Poll

What trucks are you currently riding? (on your main setup)

Ace AF1
Ace AF1 Hollow
Ace AF1 Low
Ace Classic
Mini-Logo
Indy Stage 11 Standards
Indy Stage 11 Hollow
Indy Stage 11 Forged Hollow
Indy Stage 11 Titanium
Indy Stage 4
Indy Mids
Indy Forged Mids
Krux K5
Krux K5 DLK
Lurpivs
Royal
Royal Ultra Lights
Slappys
Slappy Hollows
Tensor Alloy
Tensor Aluminum
Tensor Mag Light
Thunder Standard (team)
Thunder Team Hollow
Thunder Lights
Thunder Hollow Lights
Thunder Titanium
Venture Standard
Venture Low
Venture V-Hollow
Venture V-Light
Venture V-Cast Hollow
Venture Titanium
Film
Frankentrucks (combining multiple brands, if using parts from one brand just choose an option that uses the same baseplate)

Author Topic: Poll: What trucks are you currently riding?  (Read 7982 times)

rob

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 190
  • Lance Mountain
Re: Poll: What trucks are you currently riding?
« Reply #30 on: May 18, 2023, 11:54:46 AM »
Wow I forgot all about royals, they cost too much for what they are honestly but I did like them for the snappy pop response on most decks

136 Stage 4 stock (had some ace stocks in but the bottom bushing is too short and the geo was getting pushed back)

I try and only have 1 main board to not have to adjust but I have a couple of sitting around quivers

Mini logo with the mini logo orange bushings, standard  thunder 148 stock, might setup a cruiser esque street setup with some 146 stage 4 I just got

The mini logo and thunder setup was my previous goto but when those stage 4 got my attention when I saw some someone rocking them and i was like what are those things that have Indy baseplates and had to try, didn’t know Indy was ever even doing this but I like them. The look, the turn, the everything. Back to basics. Just a good turning solid truck.
yes

IpathCats

« Reply #31 on: May 18, 2023, 12:31:45 PM »
Lots of thunder riders up in here.

Not a single slappy, krux, or tensor rider yet.

Saw a handful of dudes riding slappy's when i was just in north carolina recently.

Yes, i know sinclair is from there, it was just kinda cool to see the local support.

Aquatic Dinosaur

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 97
« Reply #32 on: May 18, 2023, 01:00:24 PM »
Indy forged hollow for life, not because I think they are the best, but because of my inability to fully adjust to a different truck

minilogoflow

• Rep: 84
« Reply #33 on: May 18, 2023, 01:14:29 PM »
Indy 169 Titanium Hangar
Indy Cast Hollow Baseplate
Bones Hard with no washers
Riptide Pivot cups

I skate big boards so titanium hangars for weight reduction but hated the wheelbite on forged baseplates so swapped out to cast hollow. Riptides+bones hard no washers make the turn smooth and responsive but still stable enough. Haven't thought about it until now but I've spent ~$150 on this truck setup. Gotta love gear Insanity.

Roisto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 474
« Reply #34 on: May 18, 2023, 01:18:37 PM »
Ace 44 Classics. Just switched from Ace AF1 55s. Less real estate especially as I have the washers now on the outside due to a narrower deck. Turn slightly better but holy shit is the grind buttery smooth on unpainted waxed curbs. I knew there was a difference but the Classics grind like 5 times better than the AF1s. Ace should have just made a proper size run of the Classics. I loved the AF1s but now I’m feeling bummed going back to those eventually.

eSK3

« Reply #35 on: May 18, 2023, 01:19:49 PM »
Currently 144 Indy hollows
Previous: venture low, ace low, Indy 139 in that order.

Wizard0f0dds

• Rep: 72
« Reply #36 on: May 18, 2023, 01:27:17 PM »
Ace 44 Classics. Just switched from Ace AF1 55s. Less real estate especially as I have the washers now on the outside due to a narrower deck. Turn slightly better but holy shit is the grind buttery smooth on unpainted waxed curbs. I knew there was a difference but the Classics grind like 5 times better than the AF1s. Ace should have just made a proper size run of the Classics. I loved the AF1s but now I’m feeling bummed going back to those eventually.

