Author Topic: Does Supreme "give back" to skating?  (Read 16284 times)

SodaJerk

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1085
  • Butterscotch yo!
Re: Does Supreme "give back" to skating?
« Reply #90 on: June 22, 2018, 01:50:07 PM »

If you listen to ISUCK's podcast you'd understand that without outside investment HUF wouldn't still be a brand. They were killing it but demand was outstripping supply and they struggled to get the capital needed to continue. That's the nature of the "expand or die" system.
[/quote]

What podcast is this? Link me please?
[/quote]
Type in "Thrill of it All"

behavioralguide

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 769
  • dog stuff
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #91 on: June 22, 2018, 02:51:01 PM »
everybody un-learned how to
[/quote]
today?

SlappyBum

• Rep: -4
« Reply #92 on: June 22, 2018, 05:27:04 PM »

ChuckRamone

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 528
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #93 on: June 22, 2018, 06:33:44 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Asians love Supreme lets not all pretend this isn’t a universal truth
[close]

Doesn't every fucking race love supreme? Or is it OK to single out one minority race?

Would love to hear your educated factual explanation on your ignorant statement.
[close]
If I was selling some "vintage Preme" and it was a sealed bid between races I'd bet that the Asian contingent of the auction would out bid all comers. I might be wrong but I don't see how that is racist.
[close]

Racist? Maybe not, prejudice tho? 100%

Asians are fair game for generalizations without actual data because a lot of them are rich and don’t experience as severe of racism as other minority groups. That’s how it goes in racial discourse for the most part.

Sleazy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 262
  • tiger style
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #94 on: June 22, 2018, 07:11:05 PM »
Am I racist because I think rednecks like magallen...

Hoeboi

• Rep: -362
« Reply #95 on: June 22, 2018, 08:37:50 PM »

is someone racist if they assume "niggas like grape drank" ?

also I'm black, and i have a cock in my mouth while i type this.

revfredmorton

• Rep: -50
« Reply #96 on: June 22, 2018, 09:44:29 PM »
don’t reckon there will ever be another industry that asks companies to “give back” to the culture (whatever the fuck that means) than skateboarding.

that because most skateboarders have a sense of entitlement

verylowimpact

• Rep: -169
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #97 on: June 22, 2018, 10:09:23 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Doesn't every fucking race love supreme? Or is it OK to single out one minority race?

Would love to hear your educated factual explanation on your ignorant statement.
[close]
If I was selling some "vintage Preme" and it was a sealed bid between races I'd bet that the Asian contingent of the auction would out bid all comers. I might be wrong but I don't see how that is racist.
[close]

[close]

Asians are fair game for generalizations without actual data because a lot of them are rich and don’t experience as severe of racism as other minority groups. That’s how it goes in racial discourse for the most part.

I can barely get into this shit with any of you as clearly, most of you are talking out of your ass and are clueless on the subject matter, and really, why wouldn't you be. The 'model minority' is a myth and a systematic racist term made up by whites to show how one minority group could be a good example on how minorities should act, and that alone is racist and it's total bullshit. Just imagine being in that generalized box your whole life, fuck, your ignorant statement is a product of it.  A lot of Asians are stuck with old school eastern ways, brought down from generations and generations of outdated ways of dealing with shit, especially western type shit, hence making them passive and generally non outspoken on a lot issues.  Asians are the number one poorest minority group in NYC. A lot of them in the US try to front and show off but in reality, have no money. This whole, they're all rich bullshit is false as your ignorant statement. Asians face racism every fucking day, it's not outright, say like other minority groups. They are not represented in media, and if they are, it's super fucked up and generalized. You ever heard of the glass ceiling in the workplace for Asian people?! Go educated yourself before you speak on shit you have no idea about. And fuck, since we're on this. Every aware Asian person in this white frat boy skate industry feels exactly everything I just spoke about, they may not say it but they do.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2018, 10:11:40 PM by verylowimpact »

fulltechnicalskizzy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1936
« Reply #98 on: June 22, 2018, 10:17:13 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]
[close]

[close]

A lot of them in the US try to front and show off but in reality, have no money.

ChuckRamone

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #99 on: June 22, 2018, 10:18:47 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]

I can barely get into this shit with any of you as clearly, most of you are talking out of your ass and are clueless on the subject matter, and really, why wouldn't you be. The 'model minority' is a myth and a systematic racist term made up by whites to show how one minority group could be a good example on how minorities should act, and that alone is racist and it's total bullshit. Just imagine being in that generalized box your whole life, fuck, your ignorant statement is a product of it.  A lot of Asians are stuck with old school eastern ways, brought down from generations and generations of outdated ways of dealing with shit, especially western type shit, hence making them passive and generally non outspoken on a lot issues.  Asians are the number one poorest minority group in NYC. A lot of them in the US try to front and show off but in reality, have no money. This whole, they're all rich bullshit is false as your ignorant statement. Asians face racism every fucking day, it's not outright, say like other minority groups. They are not represented in media, and if they are, it's super fucked up and generalized. You ever heard of the glass ceiling in the workplace for Asian people?! Go educated yourself before you speak on shit you have no idea about. And fuck, since we're on this. Every aware Asian person in this white frat boy skate industry feels exactly everything I just spoke about, they may not say it but they do.

sorry, I should have made it clearer that I was being sarcastic.

