Author Topic: Emerica containment thread  (Read 52330 times)

freidnly guy and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Roisto

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 474
Re: Emerica containment thread
« Reply #30 on: May 14, 2023, 10:41:41 PM »
Still have quite a few pairs of the Reynolds G6s left. This shoe fits my feet so well. I’ve skated three pairs I think. Very long lasting shoe. I’ve skated a bunch of other shoes in between but am always stoked I still have a good supply of these still left.

Stoked on hearing about the forthcoming vegan offerings. I’ve been trying to mostly not buy shoes for a long time and if I do, focus on buying vegan ones.

Kook Me Amadeus

« Reply #31 on: May 14, 2023, 10:45:07 PM »
Still have quite a few pairs of the Reynolds G6s left. This shoe fits my feet so well. I’ve skated three pairs I think. Very long lasting shoe. I’ve skated a bunch of other shoes in between but am always stoked I still have a good supply of these still left.

Stoked on hearing about the forthcoming vegan offerings. I’ve been trying to mostly not buy shoes for a long time and if I do, focus on buying vegan ones.

Those are so damn tasteful.  I always messed with the black ones but that burgundy/red looks great.

peterpenis

• Rep: 8
« Reply #32 on: May 14, 2023, 11:45:12 PM »
in one of the shoe threads there was some noise about the slip cup being discontinued. is this true? do I need to panic buy?

figgy g6 looks intriguing. the pictures one the website for the all black are weird. One picture is from another model and not one picture of the inner side of the shoe, would be interesting to see how the mesh thing looks with that colorway. it's throwing me off a bit on the white colorway.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 148
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #33 on: May 15, 2023, 12:09:51 AM »

that’s one tasty looking shoe!
I’m stoked you’re on a vegan shoe kick, keep your eyes peeled on the vegan shoe thread too cuz most stuff shows up in there. At the moment, the only vegan cup emerica has is the Romero in black/ grey/ yellow and the all-black spankys, but it looks like we’ll have to stock up on latter. I probably won’t touch Romeros until the new model with the heel collar comes out because I’ve heard mixed reports about the current paper thin versions.
Wish they had a vegan gamma or perhaps on OG-1 colorway…

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

jwdharris

• Rep: -2
    • www.vimeo.com/jwdharris avatar image
« Reply #34 on: May 15, 2023, 01:36:44 AM »
in one of the shoe threads there was some noise about the slip cup being discontinued. is this true? do I need to panic buy?

figgy g6 looks intriguing. the pictures one the website for the all black are weird. One picture is from another model and not one picture of the inner side of the shoe, would be interesting to see how the mesh thing looks with that colorway. it's throwing me off a bit on the white colorway.

Yep, I believe the last Slip Cup in the line is the OJ collab. I stocked up on another pair of Spankys in charcoal, and two pairs of Slip Cups yesterday. One pair black/white and one grey.

Sitting on 6/7 pairs of Spanky's now in various colours so hopefully that will keep me going for a while yet. Love that shoe.

Roisto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #35 on: May 15, 2023, 03:33:37 AM »
Thanks guys. I initially hesitated on getting the burgundy Reynolds G6s but they’ve been my favorites for a long time now. They’re my girlfriend’s favorites as well.  :-*

I’ve been wearing them around for probably 1.5 years now. Plan is to eventually skate them but I really like them so I feel like maybe holding on to them instead. They’re a bit dirty now but they’ve held up the general wear really well probably because they fit me so well that they feel like they’ve been made for my feet exactly.

I’ve still got at least brown, black & white, black & gum and white ones to skate. I’ve skated the black & white, grey and blue ones at least.

Paco Supreme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 546
  • One Trick Pony
« Reply #36 on: May 15, 2023, 03:52:23 AM »

Yeah the dude from Emerica seemed to confirm this, there might be some hope at limited releases from time to time but it seems to be going away for a bit

Paul Cicero

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -282
« Reply #37 on: May 15, 2023, 03:57:23 AM »
In the upcoming shoe thread someone posted a pic of Dakota in some slip ons that looked cool (maybe an instagram screen shot), possibly a signature shoe? - I can’t find anything on them.

