Author Topic: Local Pittsburgh Skater killed by Police  (Read 33893 times)

CrumblingInfrastructure

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 297
Re: Local Pittsburgh Skater killed by Police
« Reply #90 on: June 21, 2018, 05:26:10 PM »
The "guys" name was Antwon Rose. Antwon should be out skating with his friends today hanging out. Instead he's in a body bag because the police are trained on how well they can shoot and not how well they can run. It is public knowledge that police officers in the US are generally rejected or reassigned because their IQ is too high.

Again let's repeat "His name was Antwon Rose". He could be your friend, the guy at the park, or someone on instagram. Either way his name is Antwon and his parents have to bury him. If his back was turned then that officer could have tackled/tased him.

Say Antwon's fucking name when you talk about him. If you're too lazy to even type it out when you try to point out that he somehow deserves to have his life taken from him at the age of 17 then go fuck fuck yourself. Stick to skating parks and licking boots.

chilllyboy

• Rep: -10

shark tits

« Reply #92 on: June 21, 2018, 06:45:40 PM »
the coroner ruled it a homicide. i mean, he was shot w/ a gun that was aimed at him to shoot, not an accidental discharge. pretty clear cut cause of death.
that doesn't mean the cop has been/will be indicted.
if he has codefendants, they might get the charge cause that's how fucked up our laws are if anyone is murdered during a felony, even if it's your pal and the cop does the murdering, you can catch the charge.
god bless america.

chilllyboy

• Rep: -10
« Reply #93 on: June 21, 2018, 06:48:35 PM »
^^Ahh, thank you for the clarification.

GardenSkater77

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1065
« Reply #94 on: June 21, 2018, 08:09:39 PM »
This story makes no sense. The vehicle they stopped was said to have bullet holes in the body and blown out glass. The car had guns in it and the driver was arrested and later released. The driver is a ‘Pitney’ driver which is said to be like an Uber type service. The driver was released which sounds like no charges were brought against him.

So, Antwan Rose and someone else hired a driver for a shoot out and the driver is arrested but not charged?

Am I reading this correctly? Is the reporting here terrible or I am missing something?

If the driver was involved in a shoot out he would be in jail right now charged with attempted murder for the shooting of the 22 year old, but he is not being charged it seems, so how was he not involved, but the two passages were?

Can anyone shed some light? Something is missing, or maybe I am missing something. Thanks

TommyDuggs

• Rep: 1
« Reply #95 on: June 21, 2018, 08:26:00 PM »
This story makes no sense. The vehicle they stopped was said to have bullet holes in the body and blown out glass. The car had guns in it and the driver was arrested and later released. The driver is a ‘Pitney’ driver which is said to be like an Uber type service. The driver was released which sounds like no charges were brought against him.

So, Antwan Rose and someone else hired a driver for a shoot out and the driver is arrested but not charged?

Am I reading this correctly? Is the reporting here terrible or I am missing something?

If the driver was involved in a shoot out he would be in jail right now charged with attempted murder for the shooting of the 22 year old, but he is not being charged it seems, so how was he not involved, but the two passages were?

Can anyone shed some light? Something is missing, or maybe I am missing something. Thanks
It seems pretty likely that these kids were not the one that did the drive-by.

Regardless, another instance of white cops shooting unarmed black kids who pose no threat. Fuck anyone trying to justify this.

bawtawdinfinity

« Reply #96 on: June 21, 2018, 08:30:18 PM »
Well the cars back window was broken, looks like it was shot out. I'm just guessing either a kidnap type thing or since the 22yo was armed it could of been a self defense thing and they actually helped the driver out.

revfredmorton

• Rep: -50
« Reply #97 on: June 21, 2018, 08:36:06 PM »
was homeboy involved in earlier shooting?  were drugs involve?

nopes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 85
  • Bob loseedo wears a speedo
« Reply #98 on: June 21, 2018, 08:37:05 PM »
Amazing how many people still think the idea that they ran and must have been guilty makes it ok for them to be shot and killed.

bawtawdinfinity

« Reply #99 on: June 21, 2018, 08:40:28 PM »
Well the cars back window was broken, looks like it was shot out. I'm just guessing either a kidnap type thing or since the 22yo was armed it could of been a self defense thing and they actually helped the driver out.
Actually probably more the second one since there was supposed bullet holes in the car. Probly just a bad scenario went down.

