Author Topic: ROGER Skate Co New video SUCKER PUNCH  (Read 1924 times)

ExpensiveHandjoe

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 22
ROGER Skate Co New video SUCKER PUNCH
« on: December 19, 2022, 12:21:34 PM »

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 859
Re: ROGER Skate Co New video SUCKER PUNCH
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2022, 12:24:10 AM »
This was sick. Been thinking about that dork punching Austin when he wasn't looking all day tho lol

Robert Baratheon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 40
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2022, 07:03:03 AM »
Don't think he should've been punched but what is up with dudes running into pedestrians while street skating and acting like they shouldn't apologize?
« Last Edit: December 20, 2022, 07:12:32 AM by Robert Baratheon »

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 859
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2022, 07:20:06 AM »
Don't think he should've been punched but what is up with dudes running into pedestrians while street skating and acting like they shouldn't apologize?
It's like a tennis match of who's more wrong. I guess it's edited but looks like he didn't even have time to say sorry before getting hit.

69woodpusher69

• Rep: 3
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2022, 08:17:11 AM »
about as boring as their board graphics. that one kid with a haircut like chupacabra makes me uncomfortable lol

NoComply180

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -460
  • Objectivity police
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2022, 08:19:33 AM »
I always like their videos and this was no exception

Him ah fall off building an bumboclot him legs

backside_frontside

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -302
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2022, 08:21:55 AM »
Bummed there was only three Ryan Thompson clips. I like Roger as a brand but I’m pretty meh on the whole team except for Ryan Thompson because he’s just so sick.

IpathCats

« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2022, 10:45:45 AM »
I feel like i just didnt like roger for any good reason.

But then i watched this, and i had no good reason to like them.

ApesPissed

• Rep: 59
« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2022, 06:24:01 PM »
No their strongest video but some crazy shit in there. Definitely my favorite Austin Amelio footage Ive seen, he had some bangers. Garrett has put out way better parts but his ender on the ski jump is insane. That thing is so damn hard to skate. I’m not good, but I couldn’t even get close to an Ollie on it when I tried years ago. Need more max Taylor clips he’s the best.

linzrobertson

• Rep: -42
« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2022, 08:59:27 PM »
Lots of great skating in there. I like roger. In regards to the dude getting socked in the face, you’re skating in a basketball court in Brooklyn, while dudes are playing basketball, and then you ram right into one. Can’t say he didn’t get what was coming to him and I suppose there was nothing that could be done, scrawny skater from Texas vs. 10 dudes.. fortunately it didn’t look like such a hard blow. Dude skates like an eagle though, got some great stance.

CossRooper

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 140
  • What are you up to, drawing leafs?
    • timecube avatar image
« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2022, 09:07:25 PM »
i was surprised by how much i enjoyed this

reese barton is sick

that austin amelio punch was glorious. the way he sorta acted like nothing happened and ignored him... i can see how he got decked

also the amelio clips were pretty great. did not know dude ripped that hard

shoutout to this brand for creating austin texas skateboards, no comply hardgoods co, house park the brand... I think just making a regional company was the move.

i miss ryan holloway being involved with sieben brands. i know he's off doing nuclear physics or whatever but that dude ripped in his day

midnitecruiser

• Rep: -66
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2022, 10:19:36 PM »
from skatepartreviews.substack.com

I’ve been a fan of Roger Skateboards since Bill Pierce was Roger of the Month. 20% Skateboarding, 80% weed and cobras shows the fried egg in a ditch outsider art perspective I’m glad exists in an Austin, Texas alternate universe that kept going after Slacker ended and never veered into vindictivism. I can’t name a person on Roger’s team off the top of my head, but when I see Transworld hosting this 17 minute SuckerPunch I flip on my internet shack’s modem and dial up:

Roger’s Mr. Yuk icon sticks out his tongue at us, then a nod to the good folks at no-comply and we’re straight into scene. An unnamed skater with Diego Bucchieri style hair and raver flair takes a little push atop a high ledge, drops onto 5050 for 10 feet grind along a mellowly descending flatbar as camera pans out to reveal the 11 foot drop he pops off backside to make. He scoops an instinctive impossible fresh in his body high and rolls into his friend in a yellow basketball jersey’s waiting embrace as the rest of the gang, including dude wearing an airplane pillow, gathers in congratulation. We get a second angle of this daring do as Loretta Lynn starts singing “Well you thought I’d be waiting up when you came home last night,” and the extended afterpartying, wherein fellas empty Lone Stars into an ice bath, shoot craps against the sideways skate deck, and generally carry on suggests Loretta might have just cause to be upset with her wayward man until in next clip, another skater hits the same spot’s double set with a back 180. Camera pans to our unnamed first skater, with holes shredded through above the back pockets of his wallet chain jeans to reveal purple underwear, ecstatic for a friend to share in success. If he comes home late he had his reasons like these and I’m curious to see what else he’s been getting into.

Here he is in lifestyle footy, wearing a PunkAndYo shirt with a smoke ready to light, pouring out the first taste of his cold popped can in a show of respect that hints at hard lessons learned at a young age. Next clip he’s rolling shirtless in baggy black jeans, checkerboard belt, and black shoes to slappy a tall corner pocket crook out fakie, then Kevin Romar’s a switch front 180 into next bank, ride off that drop regular to don’t look back while we see scraped scars above his pilonidal that explain the blown out pants we saw earlier. Next line switch backside carves frontside powerslide to regular, then hits slappy crooks over an out ledge. Some skaters go so hard to reach diminishing returns on investment, so good to see this fellow making a statement with style to spare, a postmodern, anti formalist tactical no tricks approach where to do anything more complicated would be foolish.

I guess this dude is 22 years old (just found his IG before publishing, today is his 23rd birthday!) His sidewalk gap to noseblunt slide across pedestrian island comments on Texas transit spaces, followed by a narrow, high flat gap to back 5050 to pop out and down, quite gnarly in the same style as his first trick. Next clip he lifts nollie into lipslide over a little bridge as a single. The tricks alternate between subtlely fried and highly frazzled, suggesting constant pedestal operation from galaxial vantage. Another no pop nollie into front tailslide shove facilitates another second trick impossible with hang ten landing along black sidewalk on black wheels. A close up beetle shot zooms out to see said scarab is chilling on his t-shirt. No comply front tail shows further commitment to this no pop lifestyle where the easiest way out exists for a reason. I think Roger made coozies that said “Drink smarder not harder” and this embodies that.

Don’t forget Texas heat envelopes these sessions, so he and a cohort buy bottled water from a roving vendor, drink to fill and pour the rest in their hair. The friend uses a W guardrail as transfer aid to crooked grind pop into bank. Starboy here follows with back 5050 pressure heel flip out and down. Excitement over this harebrained dream turned real, make way, prompts a longlocked friend lurking below to pantomime rolling dice along exit route since his friend just hit six and a snake eye looking like Trainwreck Gall. Or maybe he looks like Sean Pablo mixed with Aiden, mugging through a fence. He finishes an endless unnumbered afternoon at the quikcreted Austin High Ditch in long shorts and camo tee popping an ollie one foot over random rock then smile to grind front 5-0 across the bank to bank breatdh before body varial out. He pops fakie front shove on flat and his homie backs him up with a combo that shows how hard the rest have to work in attempts to keep up with this elusive cool breeze. Part over, we watch until credits, when he reappears to run up a seawall and backflip off. His name is Cosmo Martinez-Glenn, which makes sense and is what we needed to know. It’s still yesterday in Texas…

ashthrower

• Rep: -11
« Reply #12 on: December 21, 2022, 09:28:22 AM »

I’ve been a fan of Roger Skateboards since Bill Pierce was Roger of the Month. 20% Skateboarding, 80% weed and cobras shows the fried egg in a ditch outsider art perspective I’m glad exists in an Austin, Texas alternate universe that kept going after Slacker ended and never veered into vindictivism. I can’t name a person on Roger’s team off the top of my head, but when I see Transworld hosting this 17 minute SuckerPunch I flip on my internet shack’s modem and dial up:

Roger’s Mr. Yuk icon sticks out his tongue at us, then a nod to the good folks at no-comply and we’re straight into scene. An unnamed skater with Diego Bucchieri style hair and raver flair takes a little push atop a high ledge, drops onto 5050 for 10 feet grind along a mellowly descending flatbar as camera pans out to reveal the 11 foot drop he pops off backside to make. He scoops an instinctive impossible fresh in his body high and rolls into his friend in a yellow basketball jersey’s waiting embrace as the rest of the gang, including dude wearing an airplane pillow, gathers in congratulation. We get a second angle of this daring do as Loretta Lynn starts singing “Well you thought I’d be waiting up when you came home last night,” and the extended afterpartying, wherein fellas empty Lone Stars into an ice bath, shoot craps against the sideways skate deck, and generally carry on suggests Loretta might have just cause to be upset with her wayward man until in next clip, another skater hits the same spot’s double set with a back 180. Camera pans to our unnamed first skater, with holes shredded through above the back pockets of his wallet chain jeans to reveal purple underwear, ecstatic for a friend to share in success. If he comes home late he had his reasons like these and I’m curious to see what else he’s been getting into.

Here he is in lifestyle footy, wearing a PunkAndYo shirt with a smoke ready to light, pouring out the first taste of his cold popped can in a show of respect that hints at hard lessons learned at a young age. Next clip he’s rolling shirtless in baggy black jeans, checkerboard belt, and black shoes to slappy a tall corner pocket crook out fakie, then Kevin Romar’s a switch front 180 into next bank, ride off that drop regular to don’t look back while we see scraped scars above his pilonidal that explain the blown out pants we saw earlier. Next line switch backside carves frontside powerslide to regular, then hits slappy crooks over an out ledge. Some skaters go so hard to reach diminishing returns on investment, so good to see this fellow making a statement with style to spare, a postmodern, anti formalist tactical no tricks approach where to do anything more complicated would be foolish.

I guess this dude is 22 years old (just found his IG before publishing, today is his 23rd birthday!) His sidewalk gap to noseblunt slide across pedestrian island comments on Texas transit spaces, followed by a narrow, high flat gap to back 5050 to pop out and down, quite gnarly in the same style as his first trick. Next clip he lifts nollie into lipslide over a little bridge as a single. The tricks alternate between subtlely fried and highly frazzled, suggesting constant pedestal operation from galaxial vantage. Another no pop nollie into front tailslide shove facilitates another second trick impossible with hang ten landing along black sidewalk on black wheels. A close up beetle shot zooms out to see said scarab is chilling on his t-shirt. No comply front tail shows further commitment to this no pop lifestyle where the easiest way out exists for a reason. I think Roger made coozies that said “Drink smarder not harder” and this embodies that.

Don’t forget Texas heat envelopes these sessions, so he and a cohort buy bottled water from a roving vendor, drink to fill and pour the rest in their hair. The friend uses a W guardrail as transfer aid to crooked grind pop into bank. Starboy here follows with back 5050 pressure heel flip out and down. Excitement over this harebrained dream turned real, make way, prompts a longlocked friend lurking below to pantomime rolling dice along exit route since his friend just hit six and a snake eye looking like Trainwreck Gall. Or maybe he looks like Sean Pablo mixed with Aiden, mugging through a fence. He finishes an endless unnumbered afternoon at the quikcreted Austin High Ditch in long shorts and camo tee popping an ollie one foot over random rock then smile to grind front 5-0 across the bank to bank breatdh before body varial out. He pops fakie front shove on flat and his homie backs him up with a combo that shows how hard the rest have to work in attempts to keep up with this elusive cool breeze. Part over, we watch until credits, when he reappears to run up a seawall and backflip off. His name is Cosmo Martinez-Glenn, which makes sense and is what we needed to know. It’s still yesterday in Texas…

wtf

versacekid420

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1261
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #13 on: December 21, 2022, 10:56:27 AM »

on god

Fartknocker415

• Rep: -45
« Reply #14 on: December 21, 2022, 03:29:31 PM »
i enjoyed this

reese barton is sick

shoutout to this brand for creating austin texas skateboards, no comply hardgoods co, house park the brand... I think just making a regional company was the move.

Yes