Also, @EmericaTM I fuck with emerica hard, and have for a very long time, people shit on the lack of colour or extreme design, but it’s the simplicity that makes them the best.

FROTHY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 373
« Reply #38 on: May 15, 2023, 06:58:49 AM »
The Emerica Miner could really fill the Ipath Grasshopper-sized hole in my heart. I think the etnies mc rap mid would be a close indicator of how this shoe would sell. Also possibly the es accel mid, which appears to be doing well enough to stay in the lineup. These might be a little chonk for today's market, especially for a mid/hightop, so I wouldn't be opposed to a reinterpretation of this. Keep the strap, the subtle inlayed logo, and the uncannily accel-like outsole.

In the early 2000s I saw Zach Lyons skating these at woodward with the Pitcrew team, just doing flatground in a concrete park. For some reason that image was imbedded in my brain, even though I had Bobby Worrest and a young Grant Taylor to keep my eyes occupied.

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 247
« Reply #39 on: May 15, 2023, 07:36:36 AM »
In the upcoming shoe thread someone posted a pic of Dakota in some slip ons that looked cool (maybe an instagram screen shot), possibly a signature shoe? - I can’t find anything on them.

Also, @EmericaTM I fuck with emerica hard, and have for a very long time, people shit on the lack of colour or extreme design, but it’s the simplicity that makes them the best.

I don’t really do black shoes anymore, so I like to see more whites offered and brown (which Emerica has always done well).   The slips look good in brown!

apport

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 294
« Reply #40 on: May 15, 2023, 07:48:44 AM »

pops

• Rep: 252
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #41 on: May 15, 2023, 08:21:18 AM »
I'm hoping for the Ksl g6 to stay. I love that shoe. The figgys also look really nice so might as well get those.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #42 on: May 15, 2023, 08:31:40 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
If they brought back the Templeton 1 it would be all I'd skate - favorite shoe ever!
[close]

Been saying that on here for years
[close]

had one pair, i loved that shoe to death.
[close]

I was such a little freak in High School about trying different shoes and never repeating that it hurts me to say I only had one pair as well…

I used to hate the white gum ones because the gum is so heavily used throughout, but I kinda really dig them.
[close]

yeah, same here. i pretty much only had accels repeatedly and then a bit later when i was 16 i started wearing old skools most the time just for walking, cause i liked how they looked, but was skating only random hand me downs, mostly c1rcas and dcs. some weird samples also.

not sure if you mean that particular colorway, but mine was the offwhiteish, gum olliepad, grey-beigeish one, also with a gum sole underneath i think. i remember the day i got them particular well for a not so great reason, and i never found another pair in my size. a common problem, since i would only get sale shoes to skate in, and my size was often out.

Sk8 Prick

• Rep: -8
« Reply #43 on: May 15, 2023, 11:04:30 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Those are so damn tasteful.  I always messed with the black ones but that burgundy/red looks great.

I can't be the only one who thinks these are weak as hell... They're not 'dope'. They don't have that super-ill fresh factor of OG skateboarding. They look like regular person shoes. The shoes of someone who plays acoustic guitar or something. They're corny. That's my problem with all Emerica shoes, they're not sick enough to be Emerica.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #44 on: May 15, 2023, 11:40:45 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

I can't be the only one who thinks these are weak as hell... They're not 'dope'. They don't have that super-ill fresh factor of OG skateboarding. They look like regular person shoes. The shoes of someone who plays acoustic guitar or something. They're corny. That's my problem with all Emerica shoes, they're not sick enough to be Emerica.

The shoes say acoustic guitar or the pants + cuff?   

Jawn Gyatti

• Rep: 6
« Reply #45 on: May 15, 2023, 11:58:37 AM »
Any chance of the Heretic coming back in the near future? ??? ??? ???

Sk8 Prick

« Reply #46 on: May 15, 2023, 12:00:43 PM »

The shoes themselves are not dope. There is no fit that would make them look sick imo. The pants + cuffs make them even worse.

For the record, I skated 3 pairs of the reynolds g6, but I was never stoked on them aesthetically. I always felt they were bland af, like all emericas. I wasn't even super impressed with the pour in g6 tbh. Still hurt my heels. I only bought them repeatedly because I'm anti copro, love the idea of emerica, and because andrew reynolds is and always will be the greatest skateboarder to ever live.

