Author Topic: Vans Plans  (Read 49774 times)

Murray Hewitt

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 56
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Vans Plans
« on: July 27, 2018, 07:37:45 PM »
Is there possibly a video and team announcement brewing at Vans? Over past few months seems like a few people have been wearing just Vans after leaving their fully 'on' spot at other companies.

Kader: Emerica to Vans - Young, good future investment
Jerry: Emerica to Vans - Could be reaching a 'legend' status soon. Colorways on classic models could sell for years to come.
Axel: New Balance to Vans - Toy Machine video soon. Axel and Lizzy couple shared part.
Greyson Fletcher: Nike to Vans - Fits the gnar bowl thrashin hesh big air criteria

CK1 is seems to just be bro flow.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2018, 07:51:00 PM by ajp »

Powdered Toast Man!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 169
  • (aka mex.ceferino)
Re: Vans Plans
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2018, 08:25:41 PM »
Ben k cons to vans bc there was already a shaved head punk rocker dude with the same highwaters and shoes on hockey/ supreme but french

I just want everyone to know that I'm only 32.8% skateboarder, and that's on a good day. The rest is just soy and cum.

Powdered Toast Man!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 169
  • (aka mex.ceferino)
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2018, 08:30:50 PM »
But really, everyone knows vans is usually the default brand for pros in shoe sponsor limbo

I just want everyone to know that I'm only 32.8% skateboarder, and that's on a good day. The rest is just soy and cum.

planman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 374
  • Morpheus drinking a 40 in a death basket
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2018, 09:38:25 PM »
Pretty sure Kadow is just on pro flow, same is probably true for Axel and Greyson, possibly Hsu too. Their pro flow team is massive. Only dude I could see them pushing hard is Kader because he's killing it super hard and has already been getting mad coverage.

I saw your mom do a ollie to cooch drop straight down the big black pole, it was gnarly. she defiantly shut that shit down

rejectpaul

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -48
  • No sense makes sense.
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2018, 03:38:50 AM »
Ben k cons to vans bc there was already a shaved head punk rocker dude with the same highwaters and shoes on hockey/ supreme but french

lol
Ty Evans doesn't do what Ty Evans does for Ty Evans. Ty Evans does what Ty Evans does because Ty Evans is... Ty Evans

Todd Falcon > Tony Hawk

cosmicgypsies

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 630
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2018, 03:43:01 AM »
hopefully they can take this new found energy from the young blood and put it into making soles that dont disintegrate in less than a month

rejectpaul

• SLAP Pal
  • No sense makes sense.
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2018, 03:46:55 AM »
imagine everyone starts leaving their nike/adidas/nb/cons sponnos and goes to Vans and then Vans becomes the big 1 and everyone hates vans and then nike and adidas crumble in all aspects of their brand whether it be basketball, tennis football.. and then become a core skate brand and then its cool to like them again because i remember when it was cool to like nike in the pre 'janoski shoe' and 'lets take every rider from their current team by offering them loads of money and sk8ter outfits' days. and then that all goes to hell and then adio and airwalk and duffs comes back to life and people wear them and then circa and osiris make really good full lengths, and then lakai start to make a newfull length and ty evans dies half way through filming, so they start again and its an awesome video and lakai never suck again and jamie thomas digs fallen out of the grave everything has come full circle and lakai/emerica/fallen rule the footwear market again and everything is okay and thats good because thats how i like it then the world implodes and skating never sucks again because it finished on top
Ty Evans doesn't do what Ty Evans does for Ty Evans. Ty Evans does what Ty Evans does because Ty Evans is... Ty Evans

Todd Falcon > Tony Hawk

stranded

« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2018, 05:01:44 AM »
If Ben is on Vans, it’s probably to go on trips with AA and that Dalton Newbury kid (plus AVE, Dill & Elijah) since the other Hockey guys are on Nike.

Zurg

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 694
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2018, 07:57:28 AM »
They are starting a B team, kinda like Nikes “Core” program with Cyrus and all the 917 dudes.

Jerry and CK1 are just bro flow, nothings happening with them.

