Author Topic: Autumn Skateshop RIP  (Read 11100 times)

Tarela

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 11
  • We spent four seasons at the Four Seasons twice
Re: Autumn Skateshop RIP
« Reply #30 on: January 01, 2012, 06:25:19 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
that place vibed the fuck out of me and my friends a few years ago.� and we weren't a bunch of shitty kids either.� it was like they couldn't have been bothered to help us.

[close]

welcome to new york douchebag.
[close]

just doesn't seem professional to me.�

but i am definitely saddened to hear of any mom and pop core shop closing obviously.�

This is definitely bad news anyway you chop its one less place around for skateboarding, the attitude thing in the city gets plenty old an everything's more uptight then it was 5/10 yrs ago, this isnt nor was it ever an attack to dave by any means what he does/did its very respectable to be around 10 yrs an help with tompkins an have that private bowl, just cause he wasnt exactly the nicest dude ever to me or most of the people i know doesnt mean i dont respect him for his accomplishments.....i love the generic if you don't absolutely love and 100% back every established person/spot your a *Insert derogatory name/comment* when people talk like that it really makes me curious.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2012, 06:35:13 PM by Tarela »

kneebone

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 356
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #31 on: January 01, 2012, 06:36:17 PM »
Dave, the owner, is one of the nicest guys.  If you got vibed in the shop, it definitely wasn't by him.

andylicardi

• Rep: 3
    • the perfect prescription. avatar image
« Reply #32 on: January 01, 2012, 06:57:46 PM »
i really dont see what the big deal is, i would think people would be more bummed on some of the spots nyc lost this year,unless your a scenester.  its just some dudes that were unsuccesful in making money off of skating.  unless you were homies with the dudes the shop was a ripoff.  i bet the only people that are bummed on this shop closing are the ones who were gettin hooked up cause now they have to pay full price for shit elsewhere.  i went in there once and asked if they had any discounted boards and the dude looked like he wanted to cry

You probably got a shitty look because you asked for "discounted boards"

JUSTICE BEAVER

• Rep: 6
  • yes
« Reply #33 on: January 02, 2012, 07:21:22 AM »
Anyone who ever felt "vibed out" at this place is a fucking pussy

I went there a coulple years ago, speaking bad english and was a typical little skate rat. Bought six boards (boards are expensive in Norway) and got excellent customer service. Didn't get a bad vibe at all.
Keenan Forever

Junk Food

• Rep: -16
« Reply #34 on: January 02, 2012, 09:31:37 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
that place vibed the fuck out of me and my friends a few years ago.� and we weren't a bunch of shitty kids either.� it was like they couldn't have been bothered to help us.

[close]

[close]

but i am definitely saddened to hear of any mom and pop core shop closing obviously.�
[close]

This is definitely bad news anyway you chop its one less place around for skateboarding, the attitude thing in the city gets plenty old an everything's more uptight then it was 5/10 yrs ago, this isnt nor was it ever an attack to dave by any means what he does/did its very respectable to be around 10 yrs an help with tompkins an have that private bowl, just cause he wasnt exactly the nicest dude ever to me or most of the people i know doesnt mean i dont respect him for his accomplishments.....i love the generic if you don't absolutely love and 100% back every established person/spot your a *Insert derogatory name/comment* when people talk like that it really makes me curious.

seems like you have a lot to say about this cause your prob some kook who didnt get a discount but wanted one so badly.  you dont only get clowned on in this shop but every other shop you go into.  i find it hard to believe dave was a dick to you, but it is what it is. non the less, do you really expect someone to be real siked the day their shop is closing down.

RevertEverything

• Rep: 18
« Reply #35 on: January 02, 2012, 10:42:18 AM »
It is sad whenever a legit skateshop, one that contributes to the skate scene in a city, closes but the fact that people on here are defending skateshop employees being assholes is insane. You do understand it's called "customer service", right? I don't expect my ass to get kissed whenever I walk into a skateshop, but as people have mentioned part of the reason all those mall shops are succeeding is they don't have that pretentious/"holier than thou" attitude that some (definitely not all) core shops have.

I have and will always supported independent skateshops, but if there are obnoxious employees I will definitely take my business elsewhere, regardless of how "cool" or legendary a skateshop is.

mattofallmatts

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -110
  • "I will not skateboard in the halls"
« Reply #36 on: January 02, 2012, 10:48:28 AM »
Very sad to hear. These guys helped me out when I blew out a bearing while on a trip to NYC and invited me to skate the bowl. Hope that they move on to other radical things.

smellofdeath2

• Rep: 24
« Reply #37 on: January 02, 2012, 11:10:25 AM »
Only ever went in there once as a total non-local and not only was everyone super friendly but we also got invited to skate the bowl for free, (well a six pack). Sucks to here this place has gone. Rip

GnarlesManson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -118
« Reply #38 on: January 02, 2012, 11:45:17 AM »
been there a couple times, i got a rad chucky shirt that tino razo printed for like 10 bucks. staff was cool and i really loved the interior design. gonna cop a shirt from their website and hope for the best.

pushingupdaisies

« Reply #39 on: January 03, 2012, 02:02:58 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

curious of what? that i support core shops? do you head to the zumiez in SoHo for the deals?

