Author Topic: Local Pittsburgh Skater killed by Police  (Read 33875 times)

feedmeseymour

Re: Local Pittsburgh Skater killed by Police
« Reply #30 on: June 21, 2018, 05:38:30 AM »
So if I'm getting the story straight:

- Shots fired call made to the police
- 22 year-old man found on street with bullet wounds to the abdomen.
- 22 year-old alleges that man in car was the aggressor, fired nine .40 caliber rounds from car initially.
- 22 year-old returns fire (both are armed), hits car with multiple rounds.
- Police see car that matches description moments later, with bullet holes in rear window
- Police stop car. Antwon Rose is a passenger in said car, along with a second passenger. Antwon Rose and 2nd passenger both attempt to flee. Driver stays in car.
- Antwon Rose runs away, police shoot him multiple (I'm hearing 3) times. Antwon Rose dies. 2nd passenger gets away
- Police search car. Police find 2 firearms in car. No weapons are found on Antwon Rose's person
- Driver of the car is 20 years-old. Is questioned, no wounds. Driver of car is released. 2nd passenger still at large.

Someone please fill me in on anything I'm missing. I'd assume the next thing they do is run ballistics and see if the two guns found match the .40 caliber rounds that hit 22 year-old. I saw someone post that you would be ill-advised to run from the police, especially if you're riding in a vehicle with bullet holes and weapons present, fair point. Regardless, the officer in question sounds like he reacted out of fear and impulse rather than accessing a situation, which is something that he should have been drilled through in his training. If they do find he shot Antwon unjustly, he should most definitely be charged with murder. Fucking awful thing to happen. Law enforcement should be held to higher standards, or at the very least show some fucking competence

all that goes out the window because you are only supposed to draw your gun if you intend to fire it, and you only fire it when your life is in danger... that cops life clearly wasnt in danger if the kids were running away from him as fast as they could.

SHIREFLIP

« Reply #31 on: June 21, 2018, 06:05:34 AM »
Oof. 17? Fuck, man. Little dude looks like my cousin. I hope things get better in America.

offkilter

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 263
« Reply #32 on: June 21, 2018, 06:31:10 AM »
what the fucking fuck  :'(

Alan

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2545
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #33 on: June 21, 2018, 06:32:06 AM »
bullshit in every way. why shoot someone in the back? cowards

Still can't believe killing a suspect is the correct procedure in the States...

RIP Antwon
Hosin' out the cab of his pickup truck
He's got his 8-track playin' really fuckin' loud

JeremyScottofChapman

• Rep: -21
« Reply #34 on: June 21, 2018, 06:37:01 AM »
Welcome to the police state people...

calvinsdream

« Reply #35 on: June 21, 2018, 06:41:53 AM »
rip .. that’s disgusting .. these dirty police officers need to go to jail and stop being protected .. the good cops out there should be the ones that stand up for the victims and stop allowing these pieces of shit to wear the badge

I always thought a large part of being a cop was never testifying against other cops no matter how many people get shot.

Jonny Utah

• Rep: -32
« Reply #36 on: June 21, 2018, 06:44:56 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

- 22 year-old alleges that man in car was the aggressor, fired nine .40 caliber rounds from car initially.
- Police see car that matches description moments later, with bullet holes in rear window
- Police stop car. Antwon Rose is a passenger in said car, along with a second passenger. Antwon Rose and 2nd passenger both attempt to flee. Driver stays in car.
- Antwon Rose runs away, police shoot him multiple (I'm hearing 3) times. Antwon Rose dies. 2nd passenger gets away
- Police search car. Police find 2 firearms in car. No weapons are found on Antwon Rose's person
- Driver of the car is 20 years-old. Is questioned, no wounds. Driver of car is released. 2nd passenger still at large.

Someone please fill me in on anything I'm missing. I'd assume the next thing they do is run ballistics and see if the two guns found match the .40 caliber rounds that hit 22 year-old. I saw someone post that you would be ill-advised to run from the police, especially if you're riding in a vehicle with bullet holes and weapons present, fair point. Regardless, the officer in question sounds like he reacted out of fear and impulse rather than accessing a situation, which is something that he should have been drilled through in his training. If they do find he shot Antwon unjustly, he should most definitely be charged with murder. Fucking awful thing to happen. Law enforcement should be held to higher standards, or at the very least show some fucking competence
[close]

None of that matters you twat. You trying to victim blame here all low key? Fuck you.  A child was murdered by an agent of the state.  Shot in the back.
[close]
Yeah a cop's first reaction to someone running away shouldn't be to shoot them in the back. Multiple times. There's nothing justifiable about this.
If he was innocent why did he start running from the cops?

calvinsdream

« Reply #37 on: June 21, 2018, 06:53:41 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

None of that matters you twat. You trying to victim blame here all low key? Fuck you.  A child was murdered by an agent of the state.  Shot in the back.
[close]
Yeah a cop's first reaction to someone running away shouldn't be to shoot them in the back. Multiple times. There's nothing justifiable about this.
[close]

Probably because he felt they were going to shoot him? Why does it matter anyway - fleeing from police isn’t something that deserves deadly force in the first place.