Classics 44 were my all time favorite truck. I would still be riding them if the kingpin nut on my back truck wasn't coming loose by itself. I might just try to use a nut from a different truck, or even just go buy a set even though I bought some af1 hollows not that long ago. I'd say my time on classics was the only time where I wasn't left wanting to switch trucks all the time.

Roisto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #37 on: May 18, 2023, 01:47:03 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Classics 44 were my all time favorite truck. I would still be riding them if the kingpin nut on my back truck wasn't coming loose by itself. I might just try to use a nut from a different truck, or even just go buy a set even though I bought some af1 hollows not that long ago. I'd say my time on classics was the only time where I wasn't left wanting to switch trucks all the time.

Put some loctite there and keep on grinding. Not something you should have to do to make trucks work but fuck it, it’s worth it IMO. I put some steel epoxy in two sets of Ace 44 Classics that had the kingpins loose. Shouldn’t have to do such but it worked and I never had any issues with either pair after that and I’ve ground quite a bit of the the kingpins off as well.

Xen

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1008
  • too easy, we know your new handle...stop following
« Reply #38 on: May 18, 2023, 02:41:03 PM »
Depends on the week.

This week: Slappy IKP Hollows
« Last Edit: May 18, 2023, 07:37:39 PM by Xen »

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 40
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #39 on: May 18, 2023, 03:13:38 PM »
Stock AF1 55, love them
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

modern life is war

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -619
« Reply #40 on: May 18, 2023, 05:56:30 PM »
Indy standard stage 11 159s but i'm about to get some Ace classic 55s, i've tried to stay loyal to independent but comments like this about them have just made them too tempting to resist

You’re a Florida native, aren’t you?

Tiltmode Army Reservist

• Rep: 22
  • RIP Ben Raemers
« Reply #41 on: May 18, 2023, 06:15:30 PM »
Slappy Inverted Hollows, 8.25". So far, so good.

Before that it was a Frankenstein'd set of Indy Hollow Mids, size 144. I bought a set of the Indy Mid Baseplates and put my Stage XI Indy Hollow 144 hangers on them, with those Krux "Pink Label" downlow kingpins, and those were a damn fine pair of trucks. I just wanted to try the Slappy Trucks, that's all.

There's also a pair of 8.5" Krux K4 standards on my cruiser, but I may switch those out with another pair of Slappy's if I get the itch.
RIP Ben Raemers

Ok

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1113
« Reply #42 on: May 18, 2023, 06:23:58 PM »
Indy standard stage 11 159s but i'm about to get some Ace classic 55s, i've tried to stay loyal to independent but comments like this about them have just made them too tempting to resist

Expand Quote
[close]

159s are the best Indy’s, to me. I don’t like riding big boards. When I did ride big boards, I also really liked the classic 55s, something was kinda weird/great in mine: the bushings were noticeably more fine, and a skate key didn’t get onto the nut all that well, but however all of that worked, the pop was sooooo much better than the other classics I’ve had. It was really difficult to give ‘em away, but 8s are great (for me).
All to say, you’ll probably like em.

FatGuy92

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 581
« Reply #43 on: May 18, 2023, 07:03:20 PM »
Thunder 148 team hollows for the last few boards, but I just tossed on some Venture 5.2 v lights to switch things up a little

French manicure

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 270
« Reply #44 on: May 18, 2023, 07:11:46 PM »
Standard Indys I'd like to try some Ace's whenever I need new trucks down the line.

backside_frontside

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -300
« Reply #45 on: May 18, 2023, 07:32:55 PM »
Venture 5.2 V-Hollow Lo

manuduncan

• Rep: 23
« Reply #46 on: May 18, 2023, 07:36:36 PM »
Slappy 8.75 trucks, and i kinda love em! My next pair will probably be the same but hollow

IpathCats

« Reply #47 on: May 18, 2023, 07:37:40 PM »
Lots of ace riders showed up later in the day.

I knew there were some people that still preferred the classics, but I didn't think it was this many.

I see how people might prefer the grind, but personally it just feels too soft/slow for me.

The turn is even crazier than AF1s if that's what you're looking for.