Pavementi

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -146
  • Fuck it
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #100 on: June 21, 2018, 09:34:24 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Regardless, another instance of white cops shooting unarmed black kids who pose no threat. Fuck anyone trying to justify this.
But they found two semi-autos in the car that the kids bolted from...

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/nbcblk/protests-erupt-following-fatal-police-shooting-17-year-old-antwon-n885196
Like Daewon said: if skateboarding is a ten story building, Rodney is on eleventh floor.

Style Police

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 781
« Reply #101 on: June 21, 2018, 09:53:58 PM »
Have a feeling the officer is going to walk. Horrible situation for everyone.

Found this on the inter-webs so take it as you will.

"It doesn't seem to me that there is any justification ever for shooting an individual who is fleeing in the back," said the family's attorney Fred Rabner. Mr. Rabner should know better. Antwon Rose was riding in a car that matched the description of a car involved in a recent drive-by shooting during which the person who was shot at returned fire and blew out the back window of the suspect car in which Antwon Rose was riding. Firing a gun in a drive-by shooting is a felonious act committed by someone in the suspect car. Sworn police officers are required by statute in most states, and by sworn oath in all states, to immediately apprehend escaping felons or persons committing felonious acts without fail, no excuses, no ifs, ands, or buts, and are authorized to use any and all necessary and proportionate force, up to and including lethal force, to do so. Proportionate force means if the escaping felon or person committing felonious acts shows or uses a weapon (or was reported to have used a gun, or threatens or gives the appearance of doing so - i.e., has the real or apparent means, including a hand/finger hidden in a pocket and pointed as if it were a gun, or aiming a moving vehicle at an officer), the use of equal ('proportionate') force is reasonable to apprehend that person based on the 'reasonable fear' produced in the officer's mind when confronted by the real or apparent presence or threat of the weapon (thus the 'Get your hands out of your pockets right now!' command given to Milwaukee Bucks basketball player Sterling Brown two weeks by the Milwaukee police, to which he stupidly relied 'No, I got stuff in my hands!'). Current firearms training is to aim for the center mass and fire until the gun stops firing (jams, or runs out of ammo), or until the threat has been completely and thoroughly 'neutralized', which often means 'dead'. Center mass is defined as the area from the 'neck to the waist', including the front, side, and back - there is no exemption from being shot in the back - and there is no obligation for the officer to wait until the escaping felon/person committing felonious acts turns around so he can conveniently be shot in the front - since the requirement is to apprehend without fail by any and all necessary and proportionate means any and all fleeing felons and/or persons committing felonious acts). If the facts, situation, and circumstances in this shooting as reported in the media are correct (sometimes a big 'if'), the shooting will be regarded as a 'justifiable homicide' - because the officer reasonably suspected that the fleeing suspect had committed or was an accomplice in the commission of a felonious act. i.e., the drive-by shooting. Those facts, if correct, make this shooting a justifiable homicide."

happenstance

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 690
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #102 on: June 21, 2018, 09:56:39 PM »
that doesn't mean the cop has been/will be indicted.
if he has codefendants, they might get the charge cause that's how fucked up our laws are if anyone is murdered during a felony, even if it's your pal and the cop does the murdering, you can catch the charge.
god bless america.
I had no idea you could get charged with felony murder if a police officer is the shooter. This is nuts.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/us-news/2018/apr/15/alabama-accomplice-law-lakeith-smith

nopes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 85
  • Bob loseedo wears a speedo
« Reply #103 on: June 21, 2018, 10:24:18 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
But they found two semi-autos in the car that the kids bolted from...

