Author Topic: lame instagram posts by pros  (Read 1445281 times)

oyolar

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 385
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: lame instagram posts by pros
« Reply #11460 on: December 29, 2023, 09:28:52 PM »
The ratio of people roasting Bill to defending him is quite something.

Some of these are so good.

jgonzalez

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 781
  • no not never. looser.
    • JGonz4ever avatar image
« Reply #11461 on: December 29, 2023, 10:42:27 PM »

nothing's been the since same

funeral_tuxedo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1179
  • old and in the way
« Reply #11462 on: December 29, 2023, 10:45:07 PM »

Tireeedd

• Rep: 86
« Reply #11463 on: December 29, 2023, 11:28:09 PM »

Lou Strux

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2242
  • The Swede is down at Venice Beach, shove off!
« Reply #11464 on: December 29, 2023, 11:29:18 PM »

I wanna play you in a game of SKATE for the right to continue talking shit on me.  You think you got me?

Chickenparmesan

• Rep: 0
« Reply #11465 on: December 30, 2023, 12:37:52 AM »
What’s wrong with Geoff Rowley liking hunting and nature? I mean it is a stupid video and the song sucks but it looks like he had a fun time hunting deer with friends. I’d rather see that than Bill Strobeck being a fat bozo moron

Shtonk

• Rep: -420
« Reply #11466 on: December 30, 2023, 12:41:40 AM »
Vegan to gunloving hunter is a truly mindblowing trajectory. Fuck you Geoff

Chickenparmesan

• Rep: 0
« Reply #11467 on: December 30, 2023, 12:50:23 AM »
So you care that his diet changed? Or that he found joy and respect for obtaining a sustainable source of meat to consume and possibly share with friends/family? Truly mindblowing huh

HugeBodBoyle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 690
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #11468 on: December 30, 2023, 05:00:47 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
So you care that his diet changed? Or that he found joy and respect for obtaining a sustainable source of meat to consume and possibly share with friends/family? Truly mindblowing huh

Seems like most of it is for sport. He's a weirdo. You're a weirdo.

Kanye Omari West

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -361
« Reply #11469 on: December 30, 2023, 05:23:55 AM »
I kind of stopped taking Rowley seriously after the weird value of animal rights flip but also when he did this weird interview where he pretty much ragged on how he used to skate in comparison to his progression to almost skating strictly ditches during his later years. It just came off as an unnecessary excuse to shift to more body friendly skating because he was aging but instead of just keeping it real and saying that, he cool guy'd it with a strange justification that the motion of going down obstacles (rails/stairs/gaps) got repetitive and pedestrian.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2023, 06:21:36 AM by Kanye Omari West »

Pete

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 686
  • Free Max B
« Reply #11470 on: December 30, 2023, 05:43:40 AM »
Def one of the weirdest 180s going from vegan to sport hunter.
New conspiracy: he was never vegan…Vans just used Rowley at his peak to sell their allegedly “vegan premium” colorways…an extra $10-$15 adds up quick.

Free max b
FREE MAX B

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 862
« Reply #11471 on: December 30, 2023, 05:48:39 AM »
Def one of the weirdest 180s going from vegan to sport hunter.
New conspiracy: he was never vegan…Vans just used Rowley at his peak to sell their allegedly “vegan premium” colorways…an extra $10-$15 adds up quick.

Free max b
Pretty sure he was just never vegan without a conspiracy.

Shtonk

« Reply #11472 on: December 30, 2023, 06:15:20 AM »
Pretty sure there was a time when he lived with Ed and very definitely identified as straight edge vegan. Arto talks about it in his Epicly Laterd.

