Poll

Are you watching GiftedHater?

Yes
No
Yes & Patreon subscribed
Fuck no
Fred Gall

Author Topic: Thoughts on Gifted Hater?  (Read 418889 times)

Abyss1

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 146
Re: Thoughts on Gifted Hater?
« Reply #2970 on: July 10, 2023, 06:38:47 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
This was gonna happen eventually, and it'll probably happen again.
Neal is handling this very fucking poorly, but the reality is, nothing about the way GH talks shit comes across as light-hearted ribbing, and he does (somehow) have the influence to fuck with people's paychecks now. When he talks shit on a skater, there's a legion of 14 year olds who will never again use the money from their paper route to buy that person's board. (do kids still have paper routes? do newspapers still exist?)

I mean, GH has talked about it himself that he probably shouldn't go to certain parks or spots because he might run into people he's dragged through the mud. I'm not sure when or why skaters beefing became so celebrated but the whole thing is so stupid and pathetic to me. Like the kids in school who would try to instigate fights between people for their own entertainment, I guess skaters love that shit now. Maybe they always did?
[close]

I can't speak for everyone (nor would I), but I love skate drama/beef. It's super entertaining and funny. It's just criticism and shit talking... it's just not that serious and not something that really fucks with skater's paychecks. Do you think Ville Wester is losing sleep and/or income because GH made fun of his "Hot Topic" look?

If this ends up affecting Robert Neal's income, then he deserved it by reacting on Instagram with threats and making it a bigger deal than it would've been.
[close]

Meh. Right, wrong, or something in between, I'm not even condoning it but this kid is right to be concerned about catching hands. "Talk shit, get hit" is a real thing whether you, me, the pope or the uber driver agrees.
If you're gonna base your whole career around talking shit on people you've never even met by name you're gonna catch some backlash eventually. It's kinda like, you can call your friend a dumbass, but if some rando you've never met calls your friend a dumbass it's not funny, and dude better check himself.
GH ain't friends with 90% of the people he's talking mad shit on.
Y'all got some weird reverse parasocial relationship with skaters where you think that since you kinda feel like you know them you should be able to talk endless torrents of shit on them and they need to laugh and take it in stride.

Also, him going out of his way to defending Sam Hyde but then specifically taking a decent chunk out of his video for no real relevant reason to talk shit on Hasan Piker and in no uncertain terms say people shouldn't listen to him is sussy as fuck.

Hasan has pretty shitty takes too fuck that dude, but all i got to say is Charlamange a shock jock host almost got jumped for the shit he says on the radio and its stupid to go after people in the streets...its been commented by taxstone that someone actually killed the dude for going after Charlamange...double whack

BurgerCop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -70
« Reply #2971 on: July 10, 2023, 06:55:07 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Neal is handling this very fucking poorly, but the reality is, nothing about the way GH talks shit comes across as light-hearted ribbing, and he does (somehow) have the influence to fuck with people's paychecks now. When he talks shit on a skater, there's a legion of 14 year olds who will never again use the money from their paper route to buy that person's board. (do kids still have paper routes? do newspapers still exist?)

I mean, GH has talked about it himself that he probably shouldn't go to certain parks or spots because he might run into people he's dragged through the mud. I'm not sure when or why skaters beefing became so celebrated but the whole thing is so stupid and pathetic to me. Like the kids in school who would try to instigate fights between people for their own entertainment, I guess skaters love that shit now. Maybe they always did?
[close]

I can't speak for everyone (nor would I), but I love skate drama/beef. It's super entertaining and funny. It's just criticism and shit talking... it's just not that serious and not something that really fucks with skater's paychecks. Do you think Ville Wester is losing sleep and/or income because GH made fun of his "Hot Topic" look?