Jesus fuck

SLAP is officially on my Dad’s facebook feed.

GardenSkater77

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1065
« Reply #38 on: June 21, 2018, 06:54:21 AM »
Because he wasn’t thinking he would be shot and killed. He was just reacting to the situation. He was scared and his instinct, like most skaters I have known, is to run from police to avoid being ticked or arrested. I used to run all the time from cops. Now I am too old for that crap, but if I were younger I would seriously consider just taking the ticket or arrest.

peacepappies

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -97
  • tae-tae
« Reply #39 on: June 21, 2018, 07:01:21 AM »
hope that cop gets the worst kind of cancer.
ohyeahohyeah

fang

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 195
« Reply #40 on: June 21, 2018, 07:03:31 AM »
Running from the cops was almost like a game when I was a kid. Never worried about being shot fo sho. Jumping fence after fence while that cop drives up and down the street and you're already 3 streets away via yard jumping, good times.

shark tits

« Reply #41 on: June 21, 2018, 07:06:06 AM »
people are tribal and cops are no different. the amount of power and entitlement is different but it's kind of like you don't snitch on your buddy, right?
or you'd lie for him if he cheat on his old lady and we make allowances for our own or friend's behavior that we wouldn't tolerate from a stranger. it makes me mad that they won't tell on each other but if i won't rat on my friends, it's somewhat hypocritical.
cops are just a magnified version of that when they keep the thin blue line.
the cameras are a good start and outside prosecutors who don't need police support to make their cases and hold them to the same standards as civilians.
when civilian juries find them not guilty w/ video evidence it's like 'god help us all'.

Jonny Utah

• Rep: -32
« Reply #42 on: June 21, 2018, 07:08:02 AM »
hope that cop gets the worst kind of cancer.
Wishing cancer upon someone isn't cool fam👎🏻👎🏻👎🏻

chipped tail

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -42
« Reply #43 on: June 21, 2018, 07:36:55 AM »
soldiers on the battle field have more strict laws of engagement than police in America. Its a policy issue on top of being a race issue. We the people need to stand up in protest about how we let police behave. We need to get the police procedure changed at the state level. These cops do not serve the people they serve the state. The orders come in from the state. Cops are here to protect the state, not the people. I can't say that enough. Police exist to protect the state(government). When we the people take to the streets to fight for our rights, these police officers will not walk beside us, but instead take arms against us. Fuck the police.

RIP Antwan Rose

shit_for_brains

« Reply #44 on: June 21, 2018, 07:37:28 AM »
All cops are bastards

fang

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 195
« Reply #45 on: June 21, 2018, 08:09:17 AM »

Joclo

• Rep: 19
  • Just wiggin out
« Reply #46 on: June 21, 2018, 08:22:49 AM »
This fucking slimeball will go on living his life even though theres video of him murdering someone. The US is just scary these days. Absolute power corrupts absolutely. Fuck the police.

RIP

ungzilla

« Reply #47 on: June 21, 2018, 08:28:42 AM »
Expand Quote
rip .. that’s disgusting .. these dirty police officers need to go to jail and stop being protected .. the good cops out there should be the ones that stand up for the victims and stop allowing these pieces of shit to wear the badge
[close]

I always thought a large part of being a cop was never testifying against other cops no matter how many people get shot.

they don't call it "testi-lying" for nothing

RIP Antwon Rose

nino brown

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1416
  • only nerds kook people
« Reply #48 on: June 21, 2018, 08:30:32 AM »
fuck white cops

emchen

• Rep: 20
« Reply #49 on: June 21, 2018, 08:34:12 AM »
I am so fucking sad and fed up with this country.

In the past few years, I've been getting pretty anxious every time I see B-roll involving skaters vs. cops, fearing for the worst. Stay safe out there, especially if you're a POC.

RIP Antwon

Sad Hippo

« Reply #50 on: June 21, 2018, 08:50:32 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

No, you fucking moron. I'm trying to figure out the timeline for the events. You know what you're doing, you're reading something that you don't take the time to actually think through, and what you're reading is making you emotional. You're making a snap judgement, an alarming amount of them actually, without actually taking inventory of all the facts presented to you (sound familiar at all?). You pick one sentence out of that entire post and that's the point you scrutinize? You're acting outraged because you think you're entitled. Fuck me? None of that matters? Finding context in a scenario doesn't matter? No one said a teenager deserved to get shot in the back. If you actually took a second to read what I wrote, you'd notice I criticized the cop for reacting the way he did in the first place. I think he's a murderer. Will they feel the same way in a court of law? There are a lot of intangibles to that question and if you look at past trends you'll find that these cases usually don't result in the way they should. You know how you right that? You gather facts and make an actual argument. You don't break out the pitch forks and scream all pigs must die.

