Poll

Are you watching GiftedHater?

Yes
No
Yes & Patreon subscribed
Fuck no
Fred Gall

Author Topic: Thoughts on Gifted Hater?  (Read 419713 times)

Shtonk

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -437
Re: Thoughts on Gifted Hater?
« Reply #3630 on: December 23, 2023, 09:40:44 AM »
Releasing soty predictions after the announcement and they still get 150K in 4 days... Becoming a pretty complicated argument that his career is only piggybacking off others' efforts. Seems like people genuinely want to hear the guy speak. Still think he shouldve chilled on the Tom Knox banter and gone harder after a few other  incursions (yutos layz af second part for example)
« Last Edit: December 23, 2023, 01:59:15 PM by Shtonk »

Cool Ceith

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 614
  • Did someone say sassy?
« Reply #3631 on: December 23, 2023, 02:45:07 PM »
Releasing soty predictions after the announcement and they still get 150K in 4 days... Becoming a pretty complicated argument that his career is only piggybacking off others' efforts. Seems like people genuinely want to hear the guy speak. Still think he shouldve chilled on the Tom Knox banter and gone harder after a few other  incursions (yutos layz af second part for example)
Fans in the chat were frothing at the mouth during his SLS stream when he briefly mentioned how Tom Knox fell off this year. He didn't clarify his feelings or speak any more about it, but every other comment was "explain the Tom KNox hate" which went on long after he made the throwaway remark. (He probably was just saving his jabs for the SOTY video.)

To me, that kind of reinforced the feeling that his fans mostly come for the "hate" part of Gifted Hater: the super opinionated and deeply analyzed banter. It's the polar opposite of Nine Club/Andrew Cannon, which is just "that was so sick" without going any further. For instance, Hater made an excellent point about the long lens HD of Knox's part vs. VX quality of the Drift videos which I had never considered—that is some valuable constructive criticism. Of course, Knox's diehard fans have to choke down the bitter pills of Hater's trolling one-liners about his Dickies fit with that helpful medicine but I'm here for it.

Shtonk

« Reply #3632 on: December 23, 2023, 02:51:56 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Fans in the chat were frothing at the mouth during his SLS stream when he briefly mentioned how Tom Knox fell off this year. He didn't clarify his feelings or speak any more about it, but every other comment was "explain the Tom KNox hate" which went on long after he made the throwaway remark. (He probably was just saving his jabs for the SOTY video.)

To me, that kind of reinforced the feeling that his fans mostly come for the "hate" part of Gifted Hater: the super opinionated and deeply analyzed banter. It's the polar opposite of Nine Club/Andrew Cannon, which is just "that was so sick" without going any further. For instance, Hater made an excellent point about the long lens HD of Knox's part vs. VX quality of the Drift videos which I had never considered—that is some valuable constructive criticism. Of course, Knox's diehard fans have to choke down the bitter pills of Hater's trolling one-liners about his Dickies fit with that helpful medicine but I'm here for it.

When I say chilled on I don't mean cancelled it, I agree with all of his deeper analysis and the general disappointment about Knox's  output this year. But he went a little hard with the hyperbole (He sucks wanker plonker) and I thought this hyperbolic tantrum shit is funnier when it doesn't go against harmless good guys who have a family to feed. I think GH really coming after Yuto would be hilarious in all its sacrilege. 

dallou

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 172
    • Music avatar image
« Reply #3633 on: December 23, 2023, 04:57:26 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

When I say chilled on I don't mean cancelled it, I agree with all of his deeper analysis and the general disappointment about Knox's  output this year. But he went a little hard with the hyperbole (He sucks wanker plonker) and I thought this hyperbolic tantrum shit is funnier when it doesn't go against harmless good guys who have a family to feed. I think GH really coming after Yuto would be hilarious in all its sacrilege.

but he almost have nothing to complain about Yuto, the point is not to "hate" just for the sake of it. This year many people were not feeling Tom Knox's output, him included. He went a bit hard on him because he is the "core creative skater poster boy" tom knox I guess
check my music

Banned from the room

« Reply #3634 on: December 23, 2023, 05:14:32 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

but he almost have nothing to complain about Yuto, the point is not to "hate" just for the sake of it. This year many people were not feeling Tom Knox's output, him included. He went a bit hard on him because he is the "core creative skater poster boy" tom knox I guess

I definitely would not say core. No Sotys really fit that bill.

It's like calling Green Day punk. It's like ok they was punks but it was pop alternative corporate music they make

versacekid420

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1261
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #3635 on: December 24, 2023, 07:47:06 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

oh no he talked shit about the harmless good guy with a family to feed :(

Noble Experiment

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 284
« Reply #3636 on: December 24, 2023, 10:57:44 AM »
That was his best video in a while.

ggrimmedd

• Rep: 23
« Reply #3637 on: January 04, 2024, 12:47:40 PM »
Anyone have that private link to a YouTube Playlist of old GH patreon videos? I remember someone shared here
:p

Banned from the room

« Reply #3638 on: January 04, 2024, 05:23:47 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]
oh no he talked shit about the harmless good guy with a family to feed :(

Don't romanticize heros.

I heard he was into tag banging and the antistyles remival era the 2010s.

