Author Topic: New Tony part ‘tapes you leave behind’  (Read 3938 times)

j....soy.....

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1583
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: New Tony part ‘tapes you leave behind’
« Reply #60 on: December 11, 2023, 06:14:20 PM »
I interviewed Tom Green when Freddy Got Fingered dropped, he was super cool, knew what Concrete Powder was gave me the advice of….‘don’t marry anyone famous….’

I’m sure T-Hawk has some better ones….he talks about a lot of shit on his podcast, but you are correct, not a lot of talking about the birdhouse team…he seems to know his audience…

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 858
« Reply #61 on: December 11, 2023, 06:21:17 PM »
^also gotta keep Ellis somewhat engaged. Start talking about street skating and pros he doesn't know from the 90s or even worse the 00s and that show will fall apart

gub

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 224
« Reply #62 on: December 11, 2023, 08:19:42 PM »
front crook to fakie got me juiced.

BIRD MAN

radcunt

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 502
    • FARTPISS DOGCUM avatar image
« Reply #63 on: December 11, 2023, 08:53:12 PM »
^also gotta keep Ellis somewhat engaged. Start talking about street skating and pros he doesn't know from the 90s or even worse the 00s and that show will fall apart

Manbaby would sook his Tatts off

radcunt

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #64 on: December 11, 2023, 08:55:57 PM »
Expand Quote
Got a tad emotional in the kinda corny bones brigade section, a real watermark for the passing of time.  Say what you want about his cheesyness, but Tonys had a wild & long career & to even bother going this hard is some real skate rat shit and I fuckin' love it.
[close]

Is it me, or is it weird to anyone else that Tony spends way more time talking about the legacy of the Bones Brigade and not the board company he started and rode for over the past 30 years? If you look at all the people who have ridden for Birdhouse over the years (Reynolds, Kirchart, Berra, Greco, Klein, McCrank, Santos), the lineup is arguably as heavy and not arguably more influential to the modern landscape of street skating than the Bones Brigade team.

Yeah but the Bones Brigade was his childhood / golden years. Start of a sport, he’s basically on top of the world for years with the best team along side him. And he loves Stacy too.  Must be wild to reflect on. I reckon birdhouse would have some hard memories.

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1583
« Reply #65 on: December 11, 2023, 09:05:16 PM »
yah, it would have been sick if they had spliced in a bunch of footage with Jaws raving, Elliot Sloan skating a mega ramp by himself, Lizzie drinking bubble tea and David Loy.....and Clint Walker.......

Fuck you for making me look up who even rides for Birdhouse....

Allen.

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 731
    • Cigarettes for Cardio avatar image
« Reply #66 on: December 11, 2023, 09:46:45 PM »
I think part of it could be that Tony is more comfortable flaunting something that he was a part of, versus something he started.

Flaunting doesn’t seem like the right word but… I’m not sure what else to use.
For someone w.no signature ur awfully hostile, & that is why I do this

radcunt

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #67 on: December 11, 2023, 09:56:35 PM »
It’s bookends to his career as a filmed pro skater. I love it.

DCLOVE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -489
« Reply #68 on: December 11, 2023, 10:00:27 PM »
The shit he comes up on those lip tricks are mind boggling in general let alone in your 50s. I don’t care if he never intentionally films again but I hope he keeps putting out clips on ig or something if he’s gonna be this creative on his way out. Tonys the man , skateboarding is so cool.
PINE 2009, 2010, 2011, 2020, PINE STILL MAKIN' MONEY.

DISTANT RUMOURS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 405
« Reply #69 on: December 12, 2023, 01:28:23 AM »
Expand Quote
Got a tad emotional in the kinda corny bones brigade section, a real watermark for the passing of time.  Say what you want about his cheesyness, but Tonys had a wild & long career & to even bother going this hard is some real skate rat shit and I fuckin' love it.
[close]

Is it me, or is it weird to anyone else that Tony spends way more time talking about the legacy of the Bones Brigade and not the board company he started and rode for over the past 30 years? If you look at all the people who have ridden for Birdhouse over the years (Reynolds, Kirchart, Berra, Greco, Klein, McCrank, Santos), the lineup is arguably as heavy and not arguably more influential to the modern landscape of street skating than the Bones Brigade team.

I think you have to look at it more from a "he still knows where he came from" point of view.
Everything he did in skateboarding after his time on Powell stems from that short era in his life.
That's what shaped him as a skater, nterepeneur etc. and I think this was just his way of showing that.

The part itself is absolutely mindblowing. The fact that he kind of "reshaped" himself into a vertskater that does more technical liptricks is pretty insane in itself. But the guy comes up with NBD's at 55 years of age!

You just can't deny the greatness here.

Much respect.