Author Topic: Jake Phelps persona non grata  (Read 121713 times)

jawano

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -16
Re: Jake Phelps persona non grata
« Reply #30 on: June 15, 2018, 09:10:40 AM »
Regardless of what constitutes being racist or prejudiced in your eyes, white people should never use any variant of “nigga.”

Fixed that for ya.

John Florence

« Reply #31 on: June 15, 2018, 09:13:37 AM »
Kingpin was where Kyle Beachy's article on 1010 and the "skate nazis" wound up when literally no one else would publish it, right? I think they have more credibility than you think. I doubt they are doing this to take down Thrasher the same way I doubt that Phelps is personally responsible for Thrasher's YouTube dominance.

Give Burnett the keys already. Get Phelps to a neurologist. CTE is a fucker of a thing to have.

You're talking about Free skate mag. I was just pointing out that Kingpin and most skate medias might have interest in Thrasher's monopole ending...not defending Phelps at all though, at this point he should have a restraining order filed by every skateboarder on the planet.

thomas kook

« Reply #32 on: June 15, 2018, 09:14:30 AM »
Expand Quote
Regardless of what constitutes being racist or prejudiced in your eyes, white people should never use any variant of “nigga.”
[close]

Fixed that for ya.

alright, i'll bite. please allow me to assume you're white and mad you can't use the word all those cool rappers are using. also, if you would let me, i'll guess you're one of those people who go 'but ALL lives matter :(' at a black lives matter event

Pete

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 755
  • Free Max B
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #33 on: June 15, 2018, 09:16:28 AM »
Dude should have been kicked out of skateboarding years ago. Not sure why so many people suck that dudes log. The footage of him almost dying on that hill is tight.

Free max b
FREE MAX B

DCLOVE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -480
« Reply #34 on: June 15, 2018, 09:16:37 AM »
Expand Quote
I used to defend Phelps because he was cool when I met him
[close]

same here. he was very cool and generous with me personally the one time i met him. but his sketchiness is well documented. if he wants to be an ambassador for skateboarding he needs to stop being racist and stop backing racists. i imagine him and schmitty are reading this post right now.

The thing about Phelps is he wants to be an ambassador for HIS version of skating , which is just a bunch of fucked old rude, racist, assholes from sf who think they’re the gods gift to the world of skating. Which they aren’t . They’re like mean locals only old surfer dudes from rocket power.
PINE 2009, 2010, 2011, 2020, PINE STILL MAKIN' MONEY.

jakeumms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1276
  • Runnin through the house with a pickle in my mouth
« Reply #35 on: June 15, 2018, 09:17:19 AM »
Expand Quote
Kingpin was where Kyle Beachy's article on 1010 and the "skate nazis" wound up when literally no one else would publish it, right? I think they have more credibility than you think. I doubt they are doing this to take down Thrasher the same way I doubt that Phelps is personally responsible for Thrasher's YouTube dominance.

Give Burnett the keys already. Get Phelps to a neurologist. CTE is a fucker of a thing to have.
[close]

You're talking about Free skate mag. I was just pointing out that Kingpin and most skate medias might have interest in Thrasher's monopole ending...not defending Phelps at all though, at this point he should have a restraining order filed by every skateboarder on the planet.

Yeah you're right. They put it up for a few hours and then took it down for the "impending" 1010 interview. My bad.
them cats are out getting mashed up to jungle, he's out mashing up jungle cats. it's just not gonna work.

GAY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3290
  • Those that SLAP, can't.

shit_for_brains

« Reply #37 on: June 15, 2018, 09:20:09 AM »
Some of you social media inclined people should spread it to the t shirt buyers who don't skate demographic. That's who Thrasher cares about the most. If all the young black kids burned their Thrasher shirts, skateboarding's Medicis might have to sell a boat or fire a racist old junkie or something.

CRAILFISH TO REVERT

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 506
« Reply #38 on: June 15, 2018, 09:21:30 AM »

I know a nazi salute when I see one! being knocked out is no excuse!

jawano

• Rep: -16
« Reply #39 on: June 15, 2018, 09:26:22 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Fixed that for ya.
[close]

alright, i'll bite. please allow me to assume you're white and mad you can't use the word all those cool rappers are using. also, if you would let me, i'll guess you're one of those people who go 'but ALL lives matter :(' at a black lives matter event

Damn shame that this is so triggering for you...

I assume then that you are one of those people who believe that what a person can or can't say depends on and is decided by that person's race (a variable beyond a person's control) - sounds real enlightened. Me, I don't think that factors outside of my control should have a bearing on what I can and can't say. A person's skin color should not entitle them to act differently than others, nor prohibit them from enjoying what others enjoy.

I don't use that language because its offensive, period. I don't really care what others do, but it's funny when the argument is essentially "black people can say things that white people can't because history." Also, I'm biracial, so sorry that you didn't get to skeet out to a white guy hur-durring.

It's amazing that I'm getting called out for pointing out that the offensive word "nigga" or any of its variants should not be used by anyone in this day and age.

nopes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 85
  • Bob loseedo wears a speedo
« Reply #40 on: June 15, 2018, 09:32:48 AM »
something just seems wrong with white people telling minorities what they can and cant say to each other. shrug

DCLOVE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -480
« Reply #41 on: June 15, 2018, 09:35:09 AM »
Some of you social media inclined people should spread it to the t shirt buyers who don't skate demographic. That's who Thrasher cares about the most. If all the young black kids burned their Thrasher shirts, skateboarding's Medicis might have to sell a boat or fire a racist old junkie or something.

