Author Topic: Session?  (Read 13224 times)

TD

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -2
Re: Session?
« Reply #30 on: December 02, 2018, 04:35:57 PM »
So far I've learned that this game is probably never going to come out, and I'm not sure if it'll even be worth it, if it does.

Love Skate mag

• Rep: 9
« Reply #31 on: March 28, 2019, 09:19:31 AM »
So far I've learned that this game is probably never going to come out, and I'm not sure if it'll even be worth it, if it does.

Its definitely coming out, it supposed to have an early access for the backers for springs.
They had a lot of changes in the core team, and the game it self. I guess Skater XL put some pressure on them.

But the guys work their asses off on it. They just don't want to put out a game half finished.

Speakr

• Rep: 61
« Reply #32 on: March 29, 2019, 03:01:19 AM »
Between this one and Skater XL, one of them better deliver. If not the hopes of a bigger budget skategame (like Skate 4) will be nill. If not already.

The one thing I feel with all the early builds and developer updates: it creates more negativity than hype. Would rather see a proper teaser/trailer once a year.

GOKU

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 113
« Reply #33 on: March 29, 2019, 12:10:47 PM »
Between this one and Skater XL, one of them better deliver. If not the hopes of a bigger budget skategame (like Skate 4) will be nill. If not already.

The one thing I feel with all the early builds and developer updates: it creates more negativity than hype. Would rather see a proper teaser/trailer once a year.

It seems like the Skater XL modding community is giving the devs a LOT to live up to, haha. Hope they don't crack under the pressure!

radcunt

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 499
    • FARTPISS DOGCUM avatar image
« Reply #34 on: March 31, 2019, 06:50:36 AM »
Skater XL is already fun, they just need to tighten it up & add more tricks & variations.  Heck, I just want to be able to slap into wall rides, do wallies, slappies, laybacks and have them feel solid.  Make the small game fun.  I also want it to feel fast, loose and fun just to be dicking around on the board, no game has really got that right.  Skate was the closest out of any of these.

Hmmmm Nice Bike

« Reply #35 on: March 31, 2019, 06:22:04 PM »
Skater XL is already fun, they just need to tighten it up & add more tricks & variations.  Heck, I just want to be able to slap into wall rides, do wallies, slappies, laybacks and have them feel solid.  Make the small game fun.  I also want it to feel fast, loose and fun just to be dicking around on the board, no game has really got that right.  Skate was the closest out of any of these.

Wallrides were confirmed to be in older versions of the game and will make a comeback eventually, at least that's what the testing team have said in their Twitch streams.

Love Skate mag

« Reply #36 on: April 01, 2019, 06:21:33 AM »

both are 2 very indy games. means small budget. they will not have the same help and budget like EA Skate used to.

By the way, Session gave an update to their backers this week end.

curbslayer

• How dose the board stick to their feet ?
« Reply #37 on: April 04, 2019, 03:33:25 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

both are 2 very indy games. means small budget. they will not have the same help and budget like EA Skate used to.

so whats up with it ?

Hmmmm Nice Bike

« Reply #38 on: April 04, 2019, 07:59:56 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

so whats up with it ?

I think it was mostly minor animation tweaks, nothing really exciting honestly.

radcunt

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #39 on: April 07, 2019, 06:10:49 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Wallrides were confirmed to be in older versions of the game and will make a comeback eventually, at least that's what the testing team have said in their Twitch streams.

Rad, as long as it's a mechanic that can transpose to wallies, small curbs as well as big walls.  Dont want to have to ollie into wall rides, and that same thing could be used to do slappies n stuff.

curbslayer

• How dose the board stick to their feet ?
« Reply #40 on: April 17, 2019, 04:22:03 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Rad, as long as it's a mechanic that can transpose to wallies, small curbs as well as big walls.  Dont want to have to ollie into wall rides, and that same thing could be used to do slappies n stuff.

i like where your mind is. slappys and proper wallrides would be sick. god i need a new skate game so bad

CrappyChan

• Rep: -54
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #41 on: April 29, 2019, 09:16:43 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

i like where your mind is. slappys and proper wallrides would be sick. god i need a new skate game so bad

What if it was a modifier like the button for nollie in thps. Hold L1 and ride at something and you wallride
"From Todd Falcon to Tony Hawk, the Ben Raybourn story"

Hmmmm Nice Bike

« Reply #42 on: August 13, 2019, 08:47:33 AM »
It's finally coming to Steam and Xbox soon as early access.

Esmith5488

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 400
« Reply #43 on: August 13, 2019, 11:25:17 AM »
They had me sold when they added no comply and roger

formula420

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 84
« Reply #44 on: August 13, 2019, 02:18:32 PM »
I've had a lot of fun with the backer skatepark. Can't wait to see all of the new animations in place.

Its been a few years since I've been hyped for a game and now there's session, borderlands 3, and death stranding all at once!

Cool Ceith

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 614
  • Did someone say sassy?
« Reply #45 on: August 13, 2019, 03:17:55 PM »
I've had a lot of fun with the backer skatepark. Can't wait to see all of the new animations in place.

Its been a few years since I've been hyped for a game and now there's session, borderlands 3, and death stranding all at once!

