Author Topic: Local Pittsburgh Skater killed by Police  (Read 33913 times)

VHS ERA

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 211
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Re: Local Pittsburgh Skater killed by Police
« Reply #240 on: June 25, 2018, 08:23:13 PM »
Obama Holder Justice dept investigated and published damning reports on abuse and bias in Ferguson and Baltimore PD and were racing to finish their Chicago PD report before Trump was sworn in. Not saying he was all in but it was more than just “addressing it”

bawtawd5

• Rep: 134
« Reply #241 on: June 25, 2018, 08:27:15 PM »
Deez threads really bring the racist turds to the top of the bowl

shark tits

« Reply #242 on: June 25, 2018, 08:32:21 PM »
Obama Holder Justice dept investigated and published damning reports on abuse and bias in Ferguson and Baltimore PD and were racing to finish their Chicago PD report before Trump was sworn in. Not saying he was all in but it was more than just “addressing it”
nothing came of it though. it's lip service.
but i just thought of soemthing. as much as i believe what i believe and you believe what you believe, neither is objectively right.
on a visceral level i'm sure i'm correct but like, does that invalidate what you think? or a pro cop person? it's all just opinion.

full of jerks

• Rep: -33
« Reply #243 on: June 25, 2018, 11:29:21 PM »

VHS ERA

• SLAP Pal
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #244 on: June 26, 2018, 07:07:08 AM »
Not surprised Suciu is woke to some extent

woodsman

• Rep: 65
« Reply #245 on: June 27, 2018, 05:14:00 AM »
The officer has been charged with criminal homicide.

feedmeseymour

« Reply #246 on: June 27, 2018, 05:24:28 AM »
The officer has been charged with criminal homicide.

deffinition (cause i wasnt sure of it myself)

Criminal homicide may be classified as murder, manslaughter, or criminally negligent homicide. A person commits criminal homicide if he intentionally, knowingly, recklessly or with criminal negligence causes the death of another person. Homicides that are neither justifiable nor excusable are considered crimes.

Non-criminal homicides include killing in self-defense, an accidental death like a hunting accident or automobile collision without a violation of law like reckless driving, or carrying out a sentence of execution. An execution is an example of a justifiable homicide, which is an intentional killing done in accordance with legal obligation, or in circumstances where the law recognizes no wrong. Justifiable homicide may also include killings necessary to prevent a felony or to arrest a suspected felon, and killings in self-defense. In some states of the United States, one may lawfully kill in resisting the unlawful invasion of a home or real property.

VHS ERA

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #247 on: June 27, 2018, 06:29:44 AM »
They won’t convict him. He won’t see jail or real consequences

shit_for_brains

« Reply #248 on: June 27, 2018, 07:54:20 AM »
Oh wow would you look at that

SlappyBum

• Rep: -4
« Reply #249 on: June 27, 2018, 11:36:56 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
but i just thought of soemthing. as much as i believe what i believe and you believe what you believe, neither is objectively right.
on a visceral level i'm sure i'm correct but like, does that invalidate what you think? or a pro cop person? it's all just opinion.

The more i read your takes dude the more i like you

shark tits

« Reply #250 on: June 27, 2018, 11:42:35 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

thanks my dude! i respect the struggle, i spent a good portion of my life on the streets. it was a blast for a while but then you're just stagnating and it's not wicked easy to get out of.

SlappyBum

« Reply #251 on: June 27, 2018, 12:08:03 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]
thanks my dude! i respect the struggle, i spent a good portion of my life on the streets. it was a blast for a while but then you're just stagnating and it's not wicked easy to get out of.

Concrete dont ever get any softer. It can be fun if youre travelling, but i also like to stay in cities and house up when i can. It is nice to be able to have more than one skateboard

Bumpovertrash

« Reply #252 on: June 27, 2018, 04:55:04 PM »
I hope there is justice for this young man.
These pigs need to start seeing consequences for there actions as the rest of us do. Thank god someone filmed this or there would be nothing.

revfredmorton

• Rep: -50
« Reply #253 on: June 27, 2018, 08:34:32 PM »
how about you all stop beating your dicks and lets talk about the facts

the cop who shot antwon is now charged with criminal homicide

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-nation/wp/2018/06/27/east-pittsburgh-police-officer-who-shot-and-killed-antwon-rose-charged-with-criminal-homicide/

also the other teenager who ran away (and almost entirely got away) is named as the shooter of the original drive by. antwon was simply a kid who was on the scene.

