Author Topic: Made in USA/Europe trucks?  (Read 447 times)

antarctica

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 21
  • why
Made in USA/Europe trucks?
« on: March 24, 2024, 08:30:20 PM »
Pardon if this is a redundant question but are there still any trucks companies that make their in the US? I know Lurpivs original run was made in Sweden but apparently they've moved into where ace gets theirs made for the upcoming drop. Im not some hippy or crazy patriot but I would prefer to skate trucks made in the US to be frank

Frank and Fred

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 822
Re: Made in USA/Europe trucks?
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2024, 08:50:32 PM »
Tracker and Gullwing?

radcunt

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 501
    • FARTPISS DOGCUM avatar image
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2024, 09:52:22 PM »
I dunno, but S&M Bikes are fully made in the USA against all odds, and they're the sickest bikes.  Partly subsidized by FIT bikes being made in China though, but Chris Moeller would know what it'd take to make trucks in the states if you wanna start a brand.

Roger__Kook

• Rep: 5
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2024, 05:23:33 AM »
Iron Trucks (HLC Distributions own brand) are/were made somewhere in Europe last time I checked, but they are a budget truck and the quality control reflects this. Okay for the price but definitely a step down from the bigger manufacturers.

roba

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 793
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2024, 07:56:29 AM »
Iron Trucks (HLC Distributions own brand) are/were made somewhere in Europe last time I checked, but they are a budget truck and the quality control reflects this. Okay for the price but definitely a step down from the bigger manufacturers.

tldr shit trucks, on par with tensor alloys. in the past ~8 years about 9 in 10 broken trucks i saw were irons

Síota

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 810
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2024, 10:02:55 AM »
I dunno, but S&M Bikes are fully made in the USA against all odds, and they're the sickest bikes.  Partly subsidized by FIT bikes being made in China though, but Chris Moeller would know what it'd take to make trucks in the states if you wanna start a brand.
Got two S&M's . Always wanted one as a kid. Expensive but will last forever. Plus the have a sick team. Hoder going up the carwash was my lightbulb moment to by a modern bmx.

Allen.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 736
    • Cigarettes for Cardio avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2024, 04:17:38 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Got two S&M's . Always wanted one as a kid. Expensive but will last forever. Plus the have a sick team. Hoder going up the carwash was my lightbulb moment to by a modern bmx.

Wait, the carwash? Like… ramp to the roof?
For someone w.no signature ur awfully hostile, & that is why I do this

radcunt

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2024, 04:47:02 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Yeah love em. Moeller is a legend. I love the mid 90s dirtbikes, just a perfect bmx. I’ve got a chrome 24 Dirtbike for cruising, such a clean bike.

Their commitment to making their own stuff is so sick and show it’s possible if you’re willing to work on something you believe in and know your shit. Makes me think that more skate companies should press their own boards instead of just being endless vanity projects.

radcunt

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2024, 04:49:54 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

https://youtu.be/Vugtlpnpb-U?si=TNLPRrPJqofVtIi3

1:40. They make something so insane seem chill with the song lol

BALARGUE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 636
    • Balargue Skateshop avatar image
« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2024, 06:53:57 AM »

The older ones with the star were budget trucks
But it seems they are coming with a new truck

https://store.hlcdist.com/brand/iron-trucks/

Boards, trucks and wheels made in Spain

trucks around 35sec
« Last Edit: March 27, 2024, 07:01:25 AM by BALARGUE »

Síota

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 810
« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2024, 07:52:49 AM »

Allen.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 736
    • Cigarettes for Cardio avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2024, 09:29:07 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]

https://youtu.be/Vugtlpnpb-U?si=TNLPRrPJqofVtIi3

1:40. They make something so insane seem chill with the song lol

Holy shit hahah. That’s fucking cool. Respect to all the BMXers out there that ride like a skateboarder would.
For someone w.no signature ur awfully hostile, & that is why I do this

Turtle Boy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 171
« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2024, 09:44:50 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

The older ones with the star were budget trucks
But it seems they are coming with a new truck

https://store.hlcdist.com/brand/iron-trucks/

Boards, trucks and wheels made in Spain

trucks around 35sec

Heard rather good things about those new trucks by people who have been testing them for months. They seem to turn between Ace and Indys. I don't know what you can buy for less than 35€ a pair in Europe, but if your budget is tight or if you want to build a second complete for transition or cruise it could be a good cost-effective and environment-friendly option.

PolkaV

• Rep: 0
« Reply #13 on: April 06, 2024, 08:11:02 AM »
The last set of Tracker Axis trucks I bought were USA.  Too bad I cracked the cast baseplate just doing flatland stuff.  Tracker doesn't seem interested in forging baseplates, so I'm not buying from them anymore.

I emailed Venture last week and the guy said their stuff is now made in Mexico, which to me is still better than China for various reasons, but not ideal.

I still have a pair of Indy stage 8s (purchased new in '98) on one board that have held up after all these years.  I'm watching Ebay for more of those.

GBLange

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 276
« Reply #14 on: April 07, 2024, 09:18:15 AM »
grindking trucks ?

PolkaV

• Rep: 0
« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2024, 07:59:44 PM »

lulz

• Rep: 73
« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2024, 10:02:16 PM »

I emailed Venture last week and the guy said their stuff is now made in Mexico, which to me is still better than China for various reasons, but not ideal.

What? So thunders and ventures are made in Mexico as of early 2023?
Guess it makes sense, after spitfires and bbs…..