Dutch

• Rep: 10
« Reply #40 on: January 03, 2012, 02:45:11 AM »
sad story, had to close my shop a few years back to :(
 its time companies go back to their roots and support core shops only, they are the ones we should blame

Tarela

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #41 on: January 03, 2012, 04:04:14 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

seems like you have a lot to say about this cause your prob some kook who didnt get a discount but wanted one so badly.  you dont only get clowned on in this shop but every other shop you go into.  i find it hard to believe dave was a dick to you, but it is what it is. non the less, do you really expect someone to be real siked the day their shop is closing down.

I buy my shit full price (whenever i wasnt riding for a shop or already getting boards) and am a grown man so that angle wont fly bitch...im pretty welcomed all over this fine city if you actually go skateboarding enough you'll see me fool i dont hide for no one i skate pretty much everyday did queens today 29 degrees did you skate?...Of course i have a lot to say im sorry my city moves faster than your shit town so theres alotta ground to cover, never did i say dave was a dick to me go look for where i did,  im not a fan of the staff never have been im definitely not the only one, im not tryna kick the man while he's down so stop bringing it up, and of course not who would be happy but ive been there plenty of times over the years i started skating around 2000 so im not gonna try to count my trips, most of the posts here are from people that went once or twice, if they treated you like a king/queen (some of you act like it) then more power to you.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2012, 04:58:46 AM by Tarela »

Tarela

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #42 on: January 03, 2012, 04:19:57 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

curious of what? that i support core shops? do you head to the zumiez in SoHo for the deals?

Im curious as to how some of you fools are sheep sometimes, i bolded it this time hopefully you saw my point. Ive only skated small local brands and bought from nothing but local shops basically my whole life (Im on a zoo board now that someone hooked me up with, but i dont consider them local or small) I have never bought a board from blades, supreme (which is still a REAL core shop despite what some probably think) , ybl, quicksilver or anywhere in soho you assumed (do you shop there dickhead? ALSO THERE IS NO ZUMIEZ IN SOHO, so you pretty much told me how much you know about something you have such strong opinions for), the game is kinda different here which is why people talk out of there ass here i assume, this shouldn't really be news (especially to the people who come here or read and watch web clips an think they got this city dialed) but surprise rent aint cheap skateboarding alone doesnt keep the lights on at these shops! im not gonna name the side hustles of other companies that aint my business really, but if the owner actually goes skating and they give back to the scene most people wont care what other unrelated thing that shop sells to make rent and their still considered core.....I used to wonder why COTG spazzes on people, some folks here are quick to talk about things they don't even know about, and probably don't even skate....
« Last Edit: January 03, 2012, 05:10:36 AM by Tarela »

Zurg

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 694
« Reply #43 on: January 03, 2012, 09:01:37 AM »
im not saying this was the case with you, but if you go somewhere expecting to get vibed, you're kinda setting yourself up for it.

the times i went to autumn, that paulgar dude was working and was super helpful. i could see how he could come off as a bit smug or something, might be his fashion, but he told my friends and i where every spot we asked about was and gave my friend a slight discount on a hopps board. id say thats pretty good customer service

pushingupdaisies

« Reply #44 on: January 03, 2012, 10:27:54 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Im curious as to how some of you fools are sheep sometimes, i bolded it this time hopefully you saw my point. Ive only skated small local brands and bought from nothing but local shops basically my whole life (Im on a zoo board now that someone hooked me up with, but i dont consider them local or small) I have never bought a board from blades, supreme (which is still a REAL core shop despite what some probably think) , ybl, quicksilver or anywhere in soho you assumed (do you shop there dickhead? ALSO THERE IS NO ZUMIEZ IN SOHO, so you pretty much told me how much you know about something you have such strong opinions for), the game is kinda different here which is why people talk out of there ass here i assume, this shouldn't really be news (especially to the people who come here or read and watch web clips an think they got this city dialed) but surprise rent aint cheap skateboarding alone doesnt keep the lights on at these shops! im not gonna name the side hustles of other companies that aint my business really, but if the owner actually goes skating and they give back to the scene most people wont care what other unrelated thing that shop sells to make rent and their still considered core.....I used to wonder why COTG spazzes on people, some folks here are quick to talk about things they don't even know about, and probably don't even skate....

oh darn i'm uneducated about the retail layout of soho, ya caught me. dont get too butthurt. would you like to meet up in the city so you could yell at me in person?

Tarela

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #45 on: January 03, 2012, 11:53:55 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

oh darn i'm uneducated about the retail layout of soho, ya caught me. dont get too butthurt. would you like to meet up in the city so you could yell at me in person?

Your trying too hard...you admit you don't know shit.....why are you still posting here, nothing to contribute