Poll

Are you watching GiftedHater?

Yes
No
Yes & Patreon subscribed
Fuck no
Fred Gall

Author Topic: Thoughts on Gifted Hater?  (Read 418884 times)

BootsWithTheFerg

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -43
Re: Thoughts on Gifted Hater?
« Reply #2160 on: April 04, 2023, 09:10:19 AM »
GH Formula for success: comedy + video editing skills + copy/paste SLAP opinion = YT views and $$$

Unironically more work then most youtubers/live streamers. GH kinda kooky at times but this a wild criticism.

He shreds.
He "funny".
He can edit.
He can talk.

He got a broader skillset compared to the top earners on streaming platforms. Probably why he's found decent success in such a niche genre of content creation.

The slap comment funny cause where else you supposed to put your ear the ground? Reddit? Facebook? You ever been to the 4chan skateboarding threads? Shits trash. Normal folk who ollied once talking skateboarding. This the best place for skateboarding dialog on the internet. Of course hes gonna get his info here. The same way the rest of the industry lurks. Not sure why you'd neg the guy for going here for information.

smellymoron69

• Rep: -16
« Reply #2161 on: April 04, 2023, 09:21:36 AM »
Expand Quote
GH Formula for success: comedy + video editing skills + copy/paste SLAP opinion = YT views and $$$
[close]

Unironically more work then most youtubers/live streamers. GH kinda kooky at times but this a wild criticism.

He shreds.
He "funny".
He can edit.
He can talk.

He got a broader skillset compared to the top earners on streaming platforms. Probably why he's found decent success in such a niche genre of content creation.

The slap comment funny cause where else you supposed to put your ear the ground? Reddit? Facebook? You ever been to the 4chan skateboarding threads? Shits trash. Normal folk who ollied once talking skateboarding. This the best place for skateboarding dialog on the internet. Of course hes gonna get his info here. The same way the rest of the industry lurks. Not sure why you'd neg the guy for going here for information.
Maybe you should marry him.

Style Police

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 792
« Reply #2162 on: April 04, 2023, 09:24:30 AM »
This needs to be documented in case it's erased. Hilarious

Lenny the Fatface

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 330
« Reply #2163 on: April 04, 2023, 09:26:45 AM »
The Steezus video was kinda weak, you can easily tell the about page was mostly Chatgpt rubbish.

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 146
« Reply #2164 on: April 04, 2023, 09:39:46 AM »

Yo this type of over emphasis on positivity is some altruistic B/s, I notice this with a lot of those yoga/ crystal mommy instagrams...when I started my business and had to make a homepage, I knew I had to write an about me ...mine is only 1 paragraph and about 3-4 sentences summarizing my career over the last 15yrs and what I do for fun.   

jakeumms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1341
  • Runnin through the house with a pickle in my mouth
« Reply #2165 on: April 04, 2023, 09:49:16 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Yo this type of over emphasis on positivity is some altruistic B/s, I notice this with a lot of those yoga/ crystal mommy instagrams...when I started my business and had to make a homepage, I knew I had to write an about me ...mine is only 1 paragraph and about 3-4 sentences summarizing my career over the last 15yrs and what I do for fun.
I mean at some point you need to remember that somebody theoretically is going to wanna read this shit and you don't really get gigs based on word count. You made the right call.
them cats are out getting mashed up to jungle, he's out mashing up jungle cats. it's just not gonna work.

Style Police

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 792
« Reply #2166 on: April 04, 2023, 09:54:04 AM »

burm

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 134
« Reply #2167 on: April 04, 2023, 09:55:15 AM »
The Steezus video was kinda weak, you can easily tell the about page was mostly Chatgpt rubbish.
It’s been discussed here like 2 years ago at least, so I don’t think it’s AI generated.

