Author Topic: Corey Duffel | The Nine Club With Chris Roberts - Episode 113  (Read 18113 times)

givecigstosurfgroms

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -958
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
Re: Corey Duffel | The Nine Club With Chris Roberts - Episode 113
« Reply #30 on: September 24, 2018, 04:53:55 PM »
Great interview. This just makes me hate Niertko even more. I remember an interview he did with Marissa Del Santo where he tried push the whole lesbian thing towards her and it made me dislike him. Pushing a kid with social anxiety to say some nasty stuff and then have the balls to publish it is the worst.
Yo dude I strongly dislike niertko myself but he certainly did not push duffle to say the disparaging words of hate  aimed directly at black people.

« Last Edit: September 24, 2018, 06:25:51 PM by givecigstosurfgroms »
"I just care about the river, I dont care about your back"

RIDEFLANNELV2

• Rep: 50
« Reply #31 on: September 24, 2018, 05:05:35 PM »
^Agreed. Go back and reread the interview, Iamfordie Corey Starts dropping slurs from the jump without any provocation.

Still I think Corey is sincere and his shame is real. Still not a huge fan of him but his skating is great. Decent episode.

Here Come The Lame Jets

I sniff Jim Gagne's butthole all the time

• Rep: -156
« Reply #32 on: September 24, 2018, 05:14:12 PM »
take it w/ a grain cause slap thinks i'm racist or whatever but i'm reading this book by john fante. it's prolly 70-80-100 yrs old and the protagonist arturo bandini calls a pretty mexican girl a greaser because A/ he's intimidated by her and B/ his italian ass was called that back in CO. now he's in LA and he's passing on that same hurt to the girl. he catches himself and writes as much in a note.

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #33 on: September 24, 2018, 05:15:41 PM »
I remember thrasher pushing that narrative, "adult niertko manipulated little kid duffle to say the bad things about black people.". They backed duffle after the BB interview IMMEDIATELY by giving him steady coverage right away. 

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #34 on: September 24, 2018, 05:47:03 PM »
I don't know much about Duffel but Neiratko autobiographically bragging about raping a girl in college is pretty disgusting.
Alright if you don't know much about duffle you can start by reading the excert posted above of an interview he gave towards the beginning of his career. At least duffle is worth knowing something about. We're all idiots for letting characters like neiratko become influencial in the skate world, (Nobody HAD to do those dogshit interviews that niertko conducted).  That's how he's got a platform for his rape stories now, cause people just let anyone waltz into the scene if they own a shop or if they'll give you an interview or if they're  a snowboard slash skate rep.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2018, 05:53:29 PM by givecigstosurfgroms »

arcam

• Rep: -65
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #35 on: September 24, 2018, 07:06:45 PM »
i would assume that the published interview is edited and doesn't show the build up to the quote mentioned

expired

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 73
« Reply #36 on: September 24, 2018, 07:11:23 PM »
Expand Quote
I don't know much about Duffel but Neiratko autobiographically bragging about raping a girl in college is pretty disgusting.
[close]
Alright if you don't know much about duffle you can start by reading the excert posted above of an interview he gave towards the beginning of his career. At least duffle is worth knowing something about. We're all idiots for letting characters like neiratko become influencial in the skate world, (Nobody HAD to do those dogshit interviews that niertko conducted).  That's how he's got a platform for his rape stories now, cause people just let anyone waltz into the scene if they own a shop or if they'll give you an interview or if they're  a snowboard slash skate rep.

Okay Chris calm down, niertko started the interview by making fun of him, as a 15 year old kid a lot of us would have been more immature

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1956
« Reply #37 on: September 24, 2018, 07:12:59 PM »
I think it’s very big of Corey to be able to acknowledge his mistakes sincerely. His willingness to recognize exactly how his mistakes are a big deal goes much farther than a bullshit PR apology.

