Poll

Are you watching GiftedHater?

Yes
No
Yes & Patreon subscribed
Fuck no
Fred Gall

Author Topic: Thoughts on Gifted Hater?  (Read 419796 times)

ApesPissed

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 59
Re: Thoughts on Gifted Hater?
« Reply #2250 on: April 08, 2023, 06:46:01 PM »
Lolol Jeff vs joa I was dying.
Surprised he didn’t mention the versacekid in the hydrant talk

The Mexican Nancy Chin

• Rep: 116
« Reply #2251 on: April 08, 2023, 06:52:04 PM »
Lolol Jeff vs joa I was dying.
Surprised he didn’t mention the versacekid in the hydrant talk
I know he lurks here so he likely saw the people on here saying they didn't wanna see him talk about it

Sila

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 334
  • Jamu Gost
« Reply #2252 on: April 09, 2023, 03:38:29 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
he said yesterday on stream (while drunk) that he wants to quit skate content and doesnt enjoy making it anymore
[close]

Homie bit off more than he can chew eh?
[close]

the man is just bored and uninspired
[close]

probably the nicest way to say it without addressing his laziness. plenty of youtubers and skate brands to hate on.
[close]

Sure but he’s already done that a lot, I understand if that’s not something he wants to do anymore. Seems pretty normal to hit a wall with the kind of content that made him well known

I don't think he's a hit a wall but probably recognized very quickly that he has to tip toe around a lot more because he's actually connected to the industry now.

manysnakes

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1076
« Reply #2253 on: April 09, 2023, 06:06:22 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
he said yesterday on stream (while drunk) that he wants to quit skate content and doesnt enjoy making it anymore
[close]

[close]

[close]

probably the nicest way to say it without addressing his laziness. plenty of youtubers and skate brands to hate on.
[close]

Sure but he’s already done that a lot, I understand if that’s not something he wants to do anymore. Seems pretty normal to hit a wall with the kind of content that made him well known
[close]

I don't think he's a hit a wall but probably recognized very quickly that he has to tip toe around a lot more because he's actually connected to the industry now.

Seems to me that both of those things are connected.
This is not my SOTY. I'm telling my kids there was no SOTY for 2021

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1430
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #2254 on: April 09, 2023, 06:07:00 AM »
19:58
getting a signature color way of a shoe before turning pro actually isn't that uncommon (Beatrice's shoe was technically just a colorway). Off the top of my head, there was Zach Allen's emerica color way, Kader's first vans color way, Davis Torgerson's first dc colorway and Adam Arunski' fallen color way.

how could i forget about that

WhoCareZ

« Reply #2255 on: April 09, 2023, 09:45:44 AM »
The Beatrice part was the first time it sounded like he was word for word reading from a script

LebowskisRug

« Reply #2256 on: April 09, 2023, 10:38:16 AM »
Watched his video on Steezus. It was amusing how cringe Steezus himself is but I'm not sure how commentary about how ridiculous content creators and influencer types are is really "industry insights"

slimvanilla

« Reply #2257 on: April 09, 2023, 10:38:27 AM »
Joa throwing shots at FA was pretty great. unloaded on em.

#switchgod

• Rep: -98
  • One love.
« Reply #2258 on: April 09, 2023, 11:26:52 AM »
Nothing represents this generation better than the most prolific "hater" filming crook to manny to varial flip.

grassblade

« Reply #2259 on: April 09, 2023, 11:44:47 AM »
out of gas? yeah right

that was the best Hateline yet

WorldsbestWeedsm0ker

• Rep: -158
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #2260 on: April 09, 2023, 11:46:44 AM »
Y’all know who the blocked out name on the FA list was? I stoopid
waved and warped
RIP fugluk (Tristan)

DERBY

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 272
« Reply #2261 on: April 09, 2023, 01:37:22 PM »
Y’all know who the blocked out name on the FA list was? I stoopid

terp

The Mexican Nancy Chin

• Rep: 116
« Reply #2262 on: April 09, 2023, 01:45:02 PM »
Expand Quote
19:58
getting a signature color way of a shoe before turning pro actually isn't that uncommon (Beatrice's shoe was technically just a colorway). Off the top of my head, there was Zach Allen's emerica color way, Kader's first vans color way, Davis Torgerson's first dc colorway and Adam Arunski' fallen color way.
[close]

how could i forget about that
haha yeah I love Adam but I doubt that sold very well. I actually saw that Jordan Powell has one for emerica right now. Again, I think Jordan's great but that shoe doesn't exactly seem like it will be flying off the shelves

RichardBarkley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -767
« Reply #2263 on: April 10, 2023, 04:51:34 AM »
Interesting how he is commenting on how Vans is run and the office culture etc.

Has this little California momma's boy actually ever worked a day in his life ? What he described sounds like every office ever.
I want to fight you so badly richard
Please give me your address ill make it my life goal to punsh your face in

AdditionalSlip

• Rep: -27
« Reply #2264 on: April 10, 2023, 05:38:14 AM »

Has this little California momma's boy actually ever worked a day in his life ? What he described sounds like every office ever.

