Author Topic: Ask Karl  (Read 259243 times)

SodaJerk

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1085
  • Butterscotch yo!
Re: Ask Karl
« Reply #1560 on: February 06, 2014, 12:25:35 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Karl that edit you put out a little awhile ago was great, switch back 180 grind that silver rail was so good, I like the music too.  I remember you mentioning in the past that one of the most impressive people you seen skate 3rd and army was PJ Ladd, Do you have any good PJ stories? You think he's going to come through for the Plan B video? Thanks G
[close]
Hell yeah he's going to come through  ;D PJ is so rad.
Thanks for the love!!

No cool PJ stories aside from the fact that he and I dated the same girl back in the day haha
[close]

Uhhm... That sounds like an interesting story in itself. Who dated her first?
[close]

obviously PJ, cause once you go black you never go back
Ahh you got me!

Jared

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 59
  • Die Slow
« Reply #1561 on: February 06, 2014, 01:03:08 PM »
How often do you wash your dreads? I've known people that don't wash them at all and would find spiders and dead bugs in them. With skating do they get in the way of your peripheral view?

harrison ford invented the first car, in America

ORGANIKARL

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 200
« Reply #1562 on: February 06, 2014, 02:03:06 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Karl that edit you put out a little awhile ago was great, switch back 180 grind that silver rail was so good, I like the music too.  I remember you mentioning in the past that one of the most impressive people you seen skate 3rd and army was PJ Ladd, Do you have any good PJ stories? You think he's going to come through for the Plan B video? Thanks G
[close]
Hell yeah he's going to come through  ;D PJ is so rad.
Thanks for the love!!

No cool PJ stories aside from the fact that he and I dated the same girl back in the day haha
[close]
Haha!! I met her first. We were never serious, more like friends. I introduced her to the skate world and she ran with it. She worked in the industry for a while, then ended up with a top dog, Mr. Ladd.   
From what I heard, he's just as good in bed as he is on his board? LOL Just messin.

ORGANIKARL

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1563 on: February 06, 2014, 02:08:11 PM »
How often do you wash your dreads? I've known people that don't wash them at all and would find spiders and dead bugs in them. With skating do they get in the way of your peripheral view?
Thats crazy you ask that. Just earlier today I saw this guy with dreads and thought to myself "people who don't have our type of hair must think it'd be hard to wash". Anyway, to answer your question, I wash my hair once a week. And they do in fact get in the way sometimes!
Still can't believe Adelmo skated with such long dreads!!

shark tits

« Reply #1564 on: February 06, 2014, 02:09:33 PM »
Haha!! I met her first. We were never serious, more like friends. I introduced her to the skate world and she ran with it. She worked in the industry for a while, then ended up with a top dog, Mr. Ladd.� �
From what I heard, he's just as good in bed as he is on his board? LOL Just messin.
[/quote]
well you just answered my next question

ORGANIKARL

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1565 on: February 06, 2014, 02:15:34 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Haha!! I met her first. We were never serious, more like friends. I introduced her to the skate world and she ran with it. She worked in the industry for a while, then ended up with a top dog, Mr. Ladd.� �
well you just answered my next question
[/quote] Haha! Work out perfect then.

Thanks Mr, Shark Tits

IanBZHD

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 55
« Reply #1566 on: February 13, 2014, 01:33:12 PM »
Wzup Karl! Now that I've seen some Ipath back on your feet, when was the last time you skate a pair of Cats?

We still gotta have a skate-date at 3rd next time I make it out to SF from Chicago! Schedules were tight last time!

GAY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3337
  • Those that SLAP, can't.
« Reply #1567 on: February 13, 2014, 05:37:12 PM »
Karl, can you hook me up with BA's phone number? You're the only serious industry insider I know and I don't even know you, but I'm single now and need a date.

Enjoi San Jose

• Rep: -38
« Reply #1568 on: February 14, 2014, 02:42:31 AM »
he carl whats your favorite 80's movie  ???

dipsteeze

• Rep: -22
« Reply #1569 on: February 14, 2014, 09:51:44 AM »
Is Anthony Williams still skating organika?

