Author Topic: Update on Cory Kennedy case?  (Read 180386 times)

matty_c

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 459
Re: Update on Cory Kennedy case?
« Reply #690 on: April 28, 2021, 12:19:49 AM »
Fuck man I reckon I could get one of those Nokia’s up my arsehole if I really had to, not sure about iphone though
listen to cosmic psychos

Madam, I'm Adam

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1376
« Reply #691 on: April 28, 2021, 04:29:09 AM »
He hid his board behind a poster of Rita Hayworth

Hahaha

arrbee

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 438
« Reply #692 on: April 28, 2021, 05:15:29 AM »
Expand Quote
He hid his board behind a poster of Rita Hayworth
[close]

Hahaha

CK1: I understand you're a man who knows how to get things.
Red : I'm known to locate certain things from time to time.
Quote from: DaveFuck
youre fucking FRIED if you think im gonna listen to dan corrigan talk about cariuma

conqueso

« Reply #693 on: April 28, 2021, 02:45:00 PM »
In a few seasons of Serial they talk to inmates and note that it is really not easy to get a phone or media time in prison.

gotta put work in if you want that jack big boy

QUSH

• Rep: -32
« Reply #694 on: April 28, 2021, 04:56:28 PM »
Expand Quote
Have a friend who was with him at the lake city park last week.  He said ck was tasked to maintain a garden while in prison and had a board buried that he'd occasionally dig up to skate.  While my homie isn't one for bullshit, I do have some reservations regarding Cory's ability to pull that off. However, if true I feel like it's something of mythic proportions.
[close]

I understand your reservations but this is just the kind of thing private islanders pull. Your homie is right on the money.

Where did this private island bullshit come from? Do people really thing vashon island is a private island? Cuz it's not lol literally anyone can go there

manysnakes

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1090
« Reply #695 on: April 28, 2021, 05:14:57 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Have a friend who was with him at the lake city park last week.  He said ck was tasked to maintain a garden while in prison and had a board buried that he'd occasionally dig up to skate.  While my homie isn't one for bullshit, I do have some reservations regarding Cory's ability to pull that off. However, if true I feel like it's something of mythic proportions.
[close]

I understand your reservations but this is just the kind of thing private islanders pull. Your homie is right on the money.
[close]

Where did this private island bullshit come from? Do people really thing vashon island is a private island? Cuz it's not lol literally anyone can go there

Someone called it a private island, we all laughed as people doubled down on this, and now it's an in-joke
This is not my SOTY. I'm telling my kids there was no SOTY for 2021

Merman

• Rep: -40
« Reply #696 on: April 28, 2021, 07:33:18 PM »
Expand Quote
How the fuck can he skate like that after not stepping on a board for 4 years though?

He has to be one of the most naturally gifted skaters I have ever seen, strikes me as similar to Ishod but Cory took it a bit less seriously.

My balance was shit after a couple months off the board at the best of times.
[close]

Not that it makes that much of a difference, but he was locked up for 2,5 years, he served that out of his 4 year sentence.
Anyway, the way he skates after a break that long is nothing short of amazing. He's definitely up there with Ishod as far as naturally gifted skaters go.

Sorry to undermine the CK mythology a little, but he was allowed home visits during those 2.5 years. There's a video of him on Instagram somewhere skating during one of those visits with his nephew. They're skating a rail on the grass in what looks like someone's backyard, likely a family reunion.

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 261
« Reply #697 on: April 28, 2021, 07:36:06 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
How the fuck can he skate like that after not stepping on a board for 4 years though?

He has to be one of the most naturally gifted skaters I have ever seen, strikes me as similar to Ishod but Cory took it a bit less seriously.

[close]

Not that it makes that much of a difference, but he was locked up for 2,5 years, he served that out of his 4 year sentence.
Anyway, the way he skates after a break that long is nothing short of amazing. He's definitely up there with Ishod as far as naturally gifted skaters go.
[close]

Sorry to undermine the CK mythology a little, but he was allowed home visits during those 2.5 years. There's a video of him on Instagram somewhere skating during one of those visits with his nephew. They're skating a rail on the grass in what looks like someone's backyard, likely a family reunion.

You mean at his grandfather’s funeral?

