Author Topic: animal collective...  (Read 4674 times)

gordon bombay

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 69
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: animal collective...
« Reply #30 on: May 06, 2009, 07:58:43 AM »
they're playing letterman tomorrow night. should be interesting considering the fact that they played "#1" last time on conan:
http://www.imeem.com/gorillavsbear/video/OH0uelC3/animal-collective-1-live-on-conan-music-video/

would've loved to see how confused people in the audience were. but i think they'll go the normal route on thursday. probably my girls or summertime clothes. hoping for summertime clothes, much more of an exciting song live
« Last Edit: May 06, 2009, 08:01:17 AM by gordon bombay »

Sleazy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 264
  • tiger style
« Reply #31 on: May 06, 2009, 08:30:34 AM »
summertime clothes would definitely be better for non-fans but i think they might be a band who's live sets would mainly appeal to fans. at a glance their live shows come of as some kind of weird euro techno act.

MexicanSpaniard

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 694
  • S&H
« Reply #32 on: May 06, 2009, 08:33:51 AM »
#1 is on some borderline butthole surfer heroin days shit, I've had strawberry jam sitting in my bag I guess I'll give it a go now.

johnpeter

• Rep: 0
« Reply #33 on: May 14, 2009, 12:30:10 AM »
Animal Collective is a musical collective originally from Baltimore, Maryland, currently based in New York City. Animal Collective consists of Avey Tare (David Portner), Panda Bear (Noah Lennox), Deakin, or Deacon as spelled on Strawberry Jam (Josh Dibb), and Geologist (Brian Weitz). Records released under the name Animal Collective may include contributions from any or all of these members; the lineup is not uniform. The band members met in school and started recording together in various forms of collaboration from a young age. Although the band is often classified as freak folk or noise pop, it is hard to define the Animal Collective sound as they often experiment with diverse styles and ideas from album to album. The group also runs the record label Paw Tracks on which they have released their own material as well that of other artists..

jildo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 79
  • !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    • my blog? avatar image
« Reply #34 on: May 14, 2009, 12:43:37 AM »
Animal Collective is a musical collective originally from Baltimore, Maryland, currently based in New York City. Animal Collective consists of Avey Tare (David Portner), Panda Bear (Noah Lennox), Deakin, or Deacon as spelled on Strawberry Jam (Josh Dibb), and Geologist (Brian Weitz). Records released under the name Animal Collective may include contributions from any or all of these members; the lineup is not uniform. The band members met in school and started recording together in various forms of collaboration from a young age. Although the band is often classified as freak folk or noise pop, it is hard to define the Animal Collective sound as they often experiment with diverse styles and ideas from album to album. The group also runs the record label Paw Tracks on which they have released their own material as well that of other artists..

so you're the official account of wikipedia?