MeanestCleanestPenis

• Rep: 40
« Reply #1570 on: February 14, 2014, 01:50:17 PM »
Hi Karl,

When you come on here and see those 20+ Popps threads do you ever think "Fuck it, I should just put the guy on Organika!"?

ORGANIKARL

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1571 on: February 15, 2014, 09:47:55 PM »
Karl, can you hook me up with BA's phone number? You're the only serious industry insider I know and I don't even know you, but I'm single now and need a date.
First off, GAY, I love you and I don't even know you LOL But seriously you've always got something witty to say. But are you really gay or is it your online personality? 
And about BA's number, there is no way I would give that out. But thanks for asking.

ORGANIKARL

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1572 on: February 15, 2014, 09:51:12 PM »
he carl whats your favorite 80's movie  ???
Whats up my SJ homie! Big ups to the largest city in the Bay Area!
Farris Bueller Day Off for sure.

PS. Its Karl with a "K"

ORGANIKARL

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1573 on: February 15, 2014, 09:52:31 PM »
No his isn't. Nothing but love for him though.

ORGANIKARL

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1574 on: February 15, 2014, 09:53:57 PM »
Hi Karl,

When you come on here and see those 20+ Popps threads do you ever think "Fuck it, I should just put the guy on Organika!"?
HAHA!! Funny questions, dude  ;)

No but I'm a Popps fan for sure.

wildbillhiccup

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -75
  • JACKASS
« Reply #1575 on: February 15, 2014, 09:54:39 PM »

Karl, this is my friend Mike who apparently skated woodward with a million years ago and gave him your email and stuff. he isn't internet savvy so i thought id see if u remembered him

ORGANIKARL

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1576 on: February 15, 2014, 10:10:31 PM »

Karl, this is my friend Mike who apparently skated woodward with a million years ago and gave him your email and stuff. he isn't internet savvy so i thought id see if u remembered him
Damn! Some gnarly stuff in that. The drop in was sick and the second to last trick was bonkers. At first I didm't recognize him but after the close up facial I kind of did. Tell him I say whats up!
Peace!!

Balanced

• Rep: 2
« Reply #1577 on: February 16, 2014, 09:40:40 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Just didn't work out? I've always been a fan of his skating, Seems to have jumped around quite a bit. Thanks Karl!

pencil

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -131
  • my other account is abudabi
« Reply #1578 on: February 16, 2014, 07:19:20 PM »
karl how do you be so nice, seriously?
would you rather read an abudabi post or have a screwdriver shoved up your ass?

ORGANIKARL

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1579 on: February 16, 2014, 08:06:39 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

Just didn't work out? I've always been a fan of his skating, Seems to have jumped around quite a bit. Thanks Karl!
Yeah, he is one of the raddest dudes on a board for sure. It just seemed he was focusing more on his music. But he's going to have some pretty dope footage coming out in the new Gold video.

ORGANIKARL

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1580 on: February 16, 2014, 08:08:41 PM »
Im a fan of skateboarding, skateboarders, SLAPers and just life in general  ;D

pencil

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1581 on: February 16, 2014, 08:22:26 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Im a fan of skateboarding, skateboarders, SLAPers and just life in general  ;D

what would it take to get you to fight someone

ORGANIKARL

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1582 on: February 16, 2014, 08:34:28 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
Im a fan of skateboarding, skateboarders, SLAPers and just life in general  ;D
[close]

First of all, I hate fighting. But if provoked I can have a temper and I do come from the "hood" LOL. So pretty much if someone disrespect me in a bad way or if I see someone being disrespected the animal instincts might come out.  
« Last Edit: February 17, 2014, 12:59:37 AM by ORGANIKARL »

pencil

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1583 on: February 17, 2014, 09:37:17 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]
First of all, I hate fighting. But if provoked I can have a temper and I do come from the "hood" LOL. So pretty much if someone disrespect me in a bad way or if I see someone being disrespected the animal instincts might come out.  

