Author Topic: Flora Episode 3 - Mark Suciu  (Read 21122 times)

Lucky_Basek

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 56
Re: Flora Episode 3 - Mark Suciu
« Reply #210 on: December 03, 2021, 11:18:30 PM »
Ok if you hate on this you just don't love skateboarding. That was amazing and I'll fight anyone that says it isn't. I got high as fuck and replayed every single trick in the last two minutes so many fucking times. I've literally day dreamed about some of these tricks and hoped someone would do them one day. Front 180 switch fs feeble? and then that switch?? Fuck anyone that doesn't love this yall don't have a soul.

This

pbj

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 24
« Reply #211 on: December 03, 2021, 11:19:50 PM »
He literally one upped Yuto's ender as his own. That's the most gangster thing I've ever seen. Fuck me.

one upped?? idk about that one

Lucky_Basek

• Rep: 56
« Reply #212 on: December 03, 2021, 11:28:30 PM »
Expand Quote
Ugh like he didn’t have SOTY before this.. I wish he would have just waited till January instead of making the most obvious SOTY run ever.

Looking forward to this, should be sick
[close]

only in skateboarding is it uncouth to do your job well and often lmao... can't look TOO invested folks, that's not CORE!!!  8)

Yep. Only in skateboarding. one of the best ever to do it puts out five parts in a few months (Blue Dog, Philly, Curve, Spitfire and Flora III). Skates iconic spots. Skates never seen spots. Does tricks few people have imagined before. It is all free. We can watch them all 400 times. He put out 11minutes in 2019 and it didn't work. So he films multiple parts with different filmers. He sees Mason won with 3 parts in 2020. He makes 5 parts to be sure. He seeks recognition from the monopolistic media agent of the culture that treats skaters with a brain like outcasts. And people hate. "Burnett! Come quick. Mark's readin' again!"

BugleBites

• Rep: -68
« Reply #213 on: December 03, 2021, 11:33:04 PM »
He literally one upped Yuto's ender as his own. That's the most gangster thing I've ever seen. Fuck me.

???

Coulda' sworn they're two completely different tricks at drastically different spots. Did Mark have a nollie 270 kickflip front board down Hollywood 16 after the credits that I missed? 

City of Drunken Totems

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 88
  • I lovuh da guile
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #214 on: December 03, 2021, 11:47:51 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Sorry yuto, game over.

Blatant soty push is whack but you just cant argue with marks skating. Ludicrously good
[close]

He’s just doing his job - and doing it very very well.

I hate the “it’s cool to not try” mentality.
[close]

Plus, if you don't think pretty much every SOTY in the last 10 years wasn't gunning for it you're out of your mind.
[close]

You're not wrong, just seems like past couple years the attempts have been more obvious which has bothered me a bit. Maybe that will become the new norm and thats ok, I just have to adjust to it.

Anyways, max palmer for soty.

Mark's gonna win tho, he went off
[close]

Mason felt organic and took advantage of the pandemic.   He was just having a year and was skating at a high level and kept going until the wheels fell off.   When he had a parts worth of footage he released it
Do you really think Mason chose when his parts came out? I'm sure Deluxe and Nike knew exactly what they were doing.

listentoaheartbeat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 187
« Reply #215 on: December 04, 2021, 12:20:24 AM »
Watching this for the second time made me realize that I have not even begun to grasp the full scope of what he has done. I’ll have to watch it again.

donny2chugs

• Rep: 0
« Reply #216 on: December 04, 2021, 12:24:36 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Holy fuck lmao it will take a while to process that last section. I’ve always wanted to see that fakie switch Hurricane come out switch thingy
[close]

Part was unbelievable. That said, did wanna point out that Van Vark did that one already.. But such a sick looking trick
http://youtu.be/2oxZrqXIsJc?t=435
[close]

I think Thrasher wrote up a little 2 page spread in a magazine because they both did this trick around the same time and got sequences of them too.
[close]

That trick has been on my mind all year. I bought a TVV deck earlier this year cuz of that part. Do you know what issue that’s in? I conceptualize the trick as a fakie grapefruit grind. Been doing it in my skate video games.

Here is the Thrasher article on it. Pretty rad that they didn't bother trying to figure out who did it first, just that they did the same NBD at around the same time.

QixHexagon

• Rep: 29
« Reply #217 on: December 04, 2021, 01:41:43 AM »
Mark Sotyu.

Some heavy NBDs in those rails. Loved the song choices too (BR kind of felt nice with the weather in those spots).

TrainWreck

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -77
« Reply #218 on: December 04, 2021, 02:32:52 AM »
I missed the Moncler ski mask during his ender

just give this guy soty already

second_domain

• Rep: -4
« Reply #219 on: December 04, 2021, 02:43:51 AM »
Good morning...any new Suciu part today? Maybe a 10 minute bowl part?
Soty without a doubt.

eranka

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 203
« Reply #220 on: December 04, 2021, 02:59:49 AM »
if SOTY campaigns are what needed to make skaters motivated to go all out like this im all for it.
incredible part.

mclovin1336

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 75
« Reply #221 on: December 04, 2021, 03:11:11 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Suciu on coke confirmed… went from Mirror lines to full on rails
[close]

Underrated comment right here.
[close]

Agreed. That wins Comment Of The Year in my book

it is very very good, gonna gnarr the shit out of it

Doom patrol

• Rep: 70
« Reply #222 on: December 04, 2021, 03:35:27 AM »
Last two minutes I felt like the guy at the end of 2001: A space odyssey.

