Author Topic: CLOSED -RAFFLE Win a Strangelove deck and help out Flea  (Read 810 times)

Sativa Lung

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 840
CLOSED -RAFFLE Win a Strangelove deck and help out Flea
« on: February 23, 2022, 12:02:22 AM »
Hey guys. If you aren't aware one of our long standing and extremely active members (uncle flea) is going through some shit and pals have stepped in to help out a bit.

https://gofund.me/e9524e4a

I want to make sure we get this done so I'm going to try this.

Rules: $5 donation to the GoFundMe gets 1 entry. No limit to the number of entries. PM me a screenshot of your donation  to confirm entry. Winner will be chosen at random on March 1st.

Prize: choose a brand new board below , shipped free within the continental US. Approx retail value $75 USD.

Strangelove "Hell on Wheels" 8.12 (ps stix)
Fucking Awesome "death on Horseback" embossed 8.25 (bbs)
Quasi rizzo "run" 8.375 (ps stix)
Scumco Evan Smith guest "pagan pinata party" 8.25 (ps stix - multiple top stains to pick from)
Scumco polish Hill skate Park benefit board 8.25 kiddie pool (Pennswood - local benefit board, very small run so rare to see and rarer to see still in shrink)
Scumco Dave Abair 8.375 (ps stix, have a couple top stains to choose from.. RIP)
DOA Flat as Fuck 8.25  (south central e mold, multiple graphics to choose from)

Also have a box of other scumco stuff but I won't bother listing it. If that's you're thing then you probably already know what I have haha. If there's something else you know I have or you've been looking for for ages feel free to ask. I'm open to substitutions.

So basically this is your chance to tell everyone at the park how you got a strangelove deck for $5 and helped someone in the process. Even if you don't skate the same size as me I think we can all agree that I have impeccable taste and they would look great on your wall.

Lets hook the homie up guys.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2022, 08:37:04 PM by Buttfart Rapedick »

PuffinMuffin

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1433
Re: RAFFLE Win a Strangelove deck and help out Flea
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2022, 07:12:35 AM »
This is awesome BFRD! You're the fucking man! Bumping so it's the top post.
i’m 80% skateboarder 20% atlantic puffin enthusiast

Enrico Pallazzo

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Rep: 218
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2022, 08:27:20 AM »
Much like the Grinch, your generosity has caused my heart to grow 3x in size. You’re the man for this.

dofrenzy

« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2022, 08:57:33 AM »
To quote Inspector Clouseau:  "Bimp"

tortfeasor

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 341
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2022, 10:13:07 AM »
this is a nice move.
more heaven-cruise than hell-ride.

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2022, 03:51:46 PM »
Much like the Grinch, your generosity has caused my heart to grow 3x in size. You’re the man for this.

In fairness I have a mild mental illness that manifests as hoarding skateboards so its a win-win-win. Flea gets an apartment, someone gets a shiny new skateboard, and I get some space back.

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1945
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2022, 05:50:33 PM »
Was going to send some money Flea's way but @Buttfart Rapedick really coming through with this giveaway.

I'm throbbing  8)
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

RoaryMcTwang

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 439
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2022, 12:31:38 AM »
Bumping this to the top. Won’t take part in the raffle as I’m way too far afield and others will make better use of one of these splendid decks you are willing to part with, so I’ll rest with saying that you’re a beautiful soul BFRD!

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2022, 02:37:38 AM »
Was going to send some money Flea's way but @Buttfart Rapedick really coming through with this giveaway.

Expand Quote
[close]

I'm throbbing  8)

You're still sending it directly to him, so please don't let this change anything. You just get something semi tangible (raffle entries) to go along with knowing that you helped a homie.

I did this because despite a really strong start the donations were starting to slow down and I wanted to try to get some momentum back.

Most of the people entering so far are in the $5-10 range so there's still a good chance for someone to come with a big dick donation that gives them excellent odds. I was going to just use a raffle picker website but if we don't get an insane amount of entries I'll do scraps of paper in a hat and video it.

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2022, 10:07:32 AM »
One more day to get your donations and entries in. If you donated before I started the raffle you're still eligible, just PM me proof.

Gonna leave it open until 11:59 tomorrow. I'll contact the winner privately and if they're cool with it I'll announce who it is here.

EdLawndale

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1099
    • My Wife avatar image
« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2022, 02:57:11 PM »
Very cool! Almost-free shit rules!
"Was just about to say, wtf is up with this EdLawndale guy?"

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2022, 06:17:16 AM »
Last chance boys. We succeeded in getting Flea into a new place but obviously he could still use a little help in terms of getting settled in. At this point I like to think of it as buying the homie dinner after he successfully conquered the craziest trick in his life.

Still got a few entries trickling in. I'm leaving this open until midnight EST. Just going to use an online picker to make it easier, winner will be contacted via PM so keep an eye on your inbox. If you win then as long you respond with your address and which deck you want by Thursday AM I should be able to ship this week.

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2022, 08:34:12 PM »
Ok guys, it's 11:30, we've met our goal, and I want to go to bed so I'm going to wrap things up and draw a winner. One second.

.....And holy shit it's actually a very unexpected result. We had a couple of big swinging dick entries (including one I thought was basically guaranteed to win) but it was one of the little fish who came out on top.

PM has been sent to the winner. If he's cool with being outed here I'll update the post.

Enrico Pallazzo

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Rep: 218
Re: CLOSED -RAFFLE Win a Strangelove deck and help out Flea
« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2022, 03:17:42 PM »
Absolutely blew it and stepped away from Slap for a few days and forgot this was wrapping up. I ended up being the winner, huge shout out to BFRD to organizing this and putting a piece of his astounding skateboard collection up for offer out of the goodness of his heard, and an even huger shoutout to Uncle Flea for being a great member of this community. Much love to you both.