Author Topic: Things You Are Not Stoked On  (Read 1887920 times)

shark tits

Re: Things You Are Not Stoked On
« Reply #19800 on: June 24, 2018, 03:09:06 PM »
Wow! Thanks for all the info guys  :-* I didn’t think anyone else here would have this in common. I actually had a buzzed head for years until recently I decided to grow my hair. When my hair was buzzed I had a few spots that seemed just like eczema so I applied triamcinolone acetonide 1% that is precisrbed for my eczema and it would go away almost instantly. Now with a full head of hair you can’t really apply that stuff so easy through the hair. I’m trying to avoid parting ways with my hair so I’m hoping the prescribed shampoo will help. I could definitely cut back on the beer a bit. If at that point nothing helps I’ll go ahead and buzz my hair. Thanks again guys, good stuff!
i wanna bring back the toupee like frank reynolds.
rock a baldie w/ a louie barletta or andy warhol wig. best of both worlds.

Silky Johnson

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1362
« Reply #19801 on: June 25, 2018, 10:31:54 AM »
Procrastinating packing my stuff and having to do a shit ton of work to attempt to get my security deposit back should be a fun week

SodaJerk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1085
  • Butterscotch yo!
« Reply #19802 on: June 26, 2018, 12:19:01 PM »
If you are squeamish a suggest you scroll past this photo.

My business partner managed to cut of part of her finger today, right through the bone. We collected the missing piece but they couldn't attach it so they shaved down the bone and stretched the skin and flesh back over. She'll be out for a few weeks but on the bright side it could have been a lot worse.

Bruh Man

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 122
  • Upstairs, fifth floor
« Reply #19803 on: June 26, 2018, 01:28:16 PM »

My business partner managed to cut of part of her finger today, right through the bone. We collected the missing piece but they couldn't attach it so they shaved down the bone and stretched the skin and flesh back over. She'll be out for a few weeks but on the bright side it could have been a lot worse.

Damn, how'd that happen? Was she bugging?

bawtawdinfinity

« Reply #19804 on: June 26, 2018, 01:37:22 PM »
Damn on the fingernail that's gnar. I'd prefer mine get chopped off below the fingernail, fuck that shit.

SodaJerk

• SLAP Pal
  • Butterscotch yo!
« Reply #19805 on: June 26, 2018, 01:52:15 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Damn, how'd that happen? Was she bugging?
Got distracted and left her hand in the way of a heavy ass door. She didn't even realise she'd cut it of and tried to keep working then caught a fucking bus to the hospital. She's hard core didn't even flinch. Our receptionist had to come later with the tip of her finger but they couldn't get it back on. I've got a photo of that too. Hospital let her keep it a a souvenir.

shark tits

« Reply #19806 on: June 26, 2018, 01:58:28 PM »
she's the one you want on your side, jeesh!

SodaJerk

• SLAP Pal
  • Butterscotch yo!
« Reply #19807 on: June 26, 2018, 02:58:44 PM »
she's the one you want on your side, jeesh!

She's also worked right up to the early stages of labour twice and walked home from the hospital after giving birth. Both times she was back at work within two weeks. Takes care of both kids and works every hour I do.  She's made of strong stuff.

Silky Johnson

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #19808 on: June 26, 2018, 03:15:57 PM »
Had to give my cat away, didn't think I'd be this bummed out. she's going to a good home at least

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 139
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #19809 on: June 26, 2018, 05:21:54 PM »
fucking hell SJ, glad to hear she's okay...

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

poorlatino

• Rep: 41
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #19810 on: June 26, 2018, 06:42:44 PM »

Holy shit

straight

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 988
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #19811 on: June 26, 2018, 07:40:31 PM »
how
What kind of mikey taylor logic is this?

somethingmustbreaknow

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 495
« Reply #19812 on: June 27, 2018, 01:07:33 AM »
fucking hell SJ, glad to hear she's okay...
hahaha - are you addressing the lady's cut off finger or the cat given away?

