Author Topic: Sending Your 5 Year Old Down An 18 Foot Vert Drop In For the Grams  (Read 4943 times)

Merman

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -36
https://www.instagram.com/reel/CKR-ciBApWe/?igshid=xnoynffiae1y

Her legs can't even handle the compression yet for fuck's sake.

SatanicPanic

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 207
Re: Sending Your 5 Year Old Down An 18 Foot Vert Drop In For the Grams
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2021, 11:46:06 AM »
That poor kid fuckin ragdolls on the opposite wall and dad’s like woohoo

cky enthusiast

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2021, 11:46:29 AM »
instagram is what humanity deserves for thinking we’re above nature. people are shoving their kids off cliffs for 2 second looks like a feeder rat at the bottle

slappies

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1223
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2021, 11:48:43 AM »
IG is one of the worst things to ever happen to skateboarding. For every page that posts something worthwhile, there's 10 pages of parents forcing their infants down a megaramp or a 14 year old in Korn pants beaming the fuck out of the camera after doing a crook and landing cross legged. IG should be used for Russian dash cam footage, pictures of gigantic asses, and pictures of cookie dough ONLY.
CRACK RAIDER RAZOR

ok boomer

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1030
  • Gnar Kook
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2021, 11:56:00 AM »
RIP thoughts & prayers

D10S

• Rep: -57
  • la patineta no se mancha
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2021, 12:04:54 PM »
coach/dad writes:

"I spoke to Paige while driving to @monsterskatepark on this day and told her I didn’t want her attempting it again and I wanted her to focus on mastering the top of the ramp."

way to let kids have fun...

GlenSuggittsflexfit

« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2021, 12:05:13 PM »
I never wondered what Jessup tastes like until now.

twic3

• Rep: 16
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2021, 12:18:46 PM »
Grooming your kid to skate and exploiting, profiting off them from social media rubs me the wrong way

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 691
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
    • my youtube avatar image
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2021, 12:19:51 PM »
mad weak parenting imo

Alois Hitler Jr.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -389
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
  • User is banned from postingMuted
« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2021, 12:30:36 PM »
She is marrying Tank Montgomery
9/11 was a national tragedy

ok boomer

• SLAP Pal
  • Gnar Kook
« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2021, 12:36:30 PM »
She is marrying Tank Montgomery

Congrats & RIP to them both.
Parents, in unison, will just zing them down El Toro or Bob's mega ramp instead of getting into a limo

Hyliannightmare

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -199
« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2021, 12:38:48 PM »
saw it the other day made me so scared when her head slammed

NoComply180

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -460
  • Objectivity police
« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2021, 12:42:46 PM »
Imagine yeeting your spawn down an 18 foot roll in for a handful of Instagram views

Him ah fall off building an bumboclot him legs

augustmoon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 803
« Reply #13 on: February 01, 2021, 12:46:58 PM »
Grooming your kid to skate and exploiting, profiting off them from social media rubs me the wrong way

i feel this way about Sky Brown and cringe every time i look at her instagram.  Shes very talented and obviously enjoys skateboarding, but you can just tell her parents are pushing her and her brother to be viral internet sensations.  so much weird marketing shit for such a little kid.  it reminds me of that balloon boy from several years back and its gross. 
Fuck brandon biebel... The lemon thrower

Ms. Tamzarian

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 736
  • I like dork tricks :/
« Reply #14 on: February 01, 2021, 12:47:12 PM »
Imagine yeeting your spawn down an 18 foot roll in for a handful of Instagram views

That poor kid fuckin ragdolls on the opposite wall and dad’s like woohoo

saw it the other day made me so scared when her head slammed

Fucked.

These "parent run account" instagram profiles are pedophile community centers. I have a really fucking hard time believing these parents don't know better than that.

Especially when the parents constantly infantilize their captions and the same fucking set of creeps come around to comment shit like "Wow you're getting so big! Keep it up!" - that shit is a fucking game for perverts. They get off by grooming kids from afar. And all these "skate coach" parents are encouraging that shit.

And for what? Just for some fucking jaded shitty dad to get vicarious fulfillment?

I really don't care for the counterargument that the kids appear to be having fun. That's such a irrelevant, crap rebuttal - and like really? What's the use of trying to defend the endangerment & exploitation of a fucking KID for internet attention?

Idk this might be a kneejerk reaction, maybe it's not ALL this bad. I just want someone to tell me they also see this shit as clearly as I do. Cause aside from the fact that I'm fucking crazy, this shit makes me feel insane.

Frontside Slappy

• Rep: 95
  • Somewhere in a parking garage
« Reply #15 on: February 01, 2021, 12:47:45 PM »
Seeing clips like this always bums me out and makes me wonder how many parents would put their kid in a similar situation if they had a following like her.
"That was a clean one." -Werner Herzog

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 691
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
    • my youtube avatar image
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #16 on: February 01, 2021, 12:57:34 PM »
My daughter is the exact same age. she wants to do a lot of unsafe shit that im sure is hella fun. every fucking day. she never wants to wear a helmet on a bike or anything. wants to just run out into the road. it is up to you as the dad to be like yo this is too far man. we all make mistakes he even acknowledges in the post that he was hesitant about putting it up cause he knows how fucked up it was.

