Author Topic: PART 2: Jenkem article on skaters with embarrassing tattoos  (Read 6826 times)

HATE!

Here's the sequel to my original article on skaters with embarrassing tattoos in Jenkem:

http://www.jenkemmag.com/home/2012/05/25/5-more-embarrassing-pro-skateboarder-tattoos/

finknoos

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -170
  • Typos here there and everywhere
Re: PART 2: Jenkem article on skaters with embarrassing tattoos
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2012, 08:18:55 AM »
Nicely worded, i was wondering how twuan didnt make the first list, boom here he is in his rightful place.

Mouth

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -297
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2012, 08:29:35 AM »
No doubt Jereme spent weeks doing Clint Eastwood impressions with his shirt off in front of the mirror after getting those tats.

In fact, he's probably doing that right now.

'No Mouth, you have a negative rep because you are a fan of growing your wealth off of the backs of low paid workers and brag about having bodyguards. You literally kook people for doing charity in South East Asia. Don't deny it.'

chockfullofthat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 176
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2012, 08:34:12 AM »
Haha fuck.  That's the worst chest tattoo I've ever seen. 

Matze

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -19
    • www.matthiaswinkel.com avatar image
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2012, 10:10:34 AM »
Haha fuck.  That's the worst chest tattoo I've ever seen. 

just the "exreme" one is better

via

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 239
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2012, 10:58:35 AM »
Expand Quote
Nicely worded, i was wondering how twuan didnt make the first list, boom here he is in his rightful place.
[close]

I had originally thought to put him by himself, but I thought doing a group thing with the whole Bake Junt Wish thing made more sense.  Pissed I couldn't track down a photo of Herman's marijuana leaf oral sex joint though.

I couldn't find it either, but this deck is the shit. Best graphic Baker has ever put out, by far.

Another honorable mention for terrible tattoos...

Kurtis Colamonico

Braydon also has his own silhouette tattooed on his arm .

Edit: forgot to say, awesome article. I hadn't seen Duncombes legs or Trapassos ribs. Though bear in the fridge kinda looks like it was freehanded, or maybe drawn on with a sharpie before it was done. And considering that, it's actually a little impressive.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2012, 11:01:50 AM by via »

Donkey Lips

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 990
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2012, 11:19:03 AM »
Nicely done Luke!

via

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2012, 01:15:13 PM »
HOLY SHIT, VIA!  I totally forgot about Kolamonico and had no idea his shit was SO over the top.  I'd never seen them that close up.  Jesus eating over a dead Jesus with Jesus's mom watching from above?!  Daaaaamn.

All for the sake of the Famous stars and straps family, as well.

Didn't know that was a Shel Silverstein drawing, I thought it was just a drunk party tattoo. Which, again, would have been slightly impressive. Still kinda poopy, but if it were a freehanded kitchen scratcher, it would have been kinda dope.

steve

• Rep: 45
« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2012, 02:25:35 PM »
That Mary, last supper, crucifix, back piece is outrageous!

This cat who used to hang out at the tattoo shop a while back had my boy do a memorial for his father who was a mason. The piece was looking alright for a while, it was a partially constructed cathedral, masons tools were lying about. Above the semi-cathedral however, is a rendition of the last supper. It is Jesus and the Apostles holding guns, counting money, and smoking blunts.

Luke, the never ending jobstopper is a great line. hadn't thought to add "never ending" when talking about those sort of tattoos.
I like the note that these guys have inspired a generation of suburban white kids to get face tats or just shit in absurd places for a first or early tattoo. Great work!

Applesalad

• Rep: -3
« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2012, 02:54:48 PM »
curtis definitely did go a little overboard there with the tats, but at least they all appear to be professionally done and don't look like shit like the majority of the baker crews drunken mistakes.

ratherwatch

« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2012, 02:56:12 PM »
agreed, amazing, golf clap, please more

pica

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -36
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2012, 03:04:27 PM »
curtis definitely did go a little overboard there with the tats, but at least they all appear to be professionally done and don't look like shit like the majority of the baker crews drunken mistakes.
are you kidding? the way they're arranged on his back is terrible...

Applesalad

• Rep: -3
« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2012, 03:07:33 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
i wasn't talking about how they're arranged. Clearly the arrangement on his back is regular but he prolly didnt have all those tats planned out from the start so i can understand the bad arrangement. i was more just talking about the artistic quality of the tattoos themselves. they all for the most part look like they were done by someone who knows what theyre doing.

