Author Topic: Primitive Skate "Never" video  (Read 15407 times)

DCLOVE

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -487
Re: Primitive Skate "Never" video
« Reply #90 on: June 14, 2018, 11:12:37 AM »
When Frank first came out slap was saying "dude is sick", now Im surprised with the hate.

To me dude is like CK1 got unlimited skills on all terrains.
Seriously I’ve seen him at the vans park and he does the hardest shit just cruising around. It’s rad . I like his weird quick foot dork trick lines a lot too. Also wade is just amazing glad he’s on a company where we get consistent footage now.
PINE 2009, 2010, 2011, 2020, PINE STILL MAKIN' MONEY.

Robert Baratheon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 40
« Reply #91 on: June 14, 2018, 12:28:07 PM »
This was very good. The skating was serious but the tone of video wasn't. It was Ty Evans-ish but with restraint.

butterballs for jerry

• Rep: -56
« Reply #92 on: June 14, 2018, 02:00:43 PM »
Only like two things about the video that kinda took away from it: excessive drone shots and a lack of spot diversity. I don't think there was one bank in that whole video.

When Brian peacock first came out it was insane, it seemed like he could do anything and was stanceless. After a while though all the spinning on the ground and not really popping his 270's out of stuff (inevitably some sort of switch back tail) along with a really repetitive trick selection has left him meh for the most part in my book. The tailslide to fakie nosemanny 180 drop down to nosemanny was crazy though.

That was definitely my favorite p-rod footage to date. No laser flips or nollie late flips and just really properly executed tricks.

Sick
I was standing staring at the world, and I still can't see it

TheDraught

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -65239
  • Team -65K
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #93 on: June 14, 2018, 02:31:51 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Always blows my mind how many Slap heads seem to love Franky Vilani. Can't stand his style and most of his trick selection.

Devine looks like a weird alien but his skating was surprisingly decent.

Bastian was underwhelming. Has he put out a proper part since that Flip footage got released 10 years late.

P Rod killed it. Love the switch fs blunt flip out. So fast and landed so far past the end of the ledge.

All in all, the skating all felt a bit similar. Lots of goofy footed skaters doing bs 180 nosegrind variations. Too many 5cm long tech grind/slide combos.

Not sure why I watched this as I knew it wasn't my thing even before hand.
[close]

Bastian had an very hard knee injuriy for the last 2,5 Years. glad to see him skate again

and yes he had an full part on Jart a couple years ago 
[close]
Thank you for posting this. When healthy he is a fucking beast!! Those high speed kf back tails and the fucking cab flips!!

GOAT

listentoaheartbeat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 187
« Reply #94 on: June 14, 2018, 03:32:31 PM »
Only like two things about the video that kinda took away from it: excessive drone shots and a lack of spot diversity. I don't think there was one bank in that whole video.

Obviously centered around ledges and benches, but it's not like they didn't leave LA. By the way, Bastien does a Bs Double Kickflip on a bank, and Trent does a Fs Bigspin bank to bank.

butterballs for jerry

• Rep: -56
« Reply #95 on: June 14, 2018, 04:28:45 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Obviously centered around ledges and benches, but it's not like they didn't leave LA. By the way, Bastien does a Bs Double Kickflip on a bank, and Trent does a Fs Bigspin bank to bank.

Alright but that's two tricks in a half hour. Might be the most ledge-centric video I've ever seen
I was standing staring at the world, and I still can't see it

G raham

• Rep: -49
« Reply #96 on: June 15, 2018, 05:39:38 AM »
P rod hear me out. Your brands strange. Like i know one guy atmy local who digs it. But let this next part overshadow what feelings you have towards aforementioned tenfold - you are, have been, and will be a complete gift to skateboarding. You are one of the best ever. Thankyou.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2018, 05:41:55 AM by G raham »
Well guys, there's nothing better than getting out there and skateboarding. - Shane O'Neill.

Jud Nestorkins

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -60
  • Only YOU can prevent corporate espionage.
« Reply #97 on: June 16, 2018, 12:25:05 AM »
I fucking loved this video but I’m  sad at the lack of praise for Robert Neal. He has quite possibly the best style ever.

I also love anytime someone does a nollie front heel over something skinny (like a bump to pole or in this part, over that pimple).
« Last Edit: June 16, 2018, 12:33:18 AM by Jud Nestorkins »

thebacker

« Reply #98 on: June 16, 2018, 12:22:16 PM »
I fucking loved this video but I’m  sad at the lack of praise for Robert Neal. He has quite possibly the best style ever.

I also love anytime someone does a nollie front heel over something skinny (like a bump to pole or in this part, over that pimple).

« Last Edit: June 16, 2018, 03:42:37 PM by DaveFuck »

MyUserName

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 175
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #99 on: June 16, 2018, 03:33:54 PM »
Here's what I thought of the video:

Global Moderator

« Reply #100 on: June 16, 2018, 06:29:28 PM »
Here's what I thought of the video:

Seriously, all that cut away and drone footage in every skate video can go away forever.

Jud Nestorkins

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -60
  • Only YOU can prevent corporate espionage.
« Reply #101 on: June 16, 2018, 08:24:28 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I don’t know. I guess I just like how he does shit in a super different way than most but still makes it look super sick. Like the switch heel down the double set in the intro, the switch varial heel down that three block in China, or the nollie big heel @13:58

« Last Edit: June 16, 2018, 09:25:49 PM by Jud Nestorkins »

Hypnotoad

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 158
« Reply #102 on: June 16, 2018, 09:27:05 PM »
Just watched it again.  Trent is something else, man.
What a friggin power team.

EARL***THE***PEARL

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -112
  • MR.MADN3SSS LOVES YOU... NT MM
« Reply #103 on: June 18, 2018, 12:31:10 PM »
WE LOVE YOU WADE.D

streetsoup

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -32
« Reply #104 on: June 19, 2018, 04:38:38 PM »
Damn that was sick. Primitive more or less coming correct with todays version of a full-length. Franky is a breath of fresh air on this team of nollie inwardheel noseslides, and I hope he bounces to Shanes new thing.
Was bummed to have no Prod footage until the afterblack part. He sure came through and produced a pretty sick street part after saying that he was over it. That was tight.

TommyDuggs

• Rep: 1
« Reply #105 on: June 21, 2018, 07:23:57 PM »
I don't think Carlos Ribeiro popped a single trick regular. I don't really like that but he also undoubtedly killed it.

EDIT: Fuck I hadn't seen the front lip. That was tight.