Author Topic: Move over Supreme. $1400 Mama Skate pants are in town.  (Read 64416 times)

stets

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Rep: 106
Re: Move over Supreme. $1400 Mama Skate pants are in town.
« Reply #180 on: September 09, 2021, 04:44:13 PM »
I bought some of the basic Mama chino pants for like what, $80, two years ago? I had seen Marissa a bunch at parks around and she seemed cool and genuine. I think she was getting flowed NB# at the time. Anyways, I thought it was a cool little effort to support, made in USA, and was worth trying out at least to see if they worked for me.

Gotta say, I wasn't impressed by the build quality. Stitching was inconsistent and no double stitching where you need it, no bar tacks or rivets. They fit weird and blew out pretty quick. The material felt like a stretch woven I could buy by the yard on clearance at Joann Fabric.

Looking at the pics of that pant and the new versions on the website, it looks like they haven't updated the material or the build quality.

Calling these Luxury and charging 18x the price I paid two years ago is beyond dumb. It proves that she's of her rocker a bit. She's in a less far-reaching type of the echo chamber influencers find themselves in... where these cornballs go by their kinda lame instagram handles, think literally anything they do is cool and groundbreaking, and no one keeps them in check. It's the Only Fans trickle-down, "pay me" is the mantra because they have an only mildly defendable sense of self-worth. Illusions of Grandeur, I believe is what Marissa and her sister have.
Quote from: augustmoon
lol, don't let my sticker job keep you up at night, buddy

Hinna

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 74
« Reply #181 on: September 09, 2021, 05:45:27 PM »

Double Thick Filbert

• Rep: -56
« Reply #182 on: September 09, 2021, 09:07:51 PM »
This to all my hatin hoes and old hoes seein me get GUAP

DaleSr

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1424
« Reply #183 on: September 09, 2021, 09:38:12 PM »

Underrated big Sean track

Clemskiba

• Rep: 50
  • almost canadian
« Reply #184 on: September 09, 2021, 11:07:44 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Underrated big Sean track

supreme steel drums in there for sure (no pun intended)

We're all posting on a message board in 2022. We're all losers.

Grey Poupon

• Rep: 1
« Reply #185 on: September 09, 2021, 11:37:49 PM »
Will Sean Pablo be bringing it down the pipe for some Big Mama's?

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1184
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #186 on: September 09, 2021, 11:53:42 PM »
Joke’s on her: people have been calling me a pussy for decades.  I just don’t feel the need to go around bragging about it.
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

iknowisuck

• Rep: 2
« Reply #187 on: September 10, 2021, 01:22:09 AM »
Why are you guys all talking about their asses; they're nothing special. Even mine is way fatter, firmer, and voluptuous.
Jokes on clothing < cutting off your foreskin with a chainsaw

HeavyAndExpensive

• Rep: 114
« Reply #188 on: September 10, 2021, 05:11:24 AM »
Skate Orifice

franquietits

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 62
« Reply #189 on: September 10, 2021, 05:18:54 AM »
here's a pretty recent video of her talking about her brand:

To a small extent I understand the idea about creating a sense of brand status and exclusivity through a high price tag, but man... kinda feel bad her. It just seems like it could either work somehow, or create huge distrust with her customer base -- very risky.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2021, 05:49:46 AM by franquietits »

RichardBarkley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -762
« Reply #190 on: September 10, 2021, 05:28:35 AM »
Ripping people off is risky
I want to fight you so badly richard
Please give me your address ill make it my life goal to punsh your face in

PuffinMuffin

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1433
« Reply #191 on: September 10, 2021, 07:13:07 AM »
Expand Quote
Someone should run her design and call them skatemom pants and charge appropriately…I don’t get my sewing machine til January otherwise I’d be all over it
[close]

Expand Quote
Tony pantalones is happening?!?!

Do it!
[close]
Alright, then Tony, my mate… You’ve got 1 month until your rig arrives. That’s roughly 4 weeks to get your new brand/company, Skateboard Mother, (whose logo is a big juicy peach, with back-pockets on each side of the cleft) up and running.
Chop-chop, opportunity is a’knocking.
Sign me up for the 1st pair, while you’re at it.