IpathCats

« Reply #48 on: May 18, 2023, 07:40:24 PM »
Slappy 8.75 trucks, and i kinda love em! My next pair will probably be the same but hollow

Asked a couple dudes about them at the Mooresville NC skatepark, everyone seemed to enjoy them.

Have there been any major criticisms so far with Slappy's?

Reviews just make them sound like indys to me.

How are they different?

Easy Slider

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 697
« Reply #49 on: May 19, 2023, 12:25:28 AM »
Interesting thread, so far it looks like Ace and Indy are on top ex aequo at around 40 pals each, with Thunder and Venture following with around 30 pals using them. Someone could have a field day fleshing this out with stats and diagrams.
why come?

Life is too short to be angry at the Shrimp Blunt intro

Dog the Bounty Hunter

• Rep: 1
« Reply #50 on: May 19, 2023, 01:00:46 AM »
Stock AF1 55, love them

Same but now I’m questioning it when I’m hearing the claim that the classics grind “way” better?
Icehead

Roisto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #51 on: May 19, 2023, 01:44:51 AM »
Expand Quote
Stock AF1 55, love them
[close]

Same but now I’m questioning it when I’m hearing the claim that the classics grind “way” better?

The AF1s grind just fine. It’s just that on unpainted but well waxes curbs the Classics just seem to go way more effortlessly. And that’s almost all I skate, so I wouldn’t mind having the better grind all the time.  :)

Bill Salt

« Reply #52 on: May 19, 2023, 04:24:57 AM »
You forgot Film Trucks

IpathCats

« Reply #53 on: May 19, 2023, 04:56:27 AM »
You forgot Film Trucks

Yea, I feel like that's a pretty honest mistake haha.

I apologized for it on the first page.

I'll add them at the bottom, but I don't want to re arrange the whole list.

Edit: I think the only two NA results are film, I could probably just change that field to film

IpathCats

« Reply #54 on: May 19, 2023, 05:04:29 AM »
Indy 169 Titanium Hangar
Indy Cast Hollow Baseplate
Bones Hard with no washers
Riptide Pivot cups

I skate big boards so titanium hangars for weight reduction but hated the wheelbite on forged baseplates so swapped out to cast hollow. Riptides+bones hard no washers make the turn smooth and responsive but still stable enough. Haven't thought about it until now but I've spent ~$150 on this truck setup. Gotta love gear Insanity.

Can relate

Was most recently running cast plates and 149 ti hangers, riptide cups, and Indy hard bushings.

Got on this board with really steep kicks though and had to put the forged plates back on.

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 40
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #55 on: May 19, 2023, 05:26:57 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Stock AF1 55, love them
[close]

[close]

The AF1s grind just fine. It’s just that on unpainted but well waxes curbs the Classics just seem to go way more effortlessly. And that’s almost all I skate, so I wouldn’t mind having the better grind all the time.  :)
I had classics and I hated them. To me AF1 grind really nicely but I was coming from Films which grind weird.
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

shpongle

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Rep: 212
  • love everyOne and tell the truth
« Reply #56 on: May 19, 2023, 07:04:03 AM »
No suprise ACE trucks are in the lead haha. I think ace trucks has a fantastic marketing strategy that doesn’t seem so bro-ish vibes like INDY. Kind of marketing to the nerds and hippies and beatniks. Also, ace trucks without a doubt is the funnest truck to skate since it feels like surfing or something like that.

IpathCats

« Reply #57 on: May 19, 2023, 07:08:12 AM »
No suprise ACE trucks are in the lead haha. I think ace trucks has a fantastic marketing strategy that doesn’t seem so bro-ish vibes like INDY. Kind of marketing to the nerds and hippies and beatniks. Also, ace trucks without a doubt is the funnest truck to skate since it feels like surfing or something like that.

At the time you wrote this ace had 43 and Indy had 49

Not a contest or anything, just for statistics.

Thebird

• Rep: 158
« Reply #58 on: May 19, 2023, 07:12:11 AM »
Venture cast hollow.  They have been my favorites sibce they released.

Fast_Freddie

• Rep: 61
    • SOMD Skateboard Association avatar image
« Reply #59 on: May 19, 2023, 09:12:51 AM »
Indy Titanium 139 with must have aftermarket Hard Black Indy Conical Bushings