There are enough skate companies that do not operate like that for people to chose if that sits well with them or not.

RichardBarkley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -767
« Reply #2265 on: April 10, 2023, 05:42:04 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

There are enough skate companies that do not operate like that for people to chose if that sits well with them or not.

How the hell does he know how it runs?

Also a big corp like that would likely need 10 people on the call.
I want to fight you so badly richard
Please give me your address ill make it my life goal to punsh your face in

mindfuzz

• Rep: 37
« Reply #2266 on: April 10, 2023, 06:34:19 AM »
What he described sounds like every office ever.

Yea it's not exclusive to Vans, but those kinds of meetings and ways of working are completely counterintuitive and all too common in larger corporations. Often those people included on those kinds of calls have no real clue about the work being done and are just making decisions on the fly to impose their will and seem important and busy. Just because it's rampant in the greater scheme of things doesn't mean it doesn't suck, and I'm sure it's a shock for some people with rose colored glasses in regards to the skate industry to realize that even the larger skate companies can operate like a regular vanilla corporation and not some cool skate brand.

dallou

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 172
    • Music avatar image
« Reply #2267 on: April 10, 2023, 06:38:39 AM »

Carlos is into it
1min36
check my music

manysnakes

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1076
« Reply #2268 on: April 10, 2023, 07:15:27 AM »

Have you ever worked anywhere that's not an office? This kind of thing isn't commonplace outside of large corporations who have a countless number of makework jobs.
This is not my SOTY. I'm telling my kids there was no SOTY for 2021

hl2

• Rep: -61
« Reply #2269 on: April 10, 2023, 08:34:07 AM »
why do girl shoes offend harry potter?

WhoCareZ

« Reply #2270 on: April 10, 2023, 08:39:14 AM »

Carlos is into it
1min36

1) Fan of Carlos
2) SLS acknowledging GH makes me wonder who's running their YT content
3) Someone in the comments said Carlos is biased cause GH called out P-Rod for bullying Ribeiro 

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 146
« Reply #2271 on: April 10, 2023, 09:28:24 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Worked for PGE in 2011, very corporate management job that I hated mainly because of all the damn meeting that kept being scheduled.  90% of meetings are a waste of my time, a ton of micromanaging goes on.  I ended up just not showing up and it didn't make any difference because the meeting notes were always emailed out.

To GH points a lot of tech jobs suffer from this issue, ton of people who think micro managing is good at every level of a process and nothing gets done

Democratic Republic Of Mongo

• Rep: 129
« Reply #2272 on: April 10, 2023, 09:40:45 AM »
When I watched his most recent one blasting JeffWonSong and FA, I thought: “he’s back, baby!”

GrayCellGreen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 293
« Reply #2273 on: April 10, 2023, 10:28:25 AM »
When I watched his most recent one blasting JeffWonSong and FA, I thought: “he’s back, baby!”

I had the same impression as well. It was refreshing to see him go for the throat on Jeff's weak one up attempt. Early GH vibes on this one. I can see Dumb Data making a response video on this since he's Team JeffWonSong.

notinternetfamous

• Rep: 316
  • Watch PURGATORY - the Sproul video
« Reply #2274 on: April 10, 2023, 12:33:21 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I had the same impression as well. It was refreshing to see him go for the throat on Jeff's weak one up attempt. Early GH vibes on this one. I can see Dumb Data making a response video on this since he's Team JeffWonSong.
i'm sure Jeff is probably a nice dude but man you'd think his skating style would've improved somehow over the years...

WhoCareZ

« Reply #2275 on: April 10, 2023, 12:51:46 PM »
I can see Dumb Data making a response video on this since he's Team JeffWonSong.

Is DD actually seriously down with DeChesare? Assumed it was a joke that didn't land. Either way, a game of skate between GH and Jeff would be super dope, especially if they both somehow were in BATB.

slimvanilla

« Reply #2276 on: April 10, 2023, 01:28:37 PM »
felt good to see him call people out and name names again. now that he's "in the industry" i think he was a lil afraid to step on toes. but those FA shots were warranted and hilarious. hoping he keeps his foot on the gas and continues to stir shit up.

swellbowed

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 518
  • ow
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #2277 on: April 10, 2023, 04:32:19 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

I wonder if he had some inside info from Jerry? Sci-Fi has had a few shoes with Vans. Maybe someone else but I'm sure his source is credible

Kook Me Amadeus

« Reply #2278 on: April 10, 2023, 04:42:42 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]
I wonder if he had some inside info from Jerry? Sci-Fi has had a few shoes with Vans. Maybe someone else but I'm sure his source is credible

That’s immediately who I thought of.

elbarto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 30
« Reply #2279 on: April 10, 2023, 06:01:33 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Could also be him not expecting to blow up as much as he has. I see it as similar to the bands Gulch, or Sunami. Released some music and played a couple shows with plans of calling it quits after the first few shows, then they blew up so hard during Covid that they were headlining festivals within a year. Is Joa going to go the Gulch route and call it quits while he’s hot? Or go the Sunami route and keep it going until it’s not as funny anymore.
“I’ll whoop your ass with my arm out of socket”