So stoked! Also this:

PlugSkullcandy

• Rep: 89
« Reply #46 on: August 15, 2019, 07:34:05 PM »
Wish they had more budget for their games... i’m not talking about AAA games, just enough money to hire more people and work in better conditions. Don’t know what the deals are but i’m tired of big companies trying to make profit of already crowdfunded indie games.

by the way i’m looking forward to play these two, I want a skateboarding game so bad, but i’m a PS4 owner so..

germy rogirs

• Rep: -14
« Reply #47 on: August 16, 2019, 12:21:25 AM »
Wish they had more budget for their games... i’m not talking about AAA games, just enough money to hire more people and work in better conditions. Don’t know what the deals are but i’m tired of big companies trying to make profit of already crowdfunded indie games.

by the way i’m looking forward to play these two, I want a skateboarding game so bad, but i’m a PS4 owner so..

looks like session is coming out on PS4 in 2020 no word on Skate XL though. Happy as an XB1 owner though its crazy to think its been 10 years since skate 3 practically

Hmmmm Nice Bike

« Reply #48 on: August 20, 2019, 08:38:37 PM »
What was shown at GAMECON, also skaters who might be involved with the game are starting to promote it on their social media.

BALARGUE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 615
    • Balargue Skateshop avatar image
« Reply #49 on: August 21, 2019, 01:37:41 AM »
I am so reassured
They definitely picked the right ambassadors

Hmmmm Nice Bike

« Reply #50 on: August 21, 2019, 07:08:39 AM »
I am so reassured
They definitely picked the right ambassadors

What I want to know is, where is Fred Gall?

https://www.slapmagazine.com/index.php?topic=102477.msg2912656#msg2912656

Hmmmm Nice Bike

« Reply #51 on: August 22, 2019, 04:24:42 PM »
Replay editor was shown off at Gamescon.

Love Skate mag

« Reply #52 on: September 17, 2019, 07:42:44 AM »
Hi guys!
in the celebration of the release of SESSION early access (meaning the game is at 20% to finished)on the steam platform. We've produced an 22min mini documentary about the creator's game. Along a full interview on our website.

Have fun with the game!
Shalom

https://tinyurl.com/y5lnomkz

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1959
« Reply #53 on: September 17, 2019, 11:10:59 AM »
I just built a gaming PC this weekend, so this is great timing. Can’t wait to go home and check it out.

formula420

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 84
« Reply #54 on: September 17, 2019, 02:21:11 PM »
I just built a gaming PC this weekend, so this is great timing. Can’t wait to go home and check it out.

Nice. Building a pc is so satisfying. Feel free to add me on steam @ green_wedges. I've been playing borderlands 3 so if you plan on getting that let's co-op.

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1959
« Reply #55 on: September 17, 2019, 07:43:50 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Nice. Building a pc is so satisfying. Feel free to add me on steam @ green_wedges. I've been playing borderlands 3 so if you plan on getting that let's co-op.

hell ya, just sent you a request!

So I finally got home and played around with this game for about an hour or so. It's definitely hard, which is kinda thrilling because my favorite memories of the Skate games were actually just learning how to play. The flip trick mechanic is actually pretty intuitive with most of the challenge coming from trying to curb your muscle memory from Skate lol. Ledges and rails are really awkward but I've figured out how to do basic tricks like 5-0s or crooks. Being early access, it's pretty buggy and it's crashed on me twice, but overall I think there's a really cool concept behind this and I'm really excited to see it further fleshed out.

I posted a couple lines on my Insta story if anyone wants a point of reference. @pizzafliptofakie   (which is also my Steam name, if anyone wants to be Steam friends. ;) )

Hmmmm Nice Bike

« Reply #56 on: September 18, 2019, 11:17:09 PM »
I decided to create a video comparing trick animations from Session, Skate 3 and Skater XL if anyone is interested...

50mm

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 282
  • Take a chance, Columbus did!
« Reply #57 on: September 19, 2019, 01:46:19 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

hell ya, just sent you a request!

So I finally got home and played around with this game for about an hour or so. It's definitely hard, which is kinda thrilling because my favorite memories of the Skate games were actually just learning how to play. The flip trick mechanic is actually pretty intuitive with most of the challenge coming from trying to curb your muscle memory from Skate lol. Ledges and rails are really awkward but I've figured out how to do basic tricks like 5-0s or crooks. Being early access, it's pretty buggy and it's crashed on me twice, but overall I think there's a really cool concept behind this and I'm really excited to see it further fleshed out.

I posted a couple lines on my Insta story if anyone wants a point of reference. @pizzafliptofakie   (which is also my Steam name, if anyone wants to be Steam friends. ;) )
Ive been hounding you to know what you built!

Add me on steam too: adirtyburger

Destiny 2 will be free to play October 1st. It’s not on steam but is moving there at that time I guess. Just an FYI. It’s actually pretty good. I got it for free a year ago and never played until like this past week and actually like it. I’m not sure if you have played game on pc before.

radcunt

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #58 on: September 19, 2019, 02:26:33 AM »

Hell yeah I just built my first ever PC for video work. 3900x 2070 Super, the shits ready to eat this game alive. So satisfying, Mac can eat my hole.

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

What if it was a modifier like the button for nollie in thps. Hold L1 and ride at something and you wallride

Yeah thatd be great. Need something to stay low, then can use the ollie mechanic to just slap onto stuff. 
« Last Edit: September 19, 2019, 02:30:20 AM by radcunt »

Love Skate mag

« Reply #59 on: September 19, 2019, 06:01:59 AM »
I decided to create a video comparing trick animations from Session, Skate 3 and Skater XL if anyone is interested...

cool video, but you are comparing 2 unfinished games with skate3. Session is only 20% to be finished. animations and mechanics are still in works.
That said, the only thing that you can see, is how unrealistic is skate3, the pop is way to high.