Shtonk

« Reply #11473 on: December 30, 2023, 06:22:20 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
What an absolute kook you, Geoff and anyone who shares your fried-ass travesty of an argument, are.

addie pray

• Rep: -527
  • u a whole goofy
« Reply #11474 on: December 30, 2023, 07:20:46 AM »

every1 wanna rock the shirt.. no one wanna read the lyrics sheet

altho i give more respect to someone hunting for their food instead of buying buffalo chicken poppers at the store... but it's all gonna send u to hell in the end...

augustmoon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 802
« Reply #11475 on: December 30, 2023, 08:03:10 AM »

It’s like a 25 year timespan though, I think it’s time we got over his life choices.  It’s something he’s clearly committed to.
Fuck brandon biebel... The lemon thrower

Síota

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 810
« Reply #11476 on: December 30, 2023, 08:56:57 AM »
Is sabotaging hunts a thing in the states?

manysnakes

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1076
« Reply #11477 on: December 30, 2023, 09:00:39 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

It’s like a 25 year timespan though, I think it’s time we got over his life choices.  It’s something he’s clearly committed to.

Also (and I know this is the most tired vegan cliché, but) it's somehow morally justifiable to buy and consume meat, and products made with animal hide, but hunting an animal is off limits.
This is not my SOTY. I'm telling my kids there was no SOTY for 2021

Newphone

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -522
« Reply #11478 on: December 30, 2023, 09:29:41 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Yeah this obsession with Geoff’s hunting is much weirder than what he’s doing.  I don’t really like hunting, so I’m gonna skip his huntify 2023 wrap up or whatever this is, but come on with the pearl clutching.

EdLawndale

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1110
    • My Wife avatar image
« Reply #11479 on: December 30, 2023, 10:28:45 AM »
For a lot of ppl, what you mentioned aren't morally justifiable.

To me, the concept that one "loves" nature and then goes out there solely to destroy a major part of what defines it is asinine.

He doesn't need to participate in it for sustenance. Doesn't he live in the O.C. suburbs?

If you want to kill living creatures, just say you want to kill living creatures, so we can all see you for the complete psychopath you are. Miss me with the you-love-nature shit.

He realized he couldn't handle conquering skate spots anymore so he just transitioned to getting his jollies and sense of worth from conquering animals.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2023, 10:51:58 AM by EdLawndale »
"Was just about to say, wtf is up with this EdLawndale guy?"

Newphone

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #11480 on: December 30, 2023, 10:45:20 AM »

To me, the concept that one "loves" nature and then goes out there solely to destroy a major part of what defines it is asinine.

He doesn't need to participate in it for sustenance. Doesn't he live in the O.C. suburbs?

If you want to kill living creatures, just say you want to kill living creatures, so we can all see you for the complete psychopath you are. Miss me with the you-love-nature shit.

I’m sure he enjoys it.  It’s probably (hunting animals) in or nature no?

People draw arbitrary lines about what is ok to kill (minus maybe janists) but what he’s doing certainly doesn’t fit any discription of psychopathy that I’ve seen.  Human hunting and proud of his successful hunt.  Pretty classic human stuff imo. 

Is there this much outrage when a skater posts a fishing picture with a dead fish?  Eating a cheeseburger?  Breaking ground on undeveloped land to pour a cement skatepark destroying habitat?

addie pray

• Rep: -527
  • u a whole goofy
« Reply #11481 on: December 30, 2023, 12:28:18 PM »
using a skateboard? driving a car? flying somewhere? eating monocultured crops? throwing away a plastic bag? throwing their vape in the street? buying bottled water?

Hastings

• Rep: 37
« Reply #11482 on: December 30, 2023, 12:30:17 PM »
fuck Jeff

backside_reacharound

• Rep: -230
« Reply #11483 on: December 30, 2023, 12:39:58 PM »

He realized he couldn't handle conquering skate spots anymore so he just transitioned to getting his jollies and sense of worth from conquering animals.