If this ends up affecting Robert Neal's income, then he deserved it by reacting on Instagram with threats and making it a bigger deal than it would've been.
[close]

Meh. Right, wrong, or something in between, I'm not even condoning it but this kid is right to be concerned about catching hands. "Talk shit, get hit" is a real thing whether you, me, the pope or the uber driver agrees.
If you're gonna base your whole career around talking shit on people you've never even met by name you're gonna catch some backlash eventually. It's kinda like, you can call your friend a dumbass, but if some rando you've never met calls your friend a dumbass it's not funny, and dude better check himself.
Y'all got some weird reverse parasocial relationship with skaters where you think that since you kinda feel like you know them you should be able to talk endless torrents of shit on them and they need to laugh and take it in stride.

Also, him going out of his way to defending Sam Hyde but then specifically taking a decent chunk out of his video for no real relevant reason to talk shit on Hasan Piker and in no uncertain terms say people shouldn't listen to him is sussy as fuck.
[close]

Hasan has pretty shitty takes too fuck that dude, but all i got to say is Charlamange a shock jock host almost got jumped for the shit he says on the radio and its stupid to go after people in the streets...its been commented by taxstone that someone actually killed the dude for going after Charlamange...double whack

I wasn't intending to do a full blown defense of hasan, it's the combination of defending hyde and going out of his way to denigrate Hasan that had me scratching my head.

And I'm not defending street justice, but if you make a career of talking shit on people, then catching hands (or bullets I guess) can happen whether it's right or wrong. I don't understand why so many have this idea that he should have impunity to talk mad shit on people by name and suffer zero consequences ever.

The shit GH says aren't "jokes". He doesn't qualify anything he says with any goodhearted or well meaning clarification.
It's just "this guy's clothes suck and so do his sponsors and trick selection". Full stop. That's not a "joke", that's just trash talk.
I don't think he deserves to be assaulted or killed, but that doesn't mean I think he's cool in any way, shape or form, and if he catches an ass whooping someday I won't be at all surprised.

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2972 on: July 10, 2023, 07:02:44 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

And I'm not defending street justice, but if you make a career of talking shit on people, then catching hands (or bullets I guess) can happen whether it's right or wrong. I don't understand why so many have this idea that he should have impunity to talk mad shit on people by name and suffer zero consequences ever.

The shit GH says aren't "jokes". He doesn't qualify anything he says with any goodhearted or well meaning clarification.
It's just "this guy's clothes suck and so do his sponsors and trick selection". Full stop. That's not a "joke", that's just trash talk.
I don't think he deserves to be assaulted or killed, but that doesn't mean I think he's cool in any way, shape or form, and if he catches an ass whooping someday I won't be at all surprised.

Yea I dunno, my response is seek some professional help if someone on the internet says something that makes you angry...even if its a putdown.    Imagine putting that much energy into going after someone with no real benefit other than clout chasing

BurgerCop

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2973 on: July 10, 2023, 07:40:00 PM »
Yea I dunno, my response is seek some professional help if someone on the internet says something that makes you angry...even if its a putdown.    Imagine putting that much energy into going after someone with no real benefit other than clout chasing

If you talk shit on me and I get bent out of shape and go on a revenge mission, that's pathetic.
But if it's a kid who is in my scene and rolls in overlapping circles who I might actually run into someday...
Kind of a different story.

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2974 on: July 10, 2023, 07:47:43 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

If you talk shit on me and I get bent out of shape and go on a revenge mission, that's pathetic.
But if it's a kid who is in my scene and rolls in overlapping circles who I might actually run into someday...

I guess it just easier to do the will smith /chris rock routine, not my thing but to each his own

BurgerCop

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2975 on: July 10, 2023, 08:00:43 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

I guess it just easier to do the will smith /chris rock routine, not my thing but to each his own

Chris Rock made an actual joke amongst people he was (formerly) on a friendly basis with and unexpectedly Smith flipped out.
What GH is doing isn't jokes, it's just straight up "this guy is lame as fuck" with no implication it's a joke and about people he's never even met.
Still not the same thing in any capacity.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2023, 08:12:27 PM by KC_Rookie »

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2976 on: July 10, 2023, 08:15:30 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

Sorry, I'm not gonna let this roll.

Chris Rock made an actual joke amongst people he was (formerly) on a friendly basis with and unexpectedly Smith flipped out.
What GH isn't doing isn't jokes, it's just straight up "this guy is lame as fuck" with no implication it's a joke and about people he's never even met.