REGS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 110
« Reply #698 on: April 28, 2021, 07:38:48 PM »
Not super relevant, but I just saw these comments on YouTube and thought it was pretty wholesome.

ballintoohard

« Reply #699 on: April 28, 2021, 07:43:36 PM »
Expand Quote
In a few seasons of Serial they talk to inmates and note that it is really not easy to get a phone or media time in prison.
[close]

gotta put work in if you want that jack big boy

Fuck I'm an idiot I meant "it's really easy to get a phone or media time"

CHONGO

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 28
    • tumblr avatar image
« Reply #700 on: April 28, 2021, 07:59:40 PM »
Not super relevant, but I just saw these comments on YouTube and thought it was pretty wholesome.

Damn, that's awesome. What vid was this on?

DannyDee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 247
« Reply #701 on: April 28, 2021, 08:14:52 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Pretty sure it was a funeral for his father. That seems very much an exception than a common occurrence.

DannyDee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 247
« Reply #702 on: April 28, 2021, 08:30:58 PM »

He's ridiculously talented. He seems able to skate anything and had a run with Shane as arguably the best tech skater around. Even if they aren't for everyone and people enjoyed his more subdued footage post-Pretty Sweet, his ledge tricks in Beware of the Sasquatch and Pretty Sweet are still mindblowing almost a decade later. I think his first two Girl ads were a back tail hardflip transfer on a flat bar and a backtail-kickflip-backtail on a curved bench. I guess people forgot the times he was called a robot along with Shane and Mike-Mo.

moodpants

• Rep: 4
« Reply #703 on: April 28, 2021, 10:25:47 PM »

Justin Eldridge tells CK garden bed story at 24:12

Yonnycage

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -84
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #704 on: April 28, 2021, 11:39:13 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

Someone called it a private island, we all laughed as people doubled down on this, and now it's an in-joke

Yea that was all me lol. Had no idea what I was talking about but I’m glad to now be a part of SLAP mythology

Burt Ward

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 519
« Reply #705 on: May 12, 2021, 07:56:58 PM »
Now, we used to say we put on our tights to put on the world. So I don't think it tarnishes the image at all.

skrub

• Rep: -3
« Reply #706 on: May 12, 2021, 09:12:20 PM »
Did he ever, you know, like apologize for driving drunk and killing P-Stone? Pretty sure P-Stone's wife referenced that he never apologized.

passtheish

• Rep: 6
« Reply #707 on: May 12, 2021, 10:24:19 PM »
Did he ever, you know, like apologize for driving drunk and killing P-Stone? Pretty sure P-Stone's wife referenced that he never apologized.

No I think he just went to went to court, with P-stones family there, served jail time, grieved the lose of his friends. All without apologizing

Never understood takes like yours, you have no stake in his life or relationships, dude paid his debt to society and he's out, let him move on

backside_reacharound

• Rep: -215
« Reply #708 on: May 13, 2021, 12:41:38 AM »

Apologies aren't very hellride bro

Lisa96

« Reply #709 on: May 13, 2021, 05:06:30 AM »
shut the fuck up. you want some sort of instagram apology? a letter in the mail? he was in prison getting pressed because of his Trunk Boyz tat.. he may have even become a trunk boy in prison. shit i might fuck the dude after a dry spell.. i'm horny.

CAPTAIN NOBODY

« Reply #710 on: May 13, 2021, 07:59:27 AM »
P Stones wife told Cory she loved him before he went to prison. Do some research before you say something that isn’t true.

2:23

Happy to see Cory back at it.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2021, 08:25:55 AM by CAPTAIN NOBODY »

CHONGO

• SLAP Pal
    • tumblr avatar image
« Reply #711 on: May 13, 2021, 08:10:12 AM »
love the footage

CHONGO

• SLAP Pal
    • tumblr avatar image
« Reply #712 on: May 13, 2021, 08:10:47 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
P Stones wife told Cory she loved him before he went to prison. Do some research before you say something that isn’t true.

Glad to see Cory back at it.

CAPTAIN NOBODY

« Reply #713 on: May 13, 2021, 08:22:23 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

2:23

Happy to see Cory back at it now.
[close]

Theme For A Jackal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 106
« Reply #714 on: May 13, 2021, 08:44:54 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

No I think he just went to went to court, with P-stones family there, served jail time, grieved the lose of his friends. All without apologizing

Never understood takes like yours, you have no stake in his life or relationships, dude paid his debt to society and he's out, let him move on

Yeah this whole ‘well I wasn’t personally mailed a letter of apology so I don’t think he made one’ shit is laughable

‘I don’t bother to follow any of the details of this case but I’m personally invested enough to call him out for not doing things he’s already done’