Poll

Are you watching GiftedHater?

Yes
No
Yes & Patreon subscribed
Fuck no
Fred Gall

Author Topic: Thoughts on Gifted Hater?  (Read 418903 times)

chudzinski, Double Pegasus and 4 Guests are viewing this topic.

matt_2993

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 227
Re: Thoughts on Gifted Hater?
« Reply #3870 on: February 09, 2024, 08:46:18 AM »
That Southbank part is one of my favorite things ever

EagleassMF

• Rep: 11
« Reply #3871 on: February 10, 2024, 06:57:50 AM »
Expand Quote
If that dude manualled between the ledge and the stairs at Southbank instead of doing dumb little flips it would have been sick.

Baker and Deathwish are pretty imageless now which is weird. I always found their team wide dress up / cosplay vibes kinda corny but after watching this I kinda miss it.

Merging their style into aligning with Supreme is as boring as it could get and seems a bit ‘hello fellow kids’
[close]

He does exactly that several times in his all Southbank part, including the ender which is pretty fucking sick imo (@2:15) and another one @ 0:47

He also does a bunch of the same style of quickfoot lines in there too (ledge, flatground trick, stairs) that are cooler than the ones he does in the BHADW2 part. noseslide pretzel, sw fs shuv, switch tre @ 0:19 and back tail fakie, half cab flip, big flip @ 1:49 are both better sequences using the same format imo

basically i think it didnt really make much sense for him to include those two Southbank clips in his new part when he's already had a whole part at that spot and specifically doing both that exact format of line with better tricks and better format (ledge, manual, stairs). i like the Southbank part and i don't really care that much about the whole "it's a skatepark" thing but including those clips in the new part was a miss imo if only because he's already done essentially the same thing but better in the past.

still really liked the part tho, Casper is fucking sick

The southbank clip is an intro without putting his name on the screen. The way it transitions to southbank, you immediately know it’s Casper. That’s the point of it.

yghartsyrt

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 233
« Reply #3872 on: February 10, 2024, 07:35:02 AM »

The southbank clip is an intro without putting his name on the screen. The way it transitions to southbank, you immediately know it’s Casper. That’s the point of it.
This

frontsideNECKTIE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 228
  • Precision Posture
« Reply #3873 on: February 11, 2024, 02:24:32 PM »
Tom Knox + BA = Casper Brooker

As in style wise, not as in the sum of skill level.
Wow sorry, didn't realise I was dealing with a sick cunt here

No Wave Comply

• Rep: 139
  • Phantom of the Skatepark
« Reply #3874 on: February 12, 2024, 02:42:49 PM »

Tom Knox + BA Nik Stain = Casper Brooker

As in style wise and as in the sum of skill level.
a grunt  a mudhog  a slimedog
a simple servant  a hired hand

“Come in here dear boy, have a gnar, you’re gonna go far!”

manysnakes

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1076
« Reply #3875 on: February 12, 2024, 02:51:14 PM »
I think there’s something to GH being English which makes him dislike other English skaters. His Knox and Brooker takes are pretty fried.
This is not my SOTY. I'm telling my kids there was no SOTY for 2021

No Wave Comply

• Rep: 139
  • Phantom of the Skatepark
« Reply #3876 on: February 12, 2024, 03:02:26 PM »
I think there’s something to GH being English which makes him dislike other English skaters. His Knox and Brooker takes are pretty fried.

Especially the part about Casper bleaching his eyebrows. He's an English ginger/blonde bloke; his brows are naturally like that. As the son of English parents, Joa should have easily understood that.

Also, why would Casper of all skaters, dye his eyebrows? He doesn't seem like the dye/piercing/trash/nu-metal/Y2K Zoomer-curious type.
a grunt  a mudhog  a slimedog
a simple servant  a hired hand

“Come in here dear boy, have a gnar, you’re gonna go far!”

frontsideNECKTIE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 228
  • Precision Posture
« Reply #3877 on: February 12, 2024, 03:07:32 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Tom Knox + BA Nik Stain = Casper Brooker

As in style wise and as in the sum of skill level.

word up, +1
Wow sorry, didn't realise I was dealing with a sick cunt here

Sick Duck

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 94
« Reply #3878 on: February 12, 2024, 05:31:18 PM »
100%. I had a friend growing up who’s dad was british and he always had a chip on his shoulder against british shit

SirRustyofMaine

« Reply #3879 on: February 12, 2024, 08:38:58 PM »
GH is also very quick with his feet so perhaps he's inherently less impressed/self-loathing with TK's and Casper's fast-footed footy

Robert Baratheon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 40
« Reply #3880 on: February 13, 2024, 04:37:15 PM »
Quote from: Sick Duck link=topic=120262.msg4157143#msg4157143date=1707787878
Expand Quote
[close]
100%. I had a friend growing up who’s dad was british and he always had a chip crisp on his shoulder against british shit

mj23

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 234
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #3881 on: February 13, 2024, 04:52:19 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

i know dude is in his batman phase but the mask for this video is kinda weird
He’s also wearing a Batman shirt in the Primitive Tesla/AI video. We need Bobby Puleo to crunch the numbers and tell us what this means.

jakeumms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1341
  • Runnin through the house with a pickle in my mouth
« Reply #3882 on: February 13, 2024, 04:56:38 PM »
I think he wears the Batman shirt when he's doing his hero skateboarding deserves bit.