I'm pretty sure he's just in it for all the brokeback mtn stuff hunters get up to out in the wilderness

pugmaster

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1627
  • Overweight and Underprepared
« Reply #11484 on: December 30, 2023, 01:00:00 PM »
While I have not hunted, my understanding is that a permit is required and the amount of permits they issue is based upon the data available of the number of that particular animal. This is to keep the population in check. If no one hunted, the population of a given animal would increase to unsustainable numbers and that would translate to animals starving to death. I have also heard that hunters are expected to hunt animals of a certain age and size to help ensure that the most expendable animals are targeted.

Also, when I lived in the midwest for 7 years, there were instances of people dying due to trying to swerve away from hitting a deer, so the impact of heard numbers can translate to public health issues.

From my perspective, hunting is as natural and necessary for the continuation of our species as sex. Hunting and gathering predates farming by mucho years.

Some families rely HEAVILY on bagging a deer for feeding their families for the year. I live 500 feet from a grocery store, but if folks are in a rural place it is very much a necessity.

I understand why people elect not to consume meat or use products with animal derived ingredients. plant based approaches to sustenance are pretty cool.
"...We got the nuclear worm over here..."

Never forget:
Rusty_Berrings, 360 frip, Yapple Dapple, Bubblegum Tate

Newphone

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #11485 on: December 30, 2023, 01:21:19 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I'm pretty sure he's just in it for all the brokeback mtn stuff hunters get up to out in the wilderness

Nothing wrong with that either

Shtonk

« Reply #11486 on: December 30, 2023, 03:56:58 PM »
Only your US fried ass brains will withstand the logical onslaught that is arguing nature loving, conservation, prehistorical human societies and biologist humanity in favour of a dude that's out there blasting off high-end automated fire arms from the bed of his unfiltered, gasoline engine truck. I'm gonna love watching any one of you clueless dumbasses try and eat the meat of the ram that's in his insta story. Animal looks full grown and healthy. Eating your literal hats will be easier than the muscle of that mountain machine that would obliterate any one of you, especially spindly gangly ass Geoff, in a fair fight. Bitch ass cowards. There is ten times more honour in raising your own pig and looking it in the eye when you slaughter it than there is in driving your truck into nature and shooting a wild animal with a fucking gun from a half mile away.

jgonzalez

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 781
  • no not never. looser.
    • JGonz4ever avatar image
« Reply #11487 on: December 30, 2023, 04:01:24 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Nothing wrong with that either

nothing's been the since same

pugmaster

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1627
  • Overweight and Underprepared
« Reply #11488 on: December 30, 2023, 04:47:10 PM »
Only your US fried ass brains will withstand the logical onslaught that is arguing nature loving, conservation, prehistorical human societies and biologist humanity in favour of a dude that's out there blasting off high-end automated fire arms from the bed of his unfiltered, gasoline engine truck. I'm gonna love watching any one of you clueless dumbasses try and eat the meat of the ram that's in his insta story. Animal looks full grown and healthy. Eating your literal hats will be easier than the muscle of that mountain machine that would obliterate any one of you, especially spindly gangly ass Geoff, in a fair fight. Bitch ass cowards. There is ten times more honour in raising your own pig and looking it in the eye when you slaughter it than there is in driving your truck into nature and shooting a wild animal with a fucking gun from a half mile away.

It is odd that they have had edible underwear for decades but I have never heard of edible hats being sold on a large commercial scale.

Looks like a restaurant in a Texas mex chain has a version.
https://www.thedrum.com/news/2022/12/21/nacho-average-hat-chiquito-bows-viral-pressure-and-creates-edible-sombrero
"...We got the nuclear worm over here..."

Never forget:
Rusty_Berrings, 360 frip, Yapple Dapple, Bubblegum Tate

Southernmost

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 130
« Reply #11489 on: December 30, 2023, 04:52:18 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

It is odd that they have had edible underwear for decades but I have never heard of edible hats being sold on a large commercial scale.

Looks like a restaurant in a Texas mex chain has a version.
https://www.thedrum.com/news/2022/12/21/nacho-average-hat-chiquito-bows-viral-pressure-and-creates-edible-sombrero

Brian Downey makes the best hats to eat.