I dunno i guess i take him as serious as i do gary rodgers …which isnt much

Southernmost

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 130
« Reply #2977 on: July 10, 2023, 08:22:55 PM »
I'm more of a Levi's 550 guy.

Big Skatefase knows what’s up. My favorite pants to skate in is a pair of vintage black denim Levi’s 550’s. Never owned a pair of Big Boys and don’t plan on it.

WhoCareZ

« Reply #2978 on: July 10, 2023, 08:24:23 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]
What GH is doing isn't jokes, it's just straight up "this guy is lame as fuck" with no implication it's a joke and about people he's never even met.

I don’t think GH supporters would be so quick to defend him if they became one of his targets in front of a 100k audience

EdLawndale

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1110
    • My Wife avatar image
« Reply #2979 on: July 10, 2023, 08:39:13 PM »
I feel like I seen Robert Neal one time irl. He ever hang out in Venice?
"Was just about to say, wtf is up with this EdLawndale guy?"

BurgerCop

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2980 on: July 10, 2023, 09:03:13 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

Sorry, I'm not gonna let this roll.

What GH isn't doing isn't jokes, it's just straight up "this guy is lame as fuck" with no implication it's a joke and about people he's never even met.
[close]

I dunno i guess i take him as serious as i do gary rodgers …which isnt much

Well, he's never made a video where he spent 5 minutes talking about how tragically lame Abyss1 is, not "Abyss1" though, your real name with real photos and videos of you. How lame you look on a skateboard and how stupid your clothes are, maybe a jab or two at how shitty your job and the company you work for are.
 There's a chance you could potentially get a bit miffed in that scenario.

I don't have a particular affinity for any of the many skaters he relentless trashes, I just don't have a lot of respect for anyone who has based their whole career around talking shit. GH is no different than a TMZ reporter to me.

shockpadsandwristguards

• Rep: -254
« Reply #2981 on: July 10, 2023, 09:05:14 PM »
I was thinking Jamie Griffin would be the first who catches Gifted Hater Slipping and puts him in a powerful chokehold.
The video he made about him was so damn disrespectful.
Im against violence of any sorts but may be he deserves it a tiny bit and I would love to see him lose actually.
hes the Eric Cartman of skateboarding and as much as you laugh about him you dont feel bad if he gets some kind of karma back to him.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2023, 09:13:21 PM by shockpadsandwristguards »

Joey Fatone

• Rep: -14
« Reply #2982 on: July 10, 2023, 09:20:14 PM »
I was thinking Jamie Griffin would be the first who catches Gifted Hater Slipping and puts him in a powerful chokehold.
Im against violence of any sorts but may be he deserves it a tiny bit and I would love to see him lose actually.
hes the Eric Cartman of skateboarding and as much as you laugh about him you dont feel bad if he gets some kind of karma back to him.

I think that would be sad and hoping this doesn’t happen for the young lad.

radcunt

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 499
    • FARTPISS DOGCUM avatar image
« Reply #2983 on: July 10, 2023, 09:30:14 PM »

shockpadsandwristguards

« Reply #2984 on: July 10, 2023, 09:52:30 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I think that would be sad and hoping this doesn’t happen for the young lad.

i dont want him to be aggressively be punched or anything but a little fun on his cost would make me also laugh.
im not on his team or anything. he makes funny and good points but to keep his ego a little bit grounded there has to be some sort of backlash

Robert Baratheon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 40
« Reply #2985 on: July 10, 2023, 10:04:39 PM »
Trash talk only hurts when it’s true. GH saying that Neal showing up to a contest wearing a hot wheels jacket and scoring a zero is lame isn’t a mean jab, it’s just a fact.

GH gets a lot of followers because he’s good at what he does. He’s pretty fucking funny. And smart. Smart hurts. Someone is going to kick ass one day tho. People went after the Big Brother dudes. It’s a small community.

shockpadsandwristguards

« Reply #2986 on: July 10, 2023, 10:16:51 PM »
Trash talk only hurts when it’s true. GH saying that Neal showing up to a contest wearing a hot wheels jacket and scoring a zero is lame isn’t a mean jab, it’s just a fact.

