Author Topic: Slap Pals Fantasy Football 2023  (Read 7657 times)

Sativa Lung

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 838
Re: Slap Pals Fantasy Football 2023
« Reply #150 on: September 19, 2023, 01:14:34 PM »
I benched them….. sigh. I just can’t win. Played Green Bay a whopping ZERO goose egg. Pitty would’ve put me in the W column. Cam Akers goose egg. Eckler out, goose egg.

Jesus that's grim. I won one of my games because of the Akers thing too..I don't think they announced it until like halfway through the early games and a lot of people missed it.

Such a strange situation all around. I can't imagine trying to make a power move like that when RBs are valued lower than ever before. Like if Jonathan Taylor can't find a trade I really can't see anyone making a move for Akers unless the rams agree to pick up like all of his salary.

igrindtwinkies

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 397
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #151 on: September 20, 2023, 02:50:31 PM »
Man, I was bummed I didn't get Chubb this year.  I picked him up kinda late last year and he was a big part of my team.  That injury though, damn.  Wouldn't shock me if that's a wrap on his career.

doomstation55

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 903
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • [b]TEAM DOOM MS 2018[/b] avatar image
« Reply #152 on: September 20, 2023, 03:47:04 PM »
Bummed for Chubb, he was the last likeable player on that godforsaken Browns team too. Picked up Kareem hunt on waivers on a whim thinking he might come back and they signed him today, who knows how that’ll turn out.

Big Baby Jesus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 264
    • Suciu avatar image
« Reply #153 on: September 20, 2023, 04:58:17 PM »
Bummed for Chubb, he was the last likeable player on that godforsaken Browns team too. Picked up Kareem hunt on waivers on a whim thinking he might come back and they signed him today, who knows how that’ll turn out.

Did the same got hunt on waivers. Team is about to be the Kareem of the Crop.

But sad for Chubb. Did my ACL and MCL and was a high school athlete. Can’t imagine the mental hurdles he is facing having to go through a complete blow out twice.
flat spotted 3 times in 2 weeks, other than that awesome wheels

Baby is gonna be raised by Max and Cyrus

BallDontLie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 682
« Reply #154 on: September 21, 2023, 08:04:11 AM »
Most of my main roster is out or not playing… Jonathan Taylor really screwed it up for me… calling it now most likely ending up last.

Unless my island of misfit toys squeak out a few wins

if the mods were wu-tang, dean would be cappadonna

rawr1922

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 112
« Reply #155 on: September 21, 2023, 10:13:16 AM »
Don’t tap out yet, long season . Anything can happen as we see week to week. Y’all are so intense. I literally have to check/submit to the waiver wire as soon as I wake up. While I sit on the can even before I check my bank accounts & drink water

igrindtwinkies

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #156 on: September 24, 2023, 01:04:43 PM »
Man, I started off slow this week.  Was ready to chalk up my loss at half time.  Then Tua exploded, my vikings players started showing up.  And my star, Bill's Defense showed up and netted 31 points...

BallDontLie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 682
« Reply #157 on: September 24, 2023, 01:16:46 PM »
Holy fuck the dolphins scored 70 points…. What did Tua net you?
if the mods were wu-tang, dean would be cappadonna

igrindtwinkies

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #158 on: September 24, 2023, 01:26:47 PM »

28.3 I think.  Nothing crazy, but still pretty damn good.  Their running back, Devon Achane had 200 yds, 2 td's.  If you had either of the Dolphins Running backs then you came out good.  I don't think either have high roster percentages.  Looks like Baker Mayfield had Achane on the bench and Purdy Sweet had the other one in the flex spot.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2023, 01:41:37 PM by igrindtwinkies »

DiscountCanofTuna

• Rep: 7
« Reply #159 on: September 24, 2023, 03:15:21 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

28.3 I think.  Nothing crazy, but still pretty damn good.  Their running back, Devon Achane had 200 yds, 2 td's.  If you had either of the Dolphins Running backs then you came out good.  I don't think either have high roster percentages.  Looks like Baker Mayfield had Achane on the bench and Purdy Sweet had the other one in the flex spot.