But Kayder, Ben K, Axel, the Canadians, are all about to have their own little squad

kinda crazy that those guys will be the b-team, but thats cool for the canadians. also kinda crazy jerry is just bro flow for a company

plasticsurgerydisasters

• Rep: -2
« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2018, 08:01:12 AM »
If Ben is on Vans, it’s probably to go on trips with AA and that Dalton Newbury kid (plus AVE, Dill & Elijah) since the other Hockey guys are on Nike.
dalton stopped getting boards from FA/Hockey

FS-OverKOOK

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 45
« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2018, 08:03:20 AM »
imagine everyone starts leaving their nike/adidas/nb/cons sponnos and goes to Vans and then Vans becomes the big 1 and everyone hates vans and then nike and adidas crumble in all aspects of their brand whether it be basketball, tennis football.. and then become a core skate brand and then its cool to like them again because i remember when it was cool to like nike in the pre 'janoski shoe' and 'lets take every rider from their current team by offering them loads of money and sk8ter outfits' days. and then that all goes to hell and then adio and airwalk and duffs comes back to life and people wear them and then circa and osiris make really good full lengths, and then lakai start to make a newfull length and ty evans dies half way through filming, so they start again and its an awesome video and lakai never suck again and jamie thomas digs fallen out of the grave everything has come full circle and lakai/emerica/fallen rule the footwear market again and everything is okay and thats good because thats how i like it then the
world implodes and skating never sucks again because it finished on top
find that period button.

pointandclick

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 245
« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2018, 09:07:34 AM »
Expand Quote
They are starting a B team, kinda like Nikes “Core” program with Cyrus and all the 917 dudes.

But Kayder, Ben K, Axel, the Canadians, are all about to have their own little squad
[close]

kinda crazy that those guys will be the b-team, but thats cool for the canadians. also kinda crazy jerry is just bro flow for a company
which canadians?

Watson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2265
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2018, 09:51:44 AM »
But really, everyone knows vans is usually the default brand for pros in shoe sponsor limbo

2018 Old Skool Pro is the 2000 Koston 1.

el chino

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -376
  • ants suck!
« Reply #13 on: July 28, 2018, 01:08:27 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
which canadians?
the ones from canada
<iframe class="imgur-album" width="100%" height="550" frameborder="0" src="http://imgur.com/a/8ph4y/embed"></iframe>

Dwyck

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 150
  • Harley-Davidson Ironwing
« Reply #14 on: July 28, 2018, 03:07:33 PM »
like bluchdell and dustin henry and et and them?
Regular stance is a mental disorder defined by the DSM-5

jpmulls

• Rep: 6
« Reply #15 on: July 28, 2018, 05:05:34 PM »
I'm interested to see what they do with Cole Wilson

deluxxxe

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 46
« Reply #16 on: July 28, 2018, 05:28:41 PM »
Pretty sure Kadow is just on pro flow, same is probably true for Axel and Greyson, possibly Hsu too. Their pro flow team is massive. Only dude I could see them pushing hard is Kader because he's killing it super hard and has already been getting mad coverage.

pretty sure kader and axel explicitly left emerica and nb# to get on vans.

drunkenshredder

• Rep: -135
« Reply #17 on: July 29, 2018, 12:04:02 AM »
Reaching far on this subject...Not too many shoe options out there that don't suck. Vans is crushing it and supporting riders. change topic to Vans Appreciation..

brucewillis

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 35
  • Die Hard. www.casualskateshop.com.br
« Reply #18 on: July 30, 2018, 05:34:37 AM »

Euro TM?

streetsoup

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -32
« Reply #19 on: July 30, 2018, 09:29:50 AM »
imagine everyone starts leaving their nike/adidas/nb/cons sponnos and goes to Vans and then Vans becomes the big 1 and everyone hates vans and then nike and adidas crumble in all aspects of their brand whether it be basketball, tennis football.. and then become a core skate brand and then its cool to like them again because i remember when it was cool to like nike in the pre 'janoski shoe' and 'lets take every rider from their current team by offering them loads of money and sk8ter outfits' days. and then that all goes to hell and then adio and airwalk and duffs comes back to life and people wear them and then circa and osiris make really good full lengths, and then lakai start to make a newfull length and ty evans dies half way through filming, so they start again and its an awesome video and lakai never suck again and jamie thomas digs fallen out of the grave everything has come full circle and lakai/emerica/fallen rule the footwear market again and everything is okay and thats good because thats how i like it then the world implodes and skating never sucks again because it finished on top
we would just love that wouldn't we

dirtywork81

• Rep: 16
« Reply #20 on: July 30, 2018, 09:43:33 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]
Euro TM?