I thought his story of fighting for his WTF part was also interesting and kind of a bummer. To me he’s always stood out from the rest of the giant rail chompers cuz his parts were always peppered with fast, spastic lines and interesting spots. I just rewatched it and it’s still really gnarly, as was his recent part this year. I understand Foundation wanting to let the younger guys shine, but Corey’s the only dude who’s stayed loyal for the last 15 years. I hope they continue to show him love cuz I’m lovin the new stuff he’s putting out.

straight fucking edge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -169
« Reply #38 on: September 24, 2018, 07:19:07 PM »
people really still hold duffel accountable for something stupid he said when he was 15?
i don't want to link to the channel because is promotes athiesm.

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #39 on: September 24, 2018, 07:24:38 PM »
people really still hold duffel accountable for something stupid he said when he was 15?
No and your feining stupidity.  The issue was that someone was trying to say the interviewer put words into Corey's mouth which is blatantly false but it helps the feel good fest.  And it's fine to account for the things you say in your life.  Corey has accounted for those words even recently himself.

FULTON

• Rep: 2
« Reply #40 on: September 24, 2018, 07:31:53 PM »
Great interview. This just makes me hate Niertko even more. I remember an interview he did with Marissa Del Santo where he tried push the whole lesbian thing towards her and it made me dislike him. Pushing a kid with social anxiety to say some nasty stuff and then have the balls to publish it is the worst.

Yes! He did this with Ray Barbee just kept pushing him to say anti trump stuff/political stuff when Ray already said 20 times he’s not political and puts his faith in God not politicians. Nietatko is the worst bottom of the barrel scum. It gets old. Fast.

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #41 on: September 24, 2018, 07:34:31 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

Okay Chris calm down, niertko started the interview by making fun of him, as a 15 year old kid a lot of us would have been more immature
    So the word "immature" is the word we're gonna chose now to  describe someone saying "nigger this and nigger that" huh?  And it's okay cause the interviewer "made fun of him"

FS-OverKOOK

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 45
« Reply #42 on: September 24, 2018, 08:08:46 PM »
baker beagle is a punk...caught feelings because CD called him the fake beagle?? Well the real beagle was a legit pro baker beagle is more bro than pro.

augustmoon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 795
« Reply #43 on: September 24, 2018, 08:11:11 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]
    So the word "immature" is the word we're gonna chose now to  describe someone saying "nigger this and nigger that" huh?  And it's okay cause the interviewer "made fun of him"

jfc give it a rest
Fuck brandon biebel... The lemon thrower

L33Tg33k

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 722
  • F.A.P. - Forever Alone Party
« Reply #44 on: September 24, 2018, 08:12:10 PM »
I always thought people were exaggerating when they say they can't even listen to Duffel because his speech impediment is so bad. I barely ever noticed when he spoke on video, but then I listened to the podcast. The audio only format really put a highlight on that lisp. Goddamn. I like the dude, though.
Before you say the music sucked, have you considered shutting the fuck up?

hangontoyourego

« Reply #45 on: September 24, 2018, 08:14:23 PM »
I thought it was cool that Kelly seems to know the spots Corey talks about . Crob is oblivious to eVerything . Also kinda lame about fake beagle sucker punching him .

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #46 on: September 24, 2018, 08:17:08 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]
[close]

jfc give it a rest
You don't like to hear it?! Get fucked

Bread-Roll

• Rep: -8
« Reply #47 on: September 24, 2018, 08:25:50 PM »
I thought it was cool that Kelly seems to know the spots Corey talks about . Crob is oblivious to eVerything . Also kinda lame about fake beagle sucker punching him .
The more personal anecdotes I hear about beagle 2.0 the more insufferable he seams. How is it someone be all like "i'm the real beagle" when you got your nickname because you look like someone else.

i used to skate

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -27
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #48 on: September 24, 2018, 08:34:56 PM »
What’s this about rape?

Monkey_Mcpott

Colt Cannon's Cargos

• Rep: -5
« Reply #50 on: September 24, 2018, 09:31:01 PM »
i don't know about you guys but i was fully aware that using the "n" word is about as offensive as it gets by age 15.

trying to place even a little blame on the interviewer is weak as fuck.

i don't feel bad one bit about the instagram hate he gets or his "depression" as a result of it. you said some hateful shit, now deal with the consequences for the rest of your life. like it or not, that's how it goes.

bawtawdwon

• Rep: -68
  • cant ban the snowman
« Reply #51 on: September 24, 2018, 09:51:51 PM »
Coreys not so mad about the words he used, he's mad he let himself get jewed by chris by playing into the scam. 

