Author Topic: KOTR Season 3 Airs July 10  (Read 10624 times)

nocomply900

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 2
Re: KOTR Season 3 Airs July 10
« Reply #60 on: July 03, 2018, 03:55:34 PM »
LOL, love that this became a Queer Eye discussion thread.

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -937
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #61 on: July 03, 2018, 04:10:52 PM »
LOL, love that this became a Queer Eye discussion thread.
I really hope we can keep it up. Def gonna binge watch it and report back
Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out

nocomply900

• Rep: 2
« Reply #62 on: July 03, 2018, 04:25:25 PM »
Gotta admit, ol' Karamo will definitely get you pumped and talking in the mirror about how you ARE good enough to do what it takes to be the real you.

And then you’re like, wait... what exactly does this guy do on the show?

jakeumms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1274
  • Runnin through the house with a pickle in my mouth
« Reply #63 on: July 03, 2018, 06:24:19 PM »
I know I spoke disparagingly about the getting married challenge and how it mocked LGBTQ people and their struggles but god damn that ceremony between Cole and Aiden was heartwarming. I hope they have a great life together.

I thought it was surprisingly sweet too. Totally expected some bro lulz but didn't really get that.

I do think the world has changed since last season, though. Seems like there's more Phelps right when they should be dialing him back. Also, I have a decent idea how TV works and I still don't get why Andy Roy is looking for work in the off season? I know Viceland isn't prime time network TV but like if he's co-hosting a show on basic cable shouldn't he be at least a little set up?
them cats are out getting mashed up to jungle, he's out mashing up jungle cats. it's just not gonna work.

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 283
« Reply #64 on: July 03, 2018, 07:18:22 PM »
He listens to your bullshit in the car and pumps you up, but yeah, no one is working harder than Bobby and the guy who cuts hair.

Yes!  Bobby Berk is underrated because he’s not gimmicky  And apparently he looks like a grown up Dash from the Incredibles.   I like Tan, but I feel like his improvements are the least sustainable.

My rankings
1. Bobby
2/3 Tan and Johnathon
4 Karamo (his grandmother should get paid)
5 Antoni (no one likes the Strokes that much)

Rocuronium

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 48
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #65 on: July 04, 2018, 03:45:59 PM »
Expand Quote
I’ve never seen an episode of this show. Is it good or kooky jock shit?
[close]

there are some rad moments like muska on a session with deathwish last year, but there’s also a lot of stupid filler shit like make out challenges and the weird shit/piss stuff. I could do without the reality show vibe but that’s exactly what kotr is now. last year’s did introduce me to the gnarliness of Kevin baekkel tho so that was cool.

The piss/shit/butt stuff is lame because it doesn't represent ANYthing that ever happens during a skate sesh/afterparty or any road trip (except collect jugs of piss, I guess).  That's what makes it so contrived.
It's even worse when it's ABD in previous seasons: butt bong, naked shave, piss in mouth....
It's a grab for the jackass/ridiculousness demo......  again, that's been ABD way better

I do enjoy the rest of the show though.
I  wish more of their multi-team meet-ups involved diy skatespot building contests that would be left behind for that city's skaters.
[img]https://i.pinimg.com/236x/59/48/b8/5948b85016497192c5b5df8b620f75db.jpg[img]