45.2 for Mostert - hopefully enough to cover some other ordinary performances and get me on the board for the year
2023 Slap Pals Fantasy Football Champion

Sizzle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -428
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #160 on: September 24, 2023, 03:17:18 PM »
I’m sick I left Achane on the bench this week in favor of nico collins. achane had ~200 rushing yards, ~30 receiving, two rush tds and two receiving tds for a grand total of 49 points. Thank god Keenan Allen balled the fuck out this week

Sizzle

• SLAP Pal
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #161 on: September 24, 2023, 06:26:45 PM »

RIP 100+ L

PAWL

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -67
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #162 on: September 25, 2023, 11:46:29 AM »
Right there with you. One league I had mostert
, slap league I played against him. Rip. Also my qb situation is gd trash
yo mike mo new age ape style high five with my reborn hand.

2008 psychedelic experience. thanks.

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #163 on: September 25, 2023, 02:18:50 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

45.2 for Mostert - hopefully enough to cover some other ordinary performances and get me on the board for the year

Mike McDaniel is playing Madden on pro difficulty in real life right now.

I think most people overlook Mostert, but every time in his career he's been healthy and given the ball regularly he's performed at a very high level, arguably even elite. I've called him a poor man's McCaffrey or Chubb many times and I firmly believe if you give him 20 carries a game he'd be an all pro. Obviously that won't happen in Miami (especially with another mouth to feed now) but I would not be surprised at all to see him punch in 10-12 TDs this season. He's a legit home run threat on every play and this isn't the first time he's had a ridiculous 4td game like this either...he did it it in the playoffs a few years ago too. I'm pretty comfortable running him at rb2 as long he's healthy.

Durability has always been the knock, but he's been pretty good about staying on the field so far in Miami. If they give him 200 carries this year he'll blow past 1000 yards like it's a defender trying to contain him on the edge.

I'm definitely biased though - he won me 2 leagues when SF fed him down the stretch a few years ago and then won me $150 in a .10 draftkings contest when he had the monster playoff game.

rawr1922

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #164 on: September 25, 2023, 02:47:53 PM »

RIP 100+ L
I took that personally. Coming for you Week 14

easymoneysniper

• Rep: 39
« Reply #165 on: September 25, 2023, 10:57:50 PM »
feels good to get a win. didn't expect it to come from benching Joey Brrr for CJ Stroud lol but I'll take it. also RIP Mike Will, he always balls out before the injury. have him in another league too so it hurts extra. (im also a Chargers fan so all I know is pain)

Sizzle

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #166 on: September 26, 2023, 08:46:02 AM »
What are you gonna do? start Brock Purdy on me?

Kumiko

• Rep: 56
« Reply #167 on: September 26, 2023, 03:21:19 PM »
Expand Quote

RIP 100+ L
[close]

My only regret is that I didn't crack 200 points.
i love skateboarding all the time, but sometimes i wish i was one of those douchebags who hangs out with hot girls and parties every week

Big Baby Jesus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 264
    • Suciu avatar image
« Reply #168 on: September 27, 2023, 05:01:12 AM »
I’ve got Puca Nukem, Amari Cooper, and Christian Kirk on the block. Looking for an RB. Willing to partner with a RB to upgrade to a low RB 1 high RB 2.
flat spotted 3 times in 2 weeks, other than that awesome wheels

Baby is gonna be raised by Max and Cyrus

Sizzle

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #169 on: September 28, 2023, 08:38:45 AM »
Battle of the undefeateds this week in overflow. Yours truly and Mini Ramp Champ will be entering the thunderdome, only one will emerge unscathed. Tune in! (I’m not feeling good about this)

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #170 on: September 28, 2023, 03:32:52 PM »
I’ve got Puca Nukem, Amari Cooper, and Christian Kirk on the block. Looking for an RB. Willing to partner with a RB to upgrade to a low RB 1 high RB 2.