He for sure doesn’t listen to the haters if he hasn’t changed the page for so long…
take what small comfort there may be left
seize what you love and damn all the rest

manysnakes

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1076
« Reply #2168 on: April 04, 2023, 10:17:02 AM »

It's literally not and it predates ChatGPT public beta by several years.
This is not my SOTY. I'm telling my kids there was no SOTY for 2021

skunty

• Rep: 73
« Reply #2169 on: April 04, 2023, 10:23:53 AM »
Re: him stealing from slap. One of the chatters in his live stream linked this and he roasted it improv, then this vid is edited from that stream. It seems like a decent amount of his vids come from his dickriders sending him shit they’ve seen on slap and elsewhere, but still he usually has a decent 2 cents to add

jorge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -99
« Reply #2170 on: April 04, 2023, 10:38:57 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

TOXIC POSITIVITY please help make this a thing.  There is so much of that BS in everything and GH is right, it is used to shut down actual critical assessment. 

Lenny the Fatface

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 330
« Reply #2171 on: April 04, 2023, 11:03:58 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

It's literally not and it predates ChatGPT public beta by several years.

I never visited his site so I’m just learning about this. Just based on it being a full page of redundant points  I would assume it’s a cheap attempt to boost his SEO by whoever created the page. If you read it straight through it’s not even cohesive so the narcissism angle GH was going with doesn’t really land. It’s more of a use case of poor branding by someone trying to monetize being a personality.

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1973
« Reply #2172 on: April 04, 2023, 11:07:30 AM »
People scrambling to defend Steezus because someone else criticized him is so funny.

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 146
« Reply #2173 on: April 04, 2023, 11:31:22 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
TOXIC POSITIVITY please help make this a thing.  There is so much of that BS in everything and GH is right, it is used to shut down actual critical assessment.

Its always been a thing... i don't think it should be called out the way GH did but steezus made it easy for him to not resist clowning on that profile.

I also noticed that steezuz is into making gym workout videos that was cringe... is he trying to be Biebel

HiResDes

• Rep: -39
« Reply #2174 on: April 04, 2023, 11:48:00 AM »
That Steezus bio smells of some Chat GPT shit for sure

Cool Ceith

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 614
  • Did someone say sassy?
« Reply #2175 on: April 04, 2023, 12:01:21 PM »
"DeWayne McMurray" is an infinitely cooler name.

LebowskisRug

« Reply #2176 on: April 04, 2023, 12:51:36 PM »
His bio reads like when I asked ChatGPT to write my resume and it came up with a hilarious pack of lies about all my parents and inventions.

burm

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 134
« Reply #2177 on: April 04, 2023, 01:13:59 PM »
Re: him stealing from slap. One of the chatters in his live stream linked this and he roasted it improv, then this vid is edited from that stream. It seems like a decent amount of his vids come from his dickriders sending him shit they’ve seen on slap and elsewhere, but still he usually has a decent 2 cents to add
I.e. 12.5% of the people in this thread
take what small comfort there may be left
seize what you love and damn all the rest

WhoCareZ

« Reply #2178 on: April 04, 2023, 06:35:04 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Not sure why you'd neg the guy for going here for information.

Not sure what makes you think I'm being negative. Dude keeps it simple, in turn makes more money than most pros in skateboarding who jeopardize their wellbeing. Surprised we're not seeing more copy cats tbh.

jgonzalez

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 781
  • no not never. looser.
    • JGonz4ever avatar image
« Reply #2179 on: April 04, 2023, 10:14:58 PM »
Who can copy his formula

Skilled Cynic
Proficient Prolix
Adept complainer
Consummate misanthrope
Astute caviler

nothing's been the since same

The Mexican Nancy Chin

• Rep: 116
« Reply #2180 on: April 04, 2023, 10:31:05 PM »
Expand Quote

hot takes on our slaps favorite lurker
[close]

Slaps love for GH is bizarre.  He’s like a bad cover band of this place and everyone here is like “how does he do it!? Nailed it!”  Nailed what exactly? Saying exactly the same obvious mocking of someone who’s an easy target, but have it come from one specific boy-man? I find that type of stuff more palatable when it is coming from the zeitgeist of an anonymous message board than one voice covering their song note for note with no credit.

