Poll

Are you watching GiftedHater?

Yes
No
Yes & Patreon subscribed
Fuck no
Fred Gall

Author Topic: Thoughts on Gifted Hater?  (Read 418935 times)

formula420

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 88
Re: Thoughts on Gifted Hater?
« Reply #2100 on: March 30, 2023, 03:47:02 PM »
For anyone considering patreon - donate the $5, binge his past uploads, unsub.

Jagr

• Rep: 116
« Reply #2101 on: March 30, 2023, 06:28:33 PM »
Been thinking about joining his patreon...

Is anyone on here subscribed to it? Is it worth it?

Definitely worth subscribing for a month or two to watch any of the old videos you're interested in. I was sort of disappointed overall and didn't keep up my subscription for more than a month. But good to throw the man a $5 since I enjoy the stuff he posts to his YouTube.

Sila

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 333
  • Jamu Gost
« Reply #2102 on: March 31, 2023, 01:45:46 AM »
Been thinking about joining his patreon...

Is anyone on here subscribed to it? Is it worth it?

If you value your time, and intelligence ..probably not.

Prostate Exam

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 503
  • registered SLAP offender
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #2103 on: March 31, 2023, 04:40:45 AM »

Gifted Handwave

Dummklaus

• Rep: 45
« Reply #2104 on: March 31, 2023, 05:33:03 AM »

WhoCareZ

« Reply #2105 on: March 31, 2023, 12:09:58 PM »
Dude might be an annoying, insecure, financially opportunistic narcissist, but screenshooting him while he uses his hand to mimic a ramp’s curvature to suggest he’s performing a nazi salute is nipple clamp tier

Prostate Exam

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2106 on: March 31, 2023, 12:34:15 PM »
Dude might be an annoying, insecure, financially opportunistic narcissist, but screenshooting him while he uses his hand to mimic a ramp’s curvature to suggest he’s performing a nazi salute is nipple clamp tier

Clamp my nipples then if you were really so stupid to actually believe I accused him of being an actual racist.
It's just a screengrab that was turned into a joke, that's all it is

smellymoron69

• Rep: -16
« Reply #2107 on: March 31, 2023, 01:17:50 PM »
Tyshawn said he was racist after the picnic table vid.

WhoCareZ

« Reply #2108 on: March 31, 2023, 01:44:32 PM »
Tyshawn said he was racist after the picnic table vid.

Well duh, white guy says black guy didn't jump over table 100% = racism

Ayanami

• Rep: 55
« Reply #2109 on: April 02, 2023, 09:01:50 PM »

hot takes on our slaps favorite lurker
i like the tiny headed bear who says nice stuff to everyone.

FatGuy92

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 584
« Reply #2110 on: April 02, 2023, 09:06:19 PM »

Damn you’re fast lol. I’m like 2 mins in and GH is going in hard on DeWayne

ejazzle

• Rep: 82
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #2111 on: April 02, 2023, 09:26:03 PM »
Gets fired from his “job” and absolutely roasted by Joa all in the same week?? Rip

WhoCareZ

« Reply #2112 on: April 02, 2023, 10:04:20 PM »
GH Formula for success: comedy + video editing skills + copy/paste SLAP opinion = YT views and $$$

swellbowed

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 517
  • ow
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #2113 on: April 02, 2023, 10:36:07 PM »

Kanye Omari West

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -361
« Reply #2114 on: April 03, 2023, 01:06:31 AM »

I'm not watching 10 minutes of a pointless roast session on some dude that's just one of the chill homeys. Anybody that hasn't come to terms with the fact he's just there to vibe is weird. GH going in for no particular reason is weird.

Prostate Exam

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2115 on: April 03, 2023, 02:53:00 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I'm not watching 10 minutes of a pointless roast session on some dude that's just one of the chill homeys. Anybody that hasn't come to terms with the fact he's just there to vibe is weird. GH going in for no particular reason is weird.

Pretty reasonable and deserved roast in my opinion

Sila

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 333
  • Jamu Gost
« Reply #2116 on: April 03, 2023, 03:04:21 AM »
Pretty easy target. Low hanging fruit etc. so no major industry backlash.

Someone is definitely going to kick his teeth in one day though lol

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1149
« Reply #2117 on: April 03, 2023, 03:09:00 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Have you read his mission statement on his website?  He’s claiming to be far more than your ordinary chill homie.
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

TrainWreck

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -78
« Reply #2118 on: April 03, 2023, 03:24:23 AM »
Gets fired from his “job” and absolutely roasted by Joa all in the same week?? Rip

What was his job? I really dont know

There is no way, he made a living out of this 9 Club thing or his 50K followeres on IG.

OwlGreen

• Rep: -127
« Reply #2119 on: April 03, 2023, 03:34:03 AM »

Holy fuck this was good. Shame of the fucking year that they won't do another 9CE episode and somebody brings this up. Fuuuuuuuuck. That video would be up there with new hydrant footy. All the remaining 9C guys are gonna be passive aggressive as fuck about this. Shots fucking fired. Toxic positivity. Some goddamned laser accuracy right there.