In the new thrasher there’s a sticker pack with and end racism sticker and I posted it to Instagram with a caption along the lines of “funny coming from thrasher with racist ass Phelps at the helm” this was like two weeks ago too.
PINE 2009, 2010, 2011, 2020, PINE STILL MAKIN' MONEY.

Robert Baratheon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 40
« Reply #42 on: June 15, 2018, 09:39:44 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I know a nazi salute when I see one! being knocked out is no excuse!

10/10

AreYouHarvinFun?

• Rep: 3
« Reply #43 on: June 15, 2018, 09:44:28 AM »
something just seems wrong with white people telling minorities what they can and cant say to each other. shrug

They always know whats better for us...

Fuck Phelps...

Hypnotoad

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 156
« Reply #44 on: June 15, 2018, 09:46:40 AM »

Not defending him, but having unreasonable turbo asshole freak outs is not exactly an uncommon effect of head trauma, especially for someone who was an insane pickled alcoholic drug addict in the first place.  Probably time to hang it up.

bawtawdinfinity

« Reply #45 on: June 15, 2018, 09:49:21 AM »
Pure humor I tell ya

happenstance

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 690
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #46 on: June 15, 2018, 09:49:36 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Yeah you're right. They put it up for a few hours and then took it down for the "impending" 1010 interview. My bad.
Just to clear this one up, it wasn't Kingpin Magazine (European) that posted the article and removed it. It was King Shit Magazine (Canadian), which is now just called King Magazine.

So yeah, easy to mix this up.

GAY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3290
  • Those that SLAP, can't.
« Reply #47 on: June 15, 2018, 09:54:16 AM »
Pure humor I tell ya

Just chiming in to say that with teeth like that, I guarantee this man gives a fantastic blowjob.

Alan

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2592
« Reply #48 on: June 15, 2018, 09:54:59 AM »
Yeah, where is that 10/10 interview, King Mag?
Hosin' out the cab of his pickup truck
He's got his 8-track playin' really fuckin' loud

• Rep: -42
« Reply #49 on: June 15, 2018, 10:03:03 AM »
something just seems wrong with people telling people what they can and cant say to each other. shrug

Fixed that for you.
You can throw me on the double kink box and then watch the hate ignored like Constitution by the congressmen

feedmeseymour

« Reply #50 on: June 15, 2018, 10:05:47 AM »
Anyone else notice phelps using way more slang whenever he interviews black skaters? Shit was always pretty cringy

behavioralguide

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 764
  • dog stuff
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #51 on: June 15, 2018, 10:06:30 AM »

Just to clear this one up, it wasn't Kingpin Magazine (European) that posted the article and removed it. It was King Shit Magazine (Canadian), which is now just called King Magazine.

So yeah, easy to mix this up.

''King Magazine" is now owned by the berrics right?

DannyDee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 247
« Reply #52 on: June 15, 2018, 10:07:12 AM »
I sincerely believe that he does not discriminate according to people's ethnicity but rather is a derelict old fart who's hit his head once too many times  and smoked hubba way too much and lacks a filter in his brain. His perceived position of power in this industry has allowed him to get away with it and the ass kissers have his back.

Pretty much this. It seems for a bunch of people with dementia or serious head trauma, they say insanely offensive things that either their brain filtered out before or they didn't think.

chipped tail

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #53 on: June 15, 2018, 10:09:54 AM »
called it...in the who's the next racist thread

skateboarding is a house of cards right now.

Burnett is gonna be EIC by the time Olympic coverage starts.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2018, 10:11:59 AM by chipped tail »

SodaJerk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1085
  • Butterscotch yo!
« Reply #54 on: June 15, 2018, 10:10:51 AM »
Expand Quote
I sincerely believe that he does not discriminate according to people's ethnicity but rather is a derelict old fart who's hit his head once too many times  and smoked hubba way too much and lacks a filter in his brain. His perceived position of power in this industry has allowed him to get away with it and the ass kissers have his back.

[close]
Pretty much this. It seems for a bunch of people with dementia or serious head trauma, they say insanely offensive things that either their brain filtered out before or they didn't think.
Yeah but let's wait to hear from Raven and Patlanta for confirmation.

chipped tail

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #55 on: June 15, 2018, 10:11:14 AM »
Expand Quote
Anyone else notice phelps using way more slang whenever he interviews black skaters? Shit was always pretty cringy
[close]

whoa Robbie Russo kicks it with Ali G. Booyakasha

BobbyPshew

• Rep: -61
« Reply #56 on: June 15, 2018, 10:12:51 AM »
Expand Quote
Pure humor I tell ya

[close]

Just chiming in to say that with teeth like that, I guarantee this man gives a fantastic blowjob.

Ol' smoothbore.
Nice cockduster of a 'stache, too.
Ron Don's Playpen-Home Of The $2 Lap Dance

I-HATE-YOU

• Rep: -35
« Reply #57 on: June 15, 2018, 10:14:28 AM »
Apparently Jake is accused of spitting at a nine year old girl skating the bowl at HOV London as well as other skaters. The next day at southbank and Stockwell park he was heard throwing racial slurs and forced to leave by locals. Details are sketchy but he's also allegedly squared up to young black skaters after his slurs.

BOYCOTT THRASHER!!!

Oh look, here is a Kingpin magazine for you...Only $19.99/ month. 10% discount with boycott thrasher code!

BobbyPshew

« Reply #58 on: June 15, 2018, 10:41:38 AM »
Has she taken it down?
Can't see that post on her Insta, anywhere?

https://www.instagram.com/kellie1980/

BobbyPshew

« Reply #59 on: June 15, 2018, 10:46:08 AM »
Right on, thanks Gentle.