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #19813 on: June 27, 2018, 01:30:36 AM »
the finger fo'sho :o

somethingmustbreaknow

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 495
« Reply #19814 on: June 27, 2018, 01:37:49 AM »
... or both
since the initials SJ apply to both pals

cosmicgypsies

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 630
« Reply #19815 on: June 27, 2018, 01:59:21 AM »
that photo above makes me feel like a little bitch for coming here to complain about slipping out on a flatbar and smashing my coccyx off the floor

DISTANT RUMOURS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 401
« Reply #19816 on: June 27, 2018, 04:43:17 AM »
Update on the gf:

Tumor shrunk again, tumors on the thyroid glands are as good as gone.
Tumor went from 5 on 4 cm to 1 on 0,8 cm, impressive but STILL not small enough. It still has to shrink a little more so the operation where the uterus would be removed is postponed by a week.

She's doing a great job though... My girls is a beast and I truly hope she'll beat the other beast :(

SodaJerk

• SLAP Pal
  • Butterscotch yo!
« Reply #19817 on: June 27, 2018, 04:45:34 AM »
Update on the gf:

Tumor went from 5 on 4 cm to 1 on 0,8 cm, impressive but STILL not small enough. It still has to shrink a little more so the operation where the uterus would be removed is postponed by a week.

She's doing a great job though... My girls is a beast and I truly hope she'll beat the other beast :(

Women are way fucking stronger than us. She'll beat this DR.

silhouette

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1570
« Reply #19818 on: June 27, 2018, 05:16:44 AM »
Update on the gf:

she will. no doubt, never a doubt. your presence is everything to her right now. again best wishes, you guys stay strong.

JB

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 857
  • Rusty Berrings Roll Forever
« Reply #19819 on: June 27, 2018, 07:08:25 AM »
Had to give my cat away, didn't think I'd be this bummed out. she's going to a good home at least

I'm dealing with this right now, or putting off dealing with it, but it might be coming soon. We moved into our first house in December and have been working to fix it up. The basement right now is completely empty and I've torn out all the carpet and old ceiling tiles with the goal of redoing all that stuff in the future as I get the money to do so. My issue is that one (or maybe both) of my cats has been peeing and pooping in one of the corners of the basement for a while and I cant get them to stop. Theres a big window on the wall they go by and I think that neighborhood cats come by and stare at them through the window and my cats are marking their territory. I've tried special enzyme cleaner to get the scent of cat piss out, but that hasn't stopped them. I've even moved one of their litter boxes over in that corner and they'll use it, but they go outside of it too. I'm probably going to have to cover the window with something so they can't see out, but its at a point where even if I clean it to the point where I cant smell anything, they still can.

I love these cats, and they're both really great pets, but I'd be totally heartbroken if I had to give them away. Even more if I had to separate them. I can't have them destroying my home though. Our house isn't very big and being able to utilize the basement as a living room and entertaining space would double our available space. We also don't have AC right now and I could see us not needing it at all if the basement was finished because it's very cool down there. It will cost a bunch of money and take a bunch of time to get it looking nice, but it's something I really want to do but I can't invest all this time and money into it if the cats are just going to destroy it.

DISTANT RUMOURS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 401
« Reply #19820 on: June 27, 2018, 07:11:34 AM »
sad, cats rule :(

jomeara1

« Reply #19821 on: June 27, 2018, 03:47:53 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Some weird shit has been happening to me lately.  The past few months I’ve been waking up in the middle of the night with half of my left hand completely numb, usually my ring and pinky finger and about half of my palm. Almost every other night this happens and it takes a while to get the feeling back, sometimes a couple hours. I know sometimes this happens when you sleep on your arm or something, but this is not the case. Always happens when I’m sleeping on my back. Annoying as fuck.
[close]
See a doctor
[close]
http://www.chronicbodypain.net/everything-you-should-know-about-ulnar-nerve-entrapment-cubital-tunnel-syndrome/
sound like your ulnar nerve, theres alot of information out there.
but yeah, go to a doctor
[close]

Yeah I’m definitely going to one soon.  At first I just wanted to see if it would go away on its own but I’m having doubts about that now.
[close]

Try sleeping with your arm straight and not flexed and use a lower pillow and see if it helps. moving your hand and doing shoulder rotations might help you aswell...

I havent seen the clip but thats one of the things you would do when you go to a PT. Dont over stress or flex it, just stretch and move shit around.
[close]

My arm is straight when I sleep. I sleep with two pillows though so maybe that has something to do with it?

