Author Topic: Blast skates  (Read 221 times)

GumOnMyGrip

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • Rep: 224
Blast skates
« on: April 23, 2024, 10:40:20 AM »
Scented boards, starter setups for little kids. Snelling, Broyd, Koppl and Perez.  Amador rips.
Such a good company.

https://www.greyskatemag.com/post/pma-lukas-amador-for-blast-skates

disclosed

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 177
Re: Blast skates
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2024, 03:20:12 PM »
i love Blast. i love the team. i love the art. its all perfect.
i just can't find a shape that really works for me from them. the snelling is the best i had from them. but i pretty much stopped skating transition. and dont really wanna ride that for street.

the 9.5 looks perfect. allways great graphics, and maybe one of the most visually pleasing shapes out there. but the nose got too much flat and i just cant get used to that.

got my finger on the trigger for a scented banana deck for a long time now. but kinda selfishly waiting for them to hopefully go on sale.

Plan9Customs

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 530
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2024, 07:54:56 PM »
I’m going to add Nasir Roumou. Kids got a rad style and a great bag of tricks.

yghartsyrt

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 226
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2024, 11:15:23 PM »
Really like blast as a brand and the team. But their boards being made by quarter distribution means they are china boards, right?

Notyourmom

• Rep: 6
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2024, 12:38:48 AM »
Really like blast as a brand and the team. But their boards being made by quarter distribution means they are china boards, right?

Yes they’re. Unknown which woodshop. Was sponsored by inpeddo (one of the quarter dist brands) and after they changed to the current woodshop I quit because the boards were unskateble, way too steep nose and tail, at least for me.

yghartsyrt

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2024, 01:40:06 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Yes they’re. Unknown which woodshop. Was sponsored by inpeddo (one of the quarter dist brands) and after they changed to the current woodshop I quit because the boards were unskateble, way too steep nose and tail, at least for me.

Thanks for the insight. How was the wood in general. Don’t have too much problems with steep noses and tails

Notyourmom

• Rep: 6
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2024, 01:56:35 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Thanks for the insight. How was the wood in general. Don’t have too much problems with steep noses and tails

Wood is good. No complains here. Like most Chinese decks they are super stiff. And they have a shape guide for almost all their brands.

yghartsyrt

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2024, 02:23:52 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

Wood is good. No complains here. Like most Chinese decks they are super stiff. And they have a shape guide for almost all their brands.
Much appreciated. I feared they
 might be stuff.

disclosed

• Rep: 177
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2024, 04:00:14 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]
Much appreciated. I feared they
 might be stuff.

I think these are better than gnosis decks. Those chipped real easy and pressure cracked like crazy.
But theyre definitly stiff. reminded me of my New Deal that was china too

Also the Blast boards use a different mold than other quarter decks. But maybe only the shaped decks and not the popsicles.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2024, 08:41:06 AM by disclosed »