Did any subscribers watch the Goldfish Bowl vid? Takes so hot it can't even be embedded in this thread.
them cats are out getting mashed up to jungle, he's out mashing up jungle cats. it's just not gonna work.

Ray C. Usery

• Rep: 177
  • My brother Roy is into music
« Reply #3883 on: February 13, 2024, 09:25:32 PM »
Did any subscribers watch the Goldfish Bowl vid? Takes so hot it can't even be embedded in this thread.

I think he's too worried about what the bag chasers are going to do to him. Any illicit violence will be bad for their bottom line. Robert Neal is a talking head D-list pro who can talk all his shit because he knows Joa isn't going to do anything about but move out of LA county

Keep talking Joa. Skateboarding needs you. You're not always right but at least you are honest

honest
adjective
hon·​est ˈä-nəst
1 a: free from fraud or deception : LEGITIMATE, TRUTHFUL
   b: GENUINE, REAL
   c: HUMBLE, PLAIN
2 a: REPUTABLE, RESPECTABLE
   b chiefly British : GOOD, WORTHY
3: worthy of praise
4 a: marked by integrity
   b: marked by free, forthright, and sincere expression : FRANK
   c: direct and uncomplicated : INNOCENT, SIMPLE

Robert Baratheon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 40
« Reply #3884 on: February 14, 2024, 04:32:46 PM »
I think he wears the Batman shirt when he's doing his hero skateboarding deserves bit.

I heard that one. It was really good. He needs to put that on YouTube.

versacekid420

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1261
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #3885 on: February 14, 2024, 07:25:36 PM »

yeah at first i was like shit if he posts this it could get really bad but it needed to be said

radcunt

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 499
    • FARTPISS DOGCUM avatar image
« Reply #3886 on: February 14, 2024, 08:39:52 PM »
We should do an open slap membership.

Southernmost

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 130
« Reply #3887 on: February 14, 2024, 10:16:19 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I heard that one. It was really good. He needs to put that on YouTube.

Anyone wanna give a brief summary of what the Goldfish Bowl vid is?

jakeumms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1341
  • Runnin through the house with a pickle in my mouth
« Reply #3888 on: February 14, 2024, 11:38:59 PM »
My bad the name of the video is just Fishbowl. I watched an earlier edit so I watched the reup to see if there was anything different and jotted down the high points on notepad. I added some light editorial afterwards so that it would be easier to follow. No major differences in the edits but some of the points have been moved around, mostly in the beginning.

Some black skaters hate him

Skate Twitter sez "Looks like there's a pattern emerging"

Gary on the 9 Club

Gary Rodgers has been reduced to a shill. He blew up from his hot takes but now he's neutered and can't really say anything

"Fuck Nike (but get your bag)" so controversial

Skateboarding is a pile of wires where everythign is connected and nothing is slioed off

Once the door opens, every brand wants a piece of you

GH was offered a Vans contest gig and some SLS commercials - ego level up but he turns them down

6 months later he does a Hateline Vans episode that woulda been a clear conflict

The Robert Neal situation

It's been on sight since the Hot Wheels jacket video

Neal's been in his DMs

His flunkies have been spreading the word

Neal deleted his spicy comments but is claiming G code

Joa sez dude is a public figure and blasting his fashionista image but is super fragile when he gets made fun of for it

Bag Chasin

Neal flexed that he made more money with the fashion shit then GH did with YT (lol ya sure?)

Back to Gary's Fuck Nike but get your bag

Any behavior is justified as long as you're getting paid for it

Toxic positivity has your homies cheering you on

Fashion has a parasitic relationship to skating which is likely why core skating remains skeptical despite fashion always sniffing around

Skating goes through booms and busts and through that maintains its credibility. Whenever skaters are doing LV shoots it's time to liquidate your distro

The fashion skaters aren't really trying to push the style envelope. They're just trying to look wealthy

Bag chasin isn't a positive development in skateboarding and if somebody wants to beat him up for saying that whatever but it still sucks
them cats are out getting mashed up to jungle, he's out mashing up jungle cats. it's just not gonna work.

dill8849

• Rep: -41
« Reply #3889 on: February 15, 2024, 05:05:03 AM »
My bad the name of the video is just Fishbowl. I watched an earlier edit so I watched the reup to see if there was anything different and jotted down the high points on notepad. I added some light editorial afterwards so that it would be easier to follow. No major differences in the edits but some of the points have been moved around, mostly in the beginning.

