Author Topic: NyjahThrasher part  (Read 21667 times)

NickDagger

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -32
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Re: NyjahThrasher part
« Reply #180 on: November 29, 2013, 11:08:00 AM »
Would you guys agree that Nyjah has "monster gonads"?

"DIS YA BOI NICK DAGGAL" -Arto Saari

doomstation55

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 892
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • [b]TEAM DOOM MS 2018[/b] avatar image
« Reply #181 on: November 29, 2013, 11:09:50 AM »
Would you guys agree that Nyjah has "monster gonads"?

Is that when your testes get misshapen due to drinking monster?

Switch Front Feeble

« Reply #182 on: November 29, 2013, 11:52:44 AM »
Expand Quote
Its an eventuality that he'll "win" SOTY sooner or later. Might as well get it over with. The sooner he gets it, the sooner he'll quit dropping parts in November of every year.
[close]

I could see Nyjah thinking that since Danny Way and Chris Cole each won it twice he has to win it three times to beat them.

It's pretty hilarious how you guys let preconceived notions about Nyjah's motivations to skate dictate your attitudes towards him. This isn't high school where people judge each other off of assumptions, it's time to grow up.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2013, 01:03:41 PM by Quasi »

Dirtymac

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -54
« Reply #183 on: November 29, 2013, 12:16:40 PM »
It reminds me of when Mike Mcgil(sp?) did the Mctwist. Everyone knew the bar just got raised but we were like, "why did it have to be him?" Or Tony Hawk and how his Dad was super involved w the industry and contests. The hard partying, don't give a fuck, in it for a good time, rockstar guys are always going to be more accepted but the nerdy all I wanna do is skate kids are always going to be the ones raising the bar. History shows me that someday Nyjah will be accepted after his contest, energy drink kid days are over and we'll all be saying, "you remember when Nyjah was a kook?"
"Never talk shit about a man until you've walked a mile in his shoes. That way you're a mile away AND you've got his shoes"

the snake

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 350
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #184 on: November 29, 2013, 12:50:22 PM »
Expand Quote
Its an eventuality that he'll "win" SOTY sooner or later. Might as well get it over with. The sooner he gets it, the sooner he'll quit dropping parts in November of every year.
[close]

I could see Nyjah thinking that since Danny Way and Chris Cole each won it twice he has to win it three times to beat them.
exactly what i was about to post

Iceman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 433
« Reply #185 on: November 29, 2013, 01:05:36 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

It's pretty hilarious how you guys let preconceived notions about Nyjah's motivations to skate dictate your attitudes towards him. This isn't high school where people judge each other off stuff they've heard about other people, it's time to grow up.

That's what you've been doing in here, buddy. Sticking to your preconceived notion that anyone who has any amount of criticism -- no matter how small and with complete disregard for any praise they have -- is a hater. I've said good and bad about him, as many others have, but you choose to only see the negative half. I've pointed this out several times already, but you continue to do it in a very vocal manner. I'm seriously beginning to think you have very real mental deficiencies beyond reading comprehension...

Switch Front Feeble

« Reply #186 on: November 29, 2013, 01:26:48 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

It's pretty hilarious how you guys let preconceived notions about Nyjah's motivations to skate dictate your attitudes towards him. This isn't high school where people judge each other off stuff they've heard about other people, it's time to grow up.
[close]

That's what you've been doing in here, buddy. Sticking to your preconceived notion that anyone who has any amount of criticism -- no matter how small and with complete disregard for any praise they have -- is a hater. I've said good and bad about him, as many others have, but you choose to only see the negative half. I've pointed this out several times already, but you continue to do it in a very vocal manner. I'm seriously beginning to think you have very real mental deficiencies beyond reading comprehension...

Like I said, it's time to grow up.

Iceman

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #187 on: November 29, 2013, 01:57:16 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Switch Front Feeble

« Reply #188 on: November 29, 2013, 02:59:42 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

People with delusions of superior intelligence are funny
« Last Edit: November 29, 2013, 03:03:55 PM by Quasi »

Yu Dum

« Reply #189 on: November 29, 2013, 03:41:48 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Are you trying to imply that you don't have that same delusion? The way you post comes across as a pseudo-intellectual teenager.

Switch Front Feeble

« Reply #190 on: November 29, 2013, 04:50:27 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]
Are you trying to imply that you don't have that same delusion? The way you post comes across as a pseudo-intellectual teenager.

pseudo-intellectual ??? gee, I don't think my reading comprehension is at the level necessary to comprehend a word that big ??? People who take SLAP this seriously sure are smart 8)

_aminal

• Rep: -8
  • win some, lose most.
« Reply #191 on: November 29, 2013, 06:17:58 PM »
that was gnarly but the song was cheese balling it hard. but whatever he filmed it for the mag and used a classic song.