It’s fun to make fun of steezus, I mean come on right? Low hanging fruit for sure.  But for all the weird self promotion, doofy looks, and lame nicknames here’s a guy who came pretty far to make it in skateboarding in California.  Why the fuck would I praise obvious criticisms about the guy from some spoiled little unaccompanied minor on his Mac book pro in business class on his way to jolly ol England?  If you find his reheated takes amusing, that’s fine, but let’s not get carried away in the adoration.

He’s gotta be so worried that he’s gonna get beat up, but since his fame is inextricably linked to an act that all but assure it is an inevitability, he’s probably in a tough spot.  Never knew he wanted to be popular til he got a little taste, now he’s talkin to Jerry and jenkem and he’s high on the fumes.  He went hard on this one based on a calculation that steezus’ ven diagram overlaps at “looks serious, actually super nice, non violent”.

1. Gifted hater drops a video
2. Pal says something remotely positive about it
3. Other pal says: "omg why do all you on here act like Gifted Hater is all that?!"
4. A third pal has to explain that we really don't
5. Repeat steps

third pal in the scenario this time around:
To be fair I wouldn't say slap loves gifted hater. It's probably 30% positive, 30% negative and 40% don't care.
I think just now that the threads in the 70 pages mark it's less about all thoughts on GH and more mostly just for the fans
« Last Edit: April 04, 2023, 11:07:07 PM by The Mexican Nancy Chin »

chudzinski

• Rep: -2
« Reply #2181 on: April 04, 2023, 11:28:20 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Post the link.

dallou

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 171
    • Music avatar image
« Reply #2182 on: April 05, 2023, 12:14:05 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Not sure why you'd neg the guy for going here for information.
[close]

Not sure what makes you think I'm being negative. Dude keeps it simple, in turn makes more money than most pros in skateboarding who jeopardize their wellbeing. Surprised we're not seeing more copy cats tbh.

There are a lot but they suck for the most part that's why they don't break through
check my music

Dummklaus

• Rep: 45
« Reply #2183 on: April 05, 2023, 04:12:12 AM »
LEAST*  Got me all jittery typing out of anger now. Time for me to realize this is all useless, and just typical "haters gonna hate" nonsense.  Keep knocking others to make your insecure selves feel better. Nothing I can do about that, only you.

come out come out wherever you are

manysnakes

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2184 on: April 05, 2023, 06:57:08 AM »
I’m glad we got new copypasta in the form of “got me jittery” out of this thread.

turbo

« Reply #2185 on: April 05, 2023, 11:04:31 AM »
Expand Quote
LEAST*  Got me all jittery typing out of anger now. Time for me to realize this is all useless, and just typical "haters gonna hate" nonsense.  Keep knocking others to make your insecure selves feel better. Nothing I can do about that, only you.
[close]

Me defending Steezus makes me Steezus? Great logic. So all of you are Gifted Hater? Got it.  From what I've seen, Steezus never says anything bad about anyone or responds other than to say he loves everyone, even the haters...

People seem so anxious for him to give into troll bait they want to make up that I'm him now, hilarious.  Sure go ahead.  I'm steezus .. now ask me anything, so I can tell you to shove it up your butt :D

doublesteveburger

« Reply #2186 on: April 05, 2023, 11:23:05 AM »
hey trout i am gifted hater

manysnakes

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2187 on: April 05, 2023, 11:50:26 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Me defending Steezus makes me Steezus? Great logic. So all of you are Gifted Hater? Got it.  From what I've seen, Steezus never says anything bad about anyone or responds other than to say he loves everyone, even the haters...

People seem so anxious for him to give into troll bait they want to make up that I'm him now, hilarious.  Sure go ahead.  I'm steezus .. now ask me anything, so I can tell you to shove it up your butt :D

What'd you end up having for a snack?

turbo

« Reply #2188 on: April 05, 2023, 11:58:46 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

What'd you end up having for a snack?

I snacked mostly on Steezus's hater's contempt. It was so tangible I could bite into it.

WhoCareZ

« Reply #2189 on: April 05, 2023, 12:00:46 PM »
glad to have you back turbo