Lemme fire up Illustrator. We got you Tony! Enjoy that cease and desist.

i’m 80% skateboarder 20% atlantic puffin enthusiast

toe_knee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 214
  • Get bent
« Reply #192 on: September 10, 2021, 07:35:28 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Someone should run her design and call them skatemom pants and charge appropriately…I don’t get my sewing machine til January otherwise I’d be all over it
[close]

Expand Quote

Do it!
[close]
Alright, then Tony, my mate… You’ve got 1 month until your rig arrives. That’s roughly 4 weeks to get your new brand/company, Skateboard Mother, (whose logo is a big juicy peach, with back-pockets on each side of the cleft) up and running.
[close]

Wooooah…..I’m gonna have to actually do this now, good thing my mom has an embroidery machine
You want some queso?”
Dan Drehobl to me at make a wish, while handing me a hotdog

Cool Ceith

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 614
  • Did someone say sassy?
« Reply #193 on: September 10, 2021, 08:15:47 AM »
If you buy 2 pairs you get free shipping though…
;D ngl big factor for me too

Lou Strux

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2224
  • The Swede is down at Venice Beach, shove off!
« Reply #194 on: September 10, 2021, 08:25:08 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Expand Quote

Do it!
[close]
[close]

@PuffinMuffin you are officially a legit G in my book.
Have a gnar.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2021, 12:31:29 PM by Lou Strux »

I wanna play you in a game of SKATE for the right to continue talking shit on me.  You think you got me?

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 144
« Reply #195 on: September 10, 2021, 08:52:20 AM »
Ripping people off is risky

yeah but its typical action from many wealthy people.

Vomit Lust

• Rep: 83
« Reply #196 on: September 10, 2021, 11:08:24 AM »
If you’re making monthly payments on a beanie you need to be on that Britney Spears shit where your dad handles all your money.

I remember when I thought that Skategoat dude was pretty rad. Ever since the Berrics thing I look at him completely different. Fastest kook out ever?

Billy Bitchcakes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 473
  • Q U I T E S T Y L I S H
« Reply #197 on: September 10, 2021, 11:21:10 AM »
The magnetic moniker "skatepussy" caught my eye as a 33-year-old woman. I yearned to know more and found this captivating interview by a budding cannabis-infused beverage company. I learned the dame is in the erotica business, and has "long-ass rose fingernails" which do not hamper her joint-rolling proficiency. She's also a "daring" professional skateboarder and an inspiring rapper. She also vocally laments, passionately, the discriminatory practices in the world of professional skateboarding against women skaters.

“I’m gonna make my boards and make myself a pro,” she said firmly. “I’m not gonna wait in line for a greasy, wrinkled, guy to take a percentage of my board money. If I’m risking my livelihood, I want to make 100 percent of my money. I’m building my lemonade stand and y’all can wait in line.”

Good on her saying something so brave yet so controversial. She then goes on to inform younger readers to “buy an ounce and a vibrator.” A real life coach.

Above she can be seen hanging out with family while smoking. The interview goes on to state she has a new Benz and a fully paid for house at 26. A struggle any aspiring professional skateboarder can relate to.

After reading this interview and glancing at my driveway brimming with exotic sports cars and pallets of Kreper kingpins I bemoan the up-and-coming floozies. Hopefully, there's just enough to go around.

This is interesting. I've noticed with the huge boom in skating happening again there's a lot of newer skaters who instead of trying to embrace the culture, are trying to create their own outside of it. It happens on a local level and with people like this it's happening at the pro level as well. This loser thinking the "traditional" route to becoming a pro is exclusionary or something and thinking they can just bypass all of that and do it anyway. Like they've discovered this revolutionary way of being defiant against the elitist industry who would never turn her pro because she doesn't "fit the mold" (ie she sucks at skating). Not surprising Skategoat is involved because his career is the embodiment of that approach. although I'm not sure how much of that is his doing.
During sex to prevent myself from ejaculating I think about Osama Bin Laden running my dick through a sewing machine.

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 856
« Reply #198 on: September 10, 2021, 11:36:02 AM »
Expand Quote
The magnetic moniker "skatepussy" caught my eye as a 33-year-old woman. I yearned to know more and found this captivating interview by a budding cannabis-infused beverage company. I learned the dame is in the erotica business, and has "long-ass rose fingernails" which do not hamper her joint-rolling proficiency. She's also a "daring" professional skateboarder and an inspiring rapper. She also vocally laments, passionately, the discriminatory practices in the world of professional skateboarding against women skaters.

“I’m gonna make my boards and make myself a pro,” she said firmly. “I’m not gonna wait in line for a greasy, wrinkled, guy to take a percentage of my board money. If I’m risking my livelihood, I want to make 100 percent of my money. I’m building my lemonade stand and y’all can wait in line.”

Good on her saying something so brave yet so controversial. She then goes on to inform younger readers to “buy an ounce and a vibrator.” A real life coach.

Above she can be seen hanging out with family while smoking. The interview goes on to state she has a new Benz and a fully paid for house at 26. A struggle any aspiring professional skateboarder can relate to.