Roisto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #47 on: May 15, 2023, 12:02:49 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

Ha! ;D I cuffed the pants to show off the shoes better. Playing guitar is pure magic for me. I don't think I could do it even if I had years to practice.

Initially I wasn't a fan of the look of the Reynolds G6 shoes myself. Too much going on I thought but as they were so comfortable on my feet I grew to like how they looked as well. I can definitely say that I'm not dope though or have that super-ill fresh factor of OG skateboarding. I am quite a regular person, a 40 year old engineer. Sorry, not sorry.  8)

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1430
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #48 on: May 15, 2023, 12:24:23 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
If they brought back the Templeton 1 it would be all I'd skate - favorite shoe ever!
[close]

[close]

[close]

I was such a little freak in High School about trying different shoes and never repeating that it hurts me to say I only had one pair as well…

I used to hate the white gum ones because the gum is so heavily used throughout, but I kinda really dig them.
[close]

yeah, same here. i pretty much only had accels repeatedly and then a bit later when i was 16 i started wearing old skools most the time just for walking, cause i liked how they looked, but was skating only random hand me downs, mostly c1rcas and dcs. some weird samples also.

not sure if you mean that particular colorway, but mine was the offwhiteish, gum olliepad, grey-beigeish one, also with a gum sole underneath i think. i remember the day i got them particular well for a not so great reason, and i never found another pair in my size. a common problem, since i would only get sale shoes to skate in, and my size was often out.
[close]

this is the one

Sk8 Prick

« Reply #49 on: May 15, 2023, 12:33:20 PM »

Ha! ;D I cuffed the pants to show off the shoes better. Playing guitar is pure magic for me. I don't think I could do it even if I had years to practice.

Initially I wasn't a fan of the look of the Reynolds G6 shoes myself. Too much going on I thought but as they were so comfortable on my feet I grew to like how they looked as well. I can definitely say that I'm not dope though or have that super-ill fresh factor of OG skateboarding. I am quite a regular person, a 40 year old engineer. Sorry, not sorry.  8)

My b, didn't mean to hate on you personally! Everyone should wear what they want and not give a heck about what anyone thinks. I'm just really particular about skate shoes, and I'm sad that they no longer have that unapologetically 'skate' aesthetic. I desperately want to buy emerica but they don't make a single shoe I'm interested in. That goes for all skate shoes btw. No sick shoes on the market.

JM

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 246
  • sup dog
« Reply #50 on: May 15, 2023, 12:34:46 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Those would kill with all the New Balance love these days.

Seriously. Draw a couple squiggly lines on the side of the shoe, put a big ass E on the side, and BAM! Instant cash.
I’m not letting my YouTube algorithm anywhere near that video.

Kook Me Amadeus

« Reply #51 on: May 15, 2023, 12:35:52 PM »

Expand Quote

[close]

My b, didn't mean to hate on you personally! Everyone should wear what they want and not give a heck about what anyone thinks. I'm just really particular about skate shoes, and I'm sad that they no longer have that unapologetically 'skate' aesthetic. I desperately want to buy emerica but they don't make a single shoe I'm interested in. That goes for all skate shoes btw. No sick shoes on the market.

I was waiting for this.

GAY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3360
  • Those that SLAP, can't.
« Reply #52 on: May 15, 2023, 12:49:52 PM »
I'm equal parts excited by and confused by this thread.

Xen

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1016
  • too easy, we know your new handle...stop following
« Reply #53 on: May 15, 2023, 12:56:21 PM »
I'm equal parts excited by and confused by this thread.

Same.

But mainly for the KSL...EmTM all but confirmed that after the next colorway, they gone.

DarkPools

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 478
« Reply #54 on: May 15, 2023, 01:23:50 PM »
Just bought a pair of those tan synth Dicksons from a few seasons ago. I remember those black and white canvas ones with the rubber guards holding up relatively well. What's the vegan shoe lineup looking like for the forseeable future? (Synths, baby, synths)

Strange Notes? If so, I love you for this!
« Last Edit: May 15, 2023, 01:32:47 PM by DarkPools »
Super Champion Fun Zone

DarkPools

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 478
« Reply #55 on: May 15, 2023, 01:46:18 PM »
Been skating some Es Quattros lately and they're significantly "softer" feeling throughout compared to the KSL G6 (white ones) I had just before these. One thing I've always enjoyed about the G6 cupsoles is how they've done such a solid job to feel supportive and firm but still flex when you need it. Even on a slimmer shoe like the Spanky.