Monty Burns

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -325
  • Release the hounds
« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2012, 03:20:48 PM »
Thats why you plan ahead with tattoos after the first one , heck even befor the first one .

So it doesnt look like some 3rd grade mosaic picture school project

via

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #14 on: May 25, 2012, 03:29:44 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
i wasn't talking about how they're arranged. Clearly the arrangement on his back is regular but he prolly didnt have all those tats planned out from the start so i can understand the bad arrangement. i was more just talking about the artistic quality of the tattoos themselves. they all for the most part look like they were done by someone who knows what theyre doing.

I see where you're coming from, but I honestly would take homie zappers of crew letters and shit before I ever thought of getting anything Kurtis has. I've got a few on my legs that were drunk kitchen work, and they look pretty rough. But they're supposed to. My upper body is the good real estate. Shitty kitchen tattoos look like they were a good time, not good tattoo work.

His chest and back look way worse than any of the Baker dudes scribble.

pica

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -36
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #15 on: May 25, 2012, 05:06:36 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
[close]

I see where you're coming from, but I honestly would take homie zappers of crew letters and shit before I ever thought of getting anything Kurtis has. I've got a few on my legs that were drunk kitchen work, and they look pretty rough. But they're supposed to. My upper body is the good real estate. Shitty kitchen tattoos look like they were a good time, not good tattoo work.

His chest and back look way worse than any of the Baker dudes scribble.

please tell me that's a dancing dick on his right elbow.
it would give him a higher level of tat-cred immediately.

Snowman

• Rep: -21
« Reply #16 on: May 25, 2012, 07:47:37 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I had originally thought to put him by himself, but I thought doing a group thing with the whole Bake Junt Wish thing made more sense.  Pissed I couldn't track down a photo of Herman's marijuana leaf oral sex joint though.

antwuans got pretty good tattoos for the most part aside from the fact that theyre everywhere.  Theres a reason he was on the cover of Thrasher solely for his tattoos.

fulfillthedream

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 327
« Reply #17 on: May 25, 2012, 08:47:47 PM »
how the hell didn't albert madrid's deathwish eyebrow tat didn't make it to this list?
Skateboarding is like jacking-off, it's that good- Jeremy Klein

[

sleepypancakes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 228
  • Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #18 on: May 26, 2012, 08:47:58 AM »
I always get asked why so and so didn't make a list or when I do end of year lists, why an album was left off- it's often for the simple reason that I don't know them.  I don't know who Albert Madrid is.
Hate, this wonderful trainwreck is Albert Madrid. He rips though

via

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #19 on: May 26, 2012, 02:07:25 PM »
He also has "Fuck You" in script across his throat.

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 386
« Reply #20 on: May 26, 2012, 04:04:02 PM »
What makes his eyebrow tattoos so bad though is the fact that he got them on one of the early Baker/Deathwish Low Life tours while flow and he never got put on the team fully. It was like Ellington and Greco saw through his attempts to impress them.

tangar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 64
  • THINK LESS
« Reply #21 on: May 26, 2012, 05:55:34 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

I had originally thought to put him by himself, but I thought doing a group thing with the whole Bake Junt Wish thing made more sense.? ? Pissed I couldn't track down a photo of Herman's marijuana leaf oral sex joint though.
[close]

antwuans got pretty good tattoos for the most part aside from the fact that theyre everywhere.? ? Theres a reason he was on the cover of Thrasher solely for his tattoos.

slap yourself

« Last Edit: May 26, 2012, 06:21:05 PM by tangar »
Man the long board truck thing killed indy for me. I was willing to set aside the racism, but long boarding, gtfo... - DH

Upgrayedd

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 446
  • Fuck Tom Knox
« Reply #22 on: May 27, 2012, 09:54:41 PM »
Yeah he pretty much got it done when it was still in it's infancy.

Slap Gravitational Waveboarding Magazine:
"We can't do it yet, but when we can it'll be sick."
-grim

scorpion1001

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 40
  • All Hail Carroll
« Reply #23 on: May 27, 2012, 10:11:19 PM »
at least it was on his side and NOT HIS GODDAMN FOREHEAD

Upgrayedd

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 446
  • Fuck Tom Knox
« Reply #24 on: May 28, 2012, 12:14:21 AM »
at least it was on his side and NOT HIS GODDAMN FOREHEAD
troof. Plus he was already a pro, not a "oh for gods sake please hook me up" flow kid

Slap Gravitational Waveboarding Magazine:
"We can't do it yet, but when we can it'll be sick."
-grim