After reading this interview and glancing at my driveway brimming with exotic sports cars and pallets of Kreper kingpins I bemoan the up-and-coming floozies. Hopefully, there's just enough to go around.
[close]

This is interesting. I've noticed with the huge boom in skating happening again there's a lot of newer skaters who instead of trying to embrace the culture, are trying to create their own outside of it. It happens on a local level and with people like this it's happening at the pro level as well. This loser thinking the "traditional" route to becoming a pro is exclusionary or something and thinking they can just bypass all of that and do it anyway. Like they've discovered this revolutionary way of being defiant against the elitist industry who would never turn her pro because she doesn't "fit the mold" (ie she sucks at skating). Not surprising Skategoat is involved because his career is the embodiment of that approach. although I'm not sure how much of that is his doing.

Also let's just pretend for a second she can actually Ollie. In fact let's go crazy and pretend she can skate well enough to legitimately be pro.
What wrinkled old men own companies that could somehow exploit her for money? Ed with toy? Rick and Mike with girl?  The brands/owners and pros both mutually benefit.   Like how dare a company advertise for you and make all your product and distribute it around the world using connections they've made from decades of business. (And yes I know Ed doesn't actually own toy machine)

Theme For A Jackal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 107
« Reply #199 on: September 10, 2021, 11:38:45 AM »

To a small extent I understand the idea about creating a sense of brand status and exclusivity through a high price tag, but man... kinda feel bad her. It just seems like it could either work somehow, or create huge distrust with her customer base -- very risky.

I don't know how anyone could think that creating artificial value by pricing your product at an inconceivable level could do anything except piss off potential customers

Theme For A Jackal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 107
« Reply #200 on: September 10, 2021, 11:43:51 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Carving your own path is cool but this is not how you do it. I'm all for bypassing the industry but you don't do that by basically scamming your customer base and pretending your clothing is worth the same amount as some Gucci shit. If they really cared, they'd focus on a decent product at a reasonable price point and hook up girls and minority skaters that they felt weren't getting deserved spotlight and trying to build a community but instead they're just trying to take the shortcut to the bank. I think there's a market for handcrafted clothing but there's nothing about this product that should cost more than $150 at most and that's being generous assuming it's quality material.

Lisa96

« Reply #201 on: September 10, 2021, 12:04:15 PM »
where can i find a pair of pants with an elastic waistband that i can wear to work? i'm not joking.. my weight fluctuates

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1424
« Reply #202 on: September 10, 2021, 12:04:53 PM »
where can i find a pair of pants with an elastic waistband that i can wear to work? i'm not joking.. my weight fluctuates

Look into different scrubs options

arrbee

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 438
« Reply #203 on: September 10, 2021, 12:13:44 PM »

Polar surf pants

Free Dome work pant

Cookman chef pant

Nike SB skate chino

I think uniqlo has some too
Quote from: DaveFuck
youre fucking FRIED if you think im gonna listen to dan corrigan talk about cariuma

stets

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Rep: 106
« Reply #204 on: September 10, 2021, 12:44:45 PM »

Wait in that she says she was 30, and they filmed that issue a year or two ago... so she's around my age, 31 or 32 now? Skategoat, wait fuck that I'm not calling him by his handle, Leandre, is 25. Daaang, she's a bit of a cougar then?

But what's most wild to me, is someone my age acting how she acts now. In that video she seemed cooler, more down to earth, than she does now.
Quote from: augustmoon
lol, don't let my sticker job keep you up at night, buddy

MFS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -65427
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #205 on: September 10, 2021, 12:45:09 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

A ton of friends in the tattoo industry have complained of the same problem in their industry too. people not wanting to apprentice and can only tattoo their style of art but think they should make the same amount of money as the guy who can freehand draw anything at command onto your skin and has put 25 years in to get his lines and depth right.

augustmoon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 796
« Reply #206 on: September 10, 2021, 12:52:17 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Polar surf pants

Free Dome work pant

Cookman chef pant

Nike SB skate chino

[close]

Might want to check out Dickies scrubs
Fuck brandon biebel... The lemon thrower

Lou Strux

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2224
  • The Swede is down at Venice Beach, shove off!
« Reply #207 on: September 10, 2021, 12:57:47 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Polar surf pants

Free Dome work pant

Cookman chef pant

Nike SB skate chino

[close]
[close]

Might want to check out Dickies scrubs
Yeah, but do THEY come with elastic, AND a drawstring, AND not four, but FIVE whole belt loops?!?
Didn't think so!  8)

I wanna play you in a game of SKATE for the right to continue talking shit on me.  You think you got me?

toe_knee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 214
  • Get bent
« Reply #208 on: September 10, 2021, 01:44:57 PM »

My favorite are the theories lounge pant good colors, a bit pricey, but the fit is on point for me
You want some queso?”
Dan Drehobl to me at make a wish, while handing me a hotdog

foureyedjim

« Reply #209 on: September 10, 2021, 06:00:22 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

My favorite are the theories lounge pant good colors, a bit pricey, but the fit is on point for me

Stretchy scrubs.  Figs is a popular company, I wear this greys anatomy one for work that’s pretty comfy