Poll

How do the Slap pals celebrate Christmas?

On the 24 th. in the evening like  many places in Northern Europe
23 (39%)
On the 25 th. in the morning
24 (40.7%)
Early January - Russian Christmas
0 (0%)
Not at all - like most of the worlds populations ( 6 billion)
4 (6.8%)
Hail skatan - I don't care it's a holiday
8 (13.6%)

Total Members Voted: 58

Author Topic: Slap pals different Christmas celebrations?  (Read 1125 times)

benboardbreaker

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 49
Slap pals different Christmas celebrations?
« on: December 23, 2022, 10:58:18 PM »
Since skateboarding is world wide and it seems like people are from all over the world on this board. I just wanted to make this little poll about how people celebrate Christmas on this board, to see the demographics of this board. We have just turned 8 billion people in the whole world this year. Only 2 billion celebrate Christmas according to statistics.

My assumption is that it is mainly western and South American countries that celebrate Christmas and more likely to have a large skateboard population (not that there is a correlation between the two). I might be wrong. I hope I am wrong.

There are also different dates that the celebration happens. Here where I live in Denmark, it is the biggest holiday we have. and we celebrate it on the evening of the 24 th. which is different from other places in the world.

Thank you guys for a good year. Always fun to learn new things about this one thing we really like that is skateboarding.

Peace out.  8)

vinithebr

• Rep: -20
Re: Slap pals different Christmas celebrations?
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2022, 11:23:32 PM »
25th in Brasil, but it's also sorta like new year celebration from 24 to 25 so it gets a bit confusing, I don't know much and never cared about it either way.

I'd completely ignore the date since I live with my s.o and neither of us give a shit but family is still family so I'll be visiting a few people this sunday.

One thing I find funny is how unfitting it is to see Xmas decoration with fake snow cozy santas etc considering it is a hot summer here.

Shifty Flip

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 303
  • and the whistle is screaming
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2022, 01:30:10 AM »
Coneklr Slap Christmas is missed.

Síota

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 800
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2022, 02:12:53 AM »
25th in Brasil, but it's also sorta like new year celebration from 24 to 25 so it gets a bit confusing, I don't know much and never cared about it either way.

I'd completely ignore the date since I live with my s.o and neither of us give a shit but family is still family so I'll be visiting a few people this sunday.

One thing I find funny is how unfitting it is to see Xmas decoration with fake snow cozy santas etc considering it is a hot summer here.
I spent a few years in New Zealand (coming from North America/Europe) and found it strange also, like surfing Santa cards and crap. We had bbq's for Christmas and went swimming. Was cool actually, especially New Years Eve in the middle of Summer, like beach party's to bring in the new year was great.
That said I really don't care about it other than I get a few weeks off work.

ExpensiveHandjoe

• Rep: 23
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2022, 02:17:59 AM »
Le pere noel ne existe pas

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 856
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2022, 03:35:45 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]
I spent a few years in New Zealand (coming from North America/Europe) and found it strange also, like surfing Santa cards and crap. We had bbq's for Christmas and went swimming. Was cool actually, especially New Years Eve in the middle of Summer, like beach party's to bring in the new year was great.
It's like an in joke or something that's gone wrong. Like it looking dumb and being out of place is kind of the point.

vinithebr

• Rep: -20
« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2022, 07:29:25 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Huh, by law we get 2 days off here and that's it, 25th and 1st, at least sometimes we get special shifts for 1 week or 2

HeavyAndExpensive

• Rep: 114
« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2022, 08:12:03 AM »
My family celebrates Christmas Eve as well as Christmas Day. Food and family gift exchange the evening of the 24th, and more food and gifts Christmas Day- but it’s more like a big lunch cause festivities are over by 4 or 5.

dmtr

• Rep: 20
« Reply #8 on: December 24, 2022, 09:02:30 AM »
My family celebrates Christmas Eve as well as Christmas Day. Food and family gift exchange the evening of the 24th, and more food and gifts Christmas Day- but it’s more like a big lunch cause festivities are over by 4 or 5.

Exactly the same here!

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1188
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #9 on: December 24, 2022, 09:43:22 AM »
Christmas Eve feast then huge beer pong tournament with family, neighbors, and  family friends. Haven’t done it in a few years so everyone’s stoked. Select people step out and hit the bong. Been saving up kief for this year.
Open presents on Christmas Day. Stockings always have scratch off tickets and candy. One of my brothers has always handed out the presents but he’s married now so we’ll see.
Card games/ board games after opening presents before everyone leaves

Does your grandma hit the bong too?
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

cky enthusiast

« Reply #10 on: December 24, 2022, 09:53:42 AM »
i’m neck deep in kwanzaa rn

Gab

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 263
« Reply #11 on: December 24, 2022, 10:29:56 AM »
Expand Quote
Christmas Eve feast then huge beer pong tournament with family, neighbors, and  family friends. Haven’t done it in a few years so everyone’s stoked. Select people step out and hit the bong. Been saving up kief for this year.
Open presents on Christmas Day. Stockings always have scratch off tickets and candy. One of my brothers has always handed out the presents but he’s married now so we’ll see.
Card games/ board games after opening presents before everyone leaves
[close]

Does your grandma hit the bong too?

My grandma did RIP. Or she would just be like “can y’all blow that smoke my way”, or just chill in the hotbox.

We usually celebrate on the 25th, but me and my gf both have split custody of our respective children so we did it yesterday (23rd) when the kids got off school. It’s all about the kyiiiids! I won’t have my kid on Xmas, and don’t have work, so I’ll probably just chill and skate. My gf got me a new deck, and a pizza peel for Xmas so I’m definitely gonna try those out tomorrow!

Freelancevagrant

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1560
« Reply #12 on: December 24, 2022, 10:55:08 AM »
I celebrate Christmas as all my fellow Jewish pals do, go see a movie and eat Chinese food.
Well I have like 9 Andy Anderson dated flight decks.

Lou Strux

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2209
  • The Swede is down at Venice Beach, shove off!
« Reply #13 on: December 24, 2022, 01:15:21 PM »
In my house, we don’t do Christmas.
We celebrate a REAL American holiday: Toyotathon.

I wanna play you in a game of SKATE for the right to continue talking shit on me.  You think you got me?

HeavyAndExpensive

• Rep: 114
« Reply #14 on: December 24, 2022, 01:58:50 PM »
Last Christmas Eve I ended up watching Gang Green and Bunny Hop with my dad. I started watching them before my parents came home and my parents came home in the middle of me watching gang green or something. It was fun cause my dad knows nothing about skating but he like “this is cool.”

CrumblingInfrastructure

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 297
« Reply #15 on: December 24, 2022, 02:13:10 PM »
Coneklr Slap Christmas is missed.

Same, He lived like an hour south from me and we talked a few times about linking up and skating Longacres DIY but it never panned out. Hope they’re doing well.

Lenny the Fatface

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 330
« Reply #16 on: December 24, 2022, 05:56:15 PM »
If things go as planned it’s gifts in the morning, then I disappear in an abyss of watching football and basketball.

Newphone

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -512
« Reply #17 on: December 24, 2022, 06:11:07 PM »
Pay with a bunch of kids toys, hopefully one with four wheels and some grip tape after that if they’re down

Natas Fauxas

« Reply #18 on: December 25, 2022, 12:05:15 AM »