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Some weird shit has been happening to me lately.  The past few months I’ve been waking up in the middle of the night with half of my left hand completely numb, usually my ring and pinky finger and about half of my palm. Almost every other night this happens and it takes a while to get the feeling back, sometimes a couple hours. I know sometimes this happens when you sleep on your arm or something, but this is not the case. Always happens when I’m sleeping on my back. Annoying as fuck.
[close]
I’ve seen this before. Has a wife or loved one recently passed? Someone who’s hand you held in life?
[close]

Nope
[close]

Could be it, flexing your neck stretches the nerves in your arm. try a night without a pillow or a thin hard one and a straight hand and see if its better. try doing those flossing excersizes and shoulder rotations too.
unless you have had it for a long time the damage shouldnt be permanent, that means that if you change the factors that cause it to flare up in the first place the relief should be pretty quick. two nights should be enough to see if its getting better with those changes

Finally went to the doctor and he gave me an EMG test. Turns out I have carpal tunnel in both hands. Mild case though. Physical therapy a couple times a week.

On top of that (unrelated), I have to get a colonoscopy next week because I got blood in my stool. Wonderful.

Also, I have a weird rash going up both arms and both shins.

Lovely.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #19822 on: June 27, 2018, 05:46:04 PM »
... or both
since the initials SJ apply to both pals
touche, I didn't even see Silky's post

straight

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 988
« Reply #19823 on: June 27, 2018, 06:30:48 PM »
the massive fucking black bar soap that my wife got for the shower
What kind of mikey taylor logic is this?

Bruh Man

• SLAP Pal
  • Upstairs, fifth floor
« Reply #19824 on: June 28, 2018, 12:04:45 AM »
Expand Quote
Update on the gf:

[close]
Women are way fucking stronger than us. She'll beat this DR.
Proof's in the pudding with your co-worker and DR's lady!

butterballs for jerry

• Rep: -56
« Reply #19825 on: June 28, 2018, 10:55:08 AM »
I live in a room with three other dudes  (worker housing), one of which longboards. He has the day off and called me at work to ask me what kind of board my old school cruiser is, he was looking at it. I told him it's a cruiser... anyway, if I hadn't just blew out one of my wheels I would be incredibly pissed  off because he would definitely have taken it out for a spin, and I would have to blow up on him. He's 18 years old, very stupid and a compulsive liar. He is all of my problems right now. He begs for food, I lent him money twice (which he repaid but shit is already so annoying) he asks me for beer. I gotta leave all my shit there with this fucktard. I kinda yelled at him last night, told him the bank is closed and buy your own fucking food at the grocery store, stop asking me for shit. I'm gonna inventory all my food daily and stop all favors. I gave a mouse a cookie like an idiot and now he wants a glass of milk.  I'm getting heated just thinking about it.

A lesson learned in life, known from the dawn of time...
I was standing staring at the world, and I still can't see it

Bruh Man

• SLAP Pal
  • Upstairs, fifth floor
« Reply #19826 on: June 28, 2018, 11:25:35 AM »
Lots of restructuring at work come July 1st, and I'm kinda stuck assuming all sorts of extra job responsibilities for a while until things settle lol, bummer. I'm just trying to tell myself I should be grateful to not only have a job but one that gives me purpose.

calvinsdream

« Reply #19827 on: June 28, 2018, 03:06:22 PM »

Really sorry to hear that.

jwdharris

• Rep: -2
    • www.vimeo.com/jwdharris avatar image
« Reply #19828 on: June 28, 2018, 03:07:32 PM »
Update on the gf:

Long time lurker, very minimal poster here. I've seen you post a few times about your gf, she seems like a really solid lady and wish her (and you, and your family) the speediest of recoveries.

I had thyroid cancer and am now all clear. I had a total thyroidectomy and radioactive iodine, it wasn't much of a bother at all in the grand scheme of things. All I need to do is take thyroxine daily, which is easy.

I also work for a cancer journal, it's open access so if you ever need to search something up, give it a shot or pm me and I'll give you my direct email. www.ecancer.org

All the best to you both x

Silky Johnson

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #19829 on: June 28, 2018, 05:31:24 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Really sorry to hear that.
Appreciate it man she went to an old lady who goes to church with my mom and she's been sending my mom pictures of her warming up to her new spot so that makes me feel better.
Also best of luck of luck to you and your girl Distant were all rooting for you guys.