Expand Quote

how you know he "simply a kid who was on the scene"?  why he run then?  there has been no trial, you dont know the fact yet, you are simply making allegation.
[close]

Shifty Flip

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 303
  • and the whistle is screaming
« Reply #254 on: June 27, 2018, 11:43:17 PM »
“Taking a human life is one of the most important issues in this community, dealing with those types of tragedies,” Zappala told reporters. “You do not shoot somebody in the back if they are not a threat to you.”

Under Pennsylvania law, a criminal homicide charge can encompass first-, second- and third-degree homicide. Zappala said he believed the evidence supported the most serious charge — which carries with it a life sentence — but that ultimately it would be up to a jury.

“We think we should have the right to argue murder in the first degree,” he said. “It’s an intentional act and there is no justification for it."

This is the DA in charge of prosecuting the case? Calling for first degree and life? Thankfully this Keystone Cop forgot the first rule of "I feared for my life. He was turning for me. I saw what I thought was a weapon" his conflicting reports will hopefully force him to plea quickly to a lesser degree with the possibility of parole. His time will be torture. Stuck in PC solitary forever, for his own protection.

Bobby Peru

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 609
    • Community Push avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #255 on: June 28, 2018, 09:40:07 AM »
“Taking a human life is one of the most important issues in this community, dealing with those types of tragedies,” Zappala told reporters. “You do not shoot somebody in the back if they are not a threat to you.”

Under Pennsylvania law, a criminal homicide charge can encompass first-, second- and third-degree homicide. Zappala said he believed the evidence supported the most serious charge — which carries with it a life sentence — but that ultimately it would be up to a jury.

“We think we should have the right to argue murder in the first degree,” he said. “It’s an intentional act and there is no justification for it."

This is the DA in charge of prosecuting the case? Calling for first degree and life? Thankfully this Keystone Cop forgot the first rule of "I feared for my life. He was turning for me. I saw what I thought was a weapon" his conflicting reports will hopefully force him to plea quickly to a lesser degree with the possibility of parole. His time will be torture. Stuck in PC solitary forever, for his own protection.

NPR points out that detail in this article: https://www.npr.org/2018/06/27/623797909/east-pittsburgh-police-officer-charged-with-homicide-in-shooting-of-antwon-rose

Police said the Chevrolet Cruze was pulled over because it matched the description of a vehicle involved in a drive-by shooting minutes earlier in nearby North Braddock Borough that left a 22-year-old with a "grazing" wound.

Zappala said a 9 mm weapon as well as a .40-caliber — used in the earlier shooting — was retrieved from under the front seat of the car Rose was riding in. Both weapons were stolen.

And yet, according to Zappala, Rosfeld was never at risk from a weapon.

"He specifically says that he didn't see a weapon," Zappala said. "That's significant."

I guess that's all it takes to elude a homicide charge. Say Skittles looked like a gun and you're in the clear.

Hopefully this establishes a precedent of cops facing charges.

Sad Hippo

« Reply #256 on: June 28, 2018, 09:49:42 AM »
Can I just say this dude looks like every community college motherfucker that wants to be a cop.

revfredmorton

« Reply #257 on: June 28, 2018, 10:59:18 AM »
Can I just say this dude looks like every community college motherfucker that wants to be a cop.

you can say he look like community college motherfucker that want to be cop if you want.  you can say whatever you want.  do you think he bisexual?

Pigeon

« Reply #258 on: June 28, 2018, 11:00:29 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

you can say he look like community college motherfucker that want to be cop if you want.  you can say whatever you want.  do you think he bisexual?
Shut the fuck up, snowflake.

feedmeseymour

« Reply #259 on: June 28, 2018, 11:02:56 AM »

SlappyBum

« Reply #260 on: June 28, 2018, 12:31:34 PM »

Im guessing this means he legalized ranch

revfredmorton

« Reply #261 on: June 28, 2018, 07:33:36 PM »
im confused.  do police only shoot black people in your country?  not latinos or asians?