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/nbcblk/protests-erupt-following-fatal-police-shooting-17-year-old-antwon-n885196

I hate when they say this like it's a machine gun or something. Just say hand guns instead of sensationalizing it.

essal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 80
« Reply #104 on: June 22, 2018, 08:04:51 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Some helpful advice for idiots: Running from the police is not a capital crime for which you should receive the death penalty. Fleeing on foot is generally a misdemeanor for which you should not be killed.
[close]
Just out of curiosity, does this still apply if you're wanted for a drive-by shooting and you're suspected of being armed in a neighborhood? Without knowing the entire scenario that played out, it sure looks dirty, but there is more to a case than the 4 second instagram showing someone actually getting shot.

Not saying it was right or wrong, just saying that there are things that play into account. As an example, the Dallas shooter in 2016 was killed by the police without a trail, because he was deemed to dangerous to even try to arrest.

Based on the timeline posted by gino, it seems like someone played stupid games and won stupid prizes.
[close]
You may not realize it or mean it, but you're saying it's right. You're making excuses for why this shit is happening. Fleeing on foot, which is the only criminal act anyone KNOWS he committed, is not a crime you can be executed for. Period. The problem is not one of people fleeing, it's of police killing indiscriminately.
If the stuff Style Police posted above is correct, then it confirms what I thought. Not saying it's even  close to being morally "right"- but it could be a reason why it happens. Is it a shit policy with room for major fuck-ups and unnecessary death? Absolutely.

feedmeseymour

« Reply #105 on: June 22, 2018, 08:18:56 AM »
When i was young a cop pressed his gun against my head and told me if i move he'll blow my brains out. My crime? I stole some beer. You bet your sweet ass i didn't move. Anyway ACAB!
that sounds like some serious backwoods middle of nowhere cop technique.

brwrxstl

• Rep: -71
    • Tumblr avatar image
« Reply #106 on: June 22, 2018, 08:33:53 AM »
White kids are brought in alive
Black kids get hit with like five
Get scared, you panic, you're goin' down
The disadvantages of the brown

Song hasn’t even been out a week

You do realize that white "kids" get shot in situations like this too right? It's just the media doesn't cover it because then stories like this wouldn't sell....

Obviously the officer involved panicked and made a mistake and needs to be held accountable, but shit happens when you have a split second to act.  We're talking about a car loaded with weapons that was just used in a shootout, and a suspected person from that vehicle, who in that officer's eyes was now an immediate threat. The same thing would've happened if Antown was white. Guns are guns and it doesn't take a black finger to pull a trigger. It's just again the media selectively covers these stories, and unfortunately young males are involved in more of these kinds of situations.

baustin

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Rep: 117
« Reply #107 on: June 22, 2018, 08:35:24 AM »
Have a feeling the officer is going to walk. Horrible situation for everyone.

Found this on the inter-webs so take it as you will.

"It doesn't seem to me that there is any justification ever for shooting an individual who is fleeing in the back," said the family's attorney Fred Rabner. Mr. Rabner should know better. Antwon Rose was riding in a car that matched the description of a car involved in a recent drive-by shooting during which the person who was shot at returned fire and blew out the back window of the suspect car in which Antwon Rose was riding. Firing a gun in a drive-by shooting is a felonious act committed by someone in the suspect car. Sworn police officers are required by statute in most states, and by sworn oath in all states, to immediately apprehend escaping felons or persons committing felonious acts without fail, no excuses, no ifs, ands, or buts, and are authorized to use any and all necessary and proportionate force, up to and including lethal force, to do so. Proportionate force means if the escaping felon or person committing felonious acts shows or uses a weapon (or was reported to have used a gun, or threatens or gives the appearance of doing so - i.e., has the real or apparent means, including a hand/finger hidden in a pocket and pointed as if it were a gun, or aiming a moving vehicle at an officer), the use of equal ('proportionate') force is reasonable to apprehend that person based on the 'reasonable fear' produced in the officer's mind when confronted by the real or apparent presence or threat of the weapon (thus the 'Get your hands out of your pockets right now!' command given to Milwaukee Bucks basketball player Sterling Brown two weeks by the Milwaukee police, to which he stupidly relied 'No, I got stuff in my hands!'). Current firearms training is to aim for the center mass and fire until the gun stops firing (jams, or runs out of ammo), or until the threat has been completely and thoroughly 'neutralized', which often means 'dead'. Center mass is defined as the area from the 'neck to the waist', including the front, side, and back - there is no exemption from being shot in the back - and there is no obligation for the officer to wait until the escaping felon/person committing felonious acts turns around so he can conveniently be shot in the front - since the requirement is to apprehend without fail by any and all necessary and proportionate means any and all fleeing felons and/or persons committing felonious acts). If the facts, situation, and circumstances in this shooting as reported in the media are correct (sometimes a big 'if'), the shooting will be regarded as a 'justifiable homicide' - because the officer reasonably suspected that the fleeing suspect had committed or was an accomplice in the commission of a felonious act. i.e., the drive-by shooting. Those facts, if correct, make this shooting a justifiable homicide."