The KSL still has some life in it but I decided to skate something else for a bit since I wanted something fresh after 4 months with the KSL.

I still have about 6-7 pairs of Reynolds G6. Two I've skated and temporarily retired when I found Reynolds was leaving back in 2019. May have to rotate them back in sooner than later, as the flick was one of my favorites to date.

Contrary to what someone said previously, I felt the opposite about the model looking bland. It felt modern tech, but still clean lines for a cup when it was produced (2016-2018), especially amidst some of the DC reissuesbther started to show up at the time.  Similar to how the half cab looked classic but not simple.

Appreciate the Pal who started this thread!! I'll probably be in here often hahah
Super Champion Fun Zone

dr.prestige

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 335
  • rest in peace Loaf
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #56 on: May 15, 2023, 01:57:23 PM »
the first Figgy shoe is one of my favorite shoes, its toe is probably my favorite toe of all the shoes I've skated. I think I've bought six or seven pairs of that over the years. I tried the figgy dose but the sizing wasn't the same and threw me off so I gave em to my brother who has slightly smaller feet than me and used to skate. He says he likes them, they're his casual around-the-house pick-up-the-kids-and-go-to-Safeway shoes, and they've held up remarkably well considering he's been walking around in them for I think more than 4 years now. I've also skated the Romero, that one was good too. I'm more of a NB# 808/1010 kinda guy these days but I'll probably revisit Sole Tec at some point in the future, I've been looking to try the Michelin Maranas but that's for a different thread

Op, you ok man? Being real here, you doin alright?

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 385
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #57 on: May 15, 2023, 04:09:32 PM »
I love the slip cup so I’ll need to stock up. I have a pair of Spanky G6s I fucked my foot up in but I think I figured out a shoe/insole/fitness routine to help fix that up so I’ll l keep those in the rotation. Honestly, I want the slip cups to be my main shoe for the rest of the time I skate with occasionally incorporating random stuff I’m stoked on (have some dead stock Gravis cupsoles, Ellington’s Li Ning, and an AVE Pro which I also might stick up on) so I’m bummed they’re going out of the catalog.

I loved the Westgate G6 too. Had a few pairs of those, the Herman G6 (which I loved), the G-Code re-release, the Westgate CC. I’ve liked Emerica but ever since they did the G6 reboot, they’ve been my go-to brand. EmericaTM - if you ever do a runner style shoe like the Westgate G6 (or even if SoleTech has Westgate G6 deadstock taking up space in 10.5), let me know. I’d love to stash up as much as possible.

lydius

• Rep: 43
« Reply #58 on: May 15, 2023, 04:51:54 PM »
The Emerica Miner could really fill the Ipath Grasshopper-sized hole in my heart. I think the etnies mc rap mid would be a close indicator of how this shoe would sell. Also possibly the es accel mid, which appears to be doing well enough to stay in the lineup. These might be a little chonk for today's market, especially for a mid/hightop, so I wouldn't be opposed to a reinterpretation of this. Keep the strap, the subtle inlayed logo, and the uncannily accel-like outsole.

In the early 2000s I saw Zach Lyons skating these at woodward with the Pitcrew team, just doing flatground in a concrete park. For some reason that image was imbedded in my brain, even though I had Bobby Worrest and a young Grant Taylor to keep my eyes occupied.

I would be so down for a reboot, not to mention acknowledgment of everything JM has done for the brand (although I feel like Miner wears the Heath boot more often). I remember seeing the brown-bling model and thinking they were the coolest thing.

For me, the light at the end of the tunnel are those Spanky Hi's. Another year and a half to wait...

Mr. Pickles

• Rep: 39
« Reply #59 on: May 15, 2023, 07:10:51 PM »
I wish emerica would do a timeline with all the models like es did.