GH gets a lot of followers because he’s good at what he does. He’s pretty fucking funny. And smart. Smart hurts. Someone is going to kick ass one day tho. People went after the Big Brother dudes. It’s a small community.

as i said he makes some good points and I do believe he is funny. But some of his points are pretty objective and also sometimes dumb and not true. he mixes it with truth and I hope people can still differentiate and not eat up everything he said as the only opinion someone who is a real skateboarder can have.
with a funny presentation you can make people believe the wildest things.

Candied cigarettes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 240
« Reply #2987 on: July 10, 2023, 10:23:42 PM »
The boogie board bigspin he did was pretty sick ngl

manysnakes

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1076
« Reply #2988 on: July 11, 2023, 02:43:36 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]

I don’t think GH supporters would be so quick to defend him if they became one of his targets in front of a 100k audience

They literally send him their own clips to have him roast their skating.
This is not my SOTY. I'm telling my kids there was no SOTY for 2021

sk8boardrealist

• Rep: -5
« Reply #2989 on: July 11, 2023, 04:29:02 AM »
They chose a clip they know will be picked apart for humour. It’s the equivalent of making a self deprecating comment with the intention of other people joining in on the joke. If a follower posted some footage they were proud of and it was picked up for a segment and shit on, I figure their reaction wouldn’t be as positive.

« Last Edit: July 11, 2023, 06:10:32 AM by sk8boardrealist »

FS-OverKOOK

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 45
« Reply #2990 on: July 11, 2023, 06:14:00 AM »
This is the classic double corn ball scenario and GH might get slapped at some point but I promise that shades will not be the one to do it

BurgerCop

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2991 on: July 11, 2023, 06:55:51 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

Spank me, daddy.

scab

• Rep: 200
« Reply #2992 on: July 11, 2023, 07:13:34 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]

Spank me, daddy.

I only accept Ben DeGros as my skate content daddy. My safe word is "wheelbase".

schralp pal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 260
« Reply #2993 on: July 11, 2023, 07:22:43 AM »
Seems like Robert was having just as much fun a GH about the whole thing.

The real comedy was saying that the groms at Woodward sucked and couldn’t land anything, that their trendy pants were weighing them down. He also roasted dlx for their shit clothing, so it’s not like he’s playing sides.

Dante Bichette

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 49
  • 10th Prestige
« Reply #2994 on: July 11, 2023, 07:52:22 AM »
I feel like GH is gonna be looked at in 3 years how Black Ninja is looked at now
Can someone explain in Fortnite terms?

big_kev_215

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 746
« Reply #2995 on: July 11, 2023, 07:54:26 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

as i said he makes some good points and I do believe he is funny. But some of his points are pretty objective and also sometimes dumb and not true. he mixes it with truth and I hope people can still differentiate and not eat up everything he said as the only opinion someone who is a real skateboarder can have.
with a funny presentation you can make people believe the wildest things.

Huh?

TheDingus

« Reply #2996 on: July 11, 2023, 08:09:03 AM »
I look at all the youtube guys now and I really hope they aren’t banking on this being forever. I hope they’re planning for how to make a living after that money dries up.

WhoCareZ

« Reply #2997 on: July 11, 2023, 08:18:21 AM »
I feel like GH is gonna be looked at in 3 years how Black Ninja is looked at now

GH makes way more money than Ninja ever did though

elbarto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 30
« Reply #2998 on: July 11, 2023, 10:27:33 AM »
I look at all the youtube guys now and I really hope they aren’t banking on this being forever. I hope they’re planning for how to make a living after that money dries up.

GH is pretty open about knowing this won’t last forever. I was watching a stream last night where he talked about how every patreon/streamer will reach a cap and will eventually lose steam.
“I’ll whoop your ass with my arm out of socket”

Mongo Lloyd

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 168
« Reply #2999 on: July 11, 2023, 12:17:05 PM »
Does GH have more staying power than Weck?

GH makes me miss Weck, he was a more entertaining heel.
Do you get deja vu, huh?