Author Topic: Skatevideosonline  (Read 1576 times)

DrNewton

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -169
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Skatevideosonline
« on: January 26, 2007, 11:03:42 PM »
Anybody know what's up there? Why are they having such problems posting links to videos hosted on Google?
One of my favorite lines is the one of spiked meth drnewton does off of lou pearlmans viarga and toddler-blood induced erection that finally puts that bitch 6 feet deep.

floyd

• Rep: 1
  • Biertje?
Re: Skatevideosonline
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2007, 02:29:41 AM »
some companies complained so they took it down for a lil, there forum is still running, and there is a list of some videos posted...

AllBunny

• Rep: 5
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2007, 09:59:14 AM »
It's funny how skate companies will complain when thier vid is up on the internet, when the majority of every skate vid soundtrack is already poached and infringing on someone else's copyrights.
I'm not complaining really. I see both sides, but i just think its a little hypocritical.
DVDs are relatively cheap to produce, and are generally overpriced (suffer the joy $18 cost to shops?).
People are going to keep downloading vids, but the ones that i never would are vids by smaller companies like Traffic, indie flicks like the Statics, and local vids.

MAGIK INC GROUPIE

« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2007, 10:02:44 AM »
YOU GOTTA PAY THE FILMERS TO FILM AND EDIT.

DrNewton

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2007, 10:20:39 AM »
YOU GOTTA PAY THE FILMERS TO FILM AND EDIT.

People seeing videos boosts sales. That's fucking stupid, pointing a camera around and editing the footage on a Mac is not hard.
One of my favorite lines is the one of spiked meth drnewton does off of lou pearlmans viarga and toddler-blood induced erection that finally puts that bitch 6 feet deep.

MAGIK INC GROUPIE

« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2007, 10:24:27 AM »
REGARDLESS OF YOUR OPINION IT TAKES A LOT OF DEDICATED TIME ON THE FILMERS PART. WHY WOULD THEY DO THAT FOR FREE?

justafan

« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2007, 10:49:36 AM »
a filmer works for a company just like the skaters. videos are there to promote a company, so the more people see it the better for the company.
people who wan t a video in good quality and have the money, are going to buy it anyway. for all the others it s just like copying videos on your vcr a few years back; the only difference is that now you ll get it on the internet.
i dont understand why some companies are stressing that much, like they re living off of video sales. in the end it s promotion just like an ad in a magazine.

and if it s stressing them that much they should just put the prices of their products up half a percent, which noone will ever notice and you ll have some of the costs covered, if not most of them. they probably do that anyway and still stress about it. yup it s a business and a businessman wants as much money as he can get.

otis b driftwood

« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2007, 10:58:48 AM »
REGARDLESS OF YOUR OPINION IT TAKES A LOT OF DEDICATED TIME ON THE FILMERS PART. WHY WOULD THEY DO THAT FOR FREE?

yeah well..photographers need to get paid too but companies don't try and charge for print ads.

Did socrates or schlossbach get paid..cause they made or filmed the majority of my favourite videos.

anyway it's pointless arguing the rights or wrongs of this, companies can't rely on videos as a source of income anymore so they need to start thinking about what they're going to do about it.

or how to break the internet.

DrNewton

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2007, 11:31:28 AM »
Filming is easy and stupid. They can get paid for board sales that skyrocket when the video is good.

photowill

« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2007, 11:42:16 AM »

MAGIK INC GROUPIE

« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2007, 11:46:18 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Did socrates or schlossbach get paid..cause they made or filmed the majority of my favourite videos.

No, they were just happy to be there. Of course they were paid.

I believe that vids aren't a companies bread and butter and don't mind em being for free but you do gotta pay the filmer.

otis b driftwood

« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2007, 12:02:36 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

I believe that vids aren't a companies bread and butter and don't mind em being for free but you do gotta pay the filmer.

yeah obviously but i bet they got significantly less than ty or whoever other doves and slo-mo traffic d-bag.

i'm not saying don't pay the filmer, my guess would be that big budget yeah right style extravaganzas are over and  buddy cam'd  videos like pack of lies but on the net and given away with boards will become more and more common place.

obviously film nerds won't be happy but i don't think skaters will care much, look how many people are still talking about tim and henry's now (mainly you obviously).

Holden

• Rep: -1
« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2007, 12:08:19 PM »
Filming is easy and stupid. They can get paid for board sales that skyrocket when the video is good.

then why do so many people suck at it?
   most videos filmed by one filmer give a percentage of the sales to the filmer as pay aswell as his rates.
alot of the bigger companies are paying for music rights these days, ever since birdhouse got sued for "the end" companies have been alot more legit about music rights.
  I am not saying downloading videos is all bad, but support the companies you like, if you watch a video on youube and like it, buy the dvd instead a bag of weed

DrNewton

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #13 on: January 27, 2007, 12:12:44 PM »
Who could possibly suck at filming?

ctsskate

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 39
« Reply #14 on: January 27, 2007, 12:50:03 PM »
Well, for starters, who ever fimed this.

http://www.elementskateboards.com/audiovisual/weekly-clip-16.html

Terrible.

MAGIK INC GROUPIE

« Reply #15 on: January 27, 2007, 01:01:50 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

yeah obviously but i bet they got significantly less than ty or whoever other doves and slo-mo traffic d-bag.

i'm not saying don't pay the filmer, my guess would be that big budget yeah right style extravaganzas are over and  buddy cam'd  videos like pack of lies but on the net and given away with boards will become more and more common place.

obviously film nerds won't be happy but i don't think skaters will care much, look how many people are still talking about tim and henry's now (mainly you obviously).
\

I wouldn't mind it going back to that. I personally don't like filming with big name filmers. It levels the playing field a bit if that were to happen. Now we just need to get everybody on those roadtrips to all the BEST spots in the world.

The Laps of Alps.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 7
« Reply #16 on: January 27, 2007, 01:24:51 PM »
i thought filmers get like $150 or something for every tricked they filmed that get used in the video?
i cant remember where i saw the rates and shit getting broken down, but it was somethin like that.