ChuckRamone

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #100 on: June 22, 2018, 10:28:30 PM »

SodaJerk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1085
  • Butterscotch yo!
« Reply #101 on: June 22, 2018, 11:41:49 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

We know you're not black.

revfredmorton

• Rep: -50
« Reply #102 on: June 23, 2018, 08:23:15 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
We know you're not black.

how do we know he not black?

bucketoftruth

• Rep: 12
« Reply #103 on: June 23, 2018, 11:03:07 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
If you listen to ISUCK's podcast you'd understand that without outside investment HUF wouldn't still be a brand. They were killing it but demand was outstripping supply and they struggled to get the capital needed to continue. That's the nature of the "expand or die" system.
[close]

HUF(co) could have stayed in business and not grown at all and the only sad people would have been their initial investors not getting paid like their American dreams demand. Its not like they pull your business license if you dont grow 5% YoY. You fell for their bullshit just like the kids do. Cant hate on Huf(nagel) getting paid, but dont pretend that its the same company. Its just a series of stickers some investment bankers now own.
[close]
Aiming or deciding to remain an independent or cottage business is a sure fire way to limit your company's life expectancy when you have outlets in SF (currently America's most expensive city) and Tokyo (Asia's most expensive city). If you want to relocate to a less expensive regional locale and scratch by then fine. If there's a demand for more original products then you need to "expand or die". How'd you think the initial investors are gonna feel about that business model?
Initial investors bought in to sell high, not to add to the skateboarding virtue bucket. Growing to show value is what motivates investors, and they are incentivized  to grow when they shouldn't for short term gain. Thats the gamble of the stock market. Thats why dudes jump out of buildings. Because its "Grow or Die" and its gnarly as fuck.

As for botiques, all that shits internet based anyways. Or if its home spun wool and vegan embroidered next door at the farmers market, none of these hypebeast investors give a shit unless they can use that to sell more, then replicate it next season for cheaper. Where is the Sci-Fi Fantasy mall kiosk? Its on the contract when Jerry gets tired of hustling hoodies or needs to buy a new car real quick.  There are hundreds of thousands of small businesses that don't become Nike, but keep the owners and employees comfortable and feeling secure about their lives.

It could be that "theres a demand for more original products" which is kindof self defeating if you want sport-toy company to shape its user base with charitable donations and bold mission statements.

ManMelt

« Reply #104 on: June 23, 2018, 06:59:22 PM »
Expand Quote
I bought a bunch of things from the store in the early 2000’s, when Hickey was still there. mostly hats. I’ve been to embarrassed to even wear them in the current climate, so I sold them all this Vietnamese guy that lives in the apartment across the hall. He paid a pretty penny for each one, and was so hyped to be getting “vintage Preme”. It was cringe worthy. You couldn’t pay me to wear a Supreme hat in 2018.
[close]

Why would you even have to mention his race you fucking privileged 'white' douchebag piece of shit fuccboi?! If we're getting all sjw on this shit, let's bring it all out there.

And I guarantee, you're cringe worthy in real life you closet racist fuckface.
Are you serious? What a herb!

Grant Patronik

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Rep: 19
« Reply #105 on: July 04, 2018, 07:28:54 AM »
£50,000 donated to help unlock and restore the small banks at Southbank. I've been excited about this project for a long time, so this is cool to see. Everything else in this thread is officially irevelant.

« Last Edit: July 04, 2018, 07:30:25 AM by Grant Patronik »

Prawn Cocktail

« Reply #106 on: July 05, 2018, 02:18:10 AM »
£50,000 donated to help unlock and restore the small banks at Southbank. I've been excited about this project for a long time, so this is cool to see. Everything else in this thread is officially irevelant.

Supreme on Slap confirmed.

DISTANT RUMOURS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 400
« Reply #107 on: July 05, 2018, 02:43:29 AM »
Awesome.

Jabootie Bootie

• Rep: -18
« Reply #108 on: July 05, 2018, 02:43:48 AM »
It's funny how this generation believes that companies owe anyone anything.  They make and sell goods for use and consumption.  It's up to the consumers of said goods to decided whether or not to purchase those goods.  The masses have spoken, and they care not as much for skateboarding as they do for proposed goods.  Start a company and give to the community if that's what you want to do. We all know Supreme is more hype than substance.  Let it go.

Andy_Roys_Left_Nut

« Reply #109 on: July 05, 2018, 03:15:10 AM »
£50,000 - The metaphorical sock in the shit talkers gob!

« Last Edit: July 05, 2018, 06:54:15 AM by Andy_Roys_Left_Nut »

sharkin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 483
« Reply #110 on: July 05, 2018, 07:32:48 AM »
that's a typo, they're donating 50,000 lbs of concrete.

Supreme goin around talking pounds in england getting everyone jazzed up -- they're spending about $5k on bags of crete