TheLurper

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 658
« Reply #262 on: June 29, 2018, 06:01:57 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Baltimore entered into a consent decree with the DOJ because of the DOJ report (https://consentdecree.baltimorecity.gov/). It isn't everything it needs to be, but hopefully acts as a start. Hopefully, it moves things in the right direction. Broken windows, zero tolerance policing, the war on drugs fucked a lot of things up and it is going to take a lot of work on the police's side to regain the (black) public's trust. Especially, when we consider how often this form of policing affected and continues to affect black lives (https://www.theroot.com/high-school-antwon-rose-attended-faces-brutal-allegatio-1827207545), not to mention the problems that black communities have been burdened with because of redlining, Jim Crowe, etc., especially in places like Baltimore.

Also, just to a few other comments in the thread (some of the posters are obviously just trying to provoke a reaction and I don't want to directly respond to them)
The odds of winning Powerball are 1 in 292 million.
However, the odds that a black man will be shot by the police in any given year in the US = 1 in 60,000
and the odds the that a white man will be shot by the police in any given year in the US = 1 in 200,000.
The police kill three people each day in the US (https://www.c-span.org/video/?325595-6/washington-journal-peter-moskos-police-shootings-us).

Second, here is a good source on policing in America: http://www.copinthehood.com . The blog is run by an associate professor at John Jay (arguably the best criminal justice program in the country). There are tons of books, academic articles, etc., but this is probably a good place to start for most of us.

Third, it can be argued (and convincingly) that the rightful outrage over the killings of black men helps reduce police brutality, because it seems many non-black people automatically give the police the benefit of the doubt and assume the person who they shot must be evil, bad, or deserved it. Quoting our professor here, "I think most white people simply don't care when police kill people. Period. Or, to be more slightly more nuanced: whites are more likely to give police the benefit of doubt in questionable shootings and forgive even egregious (criminal) errors. Police are good, they say; sometimes they mess up; it's the price we pay to have police in a violent society. I call it the Al Sharpton Effect. If there's no pushback when police use lethal force, police have no incentive to use lethal force only as a last resort. I think it's incontrovertible that Sharpton -- no matter what one thinks of his methods, moral, and motivations -- is partly responsible for helping make the NYPD the least-shooting large police department in the country. Every shooting in NYC gets analyzed and bad shootings get hammered. That makes for better use of force guidelines and a better police department."

Law enforcement is the only branch of the government that we allow to use physical force on citizens. With this much power, it only makes sense that we should scrutinize their actions and not just assume everything they do is right.

Finally, I can't express enough sympathy for a young skater who got shot in the back because he ran from the police. I can't even count the number of times I ran from the police and never even got a ticket.
https://youtu.be/84JpXmJRU40?t=22m1s
« Last Edit: June 29, 2018, 06:09:12 PM by TheLurper »

Quote from: ChuckRamone
I love when people bring up world hunger. It makes everything meaningless.
"That guy is double parked."
"Who cares? There are people starving to death! Besides, how does that affect you? Does it lessen the joy of parking?

revfredmorton

« Reply #263 on: June 29, 2018, 06:53:58 PM »
why police target only black people?  what about asians and latinos?  i thought your president want to send all latinos back to mexico and build great america wall
« Last Edit: June 29, 2018, 06:56:26 PM by revfredmorton »

snack pack

• Rep: 7
« Reply #264 on: July 01, 2018, 04:06:58 PM »
why police target only black people?  what about asians and latinos?  i thought your president want to send all latinos back to mexico and build great america wall
Ever heard of I.C.E you half wit?

feedmeseymour

« Reply #265 on: July 02, 2018, 05:09:50 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Ever heard of I.C.E you half wit?

sharkin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 483
« Reply #266 on: August 20, 2018, 06:33:20 PM »
The cop is set to be arraigned in court Wednesday morning.

I would imagine he’s pleading not guilty and will stand a trial. Hopefully with a jury that ISNT his peers- more cops
« Last Edit: August 20, 2018, 06:36:22 PM by sharkin »

ChrisLambe94

« Reply #267 on: August 21, 2018, 06:18:18 AM »
Rest In Paradise.