I know all the "fantasy pros" are putting him in their column this week but I might hold Kirk and see how it plays out with Lawrence having a full complement of receivers. Seems like teams are already keying on Ridley and Kirk was super solid as wr2 for me last year. I could definitely see him being their Tee Higgins/Tyler Lockett/Slim Reaper type that is going to technically be wr2 but still have a handful games where he carries the load. It's only week 4 and it's not the worst thing to keep someone like that stashed for injuries and byes.

WastedHippy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 129
« Reply #171 on: September 30, 2023, 02:19:44 PM »

If you are in the OG league, I have  Justice Hill, Kenneth Gainwell, Brian Robinson Jr I'm willing to part ways with. Potentially Zack Moss too once Barkley is back

Sizzle

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #172 on: October 01, 2023, 07:14:43 AM »
Absolutely SICK I beched Ridley for nico collins. This is why I set and forget. The pain of actively benching someone who ends up balling out is far greater than the pain of a bench player balling out

Edit: naw I was right
« Last Edit: October 01, 2023, 02:15:12 PM by Sizzle »

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #173 on: October 01, 2023, 09:36:31 AM »
Just won $166.66 in a .25 DFS contest. Started the jags D in my captain spot and threw Jonnu in on a whim as my cheapo spot. Pretty schweet. I won one last year too but it was split between more people so it was only like $125, I'm pretty sure this is my biggest public DFS win.

lamfordie

• Trade Count: (-1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 300
« Reply #174 on: October 01, 2023, 06:28:22 PM »
Fuck Miles Sanders and the Panthers offense

rawr1922

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #175 on: October 01, 2023, 06:36:47 PM »
Fuck Miles Sanders and the Panthers offense
LOLZ

rawr1922

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #176 on: October 01, 2023, 08:30:53 PM »
And I’m happy Sizzle experiencing this high right now . The fall be more intense + epic. Long season . Doesn’t matter how you start , matters how you finish . He gonna be humbled into oblivion . 

YOUR EGO NOT YOUR AMIGO 

Also I feel like Dale Jr occupied with life right now . Hope you’re at peace, happy , + okay amigo. Something seems off… he always a guru in all sports

Sizzle

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #177 on: October 02, 2023, 07:35:13 PM »
And I’m happy Sizzle experiencing this high right now . The fall be more intense + epic. Long season . Doesn’t matter how you start , matters how you finish . He gonna be humbled into oblivion . 

YOUR EGO NOT YOUR AMIGO 
Jesus Christ dude relax, I literally said I thought you were gonna win this week, as I have pretty much every other week. It’s fucking fantasy football this shit is 90% luck and 10% watching the wire. I barely watch football outside of the ravens so I practically autodrafted half my team, I didn’t even know who fucking Achane was before the draft. I hope I don’t give the impression that I’m gloating about doing well, or being obnoxious, I’m enjoying having some fun with you guys and it makes watching non-ravens games more interesting. Truly perplexed at what gave that impression. I honestly think I’m gonna finish pretty strong, 10-4, and get knocked out second round of playoffs, maybe first. Bad feeling about Lamar getting hurt middle of the season for like four games and feel like I’m gonna have a bad rb injury too, maybe cook. All blessings and love to yours and yourself not that upset just coming from a place of love. Love all u guys (even the homies in the OG league.)

PS somebody could theoretically entice me into trading tua who’s gonna be decent this year

doomstation55

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 903
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • [b]TEAM DOOM MS 2018[/b] avatar image
« Reply #178 on: October 02, 2023, 08:41:39 PM »
Lmao I was down like 20 points at the start of the game tn with the Seattle D and won by like .4

WastedHippy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 129
« Reply #179 on: October 02, 2023, 11:47:09 PM »
Lmao I was down like 20 points at the start of the game tn with the Seattle D and won by like .4

You have no idea how much that hurt me, being a giants fan as well it was just a horrible week 😂😭