible files.
Yeah, they even got Linux to work on the ipod... but you´re right, you lose any warranty if you do it. I have the ipod too, works well and itunes converts the files just fine. And considering that the ipod is 50€ cheaper i´d say go for the ipod. but if itunes doesn´t work at all, don´t do it!!
I'll go frontside on some tranny for you.

skatemore,man

« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2007, 11:48:55 AM »
i bought a zune this summer and have had no issues, i like it better than my ex's video ipod. it's easier to manipulate and the software is simple as well.

cold budweisers

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 616
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2007, 01:30:07 PM »
zune's are corny, but the price is down to $200 now

gibson

• Rep: -17
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2007, 01:30:28 PM »
I have a Zen W.

nice weather

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 533
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2007, 05:49:19 AM »
iPod got 30 euros more expensive over night. I feel cheated on. I will now let the dice decide what I'm gonna buy.