He might hit you with the snap pants machete or pass the acid mop. You never know

versacekid420

• SLAP Pal
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #3639 on: January 05, 2024, 03:43:57 AM »
Anyone have that private link to a YouTube Playlist of old GH patreon videos? I remember someone shared here
https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PL2bpF_gkElDfprncABNhRH0yx0qMnsK8_&si=PzmaS3h0BrQA21oQ

biaherl

• Rep: 270
    • Why So Sad avatar image
« Reply #3640 on: January 05, 2024, 10:24:35 AM »
Today he farted while landing primo

GAY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3369
  • Those that SLAP, can't.
« Reply #3641 on: January 05, 2024, 07:06:53 PM »
I love Dickies skate pants. Considering a career in nursing.

Newphone

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -526
« Reply #3642 on: January 06, 2024, 07:01:11 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PL2bpF_gkElDfprncABNhRH0yx0qMnsK8_&si=PzmaS3h0BrQA21oQ

Hadn’t seen some of those in a while or Ever, thanks.

Crazy in the first one he’s so clear that no one should go pro without a part, like really hangs his hat on that.  Then crickets when he’s part of a pro suprise thing for sci-fi, what a weird position to be in and not even joke about.

Not some huge deal or anything, just kind of shows his significant biases, like everyone.  Hard to criticize the company you are friends with quite as hard I’d imagine.

dallou

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 172
    • Music avatar image
« Reply #3643 on: January 06, 2024, 07:09:21 AM »
Arin dropped a part two months after or something
check my music

manysnakes

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1076
« Reply #3644 on: January 06, 2024, 07:10:56 AM »

Yeah, I recall he actually addressed this directly and said that the part wasn't finished yet, but Jerry really wanted to turn her pro in Toronto because that was going to be the only time that the entire team would be there.
This is not my SOTY. I'm telling my kids there was no SOTY for 2021

Shtonk

« Reply #3645 on: January 06, 2024, 07:17:57 AM »

Just pay the 5 bucks or dont watch, he's one guy not some corporation. Max kook shit

Shtonk

« Reply #3646 on: January 06, 2024, 07:20:15 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

Crazy in the first one he’s so clear that no one should go pro without a part, like really hangs his hat on that.  Then crickets when he’s part of a pro suprise thing for sci-fi, what a weird position to be in and not even joke about.

Not some huge deal or anything, just kind of shows his significant biases, like everyone.  Hard to criticize the company you are friends with quite as hard I’d imagine.

You're judging a dude on biases and values whose paywalled videos you just thief-watched. Some of y'all are 4chan level deluded

Newphone

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3647 on: January 06, 2024, 08:28:56 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]

You're judging a dude on biases and values whose paywalled videos you just thief-watched. Some of y'all are 4chan level deluded

Good point, my fault.

Newphone

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3648 on: January 06, 2024, 08:49:48 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Yeah, I recall he actually addressed this directly and said that the part wasn't finished yet, but Jerry really wanted to turn her pro in Toronto because that was going to be the only time that the entire team would be there.

That’s some mental gymnastics to keep a double standard.  So in this case, with your friends, it’s actually ok?  Cool.

I think he should just recuse himself when it comes to weighing in on things to do with SciFi.  I guess he did with Arin in regards to SOTY.

Again, not a big deal, just some dumb nitpicking by me I’m sure and not saying arin shouldn’t be pro, either, sure she moves a ton of boards.

ggrimmedd

• Rep: 23
« Reply #3649 on: January 06, 2024, 11:06:13 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Just pay the 5 bucks or dont watch, he's one guy not some corporation. Max kook shit

:P
:p

TwisT

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1104
« Reply #3650 on: January 06, 2024, 11:27:03 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

That’s some mental gymnastics to keep a double standard.  So in this case, with your friends, it’s actually ok?  Cool.

I think he should just recuse himself when it comes to weighing in on things to do with SciFi.  I guess he did with Arin in regards to SOTY.

Again, not a big deal, just some dumb nitpicking by me I’m sure and not saying arin shouldn’t be pro, either, sure she moves a ton of boards.

Don’t take GH more serious than he takes himself.

Newphone

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3651 on: January 06, 2024, 01:01:47 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

Don’t take GH more serious than he takes himself.

Fair enough

versacekid420

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3652 on: January 06, 2024, 02:32:47 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

blehhhhh :p

Arto!Arto!WakeUp!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 185
« Reply #3653 on: January 06, 2024, 02:34:40 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

lol loads of that stuff is him taking streams of paywalled events and streaming them behind his paywall instead. i doubt he's that touchy about people sharing stolen content to people who didn't pay. it's literally his business model...

swellbowed

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 517
  • ow
« Reply #3654 on: January 12, 2024, 11:44:11 AM »

Shrinedescender

• Rep: 150
« Reply #3655 on: January 12, 2024, 03:20:22 PM »

franquietits

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 64
« Reply #3656 on: January 12, 2024, 05:39:34 PM »
That was fun. I don't get why redacted redacted doesn't like him.
Those burgers looked kinda underwhelming, though. Not sure about the whole crinkle cut craze either. 
Key to the city = Jerry Hsu.

Stu Pickles

• Rep: 112
« Reply #3657 on: January 12, 2024, 05:42:27 PM »

easymoneysniper

• Rep: 32
« Reply #3658 on: January 12, 2024, 06:00:57 PM »
these edits are the best. always love it when ryan lay takes over the park.

need their video asap. where's it at?? :'''''(

also need blake norris and matt militano to be on so the sci-fi takeover is complete. new asics guy looks good too.

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1309
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #3659 on: January 12, 2024, 08:30:36 PM »
these edits are the best. always love it when ryan lay takes over the park.

need their video asap. where's it at?? :'''''(

also need blake norris and matt militano to be on so the sci-fi takeover is complete. new asics guy looks good too.
that's zak anders from late nite stars. He has the ender in the video they just put out