We've all had it happen to us, we change our souls to interact with how we perceive something to be to fit in only to be disgusted by it later, only difference is corys is a magazine interview to be seen forever.

It okay Corey I love ur real soul.

IHOP

« Reply #52 on: September 24, 2018, 10:02:24 PM »
it is pretty insane that big brother even published that, but whatever, both sides are at fault. nieratko for being a shit and cory for saying something extremely offensive to fit in.  I think whats important is cory owned up to his mistakes and has talked about it publicly 4 or 5 times now, probably so many more.  When someone can take responsibility for terrible things they've done it says a lot about their character.

Also worth noting the time on instagram when cory called himself out for the part of that interview nobody talks about, the homophobia.

augustmoon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 795
« Reply #53 on: September 24, 2018, 10:06:29 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]
[close]

jfc give it a rest
[close]

we've been hearing it for 20 fucking years now.  you're so so noble with your crusade, though, give yourself a pat on the back
Fuck brandon biebel... The lemon thrower

Joust Ostrich

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 664
  • Speculatnaciousness?
« Reply #54 on: September 24, 2018, 10:19:45 PM »
I'm posting from my blackberry wtf?!?!?

Switch_fsflip_noseslide

• Rep: -27
  • Nobody steals from Creed Bratton
« Reply #55 on: September 24, 2018, 10:29:13 PM »
So many great stories. Really showed a side I never saw. Totally related to Corey. Great listen and bam no big fan of the nine club. I swear if I hear crob say, "dude, bro" or "we're you tripping?" One more time , I'm gonna lose.

Granted I don't think he said it in this one.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2018, 10:32:09 PM by Switch_fsflip_noseslide »
"Giovanni Reda sleeps with the fishes"

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 132
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #56 on: September 24, 2018, 11:28:46 PM »
it is pretty insane that big brother even published that, but whatever, both sides are at fault. nieratko for being a shit and cory for saying something extremely offensive to fit in.  I think whats important is cory owned up to his mistakes and has talked about it publicly 4 or 5 times now, probably so many more.  When someone can take responsibility for terrible things they've done it says a lot about their character.

Also worth noting the time on instagram when cory called himself out for the part of that interview nobody talks about, the homophobia.
you taking notes JJ?
I despised Cory for years (and not just cuz he was some fake punk) but he has defs owned up to this and is taking responsibility for his words/ actions. Yes, everyone tends to forget about all the "faggot" comments in the BB interview but he addressed that too when BA came out right?

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

DISTANT RUMOURS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 401
« Reply #57 on: September 25, 2018, 12:20:08 AM »
Big Brother were just bullies.

'Funny' (I was too serious for it and thought it was pretty lame to be honest...) if they were on your side, pretty terrible if they were trying to 'get' you.

Simple.

Salty Lame Ass Poosey

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -265
« Reply #58 on: September 25, 2018, 05:14:57 AM »
baker beagle is a punk...caught feelings because CD called him the fake beagle?? Well the real beagle was a legit pro baker beagle is more bro than pro.

Reminds of the whole rick ross deal. There is the fake rapper rick ross who stole freeway rick ross’ name and has claimed it as his own. Kind of corny trying to front on someone else’s name
Skateboarding don't owe you shit but wheel bite in the rain -Jake Pheps

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #59 on: September 25, 2018, 05:16:29 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]
[close]

jfc give it a rest
[close]
[close]

we've been hearing it for 20 fucking years now.  you're so so noble with your crusade, though, give yourself a pat on the back
Read the thread dickhead there was no crusade.  The only reason I piped up was cause someone tried to say that Niertko "pushed" Corey to say "nigger" which is patently false.  I fucking think Corey duffel is rad and also realize he's made amends.  My only crusade is against you fuckers on slap bending the truth to suit who you like and don't.  PS shut the fuk up