JohnBolton

• Rep: -44
« Reply #223 on: December 04, 2021, 04:32:03 AM »
was all excited to watch the part after reading this thread expecting to have my mind blown. got a bunch filler shit and forgetful techy bullshit tricks on 6-7 stair handrails. left a bad taste in my mouth.

kinda want thrasher to give this nerd soty so that he stops trying so hard and we don't have to watch this bullshit anymore.

RichardBarkley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -764
« Reply #224 on: December 04, 2021, 04:37:03 AM »
was all excited to watch the part after reading this thread expecting to have my mind blown. got a bunch filler shit and forgetful techy bullshit tricks on 6-7 stair handrails. left a bad taste in my mouth.

kinda want thrasher to give this nerd soty so that he stops trying so hard and we don't have to watch this bullshit anymore.

You're unhappy

I can tell
I want to fight you so badly richard
Please give me your address ill make it my life goal to punsh your face in

skate_or_dingus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 263
« Reply #225 on: December 04, 2021, 04:41:35 AM »
Hi y'all, just stopping by to let you know that my opinions are trash.

listentoaheartbeat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 187
« Reply #226 on: December 04, 2021, 05:03:58 AM »
Last two minutes I felt like the guy at the end of 2001: A space odyssey.

VHS ERA

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 211
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #227 on: December 04, 2021, 05:04:16 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Ugh like he didn’t have SOTY before this.. I wish he would have just waited till January instead of making the most obvious SOTY run ever.

[close]

only in skateboarding is it uncouth to do your job well and often lmao... can't look TOO invested folks, that's not CORE!!!  8)
[close]

Yep. Only in skateboarding. one of the best ever to do it puts out five parts in a few months (Blue Dog, Philly, Curve, Spitfire and Flora III). Skates iconic spots. Skates never seen spots. Does tricks few people have imagined before. It is all free. We can watch them all 400 times. He put out 11minutes in 2019 and it didn't work. So he films multiple parts with different filmers. He sees Mason won with 3 parts in 2020. He makes 5 parts to be sure. He seeks recognition from the monopolistic media agent of the culture that treats skaters with a brain like outcasts. And people hate. "Burnett! Come quick. Mark's readin' again!"
Lol

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 712
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #228 on: December 04, 2021, 05:18:09 AM »

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

HiResDes

• Rep: -39
« Reply #229 on: December 04, 2021, 06:30:02 AM »
What was that trick at the end, nollie 360 five-0

yungthug

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -32
« Reply #230 on: December 04, 2021, 06:31:28 AM »
What was that trick at the end, nollie 360 switch nosegrind?
Helipop switch back lip

lavachebeadsman

• Rep: -4
« Reply #231 on: December 04, 2021, 07:01:53 AM »

What’s the last skate video you liked

RichardBarkley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -764
« Reply #232 on: December 04, 2021, 07:05:25 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

What’s the last skate video you liked

He likes the X Games videos. He posted a load of them before.
I want to fight you so badly richard
Please give me your address ill make it my life goal to punsh your face in

DISTANT RUMOURS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 403
« Reply #233 on: December 04, 2021, 07:22:39 AM »

Shut up Nyjah

Big Skatefase

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 561
« Reply #234 on: December 04, 2021, 07:52:18 AM »
Ok if you hate on this you just don't love skateboarding.

Allen.

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 729
    • Cigarettes for Cardio avatar image
« Reply #235 on: December 04, 2021, 07:57:52 AM »
Needed someone to win SOTY skating to a shoegazy song

And I love the Detroit* representation
For someone w.no signature ur awfully hostile, & that is why I do this

NE SEctor

• Rep: -22
« Reply #236 on: December 04, 2021, 08:09:03 AM »
Ok this was cool i guess but how fast can he chug a beer? Has he ever intentionally damaged property after landing a trick for no good reason? Smh #notmysoty

Shuh

• Rep: 4
« Reply #237 on: December 04, 2021, 08:20:17 AM »
Ok this was cool i guess but how fast can he chug a beer? Has he ever intentionally damaged property after landing a trick for no good reason? Smh #notmysoty

Edgiest thing he could do is admit that he reads Jung to his peers.

DCLOVE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -487
« Reply #238 on: December 04, 2021, 08:22:27 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

He only put out 4 parts. That Philly thing your referencing is from like 5 years ago adidas just reuploaded it last month for whatever reason. Even says archive in the title.
PINE 2009, 2010, 2011, 2020, PINE STILL MAKIN' MONEY.

Brguy

« Reply #239 on: December 04, 2021, 08:48:30 AM »
I'm like what the fuck just happened..

It's like it's penis measuring contest; Suciu shows off an average sized penis, but it's an incredibly beautiful, complex, unheard off, never seen before, breathtaking, astonishingly uncompromised, magnificent, average-and a whole fuck load of motion in the ocean-sized penis.
Best description. The complexity factor is unacknowledged in the SOTY run because everyone knows that doing tricks just because is way cooler than thinking about it though. Posting this as the heel of the thread because everyone else is already on his dick.