Im so torn what to do with vans these days. I do appreciated all the money they give back into skateboarding and I do enjoy skating in them. On the other hand, it makes me cringe when I walk into a mall and see vans in every store. Do i really want to be wearing a brand carried at DSW? I know vans has been carried in sports stores for a very long time but the shoes were so different that it almost was like two separate brands. Now they have all these modified versions of the classics and just name them something else.

As an identity of a skateboarder I don't want to be under the same class as everyone else. Is it just me that feels this way?

rejectpaul

• SLAP Pal
  • No sense makes sense.
« Reply #21 on: July 30, 2018, 09:49:51 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
Euro TM?
[close]

Im so torn what to do with vans these days. I do appreciated all the money they give back into skateboarding and I do enjoy skating in them. On the other hand, it makes me cringe when I walk into a mall and see vans in every store. Do i really want to be wearing a brand carried at DSW? I know vans has been carried in sports stores for a very long time but the shoes were so different that it almost was like two separate brands. Now they have all these modified versions of the classics and just name them something else.

As an identity of a skateboarder I don't want to be under the same class as everyone else. Is it just me that feels this way?

just buy Lakai/Emerica?

i feel ya though

Todd Falcon > Tony Hawk

SodaJerk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1085
  • Butterscotch yo!
« Reply #22 on: July 30, 2018, 10:13:36 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
Euro TM?
[close]

[close]

just buy Lakai/Emerica?

i feel ya though
Yeah because they market themselves exclusively to skateboarders.

Jerkstore

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -154
« Reply #23 on: July 30, 2018, 10:23:26 AM »
vans are great, even though everyone wears them I still think skaters look more kooky in a pair of nikes or addidas

plus skate shoes are expensive, whereas with vans you can get a pair of cheap slip-ons for like 30$

se7en3two

• Rep: -24
« Reply #24 on: July 30, 2018, 10:40:03 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
dalton stopped getting boards from FA/Hockey

Wonder what happened FA, was kinda diggin Jewbury's clips. Reminds me of Tfunk a bit.

Craig Lutzka

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 296
« Reply #25 on: July 30, 2018, 11:16:37 AM »
The quality of their shoes is horrible that's why you get them for 30 bucks. I went in a vans outlet store recently there was nothing core about it. The manager was showing customers shoes and then telling them the appropriate outfit to wear with them

SodaJerk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1085
  • Butterscotch yo!
« Reply #26 on: July 30, 2018, 01:10:31 PM »
The quality of their shoes is horrible that's why you get them for 30 bucks. I went in a vans outlet store recently there was nothing core about it. The manager was showing customers shoes and then telling them the appropriate outfit to wear with them
Did he recommend a fedora?

brucewillis

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 35
  • Die Hard. www.casualskateshop.com.br
« Reply #27 on: July 30, 2018, 01:25:59 PM »
My cousin once bought a authentic pro for 9 bucks in a vans outlet store.

planman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 374
  • Morpheus drinking a 40 in a death basket
« Reply #28 on: July 30, 2018, 01:34:29 PM »
Vans are great. I oughta get me a pair of Crocketts at some point.

I saw your mom do a ollie to cooch drop straight down the big black pole, it was gnarly. she defiantly shut that shit down

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1430
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #29 on: July 30, 2018, 01:54:51 PM »
culturally at this point old skools and authentics are just mainstream sneakers with skate heritage. whereas i feel like skate-his still have the skateshoe awareness with most people that buy them.

what i mean is that many people that wear old skools and authentics today are oblivious to the fact that skaters actually still skate in these, even tho regular authentics are like the worst shoes to skate in and old skools fit inconsistently. vans in general are still subpar skateshoes in regards to how well they hold up and how well they fit. they skate good for three days, then feel like crap, not including halfcabs.

i still buy vans from time to time because i like how they look so when i see a cheap pair of old skools or halfcabs that fits well i usually get them. it's a bit like with levis 501s, you have to try them on, because they fit a little differently everytime, but you can get em cheap and it's a classic, if boring look.