Ed's impossibles are like gonzs kickflips....

railchomper420

• Rep: -35
« Reply #192 on: November 29, 2013, 07:25:19 PM »
that was gnarly but the song was cheese balling it hard. but whatever he filmed it for the mag and used a classic song.

definitely epic enough for that type of song, my only criticism is if they were going with that epic of a song they coulda went with zeppelin or different metallica. amazing part im super impressed. ive replied in every thread about him, I cant get over this shit. i hate everything he represents, but damn ANY pro that can continue there progress and one up there last part this much is truly a professional. shits inspiring, ''cant relate to him'' that's so fucking gay, why would you want to watch something you can do? is everyone that fucking pretentious now.. i don't watch the nba cause that's not how me and my bros ball ? wtf haah

and to who said it was like a dunk contest..... really? .............. those are those whack ass game of skate contests...

is that how you felt about Reynolds stay gold part?  NBDS at famous spots what a show off, he isn't a southern California pro on the biggest companies or anything.......

Miguelito

• Rep: 2
« Reply #193 on: November 29, 2013, 07:51:16 PM »
that crooks pop-over in the line with the fakie bigspin flip should get more love

Agreed. For someone who isn't renowned for their style, that was a pretty stylish maneuver.

L33Tg33k

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 726
  • F.A.P. - Forever Alone Party
« Reply #194 on: November 29, 2013, 07:51:55 PM »
Alright guys, let's get to the bottom of the argument here. That song sucks.
Before you say the music sucked, have you considered shutting the fuck up?

Nigga

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 5
  • PHILA
« Reply #195 on: November 29, 2013, 07:53:31 PM »
the line with the kickflip over the rail and then the backside flip over the other rail was sick, mainly because it was filmed well. Therefore I blame most of the hate on this part on Chris Ray. Plus that nigga looks like a grown up Squid from the show Rocket Power

dillanharp

« Reply #196 on: November 29, 2013, 08:29:17 PM »

WRONG.

DARIA

• Rep: -60
« Reply #197 on: November 29, 2013, 09:28:28 PM »
wish he he had something at opera house, wallenberg or clipper. to really seal the deal. i still like Forrest tho.

Switch Front Feeble

« Reply #198 on: November 29, 2013, 09:35:10 PM »
 Another overlooked trick was that kickflip backlip on that big ass rail where the other side is a stair set going down. If he had clipped or stuck on that one he would have been so fucked.

sweat stains

• Rep: 33
  • slap sux
    • Shady Griptape avatar image
« Reply #199 on: November 29, 2013, 09:54:51 PM »
Can't downplay that shit, Nyjah destroyed it.
Looks like he has clip art tattooed on his arm though, bummer.
damn those yarys bout those squats

foureyedjim

« Reply #200 on: November 29, 2013, 10:23:30 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

WRONG.

I think Joe Satriani would have better suited Nyjah's skating
Both great at what they do technically, but uninteresting to me

L33Tg33k

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #201 on: November 29, 2013, 10:35:33 PM »
Would have been sick if he skated to Rush.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2013, 10:37:10 PM by L33Tg33k »

dillanharp

« Reply #202 on: November 29, 2013, 10:38:21 PM »

SALESMAN!!!

FrenchFuck

« Reply #203 on: November 30, 2013, 07:34:58 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

SALESMAN!!!

I just tried watching the part(no sound) while listening to

and it syncs up surprisingly well. When he slams on the crook attempt on McCrank's rail it makes you imagine an alternate edit

Iceman

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #204 on: November 30, 2013, 05:50:05 PM »
Woulda went better with this:

Sleazy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 264
  • tiger style
« Reply #205 on: November 30, 2013, 06:28:17 PM »
Just watched it again. Everytime a new thing pops out. This time it was that switch nose blunt.

captainfalcon69

• Rep: 15
« Reply #206 on: November 30, 2013, 06:39:47 PM »
that nosegrind down the 23 was bolts

LazyEinstein

• Rep: -138
« Reply #207 on: November 30, 2013, 09:15:15 PM »
Knew his part was going to be amazing. Didn't think it would be that good.

Best skateboarder in the world.
because canadian skaters have no personality and the only people who will buy the boards are there friends and mom

L33Tg33k

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #208 on: December 01, 2013, 03:46:57 AM »
Just watched it again. Everytime a new thing pops out. This time it was that switch nose blunt.
That rail is in my neighborhood. It's pretty long and mellow so the nutability factor is kinda high. Switch noseblunt shows a lot of confidence.

ttching!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 65214
  • Smilin' Mercenary
« Reply #209 on: December 01, 2013, 08:39:42 AM »
Nyjah's skating is pretty fucking bonkers, at least as far as one-upping every so-cal rail spot can be, but I'm still not going to buy an Element board, DC shoes, or AYC gear.