They'll still take white school shooters in alive tho. Fuck cops

shark tits

« Reply #108 on: June 22, 2018, 08:39:26 AM »
Expand Quote
When i was young a cop pressed his gun against my head and told me if i move he'll blow my brains out. My crime? I stole some beer. You bet your sweet ass i didn't move. Anyway ACAB!
[close]
i'd say a more west coast thing. i've had cops point guns at me twice in SF and once in oakland [while i was sleeping on a train engine]. might have to do w/ lax gun laws make cops more pussy/quick to draw but i've been arrested all over the country and hardly ever had guns on me. maybe indiana, i fell asleep on a train outta chicago once and woke up by cops at a coal plant.
that's my story anyways, maybe black kids get gun treatment in mass?
maybe my behavior was congruent w/ danger to those urban bay area cops?
ps in response to new posts, they definitley kill the hell outta some white people too, more overall than black [less statistically]. i think when they bring in the school shooters, maybe it's reticence about bucking in a school whereas ghetto is perceived as dangerous [i mean, cause statistically it is dangerous]?
it sucks that there's a schism because 'poor lives matter/stop killer cops' would have more leverage than 'black lives matter' and together it would be stronger but you know, divide and conquer.

feedmeseymour

« Reply #109 on: June 22, 2018, 08:57:19 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
i'd say a more west coast thing. i've had cops point guns at me twice in SF and once in oakland [while i was sleeping on a train engine]. might have to do w/ lax gun laws make cops more pussy/quick to draw but i've been arrested all over the country and hardly ever had guns on me. maybe indiana, i fell asleep on a train outta chicago once and woke up by cops at a coal plant.
that's my story anyways, maybe black kids get gun treatment in mass?
maybe my behavior was congruent w/ danger to those urban bay area cops?
ps in response to new posts, they definitley kill the hell outta some white people too, more overall than black [less statistically]. i think when they bring in the school shooters, maybe it's reticence about bucking in a school whereas ghetto is perceived as dangerous [i mean, cause statistically it is dangerous]?
it sucks that there's a schism because 'poor lives matter/stop killer cops' would have more leverage than 'black lives matter' and together it would be stronger but you know, divide and conquer.

yeah shit aint like that in new england, been chased by cops, tackled, arrested, pulled over and searched, but never had a gun pulled on me.

shit_for_brains

« Reply #110 on: June 22, 2018, 09:31:10 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Some helpful advice for idiots: Running from the police is not a capital crime for which you should receive the death penalty. Fleeing on foot is generally a misdemeanor for which you should not be killed.
[close]
Just out of curiosity, does this still apply if you're wanted for a drive-by shooting and you're suspected of being armed in a neighborhood? Without knowing the entire scenario that played out, it sure looks dirty, but there is more to a case than the 4 second instagram showing someone actually getting shot.

Not saying it was right or wrong, just saying that there are things that play into account. As an example, the Dallas shooter in 2016 was killed by the police without a trail, because he was deemed to dangerous to even try to arrest.

