Author Topic: The Thunder Thread  (Read 138495 times)

vicious cycle, Vintagebody and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

CarcassToss

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 30
Re: The Thunder Thread
« Reply #2130 on: May 08, 2024, 12:55:19 PM »
From what someone has told me about their set they turn like an Indy Forged and still have a Thunder pop feel. So, I guess a Venture cast with more immediate turn, shorter WB, lighter pop, not sure about kingpin clearance or anything else. Shop owner proclaimed them as his new favorite truck and loves the set he tested so hopefully they aren't terrible or as flawed as many other updates/offerings from major brands. It definitely rekindled my gear nerdery and excitement.

Dmng

• Rep: 11
« Reply #2131 on: May 08, 2024, 02:01:04 PM »
I’ve just changed the blue bushings out of my hollow light for the red rebuild kit and they can’t both be same 90 duro. The stocks light blue ones feel much harder
  Thanks Tom & slap members!

I’m curious to ride it tomorrow ! Hopefully I won’t discover wheelbite city 
« Last Edit: May 08, 2024, 03:37:44 PM by Dmng »

Xen

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1010
  • too easy, we know your new handle...stop following
« Reply #2132 on: May 08, 2024, 02:22:01 PM »
The last thing I'd want is a slower turning thunder (unless it's after the apex where they bite)...but even then...

DinnerDog425

• Rep: 14
« Reply #2133 on: May 08, 2024, 04:32:50 PM »
I’ve just changed the blue bushings out of my hollow light for the red rebuild kit and they can’t both be same 90 duro. The stocks light blue ones feel much harder
  Thanks Tom & slap members!

I’m curious to ride it tomorrow ! Hopefully I won’t discover wheelbite city
I had the same issue with the black bushings that came with a set of night hollows. Swapped in the orange 90 duro bushings night and day difference.

diplodocus

• Rep: 154
  • long neck
« Reply #2134 on: May 08, 2024, 10:50:56 PM »
Madness got the better of me. I switched up from 149 to 151 on my 8.5 and it skates so much better now. So much more stable. Everything just feels way better. I've only skated 8.5 trucks for the last few years.  Previously didn't want to size up cause of weight, but decided I would try since it would be on hollow lights. Wish I tried this sooner.

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 43
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #2135 on: Today at 12:53:00 AM »
Nothing beats trucks bigger than board. Skating 8.25 in 149 and it feels perfect.
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.