What facts matter other than the kid was shot in the back 20 yards away, running?  Nothing that happened up until that point matters.  I saw you covered your ass by saying IF the shooting wasn't justified the cop should be held accountable, yes.  How is it even a question? Did you not watch the video?

Also LOLing hard at racist ass junky bawtawd wanting to have an honest discussion about racism...

MintySandwhich

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -128
« Reply #51 on: June 21, 2018, 08:52:29 AM »
I feel so sorry for POC in these types of situations. No matter what they do, they are fucked. Whether Antwon ran away, or remained in the car.. the chances are that the odds are not in his favor.

RIP Antwon

Rusty Shackleford

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 124
  • you know about goretex?
« Reply #52 on: June 21, 2018, 09:26:49 AM »
"Give the cop a medal and a raise"
damn. some folks are heartless. RIP

se7en3two

• Rep: -24
« Reply #53 on: June 21, 2018, 09:26:57 AM »
All cops are bastards

This and there is no excuse for shooting someone in the fucking back. He'll be put on paid leave, pending an investigation and waste more tax payer money. This cunt just killed a kid and someone will try to justify it.

It's 2018 and we can't come up with a less lethal way to handle these situations?

I know several younger guys (from HS) who've joined the force and shouldn't be qualified to handle a pricegun at walmart, let alone a firearm. Ridiculous...

fulfillthedream

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 319
« Reply #54 on: June 21, 2018, 09:31:59 AM »
only in america
Skateboarding is like jacking-off, it's that good- Jeremy Klein

[

shit_for_brains

« Reply #55 on: June 21, 2018, 09:36:56 AM »
The piece of shit who murdered him was hired roughly 5 weeks ago and was sworn into the department around 3 hours before he killed this boy.

thebacker

« Reply #56 on: June 21, 2018, 09:48:11 AM »
The piece of shit who murdered him was hired roughly 5 weeks ago and was sworn into the department around 3 hours before he killed this boy.
what the actual fuck

Alan

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2545
« Reply #57 on: June 21, 2018, 09:49:38 AM »
No surprise. The rookies only mimic what the older cops do.
Hosin' out the cab of his pickup truck
He's got his 8-track playin' really fuckin' loud

SlappyBum

• Rep: -4
« Reply #58 on: June 21, 2018, 10:09:32 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
[close]

Hey, hows that boot taste?

Gino's Back 180 Nosegrind

• Rep: 34
« Reply #59 on: June 21, 2018, 10:18:29 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

No, you fucking moron. I'm trying to figure out the timeline for the events. You know what you're doing, you're reading something that you don't take the time to actually think through, and what you're reading is making you emotional. You're making a snap judgement, an alarming amount of them actually, without actually taking inventory of all the facts presented to you (sound familiar at all?). You pick one sentence out of that entire post and that's the point you scrutinize? You're acting outraged because you think you're entitled. Fuck me? None of that matters? Finding context in a scenario doesn't matter? No one said a teenager deserved to get shot in the back. If you actually took a second to read what I wrote, you'd notice I criticized the cop for reacting the way he did in the first place. I think he's a murderer. Will they feel the same way in a court of law? There are a lot of intangibles to that question and if you look at past trends you'll find that these cases usually don't result in the way they should. You know how you right that? You gather facts and make an actual argument. You don't break out the pitch forks and scream all pigs must die.

[close]

What facts matter other than the kid was shot in the back 20 yards away, running?  Nothing that happened up until that point matters.  I saw you covered your ass by saying IF the shooting wasn't justified the cop should be held accountable, yes.  How is it even a question? Did you not watch the video?

Also LOLing hard at racist ass junky bawtawd wanting to have an honest discussion about racism...

A lot of the facts matter. In fact, all of them do. For all you know, someone in that car just emptied nine .40 rounds into a 22 year-old man, and now they're driving around, doing who the fuck knows what. And for your information, there will be a debate on whether the shooting is justified, whether you like it or not. And guess what, there will be a circumstance that exists that this cop and his lawyers will use to "justify" it. When I say that word, this is the context I'm using it in. Cover my ass? My god I'm done. I don't have enough crayons to explain this shit to you. And ultimately, I do agree with you, even though you seem like an imbecile.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2018, 10:29:56 AM by Gino's Back 180 Nosegrind »