Author Topic: Pig Rails problem  (Read 2572 times)

Saint Coke

Pig Rails problem
« on: May 23, 2020, 03:08:14 PM »
Hello pals, I just set up a brand new board and decided to buy rails and revisit them again. Well here's the problem. The screw hole seems to be too small for the screws I got sent. I tried pre drilling and that didn't seem to help, should I get new screws? Has this happened to anyone else before? Shoulda got rib bones...

YungJugg

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 229
Re: Pig Rails problem
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2020, 03:48:20 PM »
Odd, the screws that came with mine fit perfect. The head of your screw can’t fit through the hole? You do want it to catch on the plastic on the bottom, if it could slide through all the way the rail wouldnt stay attached.

In my case, two screws eventually loosened, which wasn’t a big deal, just bought better screws and double downed with wood glue.

The screws I bought are Everbilt Zinc Wood Screws Flat Head Phillips #6 x 1/2in. Great replacement, and if you dip the screw in wood glue or put a drop in the deck’s screw hole it will stay secure. Hope this helps!

« Last Edit: May 23, 2020, 03:52:13 PM by YungJugg »

Yesterdays-pop

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -388
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2020, 04:09:53 PM »
You probably just need a drill.
Pretty much any screw can get pushed/drilled through a metal stud with no pre-drilling if you push hard enough so a lil piece of plastic with a hole should easy. So get a drill and put the screw through the hole and into your board and don’t overturn it, once it’s tight it’s good.
If you don’t have a drill you’re just going to have to push really hard when you turn the screw or put the screws into the rail before putting it into your board.
Having the hole be smaller is actually good and will keep it tight.
I just super glued a rail on that had gotten partially stripped out and it’s worked for a few sessions so far so rails definitely have some issues but pig are what I would go with.

Saint Coke

« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2020, 09:33:22 PM »
You probably just need a drill.
Pretty much any screw can get pushed/drilled through a metal stud with no pre-drilling if you push hard enough so a lil piece of plastic with a hole should easy. So get a drill and put the screw through the hole and into your board and don’t overturn it, once it’s tight it’s good.
If you don’t have a drill you’re just going to have to push really hard when you turn the screw or put the screws into the rail before putting it into your board.
Having the hole be smaller is actually good and will keep it tight.
I just super glued a rail on that had gotten partially stripped out and it’s worked for a few sessions so far so rails definitely have some issues but pig are what I would go with.
Sad thing is, I do have a drill and tried it. Figured I'll replace screws.

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1176
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2020, 09:50:42 PM »
Trouble screwing your pig, huh?  Sounds like my honeymoon!
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

ol dirty bama

• Rep: 9
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2020, 09:58:56 PM »
I work at a shop, and almost none of the holes are big enough for the screw heads. But we just got another order of them in, and tum yeto fixed it, and included a whole extra set of screws with heads that fit.
you win some, you lose more.

144p

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1080
    • 35th Ave Skates avatar image
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2020, 10:44:24 PM »
Yeah they had bad batch.

saltusnaut

• Rep: 36
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2020, 12:50:35 AM »
Got a set just recently. The screws didn't fit. One didn't even have threads.

Alois Hitler Jr.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -389
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
  • User is banned from postingMuted
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2020, 02:42:55 AM »

Hey Norm

9/11 was a national tragedy

Big Baby Jesus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 264
    • Suciu avatar image
« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2020, 05:09:38 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Hey Norm

Norm!!
flat spotted 3 times in 2 weeks, other than that awesome wheels

Baby is gonna be raised by Max and Cyrus

padded_shorts

• Rep: 5
« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2020, 07:46:47 AM »
Hello pals, I just set up a brand new board and decided to buy rails and revisit them again. Well here's the problem. The screw hole seems to be too small for the screws I got sent. I tried pre drilling and that didn't seem to help, should I get new screws? Has this happened to anyone else before? Shoulda got rib bones...
Get new screws. I had the same problem.
No.

Saint Coke

« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2020, 01:06:18 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Should I get them from a hardware store?

Skrotum

• Rep: 12
« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2020, 01:36:25 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

Yeah that's what I did. I went to home depot, just brought the stock pig screws that had too big of a head and found some screws that were the same size except had a smaller head. Worked perfectly now I always use non-stock deck rail screws.

radcunt

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 502
    • FARTPISS DOGCUM avatar image
« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2020, 06:32:04 AM »
Pig rails a fucked.  Bought them once, the screws were shit and they're too think.  Went back to Bones, those Bones screws are sick

Saint Coke

« Reply #14 on: May 25, 2020, 10:43:32 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
[close]

Yeah that's what I did. I went to home depot, just brought the stock pig screws that had too big of a head and found some screws that were the same size except had a smaller head. Worked perfectly now I always use non-stock deck rail screws.
I will when I can.