I want my daughter to rip at skating probably as badly as that guy does but i am not that selfish man. i know theres stuff i could do to like min/max the time we have to improve on skating but i just dont look at it like that. i would rather she just sit down on the board, put her dolls up on it, w/e and play with it and just enjoy it for what it is. she has fun watching little kids skate just push around and having fun. she has no idea about what tricks are or anything... like shes seen me skate or whatever but it sjust too much of a jump from what she thinks is possible for her to do in her mind.

i dont think I will show my daughter this video. i think it would freak her the fuck out seeing the kid ragdoll like that and porbably put her off skating.

sometimeperhaps

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 143
« Reply #17 on: February 01, 2021, 01:06:49 PM »
I would assume some of these parents who push there kids to be famous via social media have nine to fives and stuff. And I would assume some co-workers would follow or at least be aware of their kids. I don’t think I could look at Bill the same if he spent his weekends pushing his kids down halfpipes. Shit is wack.

artskool

• Rep: 31
« Reply #18 on: February 01, 2021, 01:12:51 PM »
Totally. A parent's job is to keep their kids safe, not maximize their extreme sports potential. 3/4 of the time I spend at the at the skatepark with my daughter is riding on our butts with stuffed animals on our laps. Fuck sports.

My daughter is the exact same age. she wants to do a lot of unsafe shit that im sure is hella fun. every fucking day. she never wants to wear a helmet on a bike or anything. wants to just run out into the road. it is up to you as the dad to be like yo this is too far man. we all make mistakes he even acknowledges in the post that he was hesitant about putting it up cause he knows how fucked up it was.

I want my daughter to rip at skating probably as badly as that guy does but i am not that selfish man. i know theres stuff i could do to like min/max the time we have to improve on skating but i just dont look at it like that. i would rather she just sit down on the board, put her dolls up on it, w/e and play with it and just enjoy it for what it is. she has fun watching little kids skate just push around and having fun. she has no idea about what tricks are or anything... like shes seen me skate or whatever but it sjust too much of a jump from what she thinks is possible for her to do in her mind.

i dont think I will show my daughter this video. i think it would freak her the fuck out seeing the kid ragdoll like that and porbably put her off skating.

Uknowmyinsta

• Rep: -387
  • Your brain has no facts.
« Reply #19 on: February 01, 2021, 01:21:30 PM »
I am absolutely calling bullshit on that being 18'.

layzieyez

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1496
  • Illusion Flip

TheDingus

« Reply #21 on: February 01, 2021, 01:39:14 PM »
IG is one of the worst things to ever happen to skateboarding. For every page that posts something worthwhile, there's 10 pages of parents forcing their infants down a megaramp or a 14 year old in Korn pants beaming the fuck out of the camera after doing a crook and landing cross legged. IG should be used for Russian dash cam footage, pictures of gigantic asses, and pictures of cookie dough ONLY.

Agree 100%

ok boomer

• SLAP Pal
  • Gnar Kook
« Reply #22 on: February 01, 2021, 01:40:11 PM »
I am absolutely calling bullshit on that being 18'.anti hero

JANUS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 602
« Reply #23 on: February 01, 2021, 01:42:16 PM »

Korn pants? Like way too big, multiple wallet chains, superfluous zippers...am I picking up what you’re putting down?
If you can't handle me at my Marc Johnson, you don't deserve me at my Bobby Puleo.

SatanicPanic

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 207
« Reply #24 on: February 01, 2021, 01:47:40 PM »
I look at it the same way as this incident.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/father-christopher-bizilj-died-firing-uzi-urged-son/story?id=12565132
“ Spano was 15 at the time of the 2008 Massachusetts gun expo and was put in charge of allowing people to fire the 9 mm Micro Uzi, a submachine gun that fires 20 rounds a second.”

Further in the article it says this teenager’s dad was the guy putting on the show. So, yay responsible dads

silhouette

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1572
« Reply #25 on: February 01, 2021, 01:48:53 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Korn pants? Like way too big, multiple wallet chains, superfluous zippers...am I picking up what you’re putting down?

I'm pretty sure I've seen actual Korn pants before, like with a patch on the back pocket. It was in the mid 2000's when the scene in my hometown died for a while and the only skaters left were a bunch of crust punk kids. One of them was doing flatground hand flips with an early grab, monkey style, in underground parking garages reeking of piss, so Korn in fabric form was probably protruding out of his ass.

I also know one dude who skated for years in the same oversized Muse hoodie. Never a session without it unless it was in the wash - and it very rarely was in the wash.

hot take

• Rep: -57
« Reply #26 on: February 01, 2021, 01:55:16 PM »
Bird man approves in the comments...wonder what the biggest thing he’s pushed Keegan off of?

REGS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 112
« Reply #27 on: February 01, 2021, 01:56:30 PM »
instagram is what humanity deserves for thinking we’re above nature. people are shoving their kids off cliffs for 2 second looks like a feeder rat at the bottle

I actually saw this girl at the skatepark a few months ago, she was wearing a shirt with her Instagram handle across the back and 'follow me' advertised on her. I feel so bad for her.

ok boomer

• SLAP Pal
  • Gnar Kook
« Reply #28 on: February 01, 2021, 02:18:33 PM »
Bird man approves in the comments...wonder what the biggest thing he’s pushed Keegan off of?

his inheritance

Lowcalcium

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -100
« Reply #29 on: February 01, 2021, 02:24:31 PM »
Kids shouldn't be allowed to skate until they hit puberty