S.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 72
    • Fotos avatar image
« Reply #2120 on: April 03, 2023, 04:39:24 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Holy fuck this was good. Shame of the fucking year that they won't do another 9CE episode and somebody brings this up. Fuuuuuuuuck. That video would be up there with new hydrant footy. All the remaining 9C guys are gonna be passive aggressive as fuck about this. Shots fucking fired. Toxic positivity. Some goddamned laser accuracy right there.

Gifted hater is right and wrong with this roast. Yes, the "about text" is very cringey and full of more or less blatend lies. It almost begs for people to make fun of.
But, as Mr. G. Hater has pointed out himself this text was not written for skateboarders, but instead to get work with non-skate brands. Don't hate the player, hate the game!
And, damn, I wouldn't want Joah to read my CV or job application!

bohemian

• Rep: -324
« Reply #2121 on: April 03, 2023, 05:36:11 AM »
loved this, finally some hate.

Newphone

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -522
« Reply #2122 on: April 03, 2023, 06:28:47 AM »

Slaps love for GH is bizarre.  He’s like a bad cover band of this place and everyone here is like “how does he do it!? Nailed it!”  Nailed what exactly? Saying exactly the same obvious mocking of someone who’s an easy target, but have it come from one specific boy-man? I find that type of stuff more palatable when it is coming from the zeitgeist of an anonymous message board than one voice covering their song note for note with no credit.

It’s fun to make fun of steezus, I mean come on right? Low hanging fruit for sure.  But for all the weird self promotion, doofy looks, and lame nicknames here’s a guy who came pretty far to make it in skateboarding in California.  Why the fuck would I praise obvious criticisms about the guy from some spoiled little unaccompanied minor on his Mac book pro in business class on his way to jolly ol England?  If you find his reheated takes amusing, that’s fine, but let’s not get carried away in the adoration.

He’s gotta be so worried that he’s gonna get beat up, but since his fame is inextricably linked to an act that all but assure it is an inevitability, he’s probably in a tough spot.  Never knew he wanted to be popular til he got a little taste, now he’s talkin to Jerry and jenkem and he’s high on the fumes.  He went hard on this one based on a calculation that steezus’ ven diagram overlaps at “looks serious, actually super nice, non violent”. 

FactoryMinimum

• Rep: -4
« Reply #2123 on: April 03, 2023, 06:59:49 AM »
Finally some delicious content

Paperclip20

• Rep: 137
  • Please send symmetrical board information
« Reply #2124 on: April 03, 2023, 07:11:22 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Slaps love for GH is bizarre.  He’s like a bad cover band of this place and everyone here is like “how does he do it!? Nailed it!”  Nailed what exactly? Saying exactly the same obvious mocking of someone who’s an easy target, but have it come from one specific boy-man? I find that type of stuff more palatable when it is coming from the zeitgeist of an anonymous message board than one voice covering their song note for note with no credit.

It’s fun to make fun of steezus, I mean come on right? Low hanging fruit for sure.  But for all the weird self promotion, doofy looks, and lame nicknames here’s a guy who came pretty far to make it in skateboarding in California.  Why the fuck would I praise obvious criticisms about the guy from some spoiled little unaccompanied minor on his Mac book pro in business class on his way to jolly ol England?  If you find his reheated takes amusing, that’s fine, but let’s not get carried away in the adoration.

He’s gotta be so worried that he’s gonna get beat up, but since his fame is inextricably linked to an act that all but assure it is an inevitability, he’s probably in a tough spot.  Never knew he wanted to be popular til he got a little taste, now he’s talkin to Jerry and jenkem and he’s high on the fumes.  He went hard on this one based on a calculation that steezus’ ven diagram overlaps at “looks serious, actually super nice, non violent”.

Happy for you or sorry to hear that.

radcunt

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 499
    • FARTPISS DOGCUM avatar image
« Reply #2125 on: April 03, 2023, 07:42:03 AM »
I want a full investigation into what he do

grandslam

• Rep: 47
« Reply #2126 on: April 03, 2023, 07:50:07 AM »

GH's points are all fair. He's not randomly hating on some defenseless industry employee who's just trying to get by, this a response to how SC decided to present himself publicly. I don't have an issue with SC, he's just a cog in the weird grind-set capitalistic delusion that seemingly infects low to mid-tier male influencers, but come on.. that bio is hard to stomach.

modern life is war

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -619
« Reply #2127 on: April 03, 2023, 08:06:20 AM »
I'm pretty much in agreement with @Newphone. Steezus might be corny but at least he's a positive influence on the people who who follow him. The comments GH made that were like 'can Steezus even tre flip?' and 'he only has 50k followers on instagram' were kinda ridiculous and immature.

I don't like to get into this kind of topic but I'm pretty sure GH grew up with a lot more 'privilege' in his upper middle class San Diego family than Steezus ever had, yet here he is kicking him while he's down.
You’re a Florida native, aren’t you?

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 862
« Reply #2128 on: April 03, 2023, 08:17:03 AM »
To be fair I wouldn't say slap loves gifted hater. It's probably 30% positive, 30% negative and 40% don't care.
I think just now that the threads in the 70 pages mark it's less about all thoughts on GH and more mostly just for the fans

dannyprovolone

« Reply #2129 on: April 03, 2023, 08:22:39 AM »
GH is pretty much the son of steezus christ