Some black skaters hate him

Skate Twitter sez "Looks like there's a pattern emerging"

Gary on the 9 Club

Gary Rodgers has been reduced to a shill. He blew up from his hot takes but now he's neutered and can't really say anything

"Fuck Nike (but get your bag)" so controversial

Skateboarding is a pile of wires where everythign is connected and nothing is slioed off

Once the door opens, every brand wants a piece of you

GH was offered a Vans contest gig and some SLS commercials - ego level up but he turns them down

6 months later he does a Hateline Vans episode that woulda been a clear conflict

The Robert Neal situation

It's been on sight since the Hot Wheels jacket video

Neal's been in his DMs

His flunkies have been spreading the word

Neal deleted his spicy comments but is claiming G code

Joa sez dude is a public figure and blasting his fashionista image but is super fragile when he gets made fun of for it

Bag Chasin

Neal flexed that he made more money with the fashion shit then GH did with YT (lol ya sure?)

Back to Gary's Fuck Nike but get your bag

Any behavior is justified as long as you're getting paid for it

Toxic positivity has your homies cheering you on

Fashion has a parasitic relationship to skating which is likely why core skating remains skeptical despite fashion always sniffing around

Skating goes through booms and busts and through that maintains its credibility. Whenever skaters are doing LV shoots it's time to liquidate your distro

The fashion skaters aren't really trying to push the style envelope. They're just trying to get paid

Bag chasin isn't a positive development in skateboarding and if somebody wants to beat him up for saying that whatever but it still sucks

SirRustyofMaine

« Reply #3890 on: February 15, 2024, 08:55:08 PM »
It bugs me in his reviews of parts and contests when he unnecessary specifies the fs/bs of tricks where it's just implied. Why say back feeble? You just say feeble. I would expect that from noobs and other YouTubers but not him. Also calling a 5050 and back 5050 front grind and back grind sounds dumb and is technically inaccurate as it could refer to any grind variation

Allen.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 737
    • Cigarettes for Cardio avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #3891 on: February 15, 2024, 09:21:44 PM »
Wait til you hear about regional dialects
For someone w.no signature ur awfully hostile, & that is why I do this

yghartsyrt

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 233
« Reply #3892 on: February 15, 2024, 09:58:36 PM »
It bugs me in his reviews of parts and contests when he unnecessary specifies the fs/bs of tricks where it's just implied. Why say back feeble? You just say feeble. I would expect that from noobs and other YouTubers but not him. Also calling a 5050 and back 5050 front grind and back grind sounds dumb and is technically inaccurate as it could refer to any grind variation

Considering how often I heard things like like fakie Ollie to switch 5-0 from professional skateboarders and magazines…

Can he read

« Reply #3893 on: February 15, 2024, 10:16:56 PM »

I may be in the minority but I dig calling 5050’s front/backside grinds.

SirRustyofMaine

« Reply #3894 on: February 16, 2024, 06:59:48 AM »
Is the lack of published skate photos with captions creating a free-for-all in trick names? I swear I heard him call a 180 nosegrind on a hubba a 180 switch crook. Not sure how you get that

Can he read

« Reply #3895 on: February 16, 2024, 08:35:18 AM »
Is the lack of published skate photos with captions creating a free-for-all in trick names? I swear I heard him call a 180 nosegrind on a hubba a 180 switch crook. Not sure how you get that

That’s actually an interesting observation, I hadn’t even considered the lack of printed media having an impact on trick names but you may be onto something.

fineslime

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 144
« Reply #3896 on: February 16, 2024, 08:41:10 AM »
the fishbowl rant was easily the hardest he's ever gone in the paint. beatrice, neal, and tyshawn pulling the race card was a last ditch effort because they knew he was right and had no legitimate rebuttal. robert neal saying it's on sight with GH just goes to show how insecure he is. a grown man threatening someone with violence because they got their feelings hurt by something that was said (and in this case what was said wasn't even that bad,) is probably the most childish and insecure thing you could actually do. if robert neal, or someone robert neal associated, actually put hands on Joa and word got out about it, his career would be a wrap.

people's careers have ended for way way less and Joa is a beloved figure in skateboarding. robert neal is a cornball and him threatening violence furthers that sentiment.

big_kev_215

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 746
« Reply #3897 on: February 16, 2024, 08:49:03 AM »

I’m very fond of Gifted Hater but some of his descriptions of tricks are egregiously incorrect.  Seems like anything in the 180 nosegrind or fakie 5-0 realm often trips him up with the trick names.

manysnakes

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1076
« Reply #3898 on: February 16, 2024, 08:51:13 AM »
the fishbowl rant was easily the hardest he's ever gone in the paint.

Have you (or anyone) got a link to the fishbowl rant? I'm not sure I've seen this.
This is not my SOTY. I'm telling my kids there was no SOTY for 2021

left knee cap

• Rep: 117
  • $$$$
« Reply #3899 on: February 16, 2024, 08:56:21 AM »
Expand Quote
the fishbowl rant was easily the hardest he's ever gone in the paint.
[close]

Have you (or anyone) got a link to the fishbowl rant? I'm not sure I've seen this.

he uploaded it straight to his patreon so you have to be a member to listen