Based on the timeline posted by gino, it seems like someone played stupid games and won stupid prizes.
[close]
You may not realize it or mean it, but you're saying it's right. You're making excuses for why this shit is happening. Fleeing on foot, which is the only criminal act anyone KNOWS he committed, is not a crime you can be executed for. Period. The problem is not one of people fleeing, it's of police killing indiscriminately.
[close]
If the stuff Style Police posted above is correct, then it confirms what I thought. Not saying it's even  close to being morally "right"- but it could be a reason why it happens. Is it a shit policy with room for major fuck-ups and unnecessary death? Absolutely.

What style police posted is the police department covering their ass. The whole crux of that argument is the word "if". There has been no reports I've seen of an investigation starting, which doesn't mean it hasn't but it means they haven't reached any kind of conclusion if they have started one. All they've done is issue a statement to put a shield in front of their killer. The Allegeheny County Police Superintendent said it could be justified if the officer felt an imminent threat of death or if the suspect running away from the officer posed an immediate threat. You can watch the video again and decide for yourself if the officer had a reasonable fear for his safety or the safety of others. I mean the legally strict definition of immediate threat, the one that applies to the police, not TV cowboy logic of "well if* he was involved in a drive by...."

Standards should be higher but as long as people blame the victims they never will. That's why it can happen to you too, and there will be a chorus on the internet saying you probably deserved it.

* there's that word again

Police killings are a spectrum of right and wrong. Some are right, some are wrong, some are grey. This one is wrong and no statements from the police or their lawyers are going to change that.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2018, 09:35:54 AM by shit_for_brains »

JeremyScottofChapman

• Rep: -21
« Reply #111 on: June 22, 2018, 09:57:01 AM »
Bottom line. Fuck the police. The systematic killing and incarceration of young black men in this country is despicable.

hip bruise

• Rep: 11
« Reply #112 on: June 22, 2018, 10:02:00 AM »
Instantaneous trial, sentencing & execution. By design.

American policing has always stayed true to its roots: slave recovery, worker repression & violent enforcement of the status quo.

SlappyBum

• Rep: -4
« Reply #113 on: June 22, 2018, 10:13:25 AM »

American policing has always stayed true to its roots: slave recovery, worker repression & violent enforcement of the status quo.

Dude fucking thank you, i have had to explain this so many times to so many people in my life

BobbyPshew

• Rep: -61
« Reply #114 on: June 22, 2018, 10:30:50 AM »

One of the reasons I don't and never would live in America.
Fuck guns.

Ron Don's Playpen-Home Of The $2 Lap Dance

calvinsdream

« Reply #115 on: June 22, 2018, 10:40:28 AM »
Quote from: baustin link=topic=100251.msg2819505#msg2819505
They'll still take white school shooters in alive tho.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2018, 02:23:57 PM by calvinsdream »

OrangeVHStapes

• Rep: 84
« Reply #116 on: June 22, 2018, 10:45:30 AM »
FUCK ALL COPS...

This shit never changes. When I was a kid I was skating around my town with my close buddy at night... My buddies mom had pulled up to pick us up so we started jogging towards the car, cop came out of fucking nowhere and tackled the SHIT out of my friend... We freeze, cop was like "I FUCKING TOLD YOU TO STAY" we didn't hear shit, we didn't even know he was fucking behind us, he looks at us and realizes we are like fucking 11 years old and backs up... We reported it to the police station and of course nothing fucking came of it. Luckily he didn't draw his fucking gun on us like this scenario... Its just ever since Ive been a kid its always the same fucking story, cops think their dick is bigger than everyone else's and the get to fuck anybody they want without repercussion... And they can...

shripshrapper

• Rep: -21
  • Shane Heyl 2020 #GOATPOTUS
« Reply #117 on: June 22, 2018, 10:45:43 AM »

RIP Antwon Rose

SJ

« Reply #118 on: June 22, 2018, 11:13:40 AM »
Dumbass shouldn't of ran considering how trigger happy cops have become now. The cop should be sentenced to death but probably won't happen as always. Before you SJW fucks tear this post apart I'm also a POC who understands damn well how society is right now.

behavioralguide

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 769
  • dog stuff
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #119 on: June 22, 2018, 11:18:20 AM »
America!
The lucky suckle teat others chaw pig knuckle meat
In America!