right on, much love for you karl, your presence on SLAP is way better public relations than any ad/video/demo

shark tits

« Reply #1584 on: February 17, 2014, 06:16:54 PM »
in 99 i usedta live in golden gate park and FTC was on shraeder. i had a dream that me and you were cruising down shraeder doing nollie heelflips. only in my dream, you were naked.
i'm just kidding about the naked part but the rest is true. my question is did you usedta fight during the EMB days? i read somewhere that you would shoot spitballs and that could be precursor to fisticuffs for sure but i've never seen nothing but smiles on your end. remember danny funzuelida switch heelflipped the bike rack/rock gap? i feel like we were all blessed to have witnessed that in person. my buddy almost nollie bs flipped off the bench onto you and he thinks you remember him as 'nollie bs flip guy'. he's a stout little man and wears his shirt to go swimming. do you have any advice about that ie 'stop bein a pussy and take your shirt off' or 'lose some weight so ya won't be self conscious' or anything i can't come up w/? i think it's funny/endearing but it's lame too cause he's that awkward around strangers. even me.

ORGANIKARL

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1585 on: February 17, 2014, 09:22:43 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]
[close]

right on, much love for you karl, your presence on SLAP is way better public relations than any ad/video/demo
I appreciated that, man! Im truly stoked to be able to talk to fellow skaters!

ORGANIKARL

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1586 on: February 17, 2014, 09:30:24 PM »
Karl, in the excellent FTC book that came out you admitted to being a little wilder back when you were young and that Kent's dad gave you a foot to the back and you didn't go back for three years.  How'd you finally smooth shit over with him?  Did that interaction prevent you from getting a tab in the tab book?
Whats up man!
Yeah, that was crazy haha. It actually never got smoothed out. I didn't start going back to FTC until they moved to Haight St.
Although i was a wild kid, I didn't deserve to be banned from their store. Loyd (Kents father) just had it out for me and one day after he literally  kicked me out the front window was broken that same night. He thought for sure it was me who did it then I was banded indefinitely. But me and Kent are like brothers so once they moved I was the happiest dude and I was so stoked to be allowed into FTC again  :)

ORGANIKARL

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1587 on: February 17, 2014, 09:43:47 PM »
in 99 i usedta live in golden gate park and FTC was on shraeder. i had a dream that me and you were cruising down shraeder doing nollie heelflips. only in my dream, you were naked.
i'm just kidding about the naked part but the rest is true. my question is did you usedta fight during the EMB days? i read somewhere that you would shoot spitballs and that could be precursor to fisticuffs for sure but i've never seen nothing but smiles on your end. remember danny funzuelida switch heelflipped the bike rack/rock gap? i feel like we were all blessed to have witnessed that in person. my buddy almost nollie bs flipped off the bench onto you and he thinks you remember him as 'nollie bs flip guy'. he's a stout little man and wears his shirt to go swimming. do you have any advice about that ie 'stop bein a pussy and take your shirt off' or 'lose some weight so ya won't be self conscious' or anything i can't come up w/? i think it's funny/endearing but it's lame too cause he's that awkward around strangers. even me.
By the time I started skating EMB my fighting days were pretty much over. Skateboarding straight up saved my life. I was heading down the wrong path for sure. But spitballing was just fun.
How can I forget that day, man! That switch heel was magical. It seemed like he was super human or something.
But I don't remember the nollie bs flip guy. Sure if I saw him I would recognize him though. 
Sucks he has body issues! I used to have some gnarly body issues too but now I prance around butt ass naked at my favorite Hot Springs on the regs haha. Just tell him if he's reps what he has its more attractive than hiding it. I've always had a thing for larger women and when they're confident with themselves its very attractive to me.

pencil

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1588 on: February 17, 2014, 10:29:51 PM »
do you drink karl?

ORGANIKARL

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1589 on: February 17, 2014, 10:40:29 PM »
do you drink karl?
Not much of a drinker. Wine, Sake or an occasional beer is all I can handle. Definitely a light weight. What about yourself?